Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to say this again. There is No Way that a 20 something drug dealer ever comes to a stranger with an once or two of pot!

jmo, but $60 probably would have been a quarter not an ounce, def not two... if I had to guess... not that I would know of course...

Is there a conflict of interest reported?
Just realized you were asking about DeBruin... my comments below are about Hallahan... sorry about that.... as to DeBruin, yes it was a conflict of interest.. would have to find a link again, but I know it was reported on wset news as well...
as to Hallahan, the comments were based on why he was released from prior murder case.... see below:
I have to find the link... it was posted on her by a member who posted links to past cases by Hallahan and wasnt sure if it was okay to do so?? anyway, the article had said that the client felt that H was not listening to him in terms of exploring alternative possibilities of other suspects that needed to be looked into.. or something along those lines... was not listening to what he wanted him to do... and the judge did not want to release the attorney that close to trial... but once the judge called both client and attorney into his chambers and listened to the whole issue, he decided that in order for the client to have a fair trial he needed to allow him to dismiss his attorney and find competent counsel... or something to that affect, even thought it would set the trial back and delay his right to a speedy trial. will have to find the article and the link to it again... its in a previous thread

in reading some of the comments from the articles posted here i see more than one or two folks have taken the pot story as gospel.
hopefully it does not hinder people from looking for alexis or keeping their eyes open to anything unusual in their surroundings.............but maybe thats his objective.

as an aside let me say i'm always joking about pot and saying it should be legalize but i have NEVER as much as held a joint in my life.

And can RAT cram anymore useless sterotypes in one story. Cornrows? I dunno who even wears cornrows anymore!! That was like so 10 years ago.A caprice? yup I know about 6 brothers that have a caprice. Drug dealer? check? Drinking a beer, yup. He might has well say this guy have a gold grill, drinking a 40oz, wearing a gold chain and blasted lil wayne when he left. And he doesnt know the guys name? Let's say it was pookie.

As you can probably tell I'm a bit annoyed by this....

Oh god, it IS beyond annoying, but I'm dying laughing over your last paragraph. :help:

so a previous question I was asking was... what local SAR teams are there that you guys may know of that can be called in, or do you know any that you can call... how does one get the ball rolling on getting something going... i just feel like there are no boots on the ground here... I see posts on FB in comments asking the same thing, and elsewhere... everyone is focusing on RAT... I want her found.... I've been out looking back before her car was found... we went out looking for her car, my family and I... but this is bigger then along the road sides... and I dont want to be trapsing off in the woods alone... so.... how do we get SAR teams here? I know Parasearch was up in Ch'ville looking at MH location... <modsnip> so ideas, thoughts, suggestions, offers of help, anything? ~feeling helpless

I understand the frustration with the perceived stereotypes, but haven't several locals confirmed that cornrow guy exists and drives that car? I'm just not really approaching this case mentally in terms of racism.

I'm also somewhat skeptical of some claims of there being 100% consistent, strictly-followed rules of how weed deals work. I know lots of us (including me) have various degrees of experience with various subcultures and not-really-legal stuff, but claiming that any of us know how every single drug transaction works is specious at best. "Person A (of this age/race/gender) would NEVER do this with Person B (of this other age/race/gender)".

Basically, I'm seeing stuff claimed as fact instead of opinion.

*Not saying RT's story is true and yes I've been doing a lot of devil's advocacy in this thread*. But there could be useful shreds of truth in RT's story and I don't know if there is value in trying to reject the entire thing outright without examining the claims one by one. On that note, I'm sure LE either already knows about cornrow guy (since RT says he's been telling them the same story since the beginning), and maybe have already located and cleared him. Although they may want to say so, since there are an awful lot of details about the guy in SM/article comments.

I am still wondering about CRD's connection to RAT. We know there really is a CRD (sadly there is a reason stereotypes exist, its because enough people fit that description) locals have reported seeing him and his car. No doubt RAT saw him too.

But do you think he really was a friend of RAT's and RAT ratted on him? Or, here is what I am thinking, CRD crossed paths with RAT in some way (maybe he owes him money? maybe he made fun of RAT? maybe he cut him off at an intersection? who knows) and RAT ratted on him to get even.

I could see someone who is accused of murder LOVING being able to get even with some of his enemies by trying to throw LE and media suspicion on them.

so a previous question I was asking was... what local SAR teams are there that you guys may know of that can be called in, or do you know any that you can call... how does one get the ball rolling on getting something going... i just feel like there are no boots on the ground here... I see posts on FB in comments asking the same thing, and elsewhere... everyone is focusing on RAT... I want her found.... I've been out looking back before her car was found... we went out looking for her car, my family and I... but this is bigger then along the road sides... and I dont want to be trapsing off in the woods alone... so.... how do we get SAR teams here? I know Parasearch was up in Ch'ville looking at MH location... <modsnip> so ideas, thoughts, suggestions, offers of help, anything? ~feeling helpless

I know per another member that Parasearchers tweeted they were searching on anchorage farm rd yesterday. I know they also use thermal drones with their search equipment per a tweet they posted. Also, I suggested it before but the Laura Recovery Center assisted with the Morgan Harrington search by sending three volunteers to organize a community search. However, I think the family has to contact them. I have passed that information on to the relative of AM that I know. I hope the family reaches out to them, or LRC reaches out to them. At this point all help is needed to try and find her.

I am still wondering about CRD's connection to RAT. We know there really is a CRD (sadly there is a reason stereotypes exist, its because enough people fit that description) locals have reported seeing him and his car. No doubt RAT saw him too.

But do you think he really was a friend of RAT's and RAT ratted on him? Or, here is what I am thinking, CRD crossed paths with RAT in some way (maybe he owes him money? maybe he made fun of RAT? maybe he cut him off at an intersection? who knows) and RAT ratted on him to get even.

I could see someone who is accused of murder LOVING being able to get even with some of his enemies by trying to throw LE and media suspicion on them.

one mini theory my hubby had about CRD was that RAT knows him or has seen him around somewhere, maybe even smokes with him occassionally... but that CRD has nothing to do with this and RAT is pegging him (an obviously not white guy) as a way of letting his accomplices (the white folks in the truck with him) know thru the media that he's not ratting THEM out... jmHo (just my Hubby's opinion) lol

Sorry havn't had time to catch up. Has he admitted to killing her or abducting her or is the arrest from the dna of her hair found in his trailor.

one mini theory my hubby had about CRD was that RAT knows him or has seen him around somewhere, maybe even smokes with him occassionally... but that CRD has nothing to do with this and RAT is pegging him (an obviously not white guy) as a way of letting his accomplices (the white folks in the truck with him) know thru the media that he's not ratting THEM out... jmHo (just my Hubby's opinion) lol

Yup, that is what I posted a few posts earlier. I think RAT is having fun ratting out a guy he doesn't like which might also serve to take focus of any actual accomplices he is trying to protect

I think the info you provided is really good and I pray that LE at least checks it out.

My hubby works in Waynesboro and he said there was major police presence all day yesterday and this morning. Not sure if it's connected, but I thought I would mention it.

where did I hear that.... wait.... was it on here? maybe...? but really early on in the investigation... like really early on, they had searched in waynesboro too... I want to say before her car was even found... was that in a thread here, does anyone remember? I guess there is not a way to do a keyword search of a single forum is there? wonder if it is related...

i think its almost a certainly that RAT has seen crd around town........quite possibly with AM or just teen girls in general.

@burbqueen, I pretty much said the same thing. It's racial profiling based on having scanned the news after the fact and learned that his prey happened to be a social media butterfly. It's known that some perps get a thrill out of watching the ensuing investigation after they commit a crime. They feel smarter, I guess, thinking that all the kings horses/men won't bring the victim back, in this case find her. Obviously, he was very emboldened by the Samantha Clark "success."

where did I hear that.... wait.... was it on here? maybe...? but really early on in the investigation... like really early on, they had searched in waynesboro too... I want to say before her car was even found... was that in a thread here, does anyone remember? I guess there is not a way to do a keyword search of a single forum is there? wonder if it is related...

I hadn't heard that. Maybe they're back checking it out again. Also, when I called the tip line I did tell them that the caprice that I've seen on 151 was headed toward Waynesboro. Maybe they are following up on it?

so a previous question I was asking was... what local SAR teams are there that you guys may know of that can be called in, or do you know any that you can call... how does one get the ball rolling on getting something going... i just feel like there are no boots on the ground here... I see posts on FB in comments asking the same thing, and elsewhere... everyone is focusing on RAT... I want her found.... I've been out looking back before her car was found... we went out looking for her car, my family and I... but this is bigger then along the road sides... and I dont want to be trapsing off in the woods alone... so.... how do we get SAR teams here? I know Parasearch was up in Ch'ville looking at MH location... <modsnip> but never heard back... so ideas, thoughts, suggestions, offers of help, anything? ~feeling helpless

I am with you on this as well! If local search teams are informed, please let me know. I'm not as close as some of you, but I am willing to travel to help find Alexis. (Of course, I know this has to be done in an appropriate manner with guidance from professionals).

so a previous question I was asking was... what local SAR teams are there that you guys may know of that can be called in, or do you know any that you can call... how does one get the ball rolling on getting something going... i just feel like there are no boots on the ground here... I see posts on FB in comments asking the same thing, and elsewhere... everyone is focusing on RAT... I want her found.... I've been out looking back before her car was found... we went out looking for her car, my family and I... but this is bigger then along the road sides... and I dont want to be trapsing off in the woods alone... so.... how do we get SAR teams here? I know Parasearch was up in Ch'ville looking at MH location... <modsnip> but never heard back... so ideas, thoughts, suggestions, offers of help, anything? ~feeling helpless

Well, since you know Nelson, you know that there are very few officers in the sheriff's department. A few years ago I happened to be having my car serviced the same time as a State Police officer and I overheard him saying that they'd pulled all but one state police officer from the Nelson County stretch of 29. When I was in college in the 90s, there were always cops in the medians, mostly state police. These days, it's a rare sighting. We're talking about a handful of LE at the most and huge tracts of privately owned land, some of it unoccupied, some of it known to be unoccupied. This is no man's land. I'm not one of those county residents who is enthusiastic about the environs. It's too desolate, which personally, makes me uncomfortable. What happened to AM is something I've always worried about.

Just to shed some more light about the state police pull out, what the officer was saying is that resources had to be allocated to these areas of Virginia that have seen population explosions in the last 10 years, mainly northern virginia and the hampton roads area, but also the richmond area. So a place like nelson, with low population, where population is on the decline just isn't going to get those LE resources.

I have a good friend who is a SAR member, dogs & all, & I can tell you they become very frustrated at times waiting for THE CALL. It has to go through legal channels. If I hear, I will post if allowed.

Well, since you know Nelson, you know that there are very few officers in the sheriff's department. A few years ago I happened to be having my car serviced the same time as a State Police officer and I overheard him saying that they'd pulled all but one state police officer from the Nelson County stretch of 29. When I was in college in the 90s, there were always cops in the median, mostly state police. These days, it's a rare sighting. We're talking about a handful of LE at the most and huge tracts of privately owned land, some of it unoccupied, some of it known to be unoccupied. This is no man's land. I'm not one of those county residents who is enthusiastic about the environs. It's too desolate, which personally, makes me uncomfortable. What happened to AM is something I've always worried about.

Just to shed some more light about the state police pull out, what the officer was saying is that resources had to be allocated to these areas of Virginia that have seen population explosions in the last 10 years, mainly northern virginia and the hampton roads area, but also the richmond area. So a place like nelson, with low population, where population is on the decline just isn't going to get those law resources.

Would that description also apply to the Samantha Clarke case? No body ever recovered because no searches were ever done? Same type of area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member