Alcala investigated in three more slayings

norest4thewicked

True Crime Writer
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
With "Dating Game" serial killer Rodney Alcala pleading guilty to two slayings in New York, the investigation into his possible ties to other victims now moves to Seattle and San Francisco.

Investigators in Marin County believe Alcala was responsible for the 1977 murder of Pamela Jean Lambson, 19, who vanished after supposedly meeting a photographer at Fisherman’s Wharf in San Franscisco. She was eventually found dead on a Marin County hiking trail in a way consistent with other Alcala victims.

In Seattle, authorities last year began investigating Alcala's possible connection to the slayings of Antionette "Tony" Witaker, 13, in July 1977 and Joyce Gaunt, 17, in February 1978. Det. Mark Jamieson of the Seattle Police Department in 2010 told The Times that officials don't have any definitive evidence linking Alcala to the homicides but are exploring whether there might be a connection.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+lanowblog+(L.A.+Now)

Recently, I was reading about the unsolved murder of Linda O'Keefe, an 11 year old girl in Newport Beach, who was found murdered on July 6, 1973. The suspect was described as being a Caucasian man between 24 and 30 with brown curly hair. The suspect description and the MO (young girl, strangled, sexually assaulted) made me think of Rodney Alcala, but I wasn't sure if he was available at the time or in jail. Was he detained or out of state in July 1973?

lindaokeefe_zpscaaccf22.jpg

I'm not sure if Linda's case was ever solved. Above is part of an article about all of the Secret Witness cases from the Long Beach Press Telegram August 23, 1973.

INCARCERATION August 12, 1971 until August 3, 1974
FREEDOM: August 3, 1974 until October 16, 1974 (only out 2 months)
INCARCERATION October 16, 1974 until June 1977

Thanks! It must have been someone else. It seems that there were a lot of homicidal people in Southern California in the 1970s.

Ambercat:

As far as I know this hasn't been solved. I knew Linda O'Keefe and her sister, Diana. Linda was in the class ahead of me and was taking summer school classes at the junior high after finishing 5th grade at Harbor View Elementary. I was going into 5th grade that summer. It was life changing for many of us who were used to walking and riding our bikes everywhere. Our parents took us anywhere we needed to go for years afterward. We were trained to be on the lookout for 'the blue van'. It was a very significant event in an otherwise charmed childhood.

Recently, I was reading about the unsolved murder of Linda O'Keefe, an 11 year old girl in Newport Beach, who was found murdered on July 6, 1973. The suspect was described as being a Caucasian man between 24 and 30 with brown curly hair. The suspect description and the MO (young girl, strangled, sexually assaulted) made me think of Rodney Alcala, but I wasn't sure if he was available at the time or in jail. Was he detained or out of state in July 1973?

lindaokeefe_zpscaaccf22.jpg

I'm not sure if Linda's case was ever solved. Above is part of an article about all of the Secret Witness cases from the Long Beach Press Telegram August 23, 1973.

I came across this link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Torrey-Pines-State-Beach.html#ixzz2KwEeFjdf

Very sad, in some reports it states her body was posed in the sand. Possible Alcala victim?

Claire Hough was murdered six years later (in 1984) in the same location, and under identical circumstances. Both murders were likely committed by the same perp.

But Alcala was in prison in 1984. So if both murders were done by the same perp, then it couldn't have been Alcala.

Could you please share the source of the above information?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks! It must have been someone else. It seems that there were a lot of homicidal people in Southern California in the 1970s.

There were - now it's shifted to the north western states...! Gawd knows why.
:scared:

Hi. I have not followed this case much, so forgive me if my dates are off and I am way off base. I did notice a likeness in this picture http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10006434-110.html to Calendonia Jane Doe.

Which photo are you referring to of the 100+?

It seems that his MO generally included strangulation and rape, but Cali was shot with with no indication of rape.

Also it not clear that he was "available" in early Nov 79?

Could you please share the source of the above information?

Thanks in advance :)

You should be able to find the dates I found for his incarceration in these two articles:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/rodney_alcala/1.html

http://www.laweekly.com/2010-01-21/news/rodney-alcala-the-fine-art-of-killing/

I made a list of the dates as a reference to check against dates of possible other murders. It was a tedious task and I do not have all the links I used to double check the dates.

The complete dates of his imprisonment are:

Released June 17, 1977
INCARCERATION about March 22 to May 22, 1978 for posserssion of marijuana. Exact dates unknown. I was never able to find.
ARRESTED in February. 1979 and released on $10,000 bond by Riverside judge pending trial.
ARRESTED July 24, 1979 and incarcerated until present.

Today is the 45th anniversary of the kidnap and murder of Linda O'Keefe. Newport Beach Police are using a unique way to attract attention to this case once more in the hopes of finding her killer...

Who Killed Linda O'Keefe? Newport Beach Police Retell Her Story

Ambercat:

As far as I know this hasn't been solved. I knew Linda O'Keefe and her sister, Diana. Linda was in the class ahead of me and was taking summer school classes at the junior high after finishing 5th grade at Harbor View Elementary. I was going into 5th grade that summer. It was life changing for many of us who were used to walking and riding our bikes everywhere. Our parents took us anywhere we needed to go for years afterward. We were trained to be on the lookout for 'the blue van'. It was a very significant event in an otherwise charmed childhood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back