GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aired June 21,2013 -

"GRACE: OK. So as you are following your intuition or whatever visions you may have, you have a trained K9, a certified -- your a certified K9 handler -- with you. Tell me, did the cadaver dog hit anywhere?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: When you say hit, see, there`s a fine line there. Indicating would be saying for sure, you know, that the dog has come across scent...

GRACE: Did it show interest?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Both dogs showed interest.

GRACE: Did you say both dogs?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Both dogs.

GRACE: You have two. I thought you only had one.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I actually have three. I have one that`s trained in live air scent and two that are trained in cadaver.

GRACE: OK. This makes that even stronger. Now, as you all know, a cadaver dog`s only going to hit on a dead human or dead human tissue. They could hit on blood. This is not...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Any fluid.

GRACE: This does not mean it`s a dead body. So Gale, where was it that the dog showed interest?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Well, all I can say is I did have -- I did get permission to do a perimeter search of the home. And that was after the first dog, Simon, went up and down the alley, which I had no clue which house was which. They wanted me to check the alley for different things that had been thrown out there -- no interest whatsoever, even came across a dead squirrel, all this stuff, just kept going.

GRACE: Where did it show interest? That`s my question.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Wow. It`s really hard to disclose that information, but it was in the center of the yard.

GRACE: It was where?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: In the rear of the yard.

GRACE: In the rear of the yard, back out where that aboveground pool is?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Further, towards the alley.

GRACE: Has someone asked you not to reveal it?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You know, it`s a difficult situation because I walk the line between psychic, but I`m also on a task force team working with police. So I...

GRACE: Did somebody ask you not to reveal the location, Ms. St. John?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They haven`t asked me not to reveal it...

GRACE: OK.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... but I`m doing it out of respect for Toledo police."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/21/ng.01.html

Correct. That's the dog I'm talking about. She was with us. (I'm President of Justice for Nevaeh). I'm not casting stones, but this was VERY disappointing.
I saw the police interview today where the cops were questioned about this and said that it wasn't true. That nobody else had a cadaver dog out there. However, I clearly remember watching Nancy Grace the night she interviewed you (or somebody from justice for navaeh). I'm not so sure I have much faith in the LE who were involved with the handling of this case.

A couple of weeks ago this case was an active missing persons case and then all of a sudden it went to a homicide case after SK's last court hearing...TJ learnt this in the court room.....

I think this one will have to go in the "agree to disagree" pile. I understand that different LE agencies have greater or lesser resources available, but surely they could have garnered the resources and equipment to safely empty out one garage. I'm not even sure what kind of danger we mean--how hard could it be, for example, to stabilize a roof? If it was a matter of contamination, get some biohazard suits in there. Obviously they had no problems getting that box out of the rafters once they decided to.

But I'll shut up now. :)

A couple of weeks ago this case was an active missing persons case and then all of a sudden it went to a homicide case after SK's last court hearing...TJ learnt this in the court room.....
Just another example of poor police work. How horrible for TJ...and the way he found out about the search of the garage/finding of body completely disgusts me. How insensitive can LE be? TJ should have been kept up-to-date by LE, not left in the dark to hear it through the grapevine.

Taylor Dungjen ‏@taylordungjen 1m
Weis: box found in far corner up in rafters of garage on a shelf. Won't describe box.

Taylor Dungjen ‏@taylordungjen now
Diggs: we did not drop the ball.

Somewhere in there I thought I heard it was a stereo box.
And it also sounded to me like there was so much junk in the garage they didn't bother searching it. I hope I'm wrong about that. The more crimes I read about, the more disappointed I am in the way LE conducts investigations. But the smell--she had to have been somewhere else for a while.

No - Toledo Police laughed off Gail! She is a fraud. She goes around to crimes and preys on the innocent families! Her dogs always "hit" but she never gives clear, concise information. She keeps it vague, so WHEN and IF a body is ever found, she can do the
"I told you so thing". She did it in the Anthony case and has done it in others. JMO

I think this one will have to go in the "agree to disagree" pile. I understand that different LE agencies have greater or lesser resources available, but surely they could have garnered the resources and equipment to safely empty out one garage. I'm not even sure what kind of danger we mean--how hard could it be, for example, to stabilize a roof? If it was a matter of contamination, get some biohazard suits in there. Obviously they had no problems getting that box out of the rafters once they decided to.

But I'll shut up now. :)

We can agree to disagree!!! Meanwhile I don't disagree with you that they should have torn that place down looking for anything and everything. Breaks my heart that she was there within her daddy's reach the whole time. I guess my view is just coming from disecting the information we have now....hindisght is a wonderful thing...:cheers:

Somewhere in there I thought I heard it was a stereo box.
And it also sounded to me like there was so much junk in the garage they didn't bother searching it. I hope I'm wrong about that. The more crimes I read about, the more disappointed I am in the way LE conducts investigations. But the smell--she had to have been somewhere else for a while.

I read it was a computer box. I think that was reported in MSM last night? If it was a desktop computer (or a desktop computer *case*, which can be sold separately), the box could be quite large.

There are FB comments regarding the smell issue, but it's strictly rumor and I think I'd be on thin ice repeating them.

No - Toledo Police laughed off Gail! She is a fraud. She goes around to crimes and preys on the innocent families! Her dogs always "hit" but she never gives clear, concise information. She keeps it vague, so WHEN and IF a body is ever found, she can do the
"I told you so thing". She did it in the Anthony case and has done it in others. JMO
Oh, I apologize. I caught the tail end of the interview. Thank you for clearing that up.

FYI - LE can't just go back to someone's property on a "tip", especially the potential crime scene. Search warrants aren't just given out every time somebody calls something in, it takes evidence. Just because a search warrant was provided in the beginning, doesn't give LE carte blanche to go back there over and over again. I'm sure the King's would not have allowed LE on the property without a search warrant. At least this search warrant won't get tossed and it looks like there will be justice for Elaina and her family. I hope so!! Hopefully, there are a few more arrests as well. There is no way, IMO, that only SK and AS were involved.

Also, the tattoo on RS is HIDEOUS! Please don't post it again, it makes me want to :puke: It doesn't surprise me that he got it on Wednesday. That is the same day he was crying his eyes out on camera, and was much more dramatic about his daughter not killing "that baby". Gawd...I hate it when he says that, her name was ELAINA!!!!!

ETA: This "tip", dog "hit" was from a known person, who claims to be psychic, who goes from crime scene to crime scene and invents information, inserting herself into cases.

I'm not angry with the LE. Ultimately the result would have been the same. I'm angry with the people that knew this all along and let everyone bust their @$$** trying to find this little one.

Just catching up here from earlier. So I read SK is the one who told LE where Elaina was, so I am guessing that he is not revealing what happened? Part of a deal? If he did not harm Elaina, I would think he would have disclosed how she was harmed. Or maybe LE knows and is trying to use info to get confession from AS.

This has been such a sad 2 days.

Maybe this post will post! <g>

If LE had a viable tip, it could have requested a new / amended Search Warrant based upon it specifically, and then used that evidence had it been discovered/confirmed during the search.

As for that tat, I found the image most disturbing and the open shirt reveal as well, certainly not the best portrait of the lovely darling Elaina nor her alleged supporters.

~jmo~

Just catching up here from earlier. So I read SK is the one who told LE where Elaina was, so I am guessing that he is not revealing what happened? Part of a deal? If he did not harm Elaina, I would think he would have disclosed how she was harmed. Or maybe LE knows and is trying to use info to get confession from AS.

This has been such a sad 2 days.

If SK knows what happened, he told LE. They wouldn't cut a deal without knowing all the details. If he lied at any point, the deal will be off the table. IMO - he told them everything, including how she died, if he knows.

I have NO words for the useless egg donor. Except, I hope she rots in prison!

IMO - they all know what happened. That has been my feeling since the very beginning.

Elaina deserved so much better! Why these "parents" would rather kill than give the baby to the other parent/grandparents, is beyond me! Makes zero sense. Go do your darn drugs and let the babies be with someone who gives a damn! It's just sickening.

I am so very sorry for the Father and for his parents and his family who loved that child,As a grandmother my heart breaks for them and for baby Elaina. I have not been commenting but have read about Elaina from day 1. I hope the "egg donor " and her boyfriend both get charged with murder and anyone else who lives in that house of horrors also should be charged because they had to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.