AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

Status
Not open for further replies.
northxnorthwest, criminology teachers as well as some profilers discount the spirtual aspect of profiling. Their loss, imo..

Cindy Paulson, was allowed to escape for a reason, imo.. Cindy had a purpose..and fulfilled it.. Good triumphs over Evil...

Not sure if you have read Founder of the Academy; Think Tank/retired FBI Roger L Depue's Bio;

respectfully snipped

Have not read it but sounds like something I would be interested in reading, I will def. be checking it out. Thanks for the rec. :) I am not the best/experienced poster on here but I am trying to learn all I can as I am considering going into LE or something related. Foxfire your posts are always great and informative, as well as many others on here! Honestly sometimes I feel like I learn more on WS than in class depending, heh.

I usually post on the McStay forum and had some questions about Israel Keye's and the FBI timeline that was most recently released based on the following links:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130825/NEWS03/130829531&template=mobileart

Keyes, an Army veteran who committed suicide in an Anchorage jail cell last December, was no stranger to New Hampshire, having flown Southwest Airlines to Manchester on Oct. 6, 2004, putting 1,745 miles on a rented red Kia Amanti, license plate 1230139, before flying back to Seattle 10 days later.

"We are asking for people to look at the time line on the FBI website and the time frames to see if any missing people fit that time frame and to call the FBI," Goeden said

About the victim, Keyes taunted investigators in 2012 after his arrest: "I'm not giving a name today."

I see the liscense plate information, miles, and flying from and to locations of what's known is listed - I am wondering if there are any habits that would help the investigators find out more information from a forensics standpoint and any patterns that may help them ask the right questions when other information comes to light and working with other LE's when missing person's are suspected to be involved with Israel Keye's - did he rent the same car every single time - at the same time - a particular color - did the car's have GPS systems that tracked where he went - also - when he flew were the airports able to provide any videos that would show for example - what he was wearing - did he have the same kind of luggage with him always - patterns that would help to connect any missing person's to IK or identify any of his victims

http://abcnews.go.com/US/victims-alaska-serial-killer-israel-keyes-sought-fbi/story?id=19948760

The FBI has released an online package of information related to Keyes that includes hours of interrogation videos, photos and an interactive timeline that traces Keyes' known whereabouts from 1997-2012.

BBM - in reference to the above links - I am wondering if Israel Keye's used his real name when travelling or if his name is being linked to that because that is what he told investigators

:tyou:

I usually post on the McStay forum and had some questions about Israel Keye's and the FBI timeline that was most recently released based on the following links:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130825/NEWS03/130829531&template=mobileart

I see the liscense plate information, miles, and flying from and to locations of what's known is listed - I am wondering if there are any habits that would help the investigators find out more information from a forensics standpoint and any patterns that may help them ask the right questions when other information comes to light and working with other LE's when missing person's are suspected to be involved with Israel Keye's - did he rent the same car every single time - at the same time - a particular color - did the car's have GPS systems that tracked where he went - also - when he flew were the airports able to provide any videos that would show for example - what he was wearing - did he have the same kind of luggage with him always - patterns that would help to connect any missing person's to IK or identify any of his victims

http://abcnews.go.com/US/victims-alaska-serial-killer-israel-keyes-sought-fbi/story?id=19948760

BBM - in reference to the above links - I am wondering if Israel Keye's used his real name when travelling or if his name is being linked to that because that is what he told investigators

:tyou:

IK was known to use several alias such as Iz....Izzy Keyes and also Izzy Reyes...also Israel Reyes and sometimes I read he would turn names around such as Reyes, Izzy....and probably tons they have not even began to uncover

The cars they have named and known him to rent was various cars and various colors and from all that I have read the only thing I have seen talked about or posted was apparently the rental comp. kept track of mileage as I'm sure most do....that is how they come to know how many miles he drove on some of his rentals....now knowing where he went in the cars...I have never read they knew of exact places

He told investigators early on that he always flew into LARGE Airports and then rented a vehicle...nothing so far I have read or searched talks about any videos or tapings at airports but personally I had never thought of this myself..would be very interesting to know if they have any

and most sadly to say his pattern known so far is to kill usually by strangulation (his preferred method) but he shot Bill Currier because he kept calling out for his wife and in the latest article released, FBI said he told them that he did hit one victim very hard in the back of the head...and all known so far was cut up in pieces, disposed of in black colored garbage bags...they have never found the Curriers bodies but found human decomposition of 2 bodies that was where the basement area was located where they once abandoned farm house or barn was he killed them in....If you remember that building was torn down in April of that very year and they did an 11 day search at the landfill...and also he told investigators he intended on returning later to Essex and burning that building to the ground

MOO....I think perhaps he strangled, killed, and then put in bags using drano to hurry the process along...and if possible I feel he at some time later probably went back to unknown victims and burned any building or place he may have killed them in because he told FBI that he started entering homes at a very young age and 20 to 30 arsons

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130825/NEWS03/130829531

I had not seen this article posted so I added the link
Personally I did kinda get a inkling inside that perhaps he was tied to Maura since he stated one drove an older car..but perhaps not

=========================================================================
HLN IS GOING TO BE DOING 3 SHOWS ON ISRAEL KEYES THIS THURSDAY...
I will post if I can find out the particular shows that will be doing these
I know I want to be glued to my TV and I'm sure some of you will want to be also

and I will end this night with saying....His photo not makes me get nauseated to my stomach and I'm not saying that in a light tone...the more we find out, the more I personally feel this "thing" was not human in anyway....to me it seems he was more like a wild animal that lives in the wild...but this is just my ramblings

From your link digndoodle:
Re: April 2009 female victim:
BBM
"During that trip, he told us, he had murdered someone," said FBI Special Agent Jolene Goeden. "We believe she was kidnapped from New Jersey and taken to another state where she was murdered, and then he disposed of her body in upstate New York."

"As to the April 2009 victim, we think we know who she is," Goeden said, "but we are looking for additional information."

The FBI said his victims were mostly female and ranged in age from teenagers to the elderly.

he did prefer strangulation as the method to kill his victims

feldman_debra.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/feldman_debra.html

https://www16.state.nj.us/NJSP_Ambe...bf:2CHp?parameter=mp_detail&mp_id=443&type=mp
Name FELDMAN,DEBRA J
Debra was last seen at her residence in Hacksensack, NJ on April 8, 2009. Any further information, please contact Hackensack Police Department at #201-646-7777. or NJSP Missing Persons Unit at #800-709-7090.
Sex Female
Race White
Date of Birth 09/08/1960
Height 5' 01''
Weight 112
Hair Blonde
Eyes Blue
Complextion Fair
Date of Last Contact 04/08/2009
NCIC # M378078900
Case # 0907702
County Bergen

http://www.nampn.org/cases/feldman_debra.html
Details of Disappearance
Debra was last seen at her residence in Hacksensack, NJ on April 8, 2009. None of her bank accounts were used.

per Google maps:
Manchester, NH to Hackensack, NJ
250 mi, 4 hours 0 mins
In current traffic: 4 hours 0 mins
I-95 S

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9784588#post9784588"]NJ Debra J Feldman, missing since 4/8/9, Hackensack, NJ - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

From your quote (quoting posts doesn't bring in the original quotes unfortunately) :
Complexion: Fair

Well, that is interesting isn't it?

I believe you may have nailed this one!

Personally I did kinda get a inkling inside that perhaps he was tied to Maura since he stated one drove an older car..but perhaps not

I know I want to be glued to my TV and I'm sure some of you will want to be also

and I will end this night with saying....His photo not makes me get nauseated to my stomach and I'm not saying that in a light tone...the more we find out, the more I personally feel this "thing" was not human in anyway....to me it seems he was more like a wild animal that lives in the wild...but this is just my ramblings

RE: the more we find out, the more I personally feel this "thing" was not human in anyway....to me it seems he was more like a wild animal that lives in the wild..

Agree, digndoodle... SKs such as IK are not human in any way..
My analogy of these Hybrid serial killers is that of a 'Mountain Lion'...

Hybrid serial killers possess no empathy or human emotions... Their victims are only objects for fulfilling their urges. They stalk & hunt their prey> ambush & attack> capture & control them> return them to their primary den/safe haven> terrorize & taunt them by performing torture & rituals. Then devouring them; body, 'mind, soul, and spirit'..
'As would a 'Mountain Lion'..

Serial killers: Can science control them?

By Graham Winch
updated 8:51 AM EDT, Thu August 15, 2013

NEED TO KNOW
The FBI is investigating cold-case homicides that may have been committed by serial killer Israel Keyes
The search is raising questions about what motivates killers like Keyes
A notable forensic psychiatrist says one day science will be able to diagnose and control serial killers..

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/08/14/serial-killers-can-science-control-them

I seen a promo for the Nancy Grace show last night and she is doing a two part show on IK this week. I believe the times are this Wednesday and Thursday evening.

Foxfire,
Your link, which doesn't want to copy or paste for me, states that IK would snatch people from ATM's and carjack them. Potentially useful information.

Also, he would drive to libraries or the airport to check the news on his exploits, until he got sloppy with Samantha and started using his home computer. Seems your theory on his ego getting the better of him since they were making a film of a serial killer in his home town is spot on. I'm reminded of Breaking Bad and Walter White getting Hank back on the case simply because he couldn't stand the idea that they thought Gale was the "genius" behind the operation. :twocents:

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall......

From your quote (quoting posts doesn't bring in the original quotes unfortunately) :
Complexion: Fair

Well, that is interesting isn't it?

I believe you may have nailed this one!

Thanks GGE. I have found some more recent addresses (and aliases) for her around NJ, I simply can't imagine that the FBI didn't find those as well and CALL HER! They say they are looking for "more information", but the only information they really need is "are you still alive?".....right???

Foxfire,
Your link, which doesn't want to copy or paste for me, states that IK would snatch people from ATM's and carjack them. Potentially useful information.

Also, he would drive to libraries or the airport to check the news on his exploits, until he got sloppy with Samantha and started using his home computer. Seems your theory on his ego getting the better of him since they were making a film of a serial killer in his home town is spot on. I'm reminded of Breaking Bad and Walter White getting Hank back on the case simply because he couldn't stand the idea that they thought Gale was the "genius" behind the operation. :twocents:

Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall......

BBM

IMO IK started getting sloppy when he used his home computer to check on media articles pertaining to Bill and Lorraine Currier.

The only reason IK admitted to the Currier murder was because he figured LE would find information stored on his personal computer about the Currier's disappearance. IK later said that he wished he wouldn't have given LE that information after the Currier's bodies were not located.

JMO

Due to my terrible memory, and since this thread is getting incredibly long, I am trying to 'regroup'. So far, here is what I think about possible victims....

1998: When he was arrested in early 2012, IK indicated that he became "two people" 14 years prior. This lines up with the year he joined the army. What caused him to join the army? Is it possible he committed his first murder and joined the army to avoid detection as well as to learn more skills useful for murdering? IK joined the army in early July 2008 in Albany NY. He had acquired his Constable NY property the previous year. Is it possible that his first victim was in upper NY state (or nearby states/provinces) in the spring of 2008?

July 2001 - October 2001. IK implied to the FBI that his first murder was during this period after he left the army. There is nothing on the FBI timeline that indicates what he was doing during this period. He got a job in Neah Bay WA, so this victim was likely from the PNW area. I have one off-the-wall massive long shot thought here. Did IK meet someone in the army who he connected with? In September 2001 "Lyle Stevik" (real identity still unknown) committed suicide in a motel in Lake Quinault, within direct bus route of Neah Bay. I presume he hid his identity due to feelings of guilt. Could he have hooked up with IK and been drawn into a murder and then felt remorse? (Hey, I said it was a real long shot!)

he killed two people (independent of each other) sometime during 2005 and 2006, and murdered a couple in Washington between 2001 and 2005. It is unknown if these victims were residents of Washington or if they were vacationing in Washington but resided in another state. It is also possible Keyes abducted them from a nearby state and transported them to Washington.

2005-2006. IK indicated that he disposed of the two separate individual's bodies in water in Washington State, one of which was Lake Crescent. I think it is a good possibility that Delmar Sample was one of these two victims (of course far from certain). Delmar disappeared March 4, 2005 and his vehicle was located March 6 near the Quinault River in WA. Who else is a potential victim during this time? None of the other WA 'missing persons' seems to fit, so possibly it is someone from Oregon, Idaho or Wyoming. (I don't think he would take the risk of transporting a body across the US/Canada border.)

2001-2006. The couple that he killed....I suspect it is Jeanette Bauman and Steve Haugen, who were found shot to death while camping in Willamette National Forest (south of Oakridge) in Oregon June 30 or July 1, 2005. There are a lot of other possibilities though. Mary Cooper and her daughter Susanna Stodden were found shot while hiking the Pinnacle Lake Trail in Snohomish Co. WA July 11, 2006. Another possibility is Lindsay Cutshell and Jason Allen, who where shot while they slept on the beach in Jenner in northern California in August 2004.

April 2009. IK's trip east. IK apparently killed a 'fair skinned' woman in the east and transported her across state lines, likely burying her in NY state. The FBI indicated that the victim was from NJ and they believe they know who it is. The most likely victim, based solely on publicly available "missing persons" records is Debra Feldman, missing from Hackensack NJ.

Other potential victims?

What were all of his trips to Mexico about? Particularly the day trips. Some people have suggested the McStay family could have been victims. I'm not feeling it, but I have to admit that I really haven't looked into it enough to have a valid opinion.

What about IK's trips to Utah and Las Vegas? What about California?? Surely there were some victims here.

What about Alaska? IK moved there in March 2007. I would guess that IK wouldn't want too many crimes 'close to home', but I also imagine that Samantha wasn't his first victim in AK. IK went to Juneau a couple of times. He also flew to Kenai. Any possible victims on these trips?

Maura Murray has been suggested as one of the eastern victims, but the timeline and situation just doesn't work for me.

I'll add more as I finish reviewing the various threads.

July 2001 - October 2001. IK implied to the FBI that his first murder was during this period after he left the army. There is nothing on the FBI timeline that indicates what he was doing during this period. He got a job in Neah Bay WA, so this victim was likely from the PNW area.

Snoopster-
I think that Blanche Campbell is a real possibility for his first victim.

She was murdered in her home and it was burned to the ground on May 8. 2001 in Butte Falls, OR and five days later IK got his DUI in Tacoma.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77718"]OR OR - Blanche Campbell, 80 - unsolved homicide/arson house fire, Jackson County, 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I don't have a link for this, but IIRC, the FBI has said that they have records placing him elsewhere for the Maura Murray case and have ruled him out on both her and Celina Cass.

Totally agree on the length and complexity of this thread......makes it difficult to have a single thread on a very complicated case.

FYI- The first successful use of psychological profiling of killers in Alaska occurred when it allowed police to narrow their search for the murderer of 5 Fairbanks-area women between 1979 and 1981.

Serving at Eielson Air Force Base in Fairbanks, Thomas Richard Bunday was not able to elude police for long. He had been transferred to Wichita Falls, Texas, but an hour after a warrant for his arrest had been issued, he took the coward's way out and committed suicide by plowing his motorcycle head-on into a truck.

http://www.explorenorth.com/library/weekly/more/bl-bunday.htm

I've commented many times before about tips being overlooked or discounted in virtually every missing/murdered person's case that I have researched over the last 5+ years.

http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/158359
Anchorage Daily News
Posted: October 17, 2011 - 10:04 am
From Kyle Hopkins in Anchorage --

Filming begins on 'Frozen Ground'

Read Wolkkuna's comment...
<sniped-read more>

if you read Butcher Baker by Walter Gilmore you will read about a plane circling Robert Hansen. On August 25, 1982....

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/08/27/israel-keyes-serial-killer-murder-photos-evidence

Photos: Evidence a serial killer left behind

Israel Keyes confessed to killing three people before his suicide in December 2012. The FBI believes he committed multiple kidnappings and murders across the country between 2001 and March 2012. In an attempt to identify additional victims, the FBI is asking anyone with information regarding Keyes to call the tipline at 1-800-CALL-FBI.
By Katherine Cavazini
updated 4:34 PM EDT, Tue August 27, 2013

Watch &#8220;Nancy Grace Mysteries: Confessions of a Serial Killer,&#8221; a two-part special airing August 28 and 29 at 8 p.m. ET on HLN.

Snoopster-
I think that Blanche Campbell is a real possibility for his first victim.

She was murdered in her home and it was burned to the ground on May 8. 2001 in Butte Falls, OR and five days later IK got his DUI in Tacoma.

OR OR - Blanche Campbell, 80 - unsolved homicide/arson house fire, Jackson County, 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't have a link for this, but IIRC, the FBI has said that they have records placing him elsewhere for the Maura Murray case and have ruled him out on both her and Celina Cass.

Totally agree on the length and complexity of this thread......makes it difficult to have a single thread on a very complicated case.

Good point Lucky. Blanche is definitely worth having on that list. IK did say he committed arson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam