Pacific Northwest

Alias Smith and Jones--Renegade - YouTube

Styx - Renegade Lyrics

Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Lawman has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
Oh mama, I can hear your crying you're so scared and all alone
Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long

<modsnip>

WOW Foxfire, just WOW on these lyrics...I am totally speechless right now.....Wondering if Wales could have been his 1st victim after his Military Stay and maybe he felt he would surely be caught since Wales was a Government Worker and as said in the story about him, Wales soon became a public figure in Seattle Washington and Keyes family were living in Maine at this time I believe so Keyes would have no family close at this time either

One big thing that really got into my mind about all this is they highly thought the Pilot with the last name of Anderson did this and he was in Vegas the night the letter was sent but only on a layover...His lawyer says Anderson did NOT send this letter and so far after years have passed they have not proved he did this.............GF of Keyes is Anderson....she worked in Vegas in real-estate, Keyes was known to go to Vegas several times by the timeline release, makes me wonder if perhaps this Anderson might have ties to the GF??? Father, Brother???.....and if this was a hired hit as some suspect it was...HELLO maybe Anderson hired Keyes for this job???.......I go back to the man seen weeks before Wales was shot walking in that neighborhood and seen dragging a BLACK NYLON type luggage bag behind him....Did LE overlook the tip on this man because some may have known something was UP for Wales only to release this to Wales attorneys in 2004?? long after he was deceased
This case is puzzling to me but this just sounds so much like something IK would have done and I think the sketch looks like Keyes but with a slight shadow of beard on his face....as I have said I'm not a computer whiz...wonder if curly hair could be added....that to me just brings Keyes likeness out and is distinct for me to compare images and sketches of him
Thanks for putting this up Foxfire

THANK YOU Lucky 1.......I felt also like since this gun used in Wales murder was known to have a replacement barrel made it sound much more and also sneaky like IK and I think back this would have been when he had just gotten out of the Military, I'm sure with his training in this field he was very UP on all guns, barrels and even ammo. He knew this would make the investigation much harder to try and track down makes of this barrel and etc and that it would throw them off also and also in moo, I feel this had to be a long-thought out, highly studied case and as we know this was what Keyes seemingly done very well

and THANK YOU again for putting the letter and his note up so plain and GOOD EYE that you caught the "through" that was in print...the T H R is almost an identical match to me in this word he decided to print...R has the same curve as in the letter....H is a direct match to me.....I owe you big time Lucky1.......I sit here and highly tip my hat to you (while bowing also)...lol
my eyes would have never caught that printed word:tyou:

That is an interesting find Foxfire. Renegade by Styx was not the theme song to Alias Smith and Jones, but that poster made a tribute to the show. They have other Alias Smith and Jones videos posted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renegade_(Styx_song)

"Renegade" is a 1979 hit song recorded by the American rock band Styx. It was on their Pieces of Eight album. It reached #16 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the spring of 1979. The song is a first-person narrative of an outlaw, captured for a bounty, who recognizes that he is about to be executed for his criminal activities. The execution will be by hanging, as the outlaw laments, "Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long." Some pressings of the single were made with translucent, red vinyl.

We are allowed to copy and paste up to ten percent (10%) of published written material. Mods will snip C&P's which exceed the 10% limit.

Quoted material must be accompanied by a link to the source. It's always preferable to link back to the original source.

The rule also applies to posted images.

Do not overlook this rule.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220885"]Threadiquette **IMPORTANT -- PLEASE READ** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi, everyone,

1) I think it's important to distinguish between aliases (intentional misrepresenatations of name) and typos/bureaucratic transcription mistakes.

For example, my name contains an "n" a "b" and an "f." No matter how carefully I spell or clarify it, I invariably receive bills, checks, and letters in which those are written as "m" "d" and "s."

If I were to be arrested and people did online sleuthing on me, there would probably be a thread that pointed out how sneaky I was to have about 10 aliases. Whereas all of them are transcription mistakes.

"Keyes" and "Reyes" are almost certainly in that category. The cited newspaper article is quoting an unnamed facebook administrator who in turn is citing an email from an unnamed source.

LE would have put out that aliases were used, if any were.

In fact, it's very interesting that Keyes used his own name, own credit card in that name, during his travels, at least when he was on the grid.

Finally, "Iz" and "Izzy" are nicknames, not aliases. Like a guy named Robert who people call Bob or Bobby.

2) Replacing gun barrels is something people who shoot guns do. Barrels are inexpensive and you replace them rather than buy a whole new gun.

The fact that a gun barrel has been replaced in a gun used to commit a crime is not astonishing and does not mean that Keyes is more likely to be involved.

3) Keyes stated that he did not shoot people, except Bill Currier. He used guns to terrify people into compliance. In addition, he stated that he loved 22's and that was his gun of choice.

Now, we can disbelieve him and speculate about gunshot victims who were clearly murdered (whereas the FBI clearly believes we should be looking for missing people whose bodies have never been recovered and who received little press attention).

But, since all that we know of "his M.O" or pretty much anything he did came from his own mouth, if we decide to disbelieve him about those issues, why believe that he murdered anyone beside the 3 who were confirmed?

We seem to take him at his word that he prowled parklands and boat ramps, that he killed many people, that he buried weapons and cash ... but then ignore what he said about the bodies not being discovered and there being little press.

So many of the proposed victims in these threads have been: clearly shot, clearly murdered, or clearly big news. And those have to be excluded.

Thank you for your post, cynar. And just to add, this is what Special Agent Jolene Goeden had to say in an On the Record interview.
I think one of the biggest things we'd like to get out to the public is that we're looking for missing persons cases. Keyes made it very clear that a majority of his victims were not found...

What we're looking at are missing persons cases, not necessarily cold case homicides. We'll certainly take that information and go through it. But the missing persons cases are the key ones.
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...-in-serial-killing-mystery/?playlist_id=86925

Goeden also pointed out that Keyes claimed his crimes gained very little publicity. So if we're going to include cold cases, we should avoid high profile cases, and cases with a named suspect.

Hi, everyone,

1) I think it's important to distinguish between aliases (intentional misrepresenatations of name) and typos/bureaucratic transcription mistakes.

For example, my name contains an "n" a "b" and an "f." No matter how carefully I spell or clarify it, I invariably receive bills, checks, and letters in which those are written as "m" "d" and "s."

If I were to be arrested and people did online sleuthing on me, there would probably be a thread that pointed out how sneaky I was to have about 10 aliases. Whereas all of them are transcription mistakes.

"Keyes" and "Reyes" are almost certainly in that category. The cited newspaper article is quoting an unnamed facebook administrator who in turn is citing an email from an unnamed source.

In fact, it's very interesting that Keyes used his own name, own credit card in that name, during his travels, at least when he was on the grid.

Finally, "Iz" and "Izzy" are nicknames, not aliases. Like a guy named Robert who people call Bob or Bobby.

2) Replacing gun barrels is something people who shoot guns do. Barrels are inexpensive and you replace them rather than buy a whole new gun.

The fact that a gun barrel has been replaced in a gun used to commit a crime is not astonishing and does not mean that Keyes is more likely to be involved.

3) Keyes stated that he did not shoot people, except Bill Currier. He used guns to terrify people into compliance. In addition, he stated that he loved 22's and that was his gun of choice.

Now, we can disbelieve him and speculate about gunshot victims who were clearly murdered (whereas the FBI clearly believes we should be looking for missing people whose bodies have never been recovered and who received little press attention).

But, since all that we know of "his M.O" or pretty much anything he did came from his own mouth, if we decide to disbelieve him about those issues, why believe that he murdered anyone beside the 3 who were confirmed?

We seem to take him at his word that he prowled parklands and boat ramps, that he killed many people, that he buried weapons and cash ... but then ignore what he said about the bodies not being discovered and there being little press.

So many of the proposed victims in these threads have been: clearly shot, clearly murdered, or clearly big news. And those have to be excluded.

I'm sorry Cynar, I have to totally disagree...Keyes did use a lot of various names, and that has been proven...that is how the FB page found a lot of their 1st information on him

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Israel_Keyes

He stated in the released tapes that he "never" used credit card, debit cards on these trips, he always used cash so no cards have ever been known to be used under his real name....Only victims so far and he turned his cell phone off and WENT BLACK also on released audio tapes

I definitely do NOT believe everything he said, Why would he tell the truth?? he is sitting talking to people he knows that are about to turn in everything they have "found" not out of his mouth and will be put in a federal prison for a life sentence and more probable given the death penalty....he truly had no reason to tell them the truth, he already knew he was more than likely a dead man just for the use of Samantha's atm card, and in the last know meeting on Nov. 29th that alone proves my point...When the lady investigator walks in with that stack of photo's and etc...Keyes looks as if he could have fallen over, he didn't have a clue what those were until they told him that they were photo's of things found at his NY property during the 2 day search FBI did there..1 being a man's ring...one investigator keeps asking him if he is sure this ring don't mean anything, will it be linked to anything...Keyes reply "uh, that was a long time ago"

Uh, and the other thing was New York stuff. Show you what they took from the property in New York?

KEYES All right.

GOEDEN Show you that. This was the &#8211; this is the list of what it is. Some of it's pretty, you know, kinda generic in terms of the description of what it is &#8211; real but I'll show you the old property.

KEYES Wow. You guys are going way back now.

BELL (Chuckles).

GOEDEN What stuff?

KEYES Oh just all this stuff. Anything from New York you're going way back.

GOEDEN When's the last time you were there?

KEYES Oh I was there just a year or so ago. But living there I haven't been there since

Keyes was Mad, Scared, Aggravated and Surprised on this day that they had so much to show him, with More to come..some items were still at the lab being analyzed

Keye's simply flat out lied during the interviews...way back about a year or so ago he told LE in Anchorage, he picked victims he knew would get a lot of coverage, he could not wait to go to a library or airport to get to a computer and follow the coverage and also said he sometimes would even be one that posted under articles because he enjoyed knowing that the investigation was so far off from the truth....then he told investigators later that he knew he was getting sloppy when he used his home computer to follow the Curriers Case, but he said "with an extra shot of liquor, he could not help but go to his computer"...and they seized his home computer and found he had followed the Curriers on his own computer

Keyes was fascinated with guns, his grandfather bought him one at age 14, he carried it everywhere as he stated in the last released recordings and said he broke into houses at this age also..........I 199.9% believe he used guns many times, after all that is one thing he was highly trained for in the Military and he often boasted about his military days, and he also described to investigators that he had a homemade shooting gig that he used often to practice....I feel he strangled most women as being some part of his thrill when having sex with known victims, he loved to see them suffer came right out of his own mouth

I have very good reason that I cannot post on this site that early on in his starting his killing he did not have an MO of picking victims of parks, trails and etc. I think he started by picking places that were very busy and he knew he could just fit in as an ordinary person and I feel he followed this for several years until the sketch was released in Boca Raton Florida...He knew that sketch was so close to how he looked that people would know him anywhere he went, and after all they placed larger photo's of this sketch on the sides of many delivery trucks, in windows and all along the interstates and roads near there....After this came out I feel he knew he could never pick out of public places again so when he returned home or wherever he changed it to trails, parks and etc....I think he knew he had to lay low and to this day it is reported this sketch is still everywhere in Boca on down to Miami

And do you truly think when Keyes was on a killing trip he truly gave his real name??.....if you even stop to think about it, that would have been really dumb of him knowing there always was a chance of him getting caught at any given victim he killed., so he used cash only...putting his real name out there at motels and etc. would have been crazy for a serial killer, Keyes was smart and he thought his crimes out for a long time, to me giving his true name just would have been a very dumb "mistake" on his part

I know the administrators can choose to delete any posts I put up and I do know some would sneer and laugh at some I put up. but I truly do not think we can dismiss certain cold cases, even Keyes had forgot the exact times, years and etc. and I will go further in stating I feel they will never find all of his victims due to his ways of enjoying misleading LE online by posting and the many different ways he studied his murders out and I feel there will be some that won't even sound like the Keyes we know here on Webslueths..I just feel he tried to do each victim a little different as to further keep him under the radar for so long

