Support for Michelle Knight

Michelle, please just be as happy as you can be right now and be where you are going to feel comfortable. Be your own person and make decisions that are in your own best interests. Lots of warm thoughts headed your way as you progress on the road to recovery.

eleph

I would also like to share a facebook support page I have created:

Prayers and Support for Michelle Knight

You can go into the admin panel to set your page URL- click where it says basic information; Username: Create a username for this page? Learn more.

Your not allowed spaces or symbols. Whatever user name you pick will be the new URL. I usually try to keep them short & would consider doing something like MichelleKnightSupport which would make the URL
facebook.com/MichelleKnightSupport

It also allows others to "shout" or hotlink your page by typing @MichelleKnightSupport

If the other girls have FB pages; you can log in as the page & post on those pages so that others know there is a page for Michelle. You're not able to use the page profile to post on groups.

If you have any questions; feel free to contact me.

Cleveland kidnapping mystery: Where is Michelle Knight? ( link )

From the first moments after the three women were freed from a house where, police allege, they were taken as prisoners and then abused and raped for 10 years, Knight has been the "other" captive. First, she was the woman for whom no photo was available. Then, she was the woman who didn't leave the hospital. And finally, she was the woman who didn't have a homecoming.

Now, the question of where Michelle Knight is seems inextricably wrapped in the question of who she is – and police documents and media reports offer a glimpse of a woman whose past appeared troubled even before her kidnapping, and whose decade in slavery might have been appalling even beyond the measure of her fellow captives.

[...]

According to CNN, Knight refused hospital visits from family members, including attempts by her mother, Barbara, to see her. (A Slate report disagrees, suggesting that the mother was admitted once on Wednesday.)

[...]

The family learned of Knight's release from the hospital through the media. A lawyer hired by the family says the hospital "stonewalled" the mother's attempts to meet with Michelle.

MetroHealth Hospital confirmed that Knight left Friday, but would not say where she went, according to the ABC report. "Michelle Knight has been discharged from MetroHealth," the hospital said in a statement. "She is asking for her privacy at this time."

Hmmm... this article mentions that she was raped by a classmate in high school, and became pregnant with her son, resulting in her dropping out of school. Amazingly, the charges against her assailant were dropped. Her mother's boyfriend was also physically abusive. It was his abuse that allegedly led to the removal of her son from their home. To top it off, she received the maximum abuse from Castro, including but not limited to the rapes but the abortion inducing beatings as well, which, outside of causing her to lose her babies, left her with the need for reconstructive surgery. The hispanic community appears to be calling her "The Captive Forgotten."

All things considered, and in light of what is being reported, I'm unsurprised that she refused visits from her family. Who, for all practical purposes abandoned her long before her kidnapping.

My hope for this courageous young woman's future is safety, happiness, hope, and peace.

Hmmm... this article mentions that she was raped by a classmate in high school, and became pregnant with her son, resulting in her dropping out of school. Amazingly, the charges against her assailant were dropped. Her mother's boyfriend was also physically abusive. It was his abuse that allegedly led to the removal of her son from their home. To top it off, she received the maximum abuse from Castro, including but not limited to the rapes but the abortion inducing beatings as well, which, outside of causing her to lose her babies, left her with the need for reconstructive surgery. The hispanic community appears to be calling her "The Captive Forgotten."

All things considered, and in light of what is being reported, I'm unsurprised that she refused visits from her family. Who, for all practical purposes abandoned her long before her kidnapping.

My hope for this courageous young woman's future is safety, happiness, hope, and peace.
yes, this seems to be the case, but I'm just not ready to write off Michelle's family just yet. I so hope there's something there to salvage. It seems that Castro was a master manipulator and IMO, him beating Michelle into abortion, but then forcing her to help deliver Amanda's child, might have been him trying to pit the women against each other. Cruel beyond words. Also, there have been reports that they all watched news coverage of their cases, and IMO, Castro might have used this for more manipulation against Michelle...taunting her with, your mother doesn't love you, she moved to another state, your family doesn't want you, and on and on. Years of hearing this, could seriously mess with someone's mind. If her mother does care, (and I sincerely hope she does), she has a long road ahead of her, but I hope she apologizes for moving away and promises to never give up on her daughter again.

All the girls in this case went through hell, My heart goes out to all of them. But for some reason my heartaches for poor Michelle. I hope she finds some peace now she is free, wherever that is with her family or not.

Cleveland kidnap victims reveal themselves: Girls who were held captive for a decade film heartwarming video to thank supporters

The three-and-a-half-minute video was released on Monday by Hennes Paynter Communications, the public relations firm hired by the three girls and their families
Women asked for their privacy and thanked Cleveland for the support they have received
Amanda Berry said she continues to recover from the trauma of captivity
The parents of Gina DeJesus spoke for her and urged the families of missing loved ones not to give up hope
Michelle Knight sounded a defiant tone and vowed that she would not let her kidnapping and torture define her

Michelle Knight: - Thank you everyone for your love support and donations, which helped me build a brand new life. I want everyone to know I'm doing just fine.

