Jailhouse Interview September 11, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper52

Reaction score
I'm wondering if MS is rolling over on DM.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...-say-they-want-to-tell-their-story-but-can-t/
`bbm
Smich shook his head when asked about a mischief charge he received last year for allegedly spray-painting graffiti on an overpass in Oakville, saying it would be a stretch to link that to “what I’m in here for now.”

While he assumes many of the other inmates recognize his name and his high-profile case, he says he has not been targeted in any way. He says he gets outside, but not often — especially now that he’s in segregation again.

Asked if he provided the “new information” that led to this latest police search of Millard’s farm, he *advertiser censored* his head — asking, “If I’m telling you I’m not talking, why do you think I’m talking to anyone?”

Both men are set to appear briefly in Hamilton court Thursday afternoon.

My read on is: YES- he is talking, but had assumed that the info would be kept very confidential (at least until a deal is struck or the trial is underway) thus when asked the direct question - did he provide the new information, he replies indirectly via a pseudo-denial, and then inquires "why do you think I'm talking to anyone?". In other words whats been said?/whose ratted me out?

From the article....
When asked if he provided the "new information" that led to this latest police search of Millard's farm, he cocked his head —asking, "If I'm telling you I'm not talking, why do you think I'm talking to anyone?"

My read on is: YES- he is talking, but had assumed that the info would be kept very confidential (at least until a deal is struck or the trial is underway) thus when asked the direct question - did he provide the new information, he replies indirectly via a pseudo-denial, and then inquires "why do you think I'm talking to anyone?". In other words whats been said?/whose ratted me out?

From the article....
When asked if he provided the "new information" that led to this latest police search of Millard's farm, he cocked his head —asking, "If I'm telling you I'm not talking, why do you think I'm talking to anyone?"

When asked the question, he answers with a question ... common evasive technique.

BQ - I am not sure if you are being funny? :blushing:

I don't believe MS would openly admit to any "ratting" at this point, or ever... Although him being in segregation makes me think he is... Jails are full of their own justice system and if MS is ratting / talking, then other inmates would be aware of it. They would see LE / Crowns etc, coming and talking to MS, word would spread fast, IMO

(It's kind of o/t for this thread but I found both of those interviews to be completely pointless. Not sure why either of the accused agreed to them. "Yep, I'm in jail...no comment.")

(It's kind of o/t for this thread but I found both of those interviews to be completely pointless. Not sure why either of the accused agreed to them. "Yep, I'm in jail...no comment.")

From The Spec. link, maybe this is the reason..
bbm.
"The accused killer, who celebrated his birthday in jail on Aug. 30, said that "getting a visit is so rare" and called this visit from a reporter "precious."

Just wanted to add link and thanks to reporter,Molly Hayes.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/

"Exclusive: Jail visits with Bosma’s accused killers

On the eve of their latest court appearance, accused killers Dellen Millard and Mark Smich — sitting in jail cells 85 kilometres apart — both say they want to tell their side of the story. But can't".

Maybe for no other reason than to have a change of scenery.

Winter is coming, maybe that will help! :jail:

From the article....

My thoughts, exactly. MS has been advised to not speak but I bet his lawyer is trying to cut him a deal of sorts in exchange for information.

MOO!

From The Spec. link, maybe this is the reason..
bbm.
"The accused killer, who celebrated his birthday in jail on Aug. 30, said that "getting a visit is so rare" and called this visit from a reporter "precious."

Had it been an unfortunate looking male reporter, I wonder if DM would have still used the word "precious" :waitasec:

Had it been an unfortunate looking male reporter, I wonder if DM would have still used the word "precious" :waitasec:

How do you know who visited him? Molly Hayes wrote the article but states a reporter from the Spec visited. There have been male reporters from the Spec on this case too.

How do you know who visited him? Molly Hayes wrote the article but states a reporter from the Spec visited. There have been male reporters from the Spec on this case too.

I believe only one reporter visited them both, and he was from The Spec in Hamilton. IMO. This article used info from the Specs article.

AB had a Twitter conversation Molly Hayes which makes it clear to me that it was Molly.

Who says they agreed???

In jail it is usual for a visitor to attend during visiting hours, provide ID, say who they wish to visit...and in they go. The 'inmate is brought out to see the visitor. I do not think they are told in advance who is there to visit !!! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle