Miley Cyrus - what the heck happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh I kept thinking that!!! If you're going to repeatedly thrust your huge tongue out your head like a lizard, at least use a tongue scraper so it doesn't look all coated and pasty.

Btw, someone sent me this and some of the comparisons really made me laugh, number 8 being one: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/things-miley-cyrus-looked-like-at-the-vmas?s=mobile

That link is hilarious!!! Will Smith's family's expression is priceless!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

hahaha that was funny

first off I thought that 'can't stop' song was a Justin Bieber song

secondly, her tongue hanging out was gross but I think twerking is worse and I cannot wait for that craze to be over

third, Robin Thicke's music is um, well ... VERY similar to Marvin Gaye's

4th - the looks on Will Smith & family's faces was PRICELESS

Haha, just saw this, I just wrote the exact same thing above, lol :biggrin:

I have no idea what twerking is but Miley Cyrus has the figure of a boy. No figure. The dancers were curvy and had some weight but she just looked silly and not at all sexy or whatever the point was supposed to be. The whole performance from the whole bunch was silly, imo. Was she supposed to look like a kid in that onesie before ripping it off? Maybe it's all more perverted than older people can make sense of.

Is it really a surprise that this what she grew up to be? She was a child star. She was pretty much owned and marketed by a major corporation. She never had an actual childhood; She was always working. The media/public has been picking her apart since she was 13. She made an obscene amount of money. Her parents see her as their "cash cow". She had "handlers" instead. Most of the friends she had were people that worked for her. It would be a miracle if she ended up well-adjusted.

I watched this video of her once, when she was a teenager...She was sitting at the computer, answering questions from fans. And everything that came out of her mouth was met with hysterical laughter from her handlers. Just like the simple little thing...*laughter*. Just imagine always being surrounded by people who laugh at everything you say. You are the funniest person in the world to them. You are always right. That's what happens with these child stars. They are always being praised. No one tells them "No".

The public is desperate for this girl to fail. People have been talking about her apparently inevitable sex tape, rehab trip, arrests, etc since was 15. With this performance, people feel they are closer to all of those things, so they salivating.

I have no idea what twerking is but Miley Cyrus has the figure of a boy. No figure. The dancers were curvy and had some weight but she just looked silly and not at all sexy or whatever the point was supposed to be. The whole performance from the whole bunch was silly, imo. Was she supposed to look like a kid in that onesie before ripping it off? Maybe it's all more perverted than older people can make sense of.

Just because she's thin doesn't mean she has the figure of a boy. Women come in all sizes. A women with small *advertiser censored* and a small butt still has the figure of a woman.

Is it really a surprise that this what she grew up to be? She was a child star. She was pretty much owned and marketed by a major corporation. She never had an actual childhood; She was always working. The media/public has been picking her apart since she was 13. She made an obscene amount of money. Her parents see her as their "cash cow". She had "handlers" instead. Most of the friends she had were people that worked for her. It would be a miracle if she ended up well-adjusted.

I watched this video of her once, when she was a teenager...She was sitting at the computer, answering questions from fans. And everything that came out of her mouth was met with hysterical laughter from her handlers. Just like the simple little thing...*laughter*. Just imagine always being surrounded by people who laugh at everything you say. You are the funniest person in the world to them. You are always right. That's what happens with these child stars. They are always being praised. No one tells them "No".

The public is desperate for this girl to fail. People have been talking about her apparently inevitable sex tape, rehab trip, arrests, etc since was 15. With this performance, people feel they are closer to all of those things, so they salivating.

I am not salivating. I think it is terribly sad and blame her parents (something I mentined to hubby last night), but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to think WTF was she doing.

I'm getting old. I had no idea what twerking was either.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoyVRO0A0E"]How to Twerk | Club Dance Moves - YouTube[/ame]

I am not salivating. I think it is terribly sad and blame her parents, but that doesn't mean I am not entitled to think WTF was she doing.

A lot of the general public wants Miley to fail. Every time she does anything remotely scandalous, we get all these comments about how she's going to have a sex tape soon, going to rehab, will overdose, get arrested, a meltdown etc. People want that stuff to happen. They want her to pay for being super successful, famous, and wealthy as a child.

I finally got around to reading the tags everyone mentioned earlier....too funny!

Miley's performance was disgusting. She is not a role model for our girls! Her parents should be ashamed, but they gave her a standing ovation. Pitiful.

On a side note, her new manager/promoter is the same one as Britney when she had her meltdown. Shocking..not!

A lot of the general public wants Miley to fail. Every time she does anything remotely scandalous, we get all these comments about how she's going to have a sex tape soon, going to rehab, will overdose, get arrested, a meltdown etc. People want that stuff to happen. They want her to pay for being super successful, famous, and wealthy as a child.

I don't think that's the case at all, it's like the biebs...they have everything earthly anyone could want, and they squander on cheapness imitations of what they could have.
It's sad to see them wasting what they could be.

She's selling herself so short.

Miley's performance was disgusting. She is not a role model for our girls! Her parents should be ashamed, but they gave her a standing ovation. Pitiful.

On a side note, her new manager/promoter is the same one as Britney when she had her meltdown. Shocking..not!

Why does she have to a be a role model for girls? HM is over. Her new record label is not owned by Disney. She's not responsible for raising other people's children.

Why does she have to a be a role model for girls? HM is over. Her new record label is not owned by Disney. She's not responsible for raising other people's children.

since when does role model = raising other people's children?

Billy Ray Cyrus is on Piers Morgan tomorrow (Tuesday) night. Could be interesting!

It makes one wonder what kind of career advice she's getting(if any)?
It seems so shrill and desperate.
Obviously this kid is surrounded by folks who tell her nothing except what she wants to hear.
The girl is a mediocre third rate talent at best who never would have been heard of if not for the novelty of Billy Ray being her father.
I suppose the terrible relationship/marriage choices are next along with the substance abuse demo derby.
If she survives it the inevitable Celebrity Rehab and Reality Show roller coaster complete with the 'inspiring' People Magazine puff piece about her 'heroic' struggle ...hopefully not followed by the news of her dead body being found in some dive motel three days later.
And Good Lord would someone please tell her to keep her tongue in her mouth for 12 seconds?
Nothing wrong with 'edgy' but that was just low rate Faux Japanese Anime *advertiser censored*.

It makes one wonder what kind of career advice she's getting(if any)?
It seems so shrill and desperate.
Obviously this kid is surrounded by folks who tell her nothing except what she wants to hear.
The girl is a mediocre third rate talent at best who never would have been heard of if not for the novelty of Billy Ray being her father.
I suppose the terrible relationship/marriage choices are next along with the substance abuse demo derby.
If she survives it the inevitable Celebrity Rehab and Reality Show roller coaster complete with the 'inspiring' People Magazine puff piece about her 'heroic' struggle ...hopefully not followed by the news of her dead body being found in some dive motel three days later.
And Good Lord would someone please tell her to keep her tongue in her mouth for 12 seconds?
Nothing wrong with 'edgy' but that was just low rate Faux Japanese Anime *advertiser censored*.

So perfectly stated, Kline.
ITA 100%

The tongue thing seems to be generational. If you look on facebook at pictures of this age group half of them seem to feel the need to thrust their, often pierced, tongues out and about and into a colegues ear when available.
I watched and wondered "why do I find this so disturbing" the back up dancers were, to my mind. more provocative, as they had breasts and bottoms.
Madonna was extremely sexual and provactive, still is, but she was not the sheltered child star that Miley is. Madonna was street wise. She wore her cone shaped bra with the confidence of a W O M A N.
Miley's slender curveless figure made her look much younger and Robin Thicke older and it all came together to look just a little bit creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo