GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I really care about right now is that they found human remains of a baby, I am sure they know where they found her :) This is just a really messed up case. How sad :(

Was wondering if anyone remembers when Caylee Anthony was found...how long did it take identify her remains?

I don't remember but they can get dna back in 24 hours if they put a rush on it. 2 days seems to be the norm though and they said resources are working through the weekend so hopefully by tomorrow night

They knew that the child was badly injured, but it never occurred to them that she may be deceased?

So were they expecting to find Elaina alive in the river?
Such a poor excuse!

I haven't posted before but I've followed Elaina's case since the beginning hoping she would be found alive. IIRC didn't AS and SK leave the house late night on June 1 to go to the store or something? I've wondered if they took Elaina out of the house then.
Sending prayers to Elaina's paternal family.

They knew that the child was badly injured, but it never occurred to them that she may be deceased?

So were they expecting to find Elaina alive in the river?
Such a poor excuse!

Well I don't want to get too down on LE. They have 2 people in jail on ' obstruction of justice' because they knew early on that those 2 were deliberately throwing LE off the right track. They continually came up with new and farther fetched stories to keep LE from finding the baby. You can only look with information provided and when that information is untrue and constantly changing, this is what happens. If I thought Elaina was alive all or part of this time, it would be much more frustrating but the fact is she passed away :( on that sat night/ sun morning and there is no amount of searching/ recovering/finding that would keep her alive. I'm hoping there are many more charges coming and soon and that they charge other people.
SK's mom said ' they can only get steven on tampering with a corpse' so she 's known from day one that the baby was dead. Did she tell LE from day one? Or has she also been a party to obstructing ? Ditto RS ? Ditto Sk's dad and cousins?

It never ceases to amaze me that simple facts can be sooo misstated. We know they mean "garage" but twice, they say remains found in the house. Can't get addresses straight, can't get type of building straight, can't get owner of property straight (Steven King is NOT the owner of the property) and on and on. Drives me nuts!!! JMO

Mr. Schiewe said he was with police on June 3 searching through the garage; the computer box where the skeletal remains were found was not there, he said after the Toledo Police Department's news conference today.

“That body was not in the rafters the day after Elaina came up missing,” Mr. Schiewe said. “I was in the garage with police … I searched the garage. All that was in that garage was junk bicycle parts, plumbing parts, electrical parts, and two turtles, and a bunch of musted-up boxes.

“That body was not in that garage.”

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/09/06/Toledo-police-believe-human-remains-may-be-missing-toddler.html

Taylor Dungjen ‏@taylordungjen 4m
Schiewe: I am the one who found the diaper. No one has told him about DNA in diaper, he says.

WTF is he talking about?

Early on, he and AS went "searching" for Elaina, and "found" a dirty diaper by the river to which they "alerted" LE.

Ok I've missed something. What and why and how and who knew the child was injured, how did it happen and when? I've totally missed that. Thanks..

Chris Delcamp ‏@Chris_Delcamp 10m Family says Steven King told authorities exactly where to find Elaina. @wnwotv

Never in a million years would I have thought they'd miss finding Elaina right there. I find this very depressing.

Mr. Schiewe said he was with police on June 3 searching through the garage; the computer box where the skeletal remains were found was not there, he said after the Toledo Police Department's news conference today.

“That body was not in the rafters the day after Elaina came up missing,” Mr. Schiewe said. “I was in the garage with police … I searched the garage. All that was in that garage was junk bicycle parts, plumbing parts, electrical parts, and two turtles, and a bunch of musted-up boxes.

“That body was not in that garage.”

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/09/06/Toledo-police-believe-human-remains-may-be-missing-toddler.html

Really? They allowed Mr. Shiewe to help LE search that garage? WOW is all I can say to that.

Ok I've missed something. What and why and how and who knew the child was injured, how did it happen and when? I've totally missed that. Thanks..

I don't understand about who knew about the child was badly injured??

Chris Delcamp ‏@Chris_Delcamp 10m Family says Steven King told authorities exactly where to find Elaina. @wnwotv

How many years would it have taken to find Elaina otherwise?

Really? They allowed Mr. Shiewe to help LE search that garage? WOW is all I can say to that.

Conditions don't sound very unsafe according to Shiewe either...at least not so unsafe that the cadaver dogs could not go in between the bike parts and turtles. All so fascinating what he is saying right now.

I was hoping to come back today and find that this was all a mistake or that it was some other unknown child cruelly discarded in that old box but I guess I have to let go of those hopes now. I still don't understand this. I don't understand AS killing her child and I don't understand all the people that have clearly lied and covered for her since. How could they watch the family and the community grieve yet remain silent? Why? There is so much missing here and I fear we will never have all the answers because the lying and scrambling to protect is likely to get even worse now.

I think I'm done here now. This case will forever haunt me. I will think of sweet Elaina every time that I look at my nieces and remember a little girl that gave me the courage to be strong for them. Be at peace baby girl, you deserved so much better but you left behind a legacy of love and courage that is beyond measure.

Taylor Dungjen
‏@taylordungjen 4m Here's a picture of Richard Schiewe's new tattoo. He had the portrait of Elaina done Wednesday: pic.twitter.com/YCslEGkMcr

BTfVIavCYAAXa0J.jpg

Yeah. From the beginning he said AS made a mistake, claimed she was being threatened, tried to hurt TJ's family at every opportunity. My guess is he's finally figured out that if he wants CFS (CPS/?), let alone TJ, to allow him to see KS again, he'd better make a bold move to show how much he cares.

I'm sure other posters are right, and that he genuinely loved Elaina and may love KS. Right now, this just seems like an empty gesture to grab camera time and sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow