CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I thought the "saved my soul" text had been sent closer to the time of the crash. If the timestamps are right the last time BL texted Sean was Wednesday afternoon

Now it makes sense why SD said it was day 3 on friday, if he hadn't heard from BL since Wed afternoon

Does anyone know what the message on the bottom says?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For some reason I thought the "saved my soul" text had been sent closer to the time of the crash. If the timestamps are right the last time BL texted Sean was Wednesday afternoon

Yes, for some reason I thought that exchange occurred JUST prior to the crash. Maybe I am confusing it because it was suggested it occurred prior to Bryce going missing (the first time).

In roommate's interview video ...

During roommates plea to BL at end of tape, note head shaking
discord/contradiction with what roommate was saying. JMO

Hello!

I'm new to this thread and to WebSleuths. I have been following everyone's posts here for days now but couldn't join in due to some difficulties registering. But I'm here now and although I might not have much beneficial to add, I have been following Bryce's case for a week now and it has been laying heavy on my heart, as I know it has everyone's. So I felt I had to join in and at least express my care and concern, if nothing else.

I did, however, stumble upon something while looking up an article about the burning body by Castaic Lake. I CAN'T say it has ANYTHING to do with the body that was discovered this past Wednesday. It may just be pure coincidence. But I DO think it is a VERY odd coincidence, if it is one. There seems to be way too many burning bodies turning up in that particular area.

First, a man's burning body in 2009 that was identified and linked to a gang related case. And then about a year later in Oct. 2010, another body, unidentified, is found burnt beyond recognition. WEIRD! So, what I am wondering is if perhaps the reason LE is being so hush-hush and taking forever to release any information is linked to these other bodies.

They know the first body was dumped there by a local gang, perhaps the second one was as well, I don't know. So is this body discovered on Wednesday also something to do with the gang and maybe the police are not wanting to say it isn't Bryce because they are quietly pursuing leads within the gang?

I may be way off but I just thought it would be really nice if this was the case and maybe they already know it isn't Bryce. It just seems too coincidental that two burning bodies were discovered by the lake years before Bryce, for this one to end up being Bryce.

I will post the links to the two stories I found so you can take a look and see the similarities. One thing that stood out to me is that one of them was even noticed at 5:39 am, which is close to the 6 am that this one on Wednesday was found. May have nothing to do with anything, but I am just wondering if perhaps the gang kills the victim at night and dumps the body in the early morning. Perhaps this lake is "their dumping grounds". I feel sorry for all the victims, honestly, it's terribly sad. But I am still holding out hope that this body is NOT Bryce and perhaps these other bizarre burning bodies are the reason the police can not confirm it is not Bryce yet.

Here are the links to the two stories:

http://www.signalscv.com/archives/18192

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/10/small-brush-fire-quickly-knocked-down.html

Hope that provides some food for thought and gives us all some hope that Bryce is still out there somewhere!

Another thing, and I am sure this has come up at some other time on this thread, but looking through Bryce's Facebook page, it is clear that he had some very close friendships back in IL. I saw one place where he indicates he is going back there for a visit. I hope that all measures have been taken to ensure that he is not hiding out with some of these friends back there.

Perhaps the reason it would cross my mind is that I full well remember how homesick I was when I first moved to the West Coast from NC. (Somedays, I still am homesick and this is two years later!) I don't think Bryce seems to be a heartless person AT ALL so I can not imagine him putting his family through all this just so he could sneak back to be with his friends in his hometown. But like some of you have mentioned, 19 yr olds don't always have the forethought to realize how much something like their disappearance would freak people out and make them worry sick. Or there could be other reasons for why he doesn't want anyone to know.

I don't know. It doesn't seem like a plausible theory but was just something that stood out to me - the close bond he seemed to share with friends back in IL and the fact that he was born there and lived there (it appears anyway??) till they moved to CA. Just a thought that I hope LE has looked into as well.

I was looking into your links. The gang related one seems to have a different MO so I decided not to look into that one. The person was wrapped in a rug but the other one sounds almost exactly like the same as this new body.

The locations are a bit different - that one was found north of Castaic lake near the Golden State Freeway and the most recent says the body was found south of Castaic lake near the Golden State Freeway. Both were brush fires found early in the morning.

2010 fire was put out at 5:39am with a longer burning time as the body was mostly turning into ash.

2013 fire was found at 6am.

Here are more links to brush fires with burning bodies with 2 hour radius of lake:

2010 5am - norco
http://www.swrnn.com/2010/08/23/burned-body-found-near-golf-club-in-norco-idd/

2010 3:15am -Compton
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/03/compton-burning-body-update.html

2012 3am- Sun Valley
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/06/21/burned-body-found-following-brush-fire-in-sun-valley/

2012 3am - Santa monica
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...a-monica-mountains-conservancy_n_1616016.html

2012 6:40am - Long Beach
http://belmontshore.patch.com/groups/volunteering/p/man-s-body-found-burning-in-long-beach

All seem to be male adults but only one seems to have ever been identified. Probably more but that was just on a quick google search.

map http://mapq.st/17Pmaay

Yes I think so. I saw the video of the interview with his roommate but went back to see certain things and now the video is gone - or wont play on my computer
Here is the link - maybe it will play for you

http://fox40.com/2013/09/04/sierra-college-students-react-to-classmates-disappearance/

Interesting...

when I originally viewed this link... I believe there were two separate videos back-to-back...

