Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think they said the phone pinged last on cannery lane correct? And isn't that essentially the area where his trailer is, cannery lane? 10500 block of 29?
That is right opposite across the road of where his trailer was located. It most likely was found around that area (on either side of the road), but the phone really could have been found anywhere if it had been damaged and unable to ping.

Makes you wonder about those other phones found, doesn't it?

ETA: It's Cannery Loop if anyone wants to look it up on a map.

Good find Deba! I know we have all probably read that article 100 times! Sometimes it just takes another WSer to point something so obvious out to us! :)

I agree, great find on the texting. I feel like I had read parts of that story but not all of it so thank you!! So he did text a year ago!

Additional information concerning Alexis' phone and the full FBI press release at link:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23325250/alexis-murphys-cell-phone-found
From the above link, BBM: "In order to protect the integrity of the investigation and ensure that Mr. Randy Allen Taylor gets a fair trial in Nelson County, Virginia, absolutely no further information will be released about this investigation."

My impression from this is that they have him cold now.

that wasnt said. It was found in a gully on Rt 29. I feel like sometimes we are stretching things, like playing the telephone game as kids.

I completely agree and I think that is why I'm going to withdraw myself from the thread for the next few weeks. LE confirmed they would provide absolutely no more information on anything...which leaves the door open to too much speculation and rumors for me. I'll be back though sometime around the 24th or before if something big comes about. :mickey:

I just wonder if he is really dumb enough to throw her cell phone any where near his property. Especially when you have ample time to get rid of it any where other than there. It just seems too easy to me.

But, if there WAS another guy could it have been him making it look as if RAT is guilty?

Could have been someone else to make him look guilty... OR... could have been Alexis when she realized she was in trouble!

Do we know exactly where the searches were that 'found it' day? Rt 29 is a long road so it may or may not be near his house. Anyone local see them searching in the gully/ditches?

I feel like the FBI stating they are not going to make anymore comments is telling. jmo I think at this point they have started to get some test results back. It will be interesting in the coming weeks and months to see if rat's charges are upgraded and/or added to.

I wouldn't toss my phone if I was being adducted...would keep it as long as possible. JMO

Do we know exactly where the searches were that 'found it' day? Rt 29 is a long road so it may or may not be near his house. Anyone local see them searching in the gully/ditches?
There's a link last page that says the searches were "around" his house, and focused on a gully about 10 feet from the road. If you look on a Google Earth, there is a gully just north of the house location, still on the same property. If I add "searches around the house", "taped off gully" and " We found it", I get that something was found in the gully near the house. If I then add in the reports that several phones were found during that day's search, I get that it was most likely a phone found in the gully near the house. If I add in that Alexis' phone has been confirmed as found, and that LE is not releasing anything else, I get that it was Alexis' phone found in that gully near the house.

My addition is my opinion only. Anyone else's addition miles may vary.

I was wrong earlier when I said LE hasn't told us anything about the car. I'm still in thread 1 and looking for stuff. Just bringing forward some things newcomers might not know, and to refresh out memories.

Investigators say they found several items of interest inside the car Tuesday night. After that preliminary search, officials sealed the car and towed it away so they can conduct a more thorough search.
http://www.wset.com/story/23073596/...ton-on-fourth-day-of-search-for-alexis-murphy

“In order to protect the integrity of the investigation and ensure that Mr. Randy Allen Taylor gets a fair trial in Nelson County, Virginia, absolutely no further information will be released about this investigation,” the FBI statement continued."

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/03/alexis-murphy-phone-update/

I'm so glad they found the phone..and hopefully his fingerprints on it. What i hate is that they said no further information will be released...I'm afraid it could be awhile before we hear anything else......
Yes! Her phone was found.
Now why is the FBI giving updates and why are they still involved?
I'm praying Alexis is found and also praying other possibly related cases are solved!
I just know Alexis's phone will render clues.

I feel like the FBI stating they are not going to make anymore comments is telling. jmo I think at this point they have started to get some test results back. It will be interesting in the coming weeks and months to see if rat's charges are upgraded and/or added to.

:woot: yes, I concur.

I think RAT
made her toss it. Imo

Why would he want it tossed near his stomping grounds? Makes no sense. If anything I think he threw it out later, thinking no one would be searching. JMO

Why would he want it tossed near his stomping grounds? Makes no sense. If anything I think he threw it out later, thinking no one would be searching. JMO

Why would he toss it near his stomping ground? I haven't a clue.
But Imo there is no way she just up and threw her phone away. Imoo

He knows that gully like the back of his hand. He's never seen a single person there... not even Virginia DOT people trimming the trees there. It's a safer place to throw it (like he has in the past??).. although off a bridge into the river would have been better but he probably thought LE will look somewhere like that.
The other question that bugs me is: Was there really more than one cell phone found in that one area? What are the odds of that??? I mean, people do not toss their cell phones out a window like that when they upgrade, do they? Of course not! My guess is this might be his normal dumping ground for (other) victims.... but that is ONLY if LE found multiple phones at that one site.

Just my 2 cents worth

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9734229&postcount=584"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1[/ame]

http://www.wset.com/story/23084374/i...-alexis-murphy
Nelson Co., VA - Investigators are releasing a little bit of new information in the search for missing Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

The search for the 17-year-old is now in its fourth full day, and Thursday, investigators say they are focusing their search on the Route 29 corridor.

Here's what we learned overnight in the Alexis Murphy case:

1. Investigators are pulling every surveillance camera along the Rt. 29 corridor trying to find anything that may tell them where Alexis Murphy was and when she was there.

2. Her cell phone still is not active.

3. Investigators have narrowed down a specific time frame for when her car was left at the Carmike Cinemas, however they are not releasing that time to the media.

4. If the search continues much longer officials say they will likely begin to expand their search outside the state.

5. They have already received tips from other states, but none of those have panned out to be anything.

6. For now, investigators are still acting under the assumption that Alexis is in Virginia.

7. Investigators acknowledge they are not releasing a lot of information to the public, but they are asking everyone bare with them and they say they are making progress and the case is moving in leaps in bounds everyday.

BBM! I missed this earlier!!

That is what I was going to say, I think people are speculating upon the "I found it" comment as to when they found the cell phone, but without explaining due to the fact that they don't know it to be fact. I won't speculate because I can't remember where they were at the time of that comment being made. I don't think it's a bad thing to speculate, but I feel when doing so it needs to be mentioned that it's pure speculation and they should add what they know and why they feel said speculation could have happened, that way noone thinks it to be a fact and gets confused. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard