LA LA - Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, 32, Lafayette, 8 February 2013

Do we know if Crystal had any tattoos on her legs?

just got through reading the thread an comments on the links provided......wow!.
nevertheless at a fleeting glance it appears crystal left on her own accord.
there was some talk about her hooking up with an old flame maybe that angle should be looked into as well.

CajunGirl78,
Is there any reason as to why Crystal's missing banner is hanging on the train overpass on University near Cameron as opposed to any other place in town with lots of traffic? I also see more of her missing fliers in that area. Is the thought that she may be in that area so it's being targeted?

http://theadvocate.com/home/7147688-125/family-asks-husband-for-help
Family asks husband for help in finding missing Breaux Bridge woman
LAFAYETTE — Family and friends of a mother of four missing since February are trying something new in their hunt for Crystal Dupuis Grebinger: appealing to her estranged husband to help search for the 32-year-old.
So far there’s been no word from Sean Grebinger, who had a tumultuous years-long marriage to Crystal Grebinger and was the father of her four children.

“We haven’t heard a word, not from him,” Savoy said.
It must fall humbly on this poor family to reach out to Mr. Husband...where-abouts unknown, likewise, mind you...in desperation for any clue...anything to find Crystal.

CajunGirl78,
Is there any reason as to why Crystal's missing banner is hanging on the train overpass on University near Cameron as opposed to any other place in town with lots of traffic? I also see more of her missing fliers in that area. Is the thought that she may be in that area so it's being targeted?

Interesting observation. The 4 Corners area has a well-reputation.

So he has been missing as well? Where are the kids? It appears that he has had a bench warrant since before she went missing. Is this a murder/suicide?

jmo

I saw his cousin comment somewhere that he has been in contact, just not available or something to that nature. I have no idea where I saw it to give a link, so if this needs to be erased, its ok. He hasn't been missing from the beginning, as he was commenting on news stories himself. It was linked back in this thread, so you can find it. I am thinking he just got out of sight and shut his mouth because he is so informally "suspected".

What conflicting scenarios.

On one hand, you'd want to protect information about Crystal's location, if she is indeed fearful for her life. Women go to great measures to hide from their abusers, IF they ever manage to get away.

On the other hand, if Crystal Did meet with foul play, you'd want to pull out all the reinforcements and push all the publicity you could in order to find her.

At this point, I think LE should continue investigating with urgency in order to simply confirm she is alive! All details of abuse, custody issues, prosecutions, judgement, etc. should be set aside until she is confirmed to be living.

That said, I believe Crystal. I believe she was fearful for her life -- so fearful, she resorted to living in secrecy at a women's shelter.

Do I think her ex-husband is responsible for her disappearance? I have no suspicions on that, no inclinations as of yet to believe that's what's happened, especially with the lack of information coming from LE. What I DO have an opinion about is the fact of Crystal's fear. I believe it was real, and I believe there were real reasons why she was afraid.

Peacefully sharing my ever-developing opinion.

(Edited for spelling error.)

What conflicting scenarios.

On one hand, you'd want to protect information about Crystal's location, if she is indeed fearful for her life. Women go to great measures to hide from their abusers, IF they ever manage to get away.

On the other hand, if Crystal Did meet with foul play, you'd want to pull out all the reinforcements and push all the publicity you could in order to find her.

At this point, I think LE should continue investigating with urgency in order to simply confirm she is alive! All details of abuse, custody issues, prosecutions, judgement, etc. should be set aside until she is confirmed to be living.

That said, I believe Crystal. I believe she was fearful for her life -- so fearful, she resorted to living in secrecy at a women's shelter.

Do I think her ex-husband is responsible for her disappearance? I have no suspicions on that, no inclinations as of yet to believe that's what's happened, especially with the lack of information coming from LE. What I DO have an opinion about is the fact of Crystal's fear. I believe it was real, and I believe there were real reasons why she was afraid.

Peacefully sharing my ever-developing opinion.

(Edited for spelling error.)

Great thought-provoking post.
I, too, feel Crystal lived in an abusive, fearful existence. I'd also feel her 'missingness' was the result of it...were it not for her four children. How does a woman escape an abuser, out of fear, terror...go into hiding, and leave her dear children behind, with the abuser/husband/father in the care/charge/custody of the little ones in the mix?

A wonderful article...Sep. 19, 2013
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...times-get-little-protection-from-court-orders
Domestic abuse victims sometimes get little protection from court orders
Crystal Dupuis Grebinger

Crystal Dupuis Grebinger was familiar with protective orders.

Over the course of her 16-year marriage to Sean Grebinger, she had filed for multiple protective orders against her husband, and on at least one occasion, he had filed for an order against her.
Earlier this year, on Jan. 14, she filed for divorce.

But on Feb. 8, Crystal Grebinger left Faith House of her own accord, and police say she was last seen the next day. She remains the subject of an active missing persons investigation, but there are currently no active leads reported in the case, according to Cpl. Paul Mouton, spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department.
JMO...idk, but, something serious happened with Mr. Husband...or Crystal disappeared on her own volition.
I continue hoping and praying for the best.

O/T...the Skylar Credeur case is so tragic...hits very close to home, when you know alot of the players. Poor little girl. A brave little angel now.

CajunGirl78,

BBM
Well...I finally got to see it, in route to Moore Park today...the very first visual of a/any sign of Crystal's missingness here in this city I've witnessed. It's still there... curled and *advertiser censored*-eyed with the wind today...but I saw Crystal's picture and read her name...then wondered how often it is passed with no second glance.

BBM
Well...I finally got to see it, in route to Moore Park today...the very first visual of a/any sign of Crystal's missingness here in this city I've witnessed. It's still there... curled and *advertiser censored*-eyed with the wind today...but I saw Crystal's picture and read her name...then wondered how often it is passed with no second glance.

I've seen some missing flyers in some businesses in that area and the Northside, such as the Racetrack on University near I10 (although it was way in the back by the bathrooms).

Saw a new missing flier for Crystal on the door at the Oil Center post office in Lafayette today.

Her family & friends are still looking for her and seem to be doing everything they can to find her.

Comsidering how (relatively) quickly Brittany Beals was spotted by local LE in Lafayette in the days after she was reported missing (http://www.katc.com/news/missing-woman-beals-found-in-lafayette/), I seem to think local LE is keeping an eye out for Crystal. If she's missing of her own accord, I really think she'd have been spotted by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back