Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a good friend who is a SAR member, dogs & all, & I can tell you they become very frustrated at times waiting for THE CALL. It has to go through legal channels. If I hear, I will post if allowed.

I know to get Texas Equusearch involved the family or law enforcement must request it. What is the population in that area? Are there enough people who could do volunteer searches if a group like TES came in?

Because a creepy old dude approaching a young 17 year old woman for ANYTHING is much more sinister than Alexis possibly smoking pot (an activity which, thankfully, is finally becoming viewed as less of a crime by many? Most? People)?

If it were my daughter, you bet your butt I'd be much more concerned and angry about this dude approaching my daughter than about any possible pot smoking on her part. And if interviewed, that'd absolutely be what I'd be focusing my comments on.

:goodpost:

"Thanks" just isn't enough for this, Gardenlady.

I know to get Texas Equusearch involved the family or law enforcement must request it. What is the population in that area? Are there enough people who could do volunteer searches if a group like TES came in?
It is hilly and rural (search Crabtree Falls), low pop density, but volunteers would not be a problem. Harrington search had more vols than they could handle. Some of the best teams in the world are out of VA.:blushing:

@strach304, I'm not sure if SC lived in Orange or Culpeper, but I will say there are parts of these two counties that are suburban/rural, whereas Nelson is 100 percent rural. Orange more so than Culpepper, because Orange borders Spotsylvania which is heavily populated due to Northern Virginia/DC spill over. Culpeper has DC spillover too, but not as much as Orange.

In Culpepper, there are sizable tracts of land that are clearly cultivated, commercial farming, places like that have workers who are all over the property and because they being worked, it would be easier to track an outsider.

But, like Nelson, there are expensive tracts of land that don't get worked or are unoccupied. For example, someone might own 50 acres and just live in the house and work one acre in one corner of it. That's the problem.

Lack of volunteers isn't the problem. It's knowing where to look. Even if every person in Nelson county volunteered, where would they start in this vast place? It's like finding a needle in a haystack, assuming he didn't take her out of the county, which is just as likely. Considering that he/they have been seen on 151, that road leads to 1- Amherst county/Lynchburg and beyond on one end and 2-Charlottesville/Augusta county/Staunton and beyond on the other end. The volunteers that looked for MH were great, but they were looking in the wrong place.

ok I totally see the story RAT is telling as back peddling and character assasination and racial sterotyping. I heard this story and about flipped!

So AM doesnt text tweet or anything after 7:40? yet she was hanging out with one old dude she just happen to start a conversation with about smoking weed? So how did she get with the so called dealer? Just show up?? MOst people call their dealers. This can be verified by her phone records, duh. Why didnt he tell this story when he was first arrested and charged?

And let me tell you how I see it. There are some on the internet, not here, but other sites where people are like, "ok yeah this is possible". So I ask them why in the world would you believe someone who allegedly kidnapped and possible murdered AM and maybe even others out there?

Ok yeah, black chick, 17, of course it all makes sense. AH HA! She had to be into weed cause of course every teen is out there smoking pot and kicking it with drug dealers especial african american. Uh, no.

And can RAT cram anymore useless sterotypes in one story. Cornrows? I dunno who even wears cornrows anymore!! That was like so 10 years ago.A caprice? yup I know about 6 brothers that have a caprice. Drug dealer? check? Drinking a beer, yup. He might has well say this guy have a gold grill, drinking a 40oz, wearing a gold chain and blasted lil wayne when he left. And he doesnt know the guys name? Let's say it was pookie.

As you can probably tell I'm a bit annoyed by this....

Bolded by me - EXACTLY. This why I doubt that Cornrow Dude even exits, or if he does, that he's really this much of a walking stereotype.

Could RAT have come up with a more stereotypical version of a black drug dealer? It's like something straight out of the '90s movies like "Don't Be A Menace..." and the "Friday" films. :banghead:

But why would he disable his hotline and instruct people to call LE?

He's got the Patsy he needed in CRD to back up RAT's story.
I think that will be the whole focus of the defence for his client.

Yep, I said that about the cornrows, very 8 years ago. If there's still a black man in the county with that hairstyle, everybody would know about it. It's just that passee. If he exists, he's hanging out with the black guy wearing the 10lb afro, flowered bell bottom pants and 8 inch high platforms.

From what I understand some teams have been out around the car, but that's it so far. So teams are up and already involved. But like writer411
says, they have to be pointed in a direction, with good leads as they are not inexhaustible.

I know per another member that Parasearchers tweeted they were searching on anchorage farm rd yesterday. I know they also use thermal drones with their search equipment per a tweet they posted. Also, I suggested it before but the Laura Recovery Center assisted with the Morgan Harrington search by sending three volunteers to organize a community search. However, I think the family has to contact them. I have passed that information on to the relative of AM that I know. I hope the family reaches out to them, or LRC reaches out to them. At this point all help is needed to try and find her.

Would you please also pass Texas Equusearch's contact info on to this relative of AM that you know? The family has to ask TES to come in.
Here' TES's contact info:
http://texasequusearch.org/contact-tes/who-to-contact/

Bolded by me - EXACTLY. This why I doubt that Cornrow Dude even exits.

Could RAT have come up with a more stereotypical version of a black drug dealer? It's like something straight out of the '90s movies like "Don't Be A Menace..." and the "Friday" films. :banghead:

I know that you don't know me, but I can attest to the fact that this person does exist. He is a black male that drives a Caprice with big rims. I cannot confirm the cornrows.

Yep, I said that about the cornrows, very 8 years ago. If there's still a black man in the county with that hairstyle, everybody would know about it. It's just that passee. If he exists, he's hanging out with the black guy wearing the 10lb afro, flowered bell bottom pants and 8 inch high platforms.

LMAO! Hahahaha, there was a guy on the Today Show this morning headed the 10lb way, but, hey, he was a wrestler coming out, so he can wear it, and wear it well.

That being said, there is not Corn Row Dude. I figured it, but I have to admit I enjoyed saying CornRow. Even though no one ever wants to be called that, I felt like Children of the Corn name, American Indian name, I never even felt it was an African American name, but thought it would be a great name for one of the slap in the face night time cartoon shows. I should be ashamed. :blushing:

But why would he disable his hotline and instruct people to call LE?

Two possible reasons. One, RT wasn't thrilled that he gave cornrow dude's name to LE and told him to be quiet.

Two, he set it up to find cornrow dude and that happened, he gave the info to LE yesterday (as did others). So he no longer needs it.

There is always the possibility LE got really pissed and promised to make his life hell if he kept talking, since he used to be LE in that area. That is a stretch

Three RT is dumber than a box of rocks and really did make up the whole story (which boggles my mind bc as i said upthread, he knows by giving the details that the guy would be questioned to corroborate his story) If he is that dumb though he should have been caught much earlier.

Silky, I thought RAT did NOT give CornRow's name???? Said he didn't know it?

I know that you don't know me, but I can attest to the fact that this person does exist. He is a black male that drives a Caprice with big rims. I cannot confirm the cornrows.

The "cornrows" part is part of what I doubt, if that makes sense. (and that any drug dealer would go to an unknown first time buyer's home, beer in hand, etc)

The cornrow dude may be loosely based on some guy RAT has seen driving around, and I feel like he added stuff in from '90s portrayals of black drug dealers or gang bangers from movies and tv to make it seem more "believable," which it isn't. RAT had probably seen the car around being driven by a black male and thoght oh yeah, I'll blame it on the black guy with rims on his car since it's so stereotypical to think any black guy with rims on his car is a drug dealer. May as well add in cornrow, too.
I hope that makes sense. I think he just thought of the guy with rims on his car and ran with it, spinning one big tale with a really stereotypical black guy to blame for his "the black guy did it" defense.

LMAO! Hahahaha, there was a guy on the Today Show this morning headed the 10lb way, but, hey, he was a wrestler coming out, so he can wear it, and wear it well.

That being said, there is not Corn Row Dude. I figured it, but I have to admit I enjoyed saying CornRow. Even though no one ever wants to be called that, I felt like Children of the Corn name, American Indian name, I never even felt it was an African American name, but thought it would be a great name for one of the slap in the face night time cartoon shows. I should be ashamed. :blushing:

Well, the perp's whole story is slapstick comedy, and if it weren't for this poor child missing and her family going through unimaginable suffering, we'd all be ROTFL our respective AO. Young girl leaves her house to buy hair accessories, that's a fun little outing for a teenager, and 10 minutes later, her life descends into an 70s exploitation flick starring Pam Grier and cornrow guy? Sheesh! give me a break. He should be mindful about insulting the community's intelligence. Since Nelson County sheriffs pretty much know all the perps and suspected perps in the county, I'd be interested to see if they know about cornrow guy.

The "cornrows" part is part of what I doubt, if that makes sense. (and that any drug dealer would go to an unknown first time buyer's home, beer in hand, etc)

The cornrow dude may be loosely based on some guy RAT has seen driving around, and I feel like he added stuff in from '90s portrayals of black drug dealers or gang bangers from movies and tv to make it seem more "believable," which it isn't. RAT had probably seen the car around being driven by a black male and thoght oh yeah, I'll blame it on the black guy with rims on his car since it's so stereotypical to think any black guy with rims on his car is a drug dealer. May as well add in cornrow, too.
I hope that makes sense. I think he just thought of the guy with rims on his car and ran with it, spinning one big tale with a really stereotypical black guy to blame for his "the black guy did it" defense.

Young guys like to keep their cars with rims clean, all the time. RAT has probably seen this guy several times at the local carwash. No matter what his hair is like.

Silky, I thought RAT did NOT give CornRow's name???? Said he didn't know it?

He didn't but he gave such detail that more than one person, including two posters here knew who it was, where they worked and that he has school age children and had seen him picking up/dropping off the kids

imo

Yeah, I don't really doubt that this guy exists, but that doesn't mean I think he had anything to do with Alexis's disappearance.

i dont doubt corn row guy may exist and since this is a small town I can only hope that law enforcement is seeking or has already talked to this guy. And when they were hanging out RAT didnt get the guys name once? Not one time AM said this dudes name? Come on, please.

And once again, did she call this guy or just show up at his house. If calls were made then we would have a record. If she just showed up then wasnt RAT following behind and kinda lead detectives to where cornrow lives? If you gonna make up a good story at least have it make some kinda sense.

Let me tell you, there is a case recently where some things have been a bit hinky with the victim. I wont say any names, but everyone is quick to point out and blast certain oddities surrounding the whole investigation as victim blaming. Despite evidence being revealed that raises questions. As I have said before, not here in particular but other sites. Yet with this case, people have been quick to believe RAT and I cant help but feel that if the races were reversed people would see the whole pot story in a different light.

And I honestly dont think people do it on purpose, its just engrained in people due to society. I know writer411 has made a bunch of interesting obervations that I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998