FL FL - Tiffany Heaven Daniels, 25, Pensacola State College, 12 Aug 2013

The personal items left in the car really leave you with a limited number of possible scenarios.

A) Went swimming/surfing/boarding and ended up in a rip current or other water related mishap.

B) Left the car to hike or swim/surf and was intercepted by unknown individual(s). Possibly removed from the LKP by boat or vehicle. Potential for the unknown individual(s) to be couch surfer related.

C) The car and contents are a diversion by party or parties unknown to encourage LE and SAR to spend time and energy on option A allowing time and distance with the hope that in the end LE and SAR abandon the search in the assumption Tiffany was swept out to sea.

The Park Rangers would sweep the park at closing and discover the car and declare a SAR or missing person event after their hasty search came up empty.

I don't know what to think about that seeing the the car wasn't in the lot the day she went missing.

"A neighbor that lives in a condominium across the street [from the parking lot] said that car was definitely not there two days ago," Huntsinger said.
from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/21/tiffany-daniels-missing_n_3791494.html

When the neighbor in the article ^^ said "that car was definitely not there two days ago" I take it to mean the car may or may not have been there on Aug 12th since the neighbor only could account for it not being there two days ago... or did the neighbor mean her statement to be something like - up until two days ago the car was not there...
I'm sure LE has the answer, though.

IMO, I think they may not know for sure if it was there on the day she went missing but it was definitely not there 2 days prior to them finding the car. That's how I read it anyways.

Agree, that's the way I read it too. Considering her cellphone was in the car - that would have me thinking if she were taken, her car was not involved. Instead, I would think it happened when in the park and whomever did it not think about her car..
Wonder if tracking dogs have been brought in?

Agree, that's the way I read it too. Considering her cellphone was in the car - that would have me thinking if she were taken, her car was not involved. Instead, I would think it happened when in the park and whomever did it not think about her car..
Wonder if tracking dogs have been brought in?

I sure hope so.

I am amazed at how much potential evidence is lost in a high percentage of these cases when tracking dogs or footprint trackers are not called in before everyone from LE to the National Guard have tromped all over the evidence.

For some odd reason Tracking Dogs and Trackers seem to be an after thought. Been that way for 48 years of my experience. Go back 100 year or more and the Trackers were called first.

She took off a tad early (15 minutes) from work on that day. It was a Monday. It seems like she really enjoyed her job and was reliable to be there every day. I find a work night to be an odd time to couch surf.

The leaving early indicates to me that she was planning on meeting someone or going to a local event or class (dance class?). I wonder if she routinely kept her bike in her car.

So yes 8 bucks sounds about right; any video options of cars entering? The latest national park/seashore I was just at was 8bucks for the day as well but I didn't see any camera's or anything that would track my plate ...we need google earth for the park west parking lot.[/QUOTE]

The 8$ gives you a pass to all the state parks for a few days.

I sure hope so.

I am amazed at how much potential evidence is lost in a high percentage of these cases when tracking dogs or footprint trackers are not called in before everyone from LE to the National Guard have tromped all over the evidence.

For some odd reason Tracking Dogs and Trackers seem to be an after thought. Been that way for 48 years of my experience. Go back 100 year or more and the Trackers were called first.

I didn't even think of Trackers being used! Good point! As soon as you said that, I thought of the Holly Bobo case where she seen being led off by her assailant and nothing was done to keep the public away so Trackers could come in.

I live right outside P'Cola and just heard this morning about Tiffany. This is a good map that shows what is on Ft. Pickens Road on the West End map. (it's a a bit outdated, cuz we no loner have the observation/ferris wheel). http://www.visitpensacolabeach.com/pdfs/pensacola-beach-map-2012.pdf

The beach is not really that large and Ft. Pickens Rd. mainly has condos, townhouses and public beaches. The entrance to Ft. Pickens is merely feet from the parking lot her car was found in. When you make a right on Ft. Pickens Rd., it is about 4-5 miles til you reach Ft. Pickens at the end.

RE: possible cameras -- I have never noticed any at Ft. Pickens, but they may be there. There is also a toll booth going over to the beach and they probably have them there. PSC is about 30 minutes from the beach and she would have had to go through Gulf Breeze Proper on Hwy. 98 to get there. There are a lot of businesses on 98 (CVS, Bank of America, Walmart Marketplace, etc.) but I don't know how much their video cameras get of the cars driving on 98. And, there are many business in P'Cola beach she would pass on her way to Ft. Pickens, but again, I don't know how much their video cameras would get of someone driving.

I haven't found which side of the beach her car was found on -- does anyone know? The Sound is basically a bay, much more calmer.

Respectfully snipped..

I haven't found which side of the beach her car was found on -- does anyone know? The Sound is basically a bay, much more calmer.

According to the note on the find tiffany facebook page, her car was located in the final parking lot before the Fort Pickens gate..They seem to think her car has been there the whole time.

There is also confirmed footage from the sheriffs office of footage of her crossing the pensacola bay bridge on the evening of the 12th August.

I have spoken to the admin of the fb page and he confirmed that they have checked all the hospitals in the local area..Someone on the fb page suggested checking the motels in the area, but not sure if that has been done. You would have to think though that if she was in a motel, unless she was catatonic she would have known that all the searches along that road were looking for her. JMO

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130822/NEWS01/130822016/Search-continues-missing-PSC-employee

Aug. 22, 2013
41822998001_2621369004001_Tiffany-Daniels-2.jpg

The search for Tiffany Heaven Daniels entered its 10th day today with few new clues and family and friends still determined to follow any lead.

You really wouldn't use a motel/hotel. There is a paved parking lot on the left before you go into ft pickens. And one that wasn't so much paved on the right next to condos. Ft Pickens road has been closed since then as there was possible flooding over the road. I think it just opened today. The Fort is a ways down and in-between there is a campground and some stops for the beach as well as old fort fortifications. It is beautiful and a lot of wilderness. OH there is a small store near the camp ground. It is turtle and bird nesting time so a lot of areas are roped off but you wouldn't see them in the dark. I am hoping some of the condos have cameras as well as peg leg petes which is a place to eat. There is also a Circle K next to that. It's just crazy that her vehicle wasn't found before then. I am lurking today so if you have any questions shoot!

The personal items left in the car really leave you with a limited number of possible scenarios.

A) Went swimming/surfing/boarding and ended up in a rip current or other water related mishap.

B) Left the car to hike or swim/surf and was intercepted by unknown individual(s). Possibly removed from the LKP by boat or vehicle. Potential for the unknown individual(s) to be couch surfer related.

C) The car and contents are a diversion by party or parties unknown to encourage LE and SAR to spend time and energy on option A allowing time and distance with the hope that in the end LE and SAR abandon the search in the assumption Tiffany was swept out to sea.

The Park Rangers would sweep the park at closing and discover the car and declare a SAR or missing person event after their hasty search came up empty.

:goodpost: Only thing I would add is possible suicide, sadly. A couple of suicides around where I live near the GW bridge - a college gal living far away in Trenton NJ took a train and jumped off the bridge for apparently no outward reason, and then week later a young man working in NYC with what seems good job, marriage, just upped and left his job at lunch time and jumped off the bridge.

Respectfully snipped..

According to the note on the find tiffany facebook page, her car was located in the final parking lot before the Fort Pickens gate..They seem to think her car has been there the whole time.

There is also confirmed footage from the sheriffs office of footage of her crossing the pensacola bay bridge on the evening of the 12th August.

I have spoken to the admin of the fb page and he confirmed that they have checked all the hospitals in the local area..Someone on the fb page suggested checking the motels in the area, but not sure if that has been done. You would have to think though that if she was in a motel, unless she was catatonic she would have known that all the searches along that road were looking for her. JMO

There are parking lots on both side of Ft. Pickens Road, right before the park. The Gulf side (on the left) is a public beach with bathrooms and (I believe) a lifeguard station. On the right, is a parking lot for the condos and also overflow parking for the Gulf side parking lot. So, I'm curious which side of the road parking lot her car was found. I don't believe she would have parked on the sound side to go to the beach, but she probably would have to ride her bike into Ft. Pickens (entrance cost is cheaper for bikers and pedestrians.

Also, I read in a news article that a resident of the condos said he didn't think her car was there since Aug. 12th (sorry, I don't have the link handy) and was only there for the past few days before it was found.

Do you have link confirming the footage of her crossing the bridge, cuz this is the first time I heard that? I didn't even know they have cameras there. I wonder if they showed her car or her actually driving it?

TIA!

TY wow she has more than 8K photos posted and is a dancer too....:grouphug: Have any of you ever thought about couch surfing or did you know of it?

I'm around Tiffany's age, and I have a few friends who have done the couch surfing thing - none of them have ever had a bad experience (thankfully). It's basically an online community for travelers; people who have a spare room (or couch) advertise on the site that people traveling through the area can come and stay with them - it's a way for people who are traveling through the area to find free accommodation (it's against the rules of the site/community to charge someone to stay with you) and meet the locals who can show them around their home town. Each host has a page on the site, so before travelling to a city you can research who you want to stay with. On each person's page other travelers leave feedback after staying at the hosts's house, which helps choose 'safer' people to stay with. In theory, I think it's a fantastic way for young travelers to see the world cheaply, but unfortunately there are always shady people out there who can't be trusted and ruin it for everyone else.

This is the safety page on their website.

https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/safety

Personally, I think Tiffany left work early to meet with someone, and something happened to her while she was with them. It's possible that this person then moved her car and belongings here to throw LE off the trail. It will be difficult to track them down though. I think if LE were to contact the owners of the couchsurfing site they would be more than happy to provide any information about her profile or any recent people that had contacted her though, they definitely prioritize the safety of the members of their community.

My thoughts are with her friends and family, I hope she is brought home soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back