General Discussion and Theories #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What family does DM really have to come visit him? No father, siblings...just MB? Does she turn up there every week? She hasn't been at the court proceedings (newspapers are reporting DM straining, looking for people who aren't there) If mom was a regular visitor you'd expect that she'd show up at a regular time (e.g., after work Tuesdays) and DM could have given "Dee" more info...

I think he is trying to sound more in demand than he really is.

I'm thinking mom has packed up and heading somewhere far, far, away. I bet if there is anything legal to be taken care of by her, it can all be done through the fabulous www. Even couriers if necessary. Personally my heart breaks for her. We all have great hopes in our children and I am positive she is devastated by this case and what her son has gotten himself into. I hope she is using some of the profit from the sales of DM's properties to go somewhere where she can be supported and comforted. I won't be at all surprised to see her house on the market one day soon. Nor to find out she never visits her son behind bars. JMO though.

He says he want to write her, have her support and have a proper conversation but for that to happen, but first she has to show up some Tuesday at one of two times and hope DM's "family" hasn't booked a visit for that time. And he tells her she's Dee, he's Big D. (And, lols, he tells her she is a "highjack"-er too.)

He's just framed things in a dominant way.

Or, if it is him that wrote it, he is pointing out this person is using his name (much like one of the alternative theories) and us untrusting of them therefore requesting a meeting.

In any event I would say all who hope DM is guilty should hope he didnt write that letter because to me it does not read like the letter of an evil mastermind or even close to it. If that is DM who wrote it, LE has a lot of figuring out to do.

Or, if it is him that wrote it, he is pointing out this person is using his name (much like one of the alternative theories) and us untrusting of them therefore requesting a meeting.

In any event I would say all who hope DM is guilty should hope he didnt write that letter because to me it does not read like the letter of an evil mastermind or even close to it. If that is DM who wrote it, LE has a lot of figuring out to do.

I don't know whether the letter is real or not, but seriously - you didn't expect it to be a confession or overtly sinister?
I personally don't think DM is an evil mastermind. At times evil, quite probably. Mastermind, no.
I don't think the letter is terrible meaningful one way or another, but maybe there are some subtle clues there that do show some dominance and lack of humility. If DM did write the letter then LE might have less figuring out to do than you think - he comes across as even closer to just average intelligence than I thought previously. All IMO.

So you admit that defence lawyers can exhibit bad behaviour? ;)

JK ... really !!

Of course.... just as cops and politicians can and do.....

But once they get that 'break' to work for the crown.....:shakehead: now that's another story..... but you probably know that already ;)

Officers of the court all !!!!! with a 'duty' to that court..... so who is calling the shots??

:snake:

I don't know whether the letter is real or not, but seriously - you didn't expect it to be a confession or overtly sinister?
I personally don't think DM is an evil mastermind. At times evil, quite probably. Mastermind, no.
I don't think the letter is terrible meaningful one way or another, but maybe there are some subtle clues there that do show some dominance and lack of humility. If DM did write the letter then LE might have less figuring out to do than you think - he comes across as even closer to just average intelligence than I thought previously. All IMO.

IF DM wrote that letter... it should be noted that he would be aware that ALL communications are vetted on the way out and on the way in. I wonder how we all would write our letters knowing that it would be read by one or several even before it left the building !!!!!!!

I think I would keep letters as basic as possible so that no innuendo can be made from them..... I personally doubt he wrote it.... but if he did its a benign looking document to me JMO

(Saying we "hope" DM is guilty makes it sound like we have something personal against the guy, or arbitrarily want someone to go to jail just because. It would be more accurate to say we believe the evidence so far and that LE has the right person. It's not personal.)

Well many prosecutors are ex defense lawyers as you obviously know...

At least when they are still a defense lawyer they have yet to have any bad behaviour sanctioned by the Crown..... :giggle:

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you suggesting that prosecutors demonstrate bad behavior in their profession, at the hands of the Crown, as that is the expectation of the job?

What family does DM really have to come visit him? No father, siblings...just MB? Does she turn up there every week? She hasn't been at the court proceedings (newspapers are reporting DM straining, looking for people who aren't there) If mom was a regular visitor you'd expect that she'd show up at a regular time (e.g., after work Tuesdays) and DM could have given "Dee" more info...

I think he is trying to sound more in demand than he really is.

He has cousins and aunts and uncles I believe.... and family appears to be close..... not sure how this is not understood JMO

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Are you suggesting that prosecutors demonstrate bad behavior in their profession, at the hands of the Crown, as that is the expectation of the job?

It is what it is.... and no not 'at the hands of the crown' that is not what my post says at all..... sanctioned means :

sanc·tion (sngkshn)
n.
1. Authoritative permission or approval that makes a course of action valid. See Synonyms at permission.
2. Support or encouragement, as from public opinion or established custom.
3. A consideration, influence, or principle that dictates an ethical choice.
a. A law or decree.
b. The penalty for noncompliance specified in a law or decree.
5. A penalty, specified or in the form of moral pressure, that acts to ensure compliance or conformity.
6. A coercive measure adopted usually by several nations acting together against a nation violating international law.
tr.v. sanc·tioned, sanc·tion·ing, sanc·tions

In other words..... working hand in glove so to speak.... you have to form your own conclusions jmo

I think juries are essential because of this..... JMO and MOO

(Saying we "hope" DM is guilty makes it sound like we have something personal against the guy, or arbitrarily want someone to go to jail just because. It would be more accurate to say we believe the evidence so far and that LE has the right person. It's not personal.)

Not all evidence has come to light... I think thats why people feel someone should be presumed innocent as is their right. Believing half of a story and forming a judgement on that is rather shortsighted imo.... whereas those who choose to retain the presumption of innocence stance...are open to all that comes along in the way of evidence and take it all into consideration.

Unless people know or personally know of someone how in their right mind can they have something personal against the guy ? So no I dont believe its personal.... all have a right to an opinion....

On another note.....

IMO 'society' has become very judgmental and imo base their notions on the constant barrage of conditioning that comes their way.... I am never surprised by it...... although sometimes disappointed... Thats not saying that my view applies to anyone here...just my view in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member