Hi, everyone,

The "Reyes" name switch is interesting...moo It is usually a Latino surname, although from what I have been able to find,it is also a fairly common Native American last name, especially among those tribes in the desert SW areas.
IK might have invented a whole other "Reyes" persona. jmo

at times he seemed to ooze contempt and disdain for middle class America...he also seemed to have very negative emotions connected with houses, with people and their homes...I wonder if this was why he would set fire to homes he had broken into ? jmo moo

Guess they found some other items with the skull, but won't say what:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Inv...covery-on-JBLM-continues-today-104964114.html
'Other items' found where human skull was discovered on Lewis-McChord

JBLM_human_skull_101310.jpg

Lucky 1, I wonder if the "other items" mentioned in this older article were not only the two vertebra that are described in more recent MSM. In other words, maybe all the "items" were bones? I'm leaning toward thinking that's the case -- although hoping there were indeed other "types" of items found that might give a clue to the identity of the deceased and/or to any killer.

Hey, Dig,

Just regarding the using-real-name aspect: yes, he used his real name and credit card. How do we know this? Because the FBI has put out a timeline. The timeline is based on credit card activity in terms of airline reservations, car rental reservations, hotel reservations.

When he first told them about the Curriers he said "You're gonna find a paper trail." The paper trail consisted of: Alaska airlines to Chicago paid for by credit card; car rental from Chicago airport paid for by credit card; reservation at Essex's Handy Suites, in his own name; short-term fishing license in Vermont, under his own name. Those data points contributed to the substantiating circumstantial evidence that allowed LE to declare the Currier case solved, despite never finding the bodies. The most conclusive evidence was their own gun, found in the upstate NY reservoir where Keyes told them it would be. Only the person who broke into their house and took their gun could have provided the location of the gun.

Extrapolating from the Currier case, the pattern seems to be a mixture of using his own name and credit card for the "point A to point B" stuff, and then going dark during actual crime commission.

If he had reserved the Handy Suites under an alias, or the car, or the airline trip, the FBI would have confronted him with that at a subsequent interview or at least have annotated their timeline and release of information to the public to say "used alias *advertiser censored* during this period" or the like. They really do want the public's help, so if there is a known alias, that would have been stressed.

I am very curious about your certainty as to the use of aliases. How did the participants of the FB page come to this certainty? Is it anecdotal (and if so, are the providers of the anecdotes verified insiders) or what is the basis?

I have read any and all news, long-form journalism, and official press releases available about this case and none claim that any aliases are known. You also provided a link to a criminal minds wiki. There is no mention of aliases there, but, also, as a crowdsourced wiki that anyone could edit, if there were such mention that would not be the authoritative source I am so curious to discover.

thanks!

How about Rebekah?

I came across her name on NAMPM, when looking for missing persons around the time period of IK's trip to California from late April to early May. She seemed possible. I checked WS and lo and behold an astute WSer comfortably beat me to it. This post was made a number of months back by JFinlay86 on the broader "IK Who were his victims" thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9475843&postcount=576"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9475843&postcount=576[/ame]

To quote it here on this Pacific Northwest thread:
Does anyone think this case could be one of Keyes? I was looking at the known flights/locations and comparing them to people on NAMUS etc and found this.
Rebekah Bramel, she went missing from either Springfield or Portland Oregon (She was last seen at her mothers in Portland, a car associated with her was found in rural east Springfield)on 30 April 2007, there was a possible siting of her in early May in Springfield. Keyes flew from Anchorage to Oakland CA on 24 April 2007, rented a car and drove 1,444 miles in it then flew out of Oakland on 4 May 2007. According to Google maps it would be about 520 miles from Oakland to Springfield, so that would be a return trip of 1040 miles.
It fits his timeline, her car was found out rural and it said she had no family and no apparent reason to have traveled to Springfield... Keyes said he would get victims to meet him in out of the way places... and from what I can see, her case didn't get a lot of media coverage.
I don't really know, I'm posting this to see what others think.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_rebekah.html

The only thing about the rental car mileage that is bothering me is that IK also crossed the border from Tijuana to San Diego during the trip. How would he have gotten to So. Cal? (There isn't mention of him crossing the border into Mexico though. Not sure why. I wonder if IK sometimes rented more than one vehicle during a trip and they just haven't identified them all.)

Thinking out loud; There has been cases in the past where serial killers opened up to their defense Attorneys, yet their Attorneys kept the info confidential due to Attorney client privilege, or for other nefarious reasons; books/movie deals.. IK; an opportunist, loved to talk..Just not to investigators.

Example:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/john_paul_knowles/12.html

Paul John Knowles: The Casanova Killer

Twelve Murders

Knowles was suspected in twelve murders at the time, including the two hitchhikers near Macon, the Carrs, Bates, Curtis, two killings in Jacksonville, and three more in Georgia.&#65533; They did not yet know just how widely he had traveled.&#65533; Once in custody, Knowles mentioned the tapes he had given to his attorney, which started a legal battle in which his attorney was cited for contempt.&#65533; Ellis Rubin arrived from New York in support, and Sandy Fawkes was called to a grand jury as well to describe what Knowles had told her about them - which was not much.&#65533; Yavitz spent some time in jail before relenting and turning over two packages of documents and tapes.&#65533; At first he would only say that while the tapes might have information relevant to the Carr double homicide with which Knowles was charged, they also provided a record of his activities in jurisdictions across the country.&#65533; Knowles had given him instructions that upon his death, all tapes and documents were to be revealed to the world for the good of society

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2011-12-21/serial-killer-blamed-74-killing-ga-girl
Documents were also used to help link Knowles to the killing. Amid the crime spree, Knowles mailed audio confessions of his crimes to a Florida attorney, but the recordings were never released publicly and the transcripts were ruined a few years ago by flooding at the federal courthouse in Macon.
Investigators tracked down a 1975 letter buried in the state archives that was written by a former U.S. attorney who summarized Knowles&#8217; confessions.

Russell was last heard from in the Eugene, OR area. His vehicle, described as a blue 1986 VW Quantum, was later located in July 2006 on Forest Service Rd. 5847 MP 8 south of Eugene, OR. He was en route to the Coos Bay/North Bend, OR area.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/gonzales_russell_m.html

IK was in the Washington State area generally during this broad time period and had been in Oregon the previous month. It would be an easy enough trip for him.

This article hasn't been posted in this thread but I think it's important as many people have been speculating that IK may be responsible for the murders of Mary Cooper & Susanna Stodden in 2006 who were shot and killed randomly while hiking. Since the FBI believes it is "unlikely" I would probably rule it out for now. Their bodies were found on the trail and this case had high publicity and I believe that LE has a lot more evidence and information that hasn't been released to the public on this case, to make sure they catch the right person. Ugh, that means there could be some other creep out there in the woods.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2013/08/fbi-keyes-not-likely-involved-in-2006-snohomish-county-mother-daughther-deaths/

The 2006 deaths of a mother and daughter on the Pinnacle Lake Trail in Snohomish County are not likely among the murders committed by a prolific serial killer who committed suicide in an Alaska jail last year, according to the FBI.

This article hasn't been posted in this thread but I think it's important as many people have been speculating that IK may be responsible for the murders of Mary Cooper & Susanna Stodden in 2006 who were shot and killed randomly while hiking. Since the FBI believes it is "unlikely" I would probably rule it out for now. Their bodies were found on the trail and this case had high publicity and I believe that LE has a lot more evidence and information that hasn't been released to the public on this case, to make sure they catch the right person. Ugh, that means there could be some other creep out there in the woods.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2013/08/fbi-keyes-not-likely-involved-in-2006-snohomish-county-mother-daughther-deaths/

The 2006 deaths of a mother and daughter on the Pinnacle Lake Trail in Snohomish County are not likely among the murders committed by a prolific serial killer who committed suicide in an Alaska jail last year, according to the FBI.

I remember these murders. Wasn't the husband's poly "inconclusive" ? jmo moo

Northxnorthwest, I sure hope the FBI is not relying on info from IK's interviews to rule victims in or out.. IK was playing them like a fiddle, imo..
I was reading about the murders of hikers Mary Cooper & Susanna Stodden, earlier today. After almost 7 years cold without results, it may not have been IK, but it was someone with virtually identical traits, imo..

Russo doubts all the bodies will be found. "I feel like we lost this case," he said. "And we lost because we couldn't get these people out of his head that he kept there. That's how he described it. I have these people, they're my people, they belong to me. In killing himself, that was his answer to us: You'll never get these people out of my head."

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/alaska-investigators-say-keyes-felt-high-serial-killings

Russo said he believes Keyes killed as many as 11 or 12 people. The FBI and Anchorage Police Department investigators also upped the number on Friday, saying Keyes may have had 11 victims. They'd previously said at least eight.

FBI agent Darren Jones said the FBI always thought there might be more than eight. Additional information makes them confident there's more. But no one may ever know the real number.

One thing's for sure: Keyes was meticulous. A national expert on serial killers retained for the case said Keyes was among the top three organizers, thinkers and planners he'd studied, said Russo.

I remember these murders. Wasn't the husband's poly "inconclusive" ? jmo moo

In my reading earlier today, it was stated that the husband/father is not considered a suspect.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/DOUBLE-MURDER-ON-MOUNTAIN-TRAIL-STILL-A-MYSTERY-97970519.html
Snohomish County Sheriff's Investigators have no suspects and still have no leads.
David Stodden was given two Polygraph tests not long after the murder but was never named as a suspect.
"I don't like the way I was treated during parts of the investigation", Stodden says. "If we keep this information out there, the real person who did this will be caught. I truly believe that".
Stodden still hangs posters with his wife and daughter's pictures on them.
"I'll never stop until this is over", he says.

I thought this snipet from one of the articles was interesting;

The pair was hiking on the Pinnacle Lake trail in east Snohomish County when somebody shot them both in the head, possibly from ambush. There does not seem to have been a motive, and the killer is still out there somewhere. Their bodies were found by two hikers who had talked to them earlier at the Pinnacle Lake trailhead.

http://www.examiner.com/article/after-six-years-mystery-lingers-about-pinnacle-lake-trail-murders

The "Reyes" name switch is interesting...moo It is usually a Latino surname, although from what I have been able to find,it is also a fairly common Native American last name, especially among those tribes in the desert SW areas.
IK might have invented a whole other "Reyes" persona. jmo

at times he seemed to ooze contempt and disdain for middle class America...he also seemed to have very negative emotions connected with houses, with people and their homes...I wonder if this was why he would set fire to homes he had broken into ? jmo moo

======================================================================================================

liz b, Exactly...Just remember he had a child by a lady that was on the Makah Indian Tribe....he is known to have loved the people there and after all his child was still living with the mother on that tribal ground until later years....I feel Reyes had a very special meaning to him but just moo also

I feel as you do on the houses as I go back to the home his family was known to live in while in colville...it was a simple cabin, no electricity, no modern appliances and very isolated and very few people at that time was known to live in this specific area, more or less you had just certain neighbors, certain kids you were allowed to associate with and when he did the crime to the family pet his buddy then told his parents, then that kids parents went to talk to Keye's parents and no kids were allowed to ever go back into the woods with him again....so I feel this may be where he disliked middle class families and their "plastic walls, roads of dinasore bones" as stated in his suicide note...also seemed to me he did not like educated people that much since he put in the note also, go ahead clock in then sit on your a-- and play dumb a-- games on your phone..oh you have the education, papers on the wall....may not be exact but close to it....may have bothered Keyes that he was only homeschooled and went to college or maybe some of his friends and family did go and he felt them to be much higher worthy than himself...moo only

Hey, Dig,

Just regarding the using-real-name aspect: yes, he used his real name and credit card. How do we know this? Because the FBI has put out a timeline. The timeline is based on credit card activity in terms of airline reservations, car rental reservations, hotel reservations.

When he first told them about the Curriers he said "You're gonna find a paper trail." The paper trail consisted of: Alaska airlines to Chicago paid for by credit card; car rental from Chicago airport paid for by credit card; reservation at Essex's Handy Suites, in his own name; short-term fishing license in Vermont, under his own name. Those data points contributed to the substantiating circumstantial evidence that allowed LE to declare the Currier case solved, despite never finding the bodies. The most conclusive evidence was their own gun, found in the upstate NY reservoir where Keyes told them it would be. Only the person who broke into their house and took their gun could have provided the location of the gun.

Extrapolating from the Currier case, the pattern seems to be a mixture of using his own name and credit card for the "point A to point B" stuff, and then going dark during actual crime commission.

If he had reserved the Handy Suites under an alias, or the car, or the airline trip, the FBI would have confronted him with that at a subsequent interview or at least have annotated their timeline and release of information to the public to say "used alias *advertiser censored* during this period" or the like. They really do want the public's help, so if there is a known alias, that would have been stressed.

I am very curious about your certainty as to the use of aliases. How did the participants of the FB page come to this certainty? Is it anecdotal (and if so, are the providers of the anecdotes verified insiders) or what is the basis?

I have read any and all news, long-form journalism, and official press releases available about this case and none claim that any aliases are known. You also provided a link to a criminal minds wiki. There is no mention of aliases there, but, also, as a crowdsourced wiki that anyone could edit, if there were such mention that would not be the authoritative source I am so curious to discover.

thanks!

Cynar, I hope you realize that the FB page was set up by Samantha's Father even before Keyes was known to be a serial killer, after all the father saw him along with her boyfriend come to their house and steal the card out of the boyfriends truck....He took his daughter, killed her and etc...I don't think this man would allow any mis-information on this page...it is closely monitored I will say that but not always by just administrators

I'm not trying to argue cynar, not at all and as I said I cannot post on here all of my knowings and etc....I would get thrown off immediately...maybe someday, I will say as I've stressed so much lately...some only read the new articles released, I "always" go and read the comments that people posts under each article released and much knowledge can be gained by some that post, others acting stupid, but more than likely you will find at least 1 or 2 that speaks out boldly or at least gives out just enough to search and go further

There were 2 alias's given in the link provided

and I will end with saying I am far from being a computer whizz but sometimes playing dumb will get you far in research such as just going to different search engines and typing in various names, locations, addresses and etc..by doing this I have found at least 3 very informative articles that has never been released in big media and probably never will be..only known small time reporters or authors......I will say this case alone has taught me so much in how much knowledge is sometimes gained by getting totally off known articles and etc. and just more or less playing with internet usage

Now I'm curious to know how you know he used his own name on all these trips, car rentals and etc....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I have ever read in any known released articles that he used exactly "Israel Keyes" and I base this on it was a cat and mouse game to him, even with the investigation tapes released, it is plain he is not always telling the truth, often taking long periods of time to answer and when he does he mumbles many of his words and often repeats some words 2 or 3 times just like he don't have a direct answer but given time he will give them "something"...to me it is a sign he is thinking in that mind of his how to answer something to please them, yet at the same time never giving out the truth

Also, if he gave his correct name all the time and lets just say he did, How in the world did this GF not GET IT????....He told investigators in the last interview it was getting harder and harder to come up with excuses on why he was taking so many trips and that he simply lost interest in his everyday life as far as work, concentrating and etc. This GF is not dumb for sure, she held a very high position while with him, the house was in her name, don't you think she would have gotten all these records of his many known travels and especially when he went thousands of miles off track, and questioned him why or what business he had going to places he was not supposed to be on a certain trip...I think she knew of his trips for sure, but I just know I would sure start questioning my husband if I found tons and tons of hotels, car rentals and etc...and I would search in secret until I had a 100% answer
Many know on here when I believe something so strong, I can get as stubborn as an old work mule, there is no way anyone will ever change my mind when it gets implanted way down deep inside of me...LOL

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

Washington State Legislature
RCW 9.41.060
Exceptions to restrictions on carrying firearms.

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

RCW 9.41.050
Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back