Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
so.. help me to understand this...

1) they've charged him with a probation violation?
2) what was he on probation for, the arson charge?
3) what were the terms of his probation?
4) they have charged him with violating probation BEFORE she went missing?
5) is this what they arrested him for, relating to her case?

help me to understand, cause I am really confused.... :)

No, he has been arrested for Abduction by Force/Intimidation on Sunday, August 8/11/2012. I think this just ensures that he will stay in longer even if he gets bond. JMO.

LIS > Code of Virginia > 18.2-47
leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-47‎
18.2-47. Abduction and kidnapping defined; punishment. A. Any person who, by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, ...

No, he has been arrested for Abduction/Kidnapping on Sunday, August 8/11/2012. I think this just ensures that he will stay in longer even if he gets bond. JMO.

bumbed up my reply a couple posts just because I had edited the questions I was asking... sorry :)

1) they've charged him with a probation violation, in albermarle county... separate from the abduction charge in nelson?
4) they have charged him with violating probation with an offense occurring BEFORE she went missing but not charging him until after he was arrested for abduction in nelson?
5) does this mean its stemming from something he told them in interrogation?

There is a separate thread solely for RAT, guys! Just letting you know :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219213"]RAT background thread[/ame]

ETA - This is my 100th post! Yay :D :rockon:

I have a busy afternoon/evening today and tomorrow morning/afternoon so I probably won't be on WS very much, if at all. Here's hoping there's breaking news while I'm away and Alexis is found.

Keep on sleuthing' on, guys! :)

I just posted on the RAT background thread how these charges are linked to the arson charge. You can tell by the case numbers. Go check it out there if you want to know more.

This thread is for discussion of AM. RAT's background sound be discussed at

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9764085#post9764085"]RAT Background Thread[/ame]

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 100th POST, ASHLEY426!!!!!!!

:balloons: :party: :partyguy: :Banane57:

:cupcake: :cake4u:

:partyguy2:

:seeya:

Btw, has anyone seen the latest charges in Albemarle County:
http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.html

Case Number:
CR04017298-02 Re-Instatement
He has now been charged 8/12/2013 With Violating Probation (Felony) date of offense 8/01/2013 with a Hearing date of 8/16/2013 Capias Granted.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon, IMO.

Throwing the book at him to make sure he stays inside. Obviously a flight risk. Good.

Wonder who'll get the first interview? Dateline or 48 Hours?

Could explain why things were quiet yesterday too. He had a court hearing. I suspect they got the jail camera working and he was transported to court again or we would have heard about it.

Lets us also know that they are investing hard. They got some sort of evidence that he violated hi parole back in July. So even though we might not see a lot of action, stuff is happening.

Still wish they were organizing more searched for AM though. I feel like even if they have no strong leads, thee are general areas people could look. If it is volunteers what is lost? Unless they are worried that evidence would be messed up?

Still wish they were organizing more searched for AM though. I feel like even if they have no strong leads, thee are general areas people could look. If it is volunteers what is lost? Unless they are worried that evidence would be messed up?

From what I've read a lot of posters say about this area, it's definitely not a lack of volunteers. It seems like an amazing community. I believe hundreds and hundreds of people would show up. But I am very curious as to why there are no searches. I know it's VERY vast the amount of places Alexis could be, but you've gotta start somewhere!

From what I've read a lot of posters say about this area, it's definitely not a lack of volunteers. It seems like an amazing community. I believe hundreds and hundreds of people would show up. But I am very curious as to why there are no searches. I know it's VERY vast the amount of places Alexis could be, but you've gotta start somewhere!

The possibility still exists that she has been taken to a more urban area and is being forced to work for whomever. There have been large scale round ups (Nationwide) in the past few days of MS 13 gang members. 263 arrests have been made in the last month for Project Razor's Edge.

http://wtvr.com/2013/08/16/ms-13-gang-sweep/

In very recent case an Augusta County teen was rescued from Arlington County (Northern VA) She apparently willingly left with a 22 yo Man that she met on Facebook. An Arlington County spokesperson said that she was found in an area that is none for human trafficking.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/article_a447f978-8b78-11e2-818c-0019bb30f31a.html

We've seen a lot of reports of searching by helicopter. It's unlikely they could see a body from that height but are they maybe searching for a pot farm? Maybe the reason he wanted to be hooked up with AM's dealer is that he wanted a buyer for his crop?

We've seen a lot of reports of searching by helicopter. It's unlikely they could see a body from that height but are they maybe searching for a pot farm? Maybe the reason he wanted to be hooked up with AM's dealer is that he wanted a buyer for his crop?

I have wondered the same thing about a pot farm.

I guess helicopters can see if someone is moving about, and the heat checking, but there will not be heat if not alive since the 3rd. I really must stop being so hopeless, and keep hoping she is out there and scared somewhere.

bumbed up my reply a couple posts just because I had edited the questions I was asking... sorry :)

1) they've charged him with a probation violation, in albermarle county... separate from the abduction charge in nelson?
4) they have charged him with violating probation with an offense occurring BEFORE she went missing but not charging him until after he was arrested for abduction in nelson?
5) does this mean its stemming from something he told them in interrogation?

Probation violation may be b/c he is now charged with a crime. Also he admitted to drinking beer and smoking pot. May have tested positive.

https://www.facebook.com/Findalexismurphy

An update was posted yesterday that the search area is still under LE and that if and when the public is allowed to search, an announcement will be made.

They are only a few weeks away from hunting season (bow) in Virginia. They will have people in the woods then regardless, unless the land is posted.

Probation violation may be b/c he is now charged with a crime. Also he admitted to drinking beer and smoking pot. May have tested positive.
Except they give an offense date of AUGUST 1, 2013. That was prior to Alexis going missing. It is all very curious.

Except they give an offense date of AUGUST 1, 2013. That was prior to Alexis going missing. It is all very curious.

Ah, well, that is different.

Wonder if he failed to show up at the Probation Office on a scheduled date, being August 1?

As far as we know he doesn't have any charges for August 1, right?

So, Adrienne Salinas was found approx 30 miles directly east.

I am going to revise my original 30 mile south idea in this case to include east and west, see if anything pops out on a map. JMO.

got it... i see... curious that the offense occurred on 8/1? (before she went missing) would that be maybe something he said/admitted to during interrogation and so they charged him with it... which in turn also helps keep him locked up?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