NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt LE has heard from RM, as they would not want searches taking place, risking injuries, trespassing incidents, etc. if they knew he was okay and simply did not want to be found. I really think they don't have much of an idea of what has become of him. JMO

Teacherkids-- welcome and great first post and Thank You!!!!--- have been thinking that too---where is "everyone"??? And why are they not helping????

I don't know but some people are not comfortable talking about family things in public. I have heard from IM, RM's sister was at at least one new presser from what I remember. The parents? maybe aren't confortable being in the limelite. I'm really not putting any weight on who isn't talking.IMHO ONLY

if LE knew RM was ok and left on his own, would they have to say anything to the public? They cant stop searches, can they? Did the police assist in any of the searches? If g-d forbid I had a family member missing, I would want as many people as I know screaming on the news, papers, Facebook, etc... NOTHING?? seriously? does anyone have confirmation that the cameras didnt work at ARROW?

Scarletamber-- click on teamilk8--and then view public profile---- the pixx are Album at the right.

if LE knew RM was ok and left on his own, would they have to say anything to the public? They cant stop searches, can they? Did the police assist in any of the searches? If g-d forbid I had a family member missing, I would want as many people as I know screaming on the news, papers, Facebook, etc... NOTHING?? seriously? does anyone have confirmation that the cameras didnt work at ARROW?

You could still search but LE would announce that the case was closed, IMO. They would not want people injured, lost, etc. from searching because they were not told he was no longer considered missing, but they would/could not stop families from searching anyway.

So I'm on my PC and I still can't find Teamilk's photos...:steamed:

What I did was I clicked on the name teamilk8 (from post 706), and when you click on that name itself a drop down menu comes up, and you click on view public profile, which will send you to the profile, and on the right side of the page you will see a photo and under that photo is a heading that says Area around Arrow scrap w. babylon, click on those words and it will take you to the album.

I hope that helps. :)

Welcome, teacherkids!
There is no confirmation of anything other than RM is not home. Period.
No statement from LE ...ever. Even that statement was via IM.
No parent, no friend, no priest, no barber, noone! But, IM, that is.
Very strange. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So I'm on my PC and I still can't find Teamilk's photos...:steamed:
Scarletamber.. Click on my underlined username, a list will drop down, select "view public profile" when you get to my public profile, look over to the right and you will see "my albums" if you click on the name of the album, it will open.

I don't know but some people are not comfortable talking about family things in public. I have heard from IM, RM's sister was at at least one new presser from what I remember. The parents? maybe aren't confortable being in the limelite. I'm really not putting any weight on who isn't talking.IMHO ONLY

what is a "presser" ???

IMO, LE would announce he was located to the family and possibly the public, but if RM doesn't want to let anyone know of his whereabouts, LE would probably honor that. LE would just disclose that he was found. RM's case would also be removed from Namus and other missing persons lists.

Just my opinion

McSpy-- makes total sense to me--IMO
If RM has been reunited with his family, they may choose to say nothing to the public.
And as far as we know no crime has been committed

Am I the only one a bit perturbed by the attention-seeking (IMO) on the FB page for finding Robert?

All about MEEEEEE comes to mind. JMO

I didn't even want to comment on it, but it has been increasing at a steady clip to the point where I can barely scroll through the page without a post about HIM - and it seems that the assistance being offered to IM is false (Please note: If I am wrong, and this is just a well-meaning member of the community genuinely trying to help, then I will gladly eat my own words.)

-----

So interesting, the characters that play into these disappearances. Surely it is not nefarious, but still, it is distracting to the actual purpose - finding Robert...

IMO, LE would announce he was located to the family and possibly the public, but if RM doesn't want to let anyone know of his whereabouts, LE would probably honor that. LE would just disclose that he was found. RM's case would also be removed from Namus and other missing persons lists. Just my opinion

I agree that if RM has had contact with LE and LE felt sure RM was not under duress - they would likely release something publicly - while honoring RM's wishes to not reveal details of his situation or whereabouts. That was done recently in the case of a woman who went missing (great lakes area) and was located in SW USA.

This case needs a firecracker investigative reporter to get a statement from LE. May need to put some pressure on local community leaders (counselperson) to get LE to make an official public statement. Many people are dedicating many hours to search efforts - a current statement on case status seems something local LE would want to give to the community.

I guess b/c it appears that no crime has been committed, there is nothing newsworthy about it to the media and some of the public at large.

Doesn't Robert or Ida have family in LE?? IIRC that was something that came out initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member