I may have been through hell and back, but I am strong enough to walk through hell with a smile on my face and with my head held high and with my feet firmly on the ground.

Walking hand-in-hand with my best friends, I will not let the situation define who I am. I will define the situation. I don't want to be consumed by hatred. With that being said, we need to take a leap of faith and know that God is in control.

We have been hurt by people, but we need to rely on god as being the judge. God has a plan for all of us. The plan that he gave me is for me to help others that have been in the same situations I have been in - to know that there is someone out ther to lean on and to talk to.

I am in control of my own destiny with the guidance of God.

I have no problem expressing how I feel inside. Be positive. Learn that it is more important to give than to receive. Thank you for all your prayers. I'm looking forward to my brand new life.

Attachments

• article-2358645-1AB9B0C5000005DC-579_470x550.jpg
    article-2358645-1AB9B0C5000005DC-579_470x550.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 60
I just fell in love with her,watching that video. So much hope and faith and optimism. A miracle. I wish all good things for her, and for the other girls as well.

I just fell in love with her,watching that video. So much hope and faith and optimism. A miracle. I wish all good things for her, and for the other girls as well.

I did too! I hope she has someone to talk to and that she knows how much even strangers care about her.

Does anyone know where she's living now?

Also, did she have a documented disability before her disappearance? Or is her speech a result of trauma from her captivity?

Either way, she just seems like a wonderful person. Anyone that can have the life she's had and remain so upbeat and hopeful is nothing short of a miracle.

Does anyone know where she's living now?

Also, did she have a documented disability before her disappearance? Or is her speech a result of trauma from her captivity?

Either way, she just seems like a wonderful person. Anyone that can have the life she's had and remain so upbeat and hopeful is nothing short of a miracle.

There was an article in People magazine recently (last week?) that said she was living on her own now.

I think she was a special needs student when she was in high school and she had some sort of unspecified disability, I'm not certain though, someone else might know more about that.
A lot of sources I read did say that she was beaten the worst of the three girls. (Although the stories about her needing facial reconstructive surgery were false I think)
Hard to say whether any of that affected her speech or cognitive abilities.

I wonder if her halting speech might just have been a mix of minor reading difficulty and a fair bit of nervousness knowing the video was going to be seen by millions.

I totally agree that she seems like a really upbeat type of girl. I read a twitter comment last weekend that she was seen in church and just went up and introduced herself.
I wonder if she's actually adjusted the best to freedom out of all three girls rather than the worst like some have suggested.

I just watched a clip of Michelle speaking in court today. Her strength and beauty take my breath away. I have so much admiration for Michelle. I think she will do wonderful things in her life.

Michelle was inspiring and brave for standing up in court against Ariel Castro! I can't look at the two people who have hurt me the most in my past, but here she is, standing up in court and letting her feelings known.

I wish her all the best. :)

Michelle helped demolish the house. CNN just reported it, don't have a link. She helped with the first claw. When she was done the reporter asked her how it felt and she said it felt great but then burst into tears...

On the local stations this morning, they said it was a relative of Gina DeJesus who wanted to hit the house first, then another relative. Michelle left before they even started demolition after she ditributed balloons, made a statement and read a poem. Bless her heart, she is amazing.

Cleveland Kidnap Victim Speaks, Ariel Castro's House Demolished (Video)

Knight explained to reporters that it was important for her to be a voice for victims because, “nobody was there for me when I was missing and I want the people out there to know, including the mothers, that they can have strength and they can have hope and their child will come back.”

The 32-year-old also released yellow balloons to represent the “millions of children who were never found and the ones who passed away and were never heard.”

BRAVO!

I am worried about Michelle, she seems to stuck in the past, she can't move forward. Seems like every week I see an article about her bringing up what happen.

I am worried about Michelle, she seems to stuck in the past, she can't move forward. Seems like every week I see an article about her bringing up what happen.

"The Past" ended for Michelle as an every day occurrence a mere 4 months ago. Since then, she has had to endure repeated requests for interviews and statements. She was rescued, there was a very public trial, the house she had been a captive in was demolished and then her captor and rapist killed himself. OF COURSE she's stuck in the past. She hasn't had enough time to begin to walk through healing in peace...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Do you have links? I just did a google search; no clue what I'm missing... I found a few.

I can't even imagine what any of the girls or Amanda's daughter are going through. It is going to take a long time for all of them to "move forward".. You can't just assume that because they were freed; house was torn down & AC killed himself that they can snap their fingers & everything will be ok.

"The Past" ended for Michelle as an every day occurrence a mere 4 months ago. Since then, she has had to endure repeated requests for interviews and statements. She was rescued, there was a very public trial, the house she had been a captive in was demolished and then her captor and rapist killed himself. OF COURSE she's stuck in the past. She hasn't had enough time to begin to walk through healing in peace...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back