One... With the current roommate... And

Two.... Reporter speaking of updates of Bryce's case....

The footage of Bryce's current roommate is no longer available...

:waitasec:

You may not sleuth Bryce's roommate as he is not a suspect or POI in this case. Additionally, do not post comments from social media!

:tos:

Interesting...

when I originally viewed this link... I believe there were two separate videos back-to-back...

I can still view the Fox40 video of the current roommate at the link (??)

Interesting...

Sorry to quote myself... But...

I might be getting the links mixed up in my memory...

JMO

First of all, I want to say thanks for the kind words and welcomes.
I don't want to come out as a stalker or some bored mind who's attention and sensation seeking.
From what I recap, I have in mind, that you mapped the areas where BL's car was found and the unknown body.
When I first heard of that incident I googled as well, with the informations given and came up with a different place. But I refused to say something, because of you're all US residents and would have know better as an foreigner. But today I saw an (old) Video post where they showed exactly the same spot that I came up with.
I try to include a picture where you can see what I meant.
Best wishes D

Attachments

• bbcastaic.jpg
    bbcastaic.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 70
I don't want to come out as a stalker or some bored mind who's attention and sensation seeking.
From what I recap, I have in mind, that you mapped the areas where BL's car was found and the unknown body.
When I first heard of that incident I googled as well, with the informations given and came up with a different place. But I refused to say something, because of you're all US residents and would have know better as an foreigner. But today I saw an (old) Video post where they showed exactly the same spot that I came up with.
Best wishes D

No one will think of you that way, Deicide. Your input and what you find is just as important as ANYONE's. We are all over the country, the globe. Your distance from the investigation does not negate your value in any way.

Best wishes D

Is this the incident you were referring to, PoirotsGirlFriday?

If the autopsy of the recovery body is complete and the ME has an ID on that individual (who it is or is not) ...

What good/reasonable explanation could ME/LE have for continuing to keep this distressed family on pins and needles for the ID determination of the recovered body; BL: yea or nay? TIA

DragRacer, I have sent you a message on your Facebook page, however it was directed to your "other message" folder. I work for a missing children's organization and I'm trying to give you Marc and Brad's, of Klaas Kids, direct phone numbers as well as resources for searches.

Perhaps the autopsy wasn't enough to ID and they need to use dental records which IIRC an article said could take up to 2 weeks? But I would image they'd at least have told the family that much, it sounds like they're completely in the dark.

Possibly the family has been told or will be told today. If it is Bryce I certainly wouldn't fault them for not updating, what horrific news that would be. Hoping I'm wrong, and he's out there somewhere making his way back home.

I think this case needs more national media attention. I think if a family member was to contact Marc Klaas he could get this on the Nancy Grace HLN show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

long time lurker. this case strikes close to home as a mother with 2 children in college. also grew up in Southern California - traveled that route many times. but i've been transplanted to the East Coast for some time now so when i wasn't familiar with Valero (Bryce purchased gas at the station close to Buttonwood) i googled the location this morning. the search brought up 2 locations, the Buttonwood and another in Camarillo. almost like a hand had come out of the monitor and smacked me because earlier this morning i searched the route between Castaic Lake and Somis. the routes are almost identical. I did the Somis search because there was a 20 something, male body found there last nite. i dismissed it at first, kind of thought *farm worker* but then i did the Valero search and the coincidence compelled me to register. different counties so thought i'd mention. i have Lymes and its difficult for me to get my thoughts out so apologies if this has been difficult to follow.

Perhaps the autopsy wasn't enough to ID and they need to use dental records which IIRC an article said could take up to 2 weeks? But I would image they'd at least have told the family that much, it sounds like they're completely in the dark.

Possibly the family has been told or will be told today. If it is Bryce I certainly wouldn't fault them for not updating, what horrific news that would be. Hoping I'm wrong, and he's out there somewhere making his way back home.

BBM - Yes, I hope you're right!

And I agree, I'm not concerned about me/us/public immediately knowing
the results of the autopsy but I'm finding this venturing on cruel that as of
this morning, at least, the Mom and Uncle have both expressed still waiting
for the results of the autopsy.

long time lurker. this case strikes close to home as a mother with 2 children in college. also grew up in Southern California - traveled that route many times. but i've been transplanted to the East Coast for some time now so when i wasn't familiar with Valero (Bryce purchased gas at the station close to Buttonwood) i googled the location this morning. the search brought up 2 locations, the Buttonwood and another in Camarillo. almost like a hand had come out of the monitor and smacked me because earlier this morning i searched the route between Castaic Lake and Somis. the routes are almost identical. I did the Somis search because there was a 20 something, male body found there last nite. i dismissed it at first, kind of thought *farm worker* but then i did the Valero search and the coincidence compelled me to register. different counties so thought i'd mention. i have Lymes and its difficult for me to get my thoughts out so apologies if this has been difficult to follow.
You did great!

:welcome6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members