NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it, but did we ever come up with a definition of the "minimal" transaction at Arrow?

In the world of copper/scrap what is minimal? I would think anything under $10 is "minimal" and not worth the gas to get there. $50? $100? $500? $1000???

For me, it boils down to that definition. Perhaps those here with knowledge of selling scrap can help. What would a place like Arrow and/or a person that sells scrap often consider "minimal"?

TIA

Maybe I missed it, but did we ever come up with a definition of the "minimal" transaction at Arrow?

In the world of copper/scrap what is minimal? I would think anything under $10 is "minimal" and not worth the gas to get there. $50? $100? $500? $1000???

For me, it boils down to that definition. Perhaps those here with knowledge of selling scrap can help. What would a place like Arrow and/or a person that sells scrap often consider "minimal"?

TIA

Yes, it was researched and the minimal transaction without ID at Arrow was $50 or less. I believe a link was provided in the previous thread but I am not 100% positive.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

We don't really know what criteria is used to have "endangered" in NAMUS info. It could be based on how family presents case, IMO. No one wants to have their missing loved on listed as simply "missing" or worse, "runaway". JMO

on fb, someone asked when he was listed as endangered and IM said how do you know he is listed as endangered. Which tells me most definelty something more is going on than she wants us to know.

Okay this is what I found out (sorry took so long, was having problems connecting to site) anyway...

The ping was. At 145pm at a tower in Melville which is in the town of Huntington. He was seen at Arrow at "approx" 215pm which. Is on Kean st in W Babylon. According to google it is
5.3 miles and should take approx 11 min to get there from Melville. I will check the time again during that same time of day to see if there is much of a difference in traffic. By that it took him 19 minutes longer than it should have. (Of course keep in mind, that although in my experience google is pretty accurate within a couple minutes. Again, I will check at the exact same time of day to see if there is a greater fluctuation) Then 30 minutes after being seen at Arrow, his phone went dead or was turned off. (Another thing I might mention is that sometimes if I leave my phone on the passanger seat while driving, if I have to make a quick stop to avoid an accident, it will fly off on to the floor board, popping off the back and dislodging my battery...probably not relevant but thought I would mention just in case) now keep in mind ALL of these times are "approx". They may be dead accurate or they may not be. We dont have even facts IMO to be sure. (Oh except for the 245pm no signal)

If they are fairly accurate...was there a stop in between melville and Arrow? That is 19 minutes unaccounted for. Could be nothing more than a quick stop for gas, something to drink..etc. but who knows?? I think the possibilities are unlimited.

If lets say the phone did in fact go dead, (although he didnt get any other calls that day, we dont know if he used any apps and/or if he even remembered to charge it the night before.) And wasnt just shut off or broken at 245pm. That means there could have been more than a half an hour before he disappeared. (What if he had other stops to make before going home?)

I would argue that he did not leave voluntarily for the following reasons (Besides his love for his family).

1) why would he bother to go to work knowing he would not see his pay for this day and he could get a longer head start when he left at 430am

2) If he did it spur of the moment, why bother driving an hour or more from Brooklyn back to LI? Just for a minimal transaction at Arrow? IMO I highly doubt it.

3) some believed he stopped at the house to get something (Due to statements made by the verified. Insider)...what? If anything, he left more rather than pack anything he might want or need. (Plus I am sure he would have thought IM was home at that time busy with preparations for the weekend, rather than at parents home. Why would he risk running into her?)

I can think of a few other reasons but I dont want this to drag out any longer

IMO this time frame leaves a lot more time available for "foul play" I am thinking at least until 4 or 430pm.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

imo I think he went to work that day for his paycheck. Which nobody will answer if it was cashed or not that day. JMO

Good Morning all-----a thought (well wrapped in a question-lol)----regarding the HBO guy-----isn't it a little early for any documentary/show to be filmed?????? RM is missing ---either disappeared, left voluntarily, victim of something--------there isn't enough "story" there IMO

And it isn't an attempt to defraud creditors and/or insurance carriers because there have been no bankruptcy filings or insurance claims.

but it could be attempt to gain power of attorney over anything of RM's, also an attempt to get creditors off your back---IMO

Back to FB, sorry! IM mentions tonight was the first night RM missed his son's band performance. Wasn't the band playing discussed in their last telephone conversation? So the band played or was supposed to play 9 weeks ago?

OMG Curious--lol-- I wondered that too----did they play, was band equipment transported....

Does anyone think if he left on his own free will he would have called Ida when he calmed down But when he found she reported him as missing decided to stay missing? Could he be that angry?

Very possible Eileen----it could have been his plan to leave , set himself up in a new home and return to work on Monday like usual.
Could HE be that angry?? sure
Could SHE be that angry? sure

But why leave the kids in limbo like this? No matter how angry I am with my husband, I wouldn't / couldn't put my son through this.

Vedder-- are we so sure that the kids haven't heard from him?? Maybe left them a letter, called, wrote

I don't know a single child over the age of 10 who does not have access to FB, IG and more, whether on their IPOD or phone.

and I agree with eileen, I don't believe LE is actively investigating the case. I believe theyre taking reports and such, but with no sign of a crime it's very unlikely they would spend the time and resources on this. that's not to say they never will, but with NOTHING to go on, this case can not be a priority.

I they did suspect foul play, the Very basic details could be released, there wouldn't be such noticeable silence.

Aren't their members of the family who are in LE?? Either his or hers?????

If he had taken a sum of money, I wonder if we would even be hearing about him, as that would be a pretty clear sign he had left intentionally. JMO

Not if IM really was angry and wanted to "get him". I know my temper--cannot speculate on hers. IMO

TIA

carterkatt--- the definition of "minimal" was asked several times--and never answered

Some random thoughts.
On RM's GTO whereabouts/status & status of LE investigation: We do not have the facts on these two issues due to there has been no official update release made by LE. We may have seen rumors or speculations; but it is my opinion that official facts have not been released to MSM or public. I wish there was a fired-up investigative reporter that would dig into getting answers about these issues. Do the television stations on LI have a reporter that is a "real investigative reporter". Is there a way to get them involved?

Re: tgirl1130's new theory angle.... it's possible. Like McSpy, I've given it some thought and something like that would fit in this case (that seems to have so many unclear dangling pieces). Surely is something to keep in mind.

Re: Records of Texts discussion. (First I need to stress that I am not a cell phone, text or cell tower expert... in fact what I think I know I learned listening to a couple high profile trials that used such as evidence.) Tossing this in and counting on being corrected if someone knows my statements to be an error.
A report from a service provider gives a lot of information on texts and cell calls (ex. who initiated, who received, time, serial of phone, tower information, etc) but does not give the content of a cell text. In order to get content of a text, one would need to have the actual phone.

The cell tower ping information reported in this case has always given me questions. It has been said that the phone "Last pinged at 1:45" in a particular area of LI (i.e. in a specific quadrant of a tower receiver). Since towers hand off and take on a cell - as the cell moves along - the report given seems to indicate that the cell phone "stopped moving" at that point. Could mean it was turned off and battery out or it was destroyed. This is further confused since RM was reported to be at Arrow around 2:25. Seems the phone would have continued to ping and even change towers (or at least quadrant of the CID. Would someone local post the driving distance from the last ping location to Arrow? Not that answers about this will tell what happened that day with RM, it would seem to let us know that some information may be being held for the investigation. ...... or maybe not. It's just something that has been nagging at me.

Hope answers will come soon for RM's family & friends.

Fast question------and this comes from alot of personal experience----what about an accidental dial (aka "butt dialing")--Mr C. does it alot as many as three times in one day b/c of the type of phone he has (company issued)---has it been explored that pings could be accidental calls rather than intentional actual calls??? I am sure I am off base--- I am a reader and writer, not a techie.

Fast question------and this comes from alot of personal experience----what about an accidental dial (aka "butt dialing")--Mr C. does it alot as many as three times in one day b/c of the type of phone he has (company issued)---has it been explored that pings could be accidental calls rather than intentional actual calls??? I am sure I am off base--- I am a reader and writer, not a techie.

You don't have to be using your phone for it to ping - it just needs to be on in the vicinity of a cell tower.

Not if IM really was angry and wanted to "get him". I know my temper--cannot speculate on hers. IMO

He'll hath no fury like a woman scorned!

What if their marriage was on the rocks Nd she says if u leave me I'll make Your life miserable if you go I'll report you missing. The police will brig u back.
Every day here on websleuths we see cases where husbands kill their wives because the wife wanted out what would make this any different.
I do not think this was a happy marriage jmo

very true Eileen-------the assumption is always the the woman is weaker and therefore the victim. Men can be victims-----we have heard of battered husbands---I am not saying of course that RM was a battered husband.

very true Eileen-------the assumption is always the the woman is weaker and therefore the victim. Men can be victims-----we have heard of battered husbands---I am not saying of course that RM was a battered husband.

Lol I dot think he was battered but I don't see her as a pushover. Maybe a manipulator. All Just my opinion. I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling from Ida sorry.

RM really seems like a devoted father, very close to his kids. I know it happens, men walk away from the wife and kids, but I just don't see it here. Just my gut.

To tell u the truth I think she wore the pants in this family. Ever since the remark that he never spent a night away from home or ever went out with friends sent off red flags causing me to feel he left her and her payback was to report him missing. J m o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member