UK Teen gives birth by witch's grave

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Molly Leigh kept a crow named Mr. Hotfoot Jackson.

Mum gives birth next to grave of Burslem witch Molly Leigh. (stokesentinel.co.uk)
Teenage mum Gemma Grocott unexpectedly gave birth to her second child in a cemetery – next to the grave of Burslem witch Molly Leigh.

The 19-year-old suddenly went into the latter stages of labour as she cut through St John's Church, in Burslem, on her way to the shops.

Partner Steven Moore ran for help but when he returned Gemma was screaming in pain. With no time to wait for an ambulance to arrive, Steven was forced to deliver his daughter on a patch of grass by Molly's tombstone.

Little Mikayla Jessica arrived weighing 6lb 9oz just 15 minutes after Gemma had her first strong contraction.
---
more, with pictures, video, at the link

Molly Leigh (Wiki)
Some claim that if one skips around her grave three times chanting the mantra "Molly Leigh, Molly Leigh, Chase me around the apple tree," her spirit will return. These ghost stories are still told to young children to this day.

could be the making of a good horror movie

Wow. In the article, the mom says her water never actually broke. If the baby was born with the amniotic membrane intact, or 'born in the caul', superstition says those babies possess second sight & other supernatural abilites.

Wow. In the article, the mom says her water never actually broke. If the baby was born with the amniotic membrane intact, or 'born in the caul', superstition says those babies possess second sight & other supernatural abilites.
Good catch.

I am extremely envious. What a completely awesome story that would be to tell around the ouija board on a crisp Samhain eve.

Seriously though, it must have been terrifying for the poor mother. Glad she and baby got through it okay.

Poor old Molly. I hope the Rev. Spencer met his just deserts on the other side.

I'm a pagan at heart, so I'm just eating this story up. Some way, some how, I would have had to work "Molly" into the baby's name, if it had been me. lol

I was one of those babies, and most of my family (and a lot of friends) believe it's true. I personally think I'm just more perceptive and intuitive than most of the people I know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back