Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure. The timeline would indicate to me more of a crime of opportunity. Why initiate the abduction at the busiest place in the county if you've been planning it?

Could he have initiated the abduction there so he could plant her car where it was found?

Something has really been bugging me. Maybe this has already been said, so I'm sorry if I missed it.

The lawyer said that RAT said he wasn't the last person to see her "alive." This would indicate to me that he knows she is dead. So he did kill her and is lying through his teeth or perhaps he didn't do it, but he knows what happened to her, implicating an accomplice. I just found it interesting that he chose those words.

I don't think RAT would have a twitter or ******* account. Could be very wrong, but I just don't see it. He or his lawyer however do know that Alexis was using marijuana. How one or the other knows...well not sure, but it is possible she was buying it from RAT, or that RAT is who her supplier bought it from. Stranger things have happened. Scary that IF RAT is the perp, and was the perp in the other case, we may never know where Alexis is! The other girl was never found. :( Sadly, whether she was alive when he last saw her or not, I doubt she's alive now. Especially if she was left in a secluded place somewhere. Sad that there might not even be any searches for her today. I realize knowing WHERE to search is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I can't imagine NOT looking SOMEWHERE for her! Might be time to bring in some search and rescue crews, or allow some community searches for her. Each place searched is one place she's not. At this point, awful as it sounds, looking for vultures might be a good idea. Gosh I don't know, but seems instead of just believing they have the perp and waiting for whatever they are waiting on....maybe the family should rally the troops for some searches. I can't imagine the anguish the family must be in. So sad.

Imoo, many interesting comments by Alexis's Aunt.

Yes, I've read many interesting comments as well. Especially the ones about not seeing her with dilated pupils, she didn't use drugs, etc. Now I know family doesn't typically know a teen is using drugs, but if they look at her online accounts at all, they should at least suspect it. To totally disclaim is...I don't know, maybe just in denial. Too difficult to come down on the family when they are going through total hell right now.

I also wonder how Alexis didn't know where her Grandma and uncle lives. Maybe she's never been there, and the family is estranged from them? Don't know.

Thought I read somewhere that the aunt bought a vehicle from the same place RAT worked, and Alexis was with her at the time. Thinking 3 yrs ago??? Wondering if any other vehicles were purchased from the same area or if Alexis ever went there looking for a vehicle herself? It was stated she was driving her Dad's car at the time of her disappearance, so maybe she went there just browsing with hopes of getting a vehicle since she had just gotten a job.

All just IMO as I sit here listening to my own 17yr old daughter getting ready for school this morning...and knowing her parents aren't doing the same. :(

I didnt read everything but it looks like I only missed the servers being down and the finding of phones.

It's more interesting what isn't being said. Why is the anger about the age difference and not about the alleged content of the discussion?

Because a creepy old dude approaching a young 17 year old woman for ANYTHING is much more sinister than Alexis possibly smoking pot (an activity which, thankfully, is finally becoming viewed as less of a crime by many? Most? People)?

If it were my daughter, you bet your butt I'd be much more concerned and angry about this dude approaching my daughter than about any possible pot smoking on her part. And if interviewed, that'd absolutely be what I'd be focusing my comments on.

It's more interesting what isn't being said. Why is the anger about the age difference and not about the alleged content of the discussion?

What I meant was the aunt said, "Alexis is not perfect and no child is." Then she preceded on about the age difference between RAT and A.

Imoo, The aunt didn't deny A knowing about weed...that's all I'm going to say. :)

After speaking with multiple media outlets Wednesday, Hallahan, a court-appointed attorney in the case, did not return repeated calls from The News & Advance seeking comment Thursday. By Thursday afternoon, he changed his voicemail message to include the phrase, “I will not be calling anyone back from any newspaper, TV station or radio.”
The Nelson County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office also declined to comment regarding Hallahan’s statements.
Trina Murphy said the lack of communication from Alexis on the night of her disappearance was highly unusual for the teenager.
“You can look at her phone records and see she’s clearly always on the phone,” she said. “I think his story is full of holes.”
Vicki Crawford, Alexis’ volleyball coach at Nelson County High School, said Hallahan’s claims surrounding the teenager’s disappearance are highly upsetting.
“I think it’s a big, fat pack of lies,” she said.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_44a791f0-0629-11e3-8f22-0019bb30f31a.html

this lawyer reminds me so much of Jose Baez. Remember when he got his own "investigators" and set up his own "tip line"?

It makes me sick really.

I don't think he has done his client any favors at all. Glad he decided to zip it.

Something has really been bugging me. Maybe this has already been said, so I'm sorry if I missed it.

The lawyer said that RAT said he wasn't the last person to see her "alive." This would indicate to me that he knows she is dead. So he did kill her and is lying through his teeth or perhaps he didn't do it, but he knows what happened to her, implicating an accomplice. I just found it interesting that he chose those words.

Great point.

What I meant was the aunt said, "Alexis is not perfect and no child is." Then she preceded on about the age difference between RAT and A.

Imoo, The aunt didn't deny A knowing about weed...that's all I'm going to say. :)

he is setting up his defense strategy Cherie.. imhoo.

I don't care if she smoked pot. I don't care if she cussed on her social media. But he is going to use that to assassinate her character if and when this comes to trial. Hopefully when it gets to that point they can get any and all social media thrown out.

Folks remember, most things the media report may not be totally accurate.
A report of them searching 10 ft off the road is likely an estimate. It could have been 20 ft and it may not be where whatever they found was located.
We don't know where they found the phones. We assume it was outside because if the reports of "found it!" being called out.
It can be assumed AM had an iPhone since that is what is in her selfies on SM.
We don't know for sure that LE only found one hair since this only came from Hallahan's account and not LE's confirmation.
We just don't have most of the facts and evidence and I don't expect we will be getting them.
As far as finding her and their claim they are looking for a missing person and not a body, what else are they suppose to make public? If they have no evidence of violence they certainly can't just assume she's been murdered based on the fact that she's nowhere to be found. I am sure most people are assuming she is not alive, I think even her family is starting to realize this, but with no crime scene, no blood, no clothing, I am sure they aren't going to just come out and say they are looking for a body. It may seem like giving false hope but I imagine it is a pretty delicate PR situation for LE, especially when they have a family hoping for the best. It breaks my heart. Just my thoughts.

Yes, I've read many interesting comments as well. Especially the ones about not seeing her with dilated pupils, she didn't use drugs, etc. Now I know family doesn't typically know a teen is using drugs, but if they look at her online accounts at all, they should at least suspect it. To totally disclaim is...I don't know, maybe just in denial. Too difficult to come down on the family when they are going through total hell right now.

I also wonder how Alexis didn't know where her Grandma and uncle lives. Maybe she's never been there, and the family is estranged from them? Don't know.

Thought I read somewhere that the aunt bought a vehicle from the same place RAT worked, and Alexis was with her at the time. Thinking 3 yrs ago??? Wondering if any other vehicles were purchased from the same area or if Alexis ever went there looking for a vehicle herself? It was stated she was driving her Dad's car at the time of her disappearance, so maybe she went there just browsing with hopes of getting a vehicle since she had just gotten a job.

All just IMO as I sit here listening to my own 17yr old daughter getting ready for school this morning...and knowing her parents aren't doing the same. :(

I was only commenting about the above linked article from .wdbj. :seeya:
About her family, it's possible A's family members live near each other but don't socialize. I have family 5 miles away I haven't seen in 10 yearsLol

We spoke with Hallahan just after Taylor explained to him his version of what happened the night Alexis disappeared. Taylor claims the last he saw her, Murphy and another unknown man left his camper in separate cars.

We asked Hallahan if he thinks Taylor is innocent. Hallahan says his opinion is irrelevant; he will defend his client to the best of his ability.

We also asked Hallahan whether Taylor knew where Alexis is today. "I didn't ask him 'where is she.' I don't ever ask a client that 'cause I don't want to know," he stated.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23150801/search-for-alexis-day-12-hearing-set-fbi-moves-headquarters

I don't care if she smoked pot. I don't care if she cussed on her social media. But he is going to use that to assassinate her character if and when this comes to trial. Hopefully when it gets to that point they can get any and all social media thrown out.

I imagine you're right nurse.

Fwiw, A possibly smoking pot doesn't bother me.....At all.
Her disappearance and her still being missing weeks later bothers me.

I also want to reintegrate my comment was in reference to Alexis's Aunts comment on a local news station linked here at WS ...above, this morning. :moo:

Of course I agree on the defense strategy, it's his explanation for evidence linking her to him.
But I'm not too sure if it can be considered "character assassination" when he admits taking part in it himself. As people said, smoking pot is not that bad, even legal in some states. Now, if he would've claimed that she prostituted herself and that's how she ended up in her trailer, and CRD being her pimp or next john or whatever, yeah, I'd agree. But pot? Nah.
:moo:

I imagine you're right nurse.

Fwiw, A possibly smoking pot doesn't bother me.....At all.
Her disappearance and her still being missing weeks later bothers me.

I also want to reintegrate my comment was in reference to Alexis's Aunts comment on a local news station linked here at WS ...above, this morning. :moo:

I know Cherie! I agree with you. It makes me so.... :stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member