Lies Exposed: discuss the cross exam of Arias

Does anyone here know if Mormons wear regular clothes under the white robes they wear at baptism? In one version CMj says that after baptism while still dressed in the white robes, Travis bent her over the desk and forced anal sex on her. In another account she states that in that alleged forced anal sex, that Travis bent her over his desk and unzipped his trousers. Would he be wearing trousers under the robe?

I know. I was raised and baptized Mormon. Never heard of white robes. Well, except for in the temple but that is a whole different story. A male or female can use a white jumpsuit that is provided by the church. Jodi is wearing a jumpsuit in her baptismal picture. No regular clothes underneath. White bra and panties only. The stitching even should be white. I suppose a person could go commando..but not advised. A person could choose to be baptized in their own white dress or pants/shirt. Travis looks like he was wearing a jumpsuit also. The only thing he would be wearing under it would be his temple garments. No regular guy underwear. They both would have changed into street clothes after the baptism.

I know. I was raised and baptized Mormon. Never heard of white robes. Well, except for in the temple but that is a whole different story. A male or female can use a white jumpsuit that is provided by the church. Jodi is wearing a jumpsuit in her baptismal picture. No regular clothes underneath. White bra and panties only. The stitching even should be white. I suppose a person could go commando..but not advised. A person could choose to be baptized in their own white dress or pants/shirt. Travis looks like he was wearing a jumpsuit also. The only thing he would be wearing under it would be his temple garments. No regular guy underwear. They both would have changed into street clothes after the baptism.

Thanks for the great explanation, the last sentence was mostly what I was concerned with. As per the murderess, she claimed this assault on her person happened at Travis' home "while they were still in their baptismal clothing" or something to that effect. Judging by what you have said above, that was clearly all a lie on her part.

Thanks for the great explanation, the last sentence was mostly what I was concerned with. As per the murderess, she claimed this assault on her person happened at Travis' home "while they were still in their baptismal clothing" or something to that effect. Judging by what you have said above, that was clearly all a lie on her part.

Found this. She said "church" clothes. She would have to have been wearing a dress after she changed out of the wet baptimal jumpsuit. No pants allowed for women. Well, there was that Wear Pants to Church movement by the Feminist Mormon Housewives. But typically, dresses only.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/06/live-blog-arias-testifies

1:39 p.m. ET: "I was in my church clothes. He was in his church clothes. The kissing got more passionate, more intense. Then he spun me around…he bent me over the bed and he was just on top of me. I thought he was just going to keep kissing me,” said Arias.

1:38 p.m. ET: After the baptism, Arias and Alexander went back to her house. Arias said Alexander bent her over the bed, and he began to have anal sex with her.

ETA: No pants for women in the chapel/church. They can wear them at other times.

I see nothing significant about them. You can be a good housekeeper and still miss a few things, and in this case only two things were missed (I ignore the tiny carpet-like fibers). I personally believe the dog had something to do with the tassel. My dogs like to chew and rip things apart. They track a lot of crap around the house too. Same with my cats.

Yes, I've noticed that my cats tend to pull up carpet fibers (I've only had cats for about 1.5 yrs). I've started COLLECTING them so I can sew them back in at some point if any bald spots appear :smile:

I think she said she was wearing a dress or a skirt, which is likely for the reception afterward. That was one of the things that bugged the you-know-what out of me because Nancy Grace kept yammering on and on and on about how she was still in her baptismal clothes when the alleged incident happened. Nancy Grace KNEW full well that she was deliberately misstating the testimony in order to be salacious and outrageous, but she continued to spout that day after day. JA was wearing a jumpsuit for the ceremony. If she had still been wearing her baptismal clothing (which by then would have been really, really WET and starting to smell kind of dank, like a damp towel that wasn't getting enough air coverage to dry properly), with the kind of violent yanking up that she described, the only penetration that would have occurred would have been from a very painful wedgie that one might expect from a yanked-up jumpsuit.

Here are pics of the two camera memory cards, the first one is the card presented in court, bagged and numbered (not sure which day it was shown, 2nd or 3rd day probably).

The second pic is the Sony card that was found in the washer and photographed on the washer and tagged '37'.

It doesn't seem like either card was in the camera when originally found - the third pic is of the camera inside the washer, you can see its back cover is off. I think it was Heather who testified that it wasn't on when taken into evidence but Melendez said when he got the camera it was put together.

Biggest question is, where did the chunky blue memory card come from, and which card had the pictures on it?

Attachments

• cameracard1.jpg
    cameracard1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 26
  • cameracardSony.jpg
    cameracardSony.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 28
  • camerainwasher.jpg
    camerainwasher.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 26
One other thing that comes to mind, when JA was talking about the memory cards to Flores she drew two cards, one small and thin like the Sony card and one chunky like the blue card.

Maybe she threw the wrong 'other card' into the wash and nudie pics weren't supposed to be on it, something else that didn't point to her but was damaging to Travis (as if she hadn't hurt him enough already). There's a reason there are two cards, I just don't know what it is.

Here are pics of the two camera memory cards, the first one is the card presented in court, bagged and numbered (not sure which day it was shown, 2nd or 3rd day probably).

The second pic is the Sony card that was found in the washer and photographed on the washer and tagged '37'.

It doesn't seem like either card was in the camera when originally found - the third pic is of the camera inside the washer, you can see its back cover is off. I think it was Heather who testified that it wasn't on when taken into evidence but Melendez said when he got the camera it was put together.

Biggest question is, where did the chunky blue memory card come from, and which card had the pictures on it?

I still think about the camera cards a lot. I'm now convinced that there were two and that LE somehow bungled up their info. Nothing makes sense about the two cards and Dett. Mendez really didn't seem to know what the hay he was talking about other than "processing" according to set rules/regulations.

Something is amiss here. Probably they have better information than they are able to present because they effed up...

moo

I still think about the camera cards a lot. I'm now convinced that there were two and that LE somehow bungled up their info. Nothing makes sense about the two cards and Dett. Mendez really didn't seem to know what the hay he was talking about other than "processing" according to set rules/regulations.

Something is amiss here. Probably they have better information than they are able to present because they effed up...

moo

Yes P.P., I also believe something happened where the cards are concerned, I read an opinion elsewhere that the pics we've seen help both sides (the nudies establish she was a welcome guest and the accidental pics the commission of the crime) so neither side wanted to press on camera or card info too much and risk the judge throwing them all out. But as you say, something is terribly amiss here.

I completely agree about Melendez' lack of working on the pics to get the best images he/they could, he didn't even seem to know what was on any of them. That was really disappointing, I expected much more (who knows why).

i had forgotten all about the PBS series "American Excrescence's" four-hour documentary exploration into the richness, the complexities and the controversies of the Mormons' story as told through interviews with members of the church, leading writers and historians, and supporters and critics of the Mormon faith. u can watch it in its entirety at http://www.pbs.org/mormons/ its a must see, very informative with excellent links

JA lies again. There was NO anal attack by Travis after her pathetic fake attempt to ingratiate herself further into TA's life by stealing even his religion. They both wore Jumpsuits that day. Lie upon lie upon lie. Damn her.

Re: post #130, MeeBee would you recall what C.M. answered when the juror asked that question? She probably just equivocated but I don't remember what she said when embarrassed by the juror.

In question 25, she says Travis called her from Chris and Skye's the day after they broke up - have C and S ever said why they broke up? I don't recall JA ever divulging that info.

BTW, I found this list this morning in a comment on Dr. K. Randle's article about the foreman.

Thanks, geevee. I read them all I believe but didn't find that reference. Questions about the post shower happenings were either answered or not depending on whether it benefited her version. So she probably said that the Ninja story was fabricated & therefore there were no foggy memories--or any memories. All made up. Or maybe she said she could recall screams and knife clanging but not much else. Who knows?

Re: post #130, MeeBee would you recall what C.M. answered when the juror asked that question? She probably just equivocated but I don't remember what she said when embarrassed by the juror.

I didn't remember the answer but I found it (whoo!) in geevee's link!

5) In the story of a man and woman attacking Travis, you mentioned “talking to him” and also mentioned Travis being on all fours, do you in fact recall him doing any of those things?

A: I do recall him screaming and yelling at me, um , so I don't know if that constitutes as talking, but he was saying words, the other things, I don't recall as far as being on all fours, I don't.

Thanks, geevee. I read them all I believe but didn't find that reference. Questions about the post shower happenings were either answered or not depending on whether it benefited her version. So she probably said that the Ninja story was fabricated & therefore there were no foggy memories--or any memories. All made up. Or maybe she said she could recall screams and knife clanging but not much else. Who knows?

I think there were jury follow up questions after the attnys asked questions, weren't there? Maybe I can find that list somewhere, let me check.

In reading her answers to jurors, she contradicts her own testimony, talking about how he reacted to being shot in detail in several, but she also claimed not to have known she shot him and thought the shot went into the wall.

This one caught my attention (#203):

"In testimony on March 5, 2013 you mentioned filling a third gas can, when and where did you get this can?"

I'll have to look at that testimony again, she says it was a hypothetical (after stalling and asking the judge to repeat it).

ETA: March 5th seems to be trial day Day 27 (one of the YTer's added that date to an upload).

Jodi Arias Trial : Day 27 : 1 Of 2 : End Of Defense Redirect (No Sidebars) - YouTube

Jodi Arias Trial : Day 27 : 2 Of 2 : End Of Defense Redirect (No Sidebars) - YouTube

In reading her answers to jurors, she contradicts her own testimony, talking about how he reacted to being shot in detail in several, but she also claimed not to have known she shot him and thought the shot went into the wall.

One thing I noticed reading through this is she keeps adding on to how many times she saw the gun on June 4th and changing it and changing how she found it when she got it on June 4th and how Travis never kept it loaded to maybe Travis wanted to load it once but assured me it was never loaded to I saw him load it once. This girl is dizzy. It's fascinating to read the ease with which she formulates a lie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back