NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK kids-- heading out--will check in later---everyone be safe and have a great day!!!
Maybe the Mass. sighting is THE one!!!!!

Not out of left field at all--- I had wondered if he saw something, was privy to info, saw something with another trade on the job and felt it was best to vanish. The fact that alot of people are not speaking, not searching for him speaks volumes.

That's why I said earlier that we don't really even know he left the job site (on his own) and even made it back to LI. If he didn't have ID at Arrow, anyone who looked similar could have made that transaction. No scent, no sightings, nothing. His Union ID could have been used at Arrow by someone else. Nothing adds up here. I don't believe it's a car jacking, why leave the car? Perhaps his tools and lunch pail were out at the job site and never returned to he trunk of the car. Could the perpetrator have thought to leave the car at RMs house (to add a twist, thus seen on the neighbors video tape) but felt it too risky, then left the neighborhood and parked at the train station?

The fence I'm on now is he'd leave IM maybe, but not the kids with no contact, or his elderly mom. But I m not sure he even made it to Long Island at all.

MOO

All they need is his clothes or something hes worn they don't need the car!

His car might not get released because she is not the owner like when your car is towed and taken to the impound u need registration drivers lic and proof of ins..... maybe she dosent have these things to get it back.

Maybe they cant find the title to it?
maybe its not registered to them?

something is holding that car!
Could even be the IRS!
Repossession!

Just my thinking here but I think money problems are the cause of this!

There could be a lot of reasons they are holding the car. Maybe they are not certain what happened to him (foul play or willfully left on his own accord). According to the media, LE doesn't think a crime was committed, but there could be a touch of uncertainty with that statement. Another reason to keep the car--- backlogged DNA labs. Also, we don't know their policies. Maybe they can only return a car to the registered owner and it was in Robert's name. I don't think it is that unusual they have kept the car this long, IMO.

Just some thoughts . . . No facts . .

very young girl and she only said she "Thought" she saw him...like 4 hrs ago.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

I think the best tips are from people who see the missing person on a frequent basis, such as a new neighbor, a new regular customer, a friend's new boyfriend, a new co-worker, etc. IMO, the one time sightings are usually mistaken identities. Yet, they should still be checked out anyway, if possible.

That's why I said earlier that we don't really even know he left the job site (on his own) and even made it back to LI. If he didn't have ID at Arrow, anyone who looked similar could have made that transaction. No scent, no sightings, nothing. His Union ID could have been used at Arrow by someone else. Nothing adds up here. I don't believe it's a car jacking, why leave the car? Perhaps his tools and lunch pail were out at the job site and never returned to he trunk of the car. Could the perpetrator have thought to leave the car at RMs house (to add a twist, thus seen on the neighbors video tape) but felt it too risky, then left the neighborhood and parked at the train station?

The fence I'm on now is he'd leave IM maybe, but not the kids with no contact, or his elderly mom. But I m not sure he even made it to Long Island at all.

MOO

The perp would need a ride out of there if he was going to leave the car.

Are you referring to the neighbor's surveilience video, which has not been confirmed? If so, I think if it was RM who came home for a minute or two, but I wonder why he didn't retrieve his wallet before going to Arrow? So, I think it was possible he drove up the driveway and then realized that he forgot to go to Arrow, so he backed out and went there. Perhaps he wanted to get it done and over with. I've done similar actions before-- forgetting to do an errand after a long day of work and a long drive. This is how I think it went with the limited information. I could be wrong.

I wish I knew how long the car was at the house. Could it have been there long enough to pack a small bag?? Was a bag or suitcase missing? Only IM would know, but the problem with a house full of stuff, people have a hard time figuring out what is missing.

I doubt it was a random perp who went to the house. Although, if the vehicle's registration with address info was in the glove box, the perp could target the home at some point, especially since they probably had the house keys on the car key chain.

Just some thoughts . . Sorry for the disorganization . . .

I think the best tips are from people who see the missing person on a frequent basis, such as a new neighbor, a new regular customer, a friend's new boyfriend, a new co-worker, etc. IMO, the one time sightings are usually mistaken identities. Yet, they should still be checked out anyway, if possible.

BBM - my feeling exactly! The best ID's are when a person can sees a unique marking, like a tattoo or scar. Otherwise, it amazing how many people look similar - especially if basing it off a picture.

Regarding the supposed drive by his house - I mentioned this before, but it sticks in my noggin - if he were leaving for whatever reason, he might have wanted to get one last look at his place. Kind of like when a funeral processions does that one last drive by the deceased house...

The perp would need a ride out of there if he was going to leave the car.

Are you referring to the neighbor's surveilience video, which has not been confirmed? If so, I think if it was RM who came home for a minute or two, but I wonder why he didn't retrieve his wallet before going to Arrow? So, I think it was possible he drove up the driveway and then realized that he forgot to go to Arrow, so he backed out and went there. Perhaps he wanted to get it done and over with. I've done similar actions before-- forgetting to do an errand after a long day of work and a long drive. This is how I think it went with the limited information. I could be wrong.

I wish I knew how long the car was at the house. Could it have been there long enough to pack a small bag?? Was a bag or suitcase missing? Only IM would know, but the problem with a house full of stuff, people have a hard time figuring out what is missing.

I doubt it was a random perp who went to the house. Although, if the vehicle's registration with address info was in the glove box, the perp could target the home at some point, especially since they probably had the house keys on the car key chain.

Just some thoughts . . Sorry for the disorganization . . .

If you are a believer in the existence of the video, the car was at the house after being at Arrow. The car was home for ten minutes. It was seen both arriving and leaving.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #1

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #1

Sweetnspicy---there was alot of discussion about "scents"--I had lots of questions (shocking I know) about if they could be "confused" with other scents like lime, rubbing alcohol etc. Also questions about the dogs being used.

Yes I remember. However, the questions were not exactly the same as what I am asking. I think there is a distinct difference. I was talking about the fact he was actually there and left so the dogs would obviously pick up his scent at scrap yard. I was asking something completely different....irrelevant now as it has been asked and answered. Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 4

Yes, the car was confirmed being not only on Long Island but at his home AFTER he stopped at the scrap yard. This info was given by a confirmed insider. I know at first I did not believe, but after fully understanding how one is verfied, I for one completely believe in this information. JMO

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 4

All they need is his clothes or something hes worn they don't need the car!

His car might not get released because she is not the owner like when your car is towed and taken to the impound u need registration drivers lic and proof of ins..... maybe she dosent have these things to get it back.

Maybe they cant find the title to it?
maybe its not registered to them?

something is holding that car!
Could even be the IRS!
Repossession!

Just my thinking here but I think money problems are the cause of this!

Yes but not monetary reasons. For the only reason I can think of (aside from it being in his name) they are retaining it because the case is still open, not closed. It is part of evidence. If for instance let's say, RM owned a jacket and he was last seen wearing it. Later the same jacket is found along a roadside, LE would keep the jacket, not release it to the family or discard it.

LE does not retain vehicles for the IRS or those that are in repossession.

Yes but not monetary reasons. For the only reason I can think of (aside from it being in his name) they are retaining it because the case is still open, not closed. It is part of evidence. If for instance let's say, RM owned a jacket and he was last seen wearing it. Later the same jacket is found along a roadside, LE would keep the jacket, not release it to the family or discard it.

So, there is some type of "evidence" associated with the car?

Mark redwine got his trucks back.
I think the only reason they still have it is because the person that owns it is missing!
And does LE have the car or is it in impound?

I have no idea. Well I do have ideas but....I know he didn't disappear willingly. At least according to the evidence. At this point, I wish he did. As time drags on it doesn't look good for Mr. Mayer.

Here is another instance in which you speak of "evidence". What "evidence" are you aware of that we are not aware of that compels you to confidently state, "I know he didn't disappear willingly"?

MOO

Yes. It is one thing to suspect he have just up and left his wife but when you throw his kids and parents into the mix, to leave them behind with out a care.....it doesn't mirror this man's character IMO.

Mark redwine got his trucks back.
I think the only reason they still have it is because the person that owns it is missing!
And does LE have the car or is it in impound?

Sorry I didn't follow that case. What was the reason for LE taking his trucks?

The car was not impounded. No one knows how long the car was there.

Yes. It is one thing to suspect he have just up and left his wife but when you throw his kids and parents into the mix, to leave them behind with out a care.....it doesn't mirror this man's character IMO.

But sometimes it happens!
Moms walk out on their kids too.

What if he felt he had to?
what if he felt it wouldn't matter if he left?

Life goes on!

The car itself is probably considered "evidence" - JMO

LOL I don't think so!
I think the evidence is what left behind in the car.
fingerprints
hair skin
blood
dna
etc
etc

That is what I meant. The car and everything it contains. So yes the car is considered evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan