GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

Weird though - I can search for him and find him.

I agree that his waist looks disproportionate. Could steroids make someone's body look like that? It's hard to tell with a shirt on but it would explain why he got so angry over an arm scratch (although I don't believe that is what caused him to lash out at her).

Weird though - I can search for him and find him.

I agree that his waist looks disproportionate. Could steroids make someone's body look like that? It's hard to tell with a shirt on but it would explain why he got so angry over an arm scratch (although I don't believe that is what caused him to lash out at her).

His story doesn't sound true...

But his extreme anger probably is!

Good suggestion of JD being on steroids!

:thumb:

<modsnip> Because, mandated reporter or not, (and everyone is technically a mandated reporter), what you are describing IS cause for a CPS response. I've never heard of "multiple reports" having to be made prior to a CPS investigation. A filthy house is considered neglect. Animal feces on the floor is considered neglect. Children running around unsupervised would be neglect. All of those complaints would be assessed as a screened in report and CPS would respond.
The "goal" of CPS is not to remove children in ANY case unless there is eminent risk and even then, court approval is required and the goal is to reunite the parents and children.

Interesting the difference in states. Feces would be investigated because it is a health risk. A filthy house is considered a lifestyle choice where I live.

At our trainings, the questions were asked as to why no one investigated with the reports being made. As a teacher, we went on required home visits, so we asked at our trainings why nothing would happen about the reports that were made.

They use the CHIPS system where I live for those instances that may lead to intervention.

Perhaps where others live the children are not at such high risk. We have one of the highest rates of alcoholism in the US, so perhaps the money only goes so far where I live and there had to be a list of severity so the most critical needs are met first.

A filthy house would not qualify unless there were reports of additional instances of other issues.

That's the story. Not enough money for issues.

Terribly sorry mods, but I didn't think asking someone if they LIVE in the USA (as in what state) is all that personal. The poster is very misinformed about how CPS works. There are places in the US that use the anagram CHIPS, but it is still a division of Family Services and CPS reports are treated the same in all 50 states with very minor exceptions. Just trying to prevent the spread of misinformation about this field.

I am retired now, but I can guarantee that the information I am providing is accurate for where I live. I was even on a committee once to deal with the huge costs of foster care where I live. I was on a committee with many professionals.

We were excited to think that there would be money for interventions,

Nope. It was all about that foster care was too expensive, so the goal was to have children stay with their families unless in dire situations. Yes, it is true.

It is all about money

Does it look like he has a vest/girdle/something under his shirt in this profile pic?

Looks to me like there is padding in the chest... And cinching at the waist...

:dunno:

I agree, padding at the chest, and a tiny waist.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/images/stories/news/Willow 5.jpg

Although in his mug shot his chest looks broader and his neck is thick. He may of been working out so maybe there is a possibility of of steroid use.
I do admit the pic in the black T is very odd. Fake, broad chest, skinny arms. If the chest was that big naturally in that pic, I would expect to see muscle mass in the arms.

Is it a padded vest under his shirt? Bulletproof type vest? Strange, the T-Shirt is very tight but he's definitely got something under it to make his chest and shoulders look bigger. It's not photoshopped, you can see the outline of something under his shirt.

I spoke about a CHIPS report on the other page and was questioned about it by the verufied CPS person.

Child abuse and neglect are very difficult to have investigated. Many thngs that people have talked about on here would not get a visit from CPS where I live.

A CHIPS report is one where there are concerns. The parents seem to let the children run around mthe neighborhood with no supervision at late hours. The child wanders away from the home. The child has said the parent slapped them.

An incident by itself could indicate not much. But, if CPS gets many reports about issues that are not in the best interest of a child, they can indicate that although each incident by itself is not of a big concern, there are enough incidents that may indicate a parent is in over his/her head and the child is at risk.

As I said, that is why it is important to report if you feel a child is at risk. Your report may be the one where the family is given intervention. The goal where I live is nit to take children away, but rather work on issues that may be affecting caregiving.

Most parents love their children, but they make bad choices or their lives are so chaotic, that they need some interventions to get back on track.

I only know these things because I am a mandated reporter, not because I am. CPS.

I would get trained once a year in reporting. Many of us were frustrated be ause we feel that there is not enough intervention. I cannot remember all of the thngs, but some thing that stuck in my mind is that a filthy house is not enough for intervention. It has to be life threatening, not just utterly disgusting. Animal feces on the floor are not acceptable because of disease possiblity.

Anyway, it is not as obvious as it would seem.

Great post my friend:)
I'm a teacher and mandatory reporter and I too have to do home visits. Many times we feel frustrated when we make reports that seem to be ignored. But like you said, they do keep a record and enough calls that on their own wouldn't necessitate much if any intervention do add up and may lead to more investigation.

Unfortunately, in my state, a child can be beaten daily but if no marks are left them it's not considered abusive--I have had preschool children coming to school crying because mom hit him with the belt, but since no visible marks were on his body, then it was considered okay. Doesn't mean I couldn't continue to keep my own log still, just in case.

In any case, yes, child abuse and neglect and how it's handled doesn't always seem to make sense.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 4

Interesting the difference in states. Feces would be investigated because it is a health risk. A filthy house is considered a lifestyle choice where I live.

At our trainings, the questions were asked as to why no one investigated with the reports being made. As a teacher, we went on required home visits, so we asked at our trainings why nothing would happen about the reports that were made.

They use the CHIPS system where I live for those instances that may lead to intervention.

Perhaps where others live the children are not at such high risk. We have one of the highest rates of alcoholism in the US, so perhaps the money only goes so far where I live and there had to be a list of severity so the most critical needs are met first.

A filthy house would not qualify unless there were reports of additional instances of other issues.

That's the story. Not enough money for issues.

I believe you are confused about what you are referring to as the CHIPS "system". There is a criteria used in EVERY state that qualifies a CPS report as screened in or screened out. CHIPS is just another acronym for a Child Protection system under the umbrella of Social Services.
A screened out report simply does not rise to the level of abuse or neglect. A "filthy" house does not tell us anything as the wording is very ambiguous and can be interpreted differently by different individuals. The report must be specific. Filthy is not specific. Is the home a health hazard? Why? Do they have running water? How are they bathing? Is there an insect infestation? Is there sewage backing up in the home? etc. etc. If you are not specific, your concerns may not rise to the level of neglect. Laundry piled up in the home, dirty dishes, dirty windows, floors, etc. are not considered a neglect issue...merely a bad housekeeping issue. You will find that many people are very judgemental about how they think other people should live....not how the law interprets how people should live. Poverty is not neglect. Poverty is not a crime. Neither is bad housekeeping.
Another thing is that you have the impression that screened out reports are referred back to the next time a report is made. That is patently false information. When a report is screened out, there is nothing entered about that family. The report is kept, but a total number of screened out reports do not impact whether or not a CPS investigation is undertaken. Only information that is made at the time of the report is under consideration. No one goes back into files to "see" if there were prior calls. Never, nada, doesn't happen.
This is not a money issue. The abuse/neglect criteria is determined by the lawmakers of your state and the federal government. If a report meets the criteria, it is investigated. Period. Every report is assigned a time frame depending on the severity of the allegations....everything from an immediate response to a few days. If a Social Worker/Investigator does not see the family within the assigned time frame, the case is considered out of compliance.
These are not optional rules. They are monitored closely and federal funding is drawn down based on individual criteria and policies. It has nothing to do with alcoholism, money or anything except the laws that are clearly spelled out for the public to see if you go to your local Social Services and click on the link for Children's Protective Services Policy Manual.

I guess there are not many pics of JD to judge the physical change.
Not saying he was ever on steroids. What I would like to say is that I have witnessed a big personality change in a loved one who was using, long ago. This person went from a very loving and caring person to a selfish, mean and just nasty for no reason. Well, there was actually a reason, steroids. It was terrible to see such a drastic change, completely opposite from who he once was. I will say it was scarey and at that time no one wanted to be near that person. Thankfully, those days are long gone. It took months to get that loving, caring person back.
Another physical change is the jaw gets squared off. JDs mug shot, his jaw is wider. So, it could be or it could be he was just putting on weight.

Makes me sick that people great their children in such a way. I've never hit my children and I've been a parent for over 15 years. My children have never been in trouble with LE and my oldest is on course to do very well in her GCSE's (exams at 16 in England)

I am retired now, but I can guarantee that the information I am providing is accurate for where I live. I was even on a committee once to deal with the huge costs of foster care where I live. I was on a committee with many professionals.

We were excited to think that there would be money for interventions,

Nope. It was all about that foster care was too expensive, so the goal was to have children stay with their families unless in dire situations. Yes, it is true.

It is all about money

It is NOT about the money! That is the LAW in every State in the USA. This is an issue I fight with almost daily because of my own personal perspective. The COURTS see parental rights as sovereign because our laws are designed that way. It has been that way from the beginning of time.
If you don't agree with the LAWS, change them! Until then, children will be kept with their parents and/or reunited with their parents because that is how our system is set up! That is a huge hole in our system...the belief that parents always know best and will do what is right for their children. I've seen courts give parents repeated chances to do better and in the end, I've seen dead children because some of these parents don't deserve 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances just because they are the biological humanoid who created a child. Don't blame the money. Blame the lawmakers who think this is acceptable.

I believe you are confused about what you are referring to as the CHIPS "system". There is a criteria used in EVERY state that qualifies a CPS report as screened in or screened out. CHIPS is just another acronym for a Child Protection system under the umbrella of Social Services.
A screened out report simply does not rise to the level of abuse or neglect. A "filthy" house does not tell us anything as the wording is very ambiguous and can be interpreted differently by different individuals. The report must be specific. Filthy is not specific. Is the home a health hazard? Why? Do they have running water? How are they bathing? Is there an insect infestation? Is there sewage backing up in the home? etc. etc. If you are not specific, your concerns may not rise to the level of neglect. Laundry piled up in the home, dirty dishes, dirty windows, floors, etc. are not considered a neglect issue...merely a bad housekeeping issue. You will find that many people are very judgemental about how they think other people should live....not how the law interprets how people should live. Poverty is not neglect. Poverty is not a crime.
Another thing is that you have the impression that screened out reports are referred back to the next time a report is made. That is patently false information. When a report is screened out, there is nothing entered about that family. The report is kept, but a total number of screened out reports do not impact whether or not a CPS investigation is undertaken. Only information that is made at the time of the report is under consideration. No one goes back into files to "see" if there were prior calls. Never, nada, doesn't happen.
This is not a money issue. The abuse/neglect criteria is determined by the lawmakers of your state and the federal government. If a report meets the criteria, it is investigated. Period. Every report is assigned a time frame depending on the severity of the allegations....everything from an immediate response to a few days. If a Social Worker/Investigator does not see the family within the assigned time frame, the case is considered out of compliance.
These are not optional rules. They are monitored closely and federal funding is drawn down based on individual criteria and policies. It has nothing to do with alcoholism, money or anything except the laws that are clearly spelled out for the public to see if you go to your local Social Services and click on the link for Children's Protective Services Policy Manual.

No offense, as you clearly are passionate and informed about this topic, but can you please provide some links to support your assertions?

Some of the information you are supplying is not supported by the information I've received in numerous training sessions, many of which were presented by my local DHS/CPS department.

TIA

No offense, as you clearly are passionate and informed about this topic, but can you please provide some links to support your assertions?

Some of the information you are supplying is not supported by the information I've received in numerous training sessions, many of which were presented by my local DHS/CPS department.

TIA

I clearly referred you to your local social services department and go to the Children's Services area. There you will find a link to the policy and procedure manual for your state. I cannot link you directly because the mods have said that asking what state you live in is "personal information".

Does it look like he has a vest/girdle/something under his shirt in this profile pic?

Looks to me like there is padding in the chest... And cinching at the waist...

:dunno:

He looks like an anime character ... Remember Speed Racer?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I clearly referred you to your local social services department and go to the Children's Services area. There you will find a link to the policy and procedure manual for your state. I cannot link you directly because the mods have said that asking what state you live in is "personal information".

Lol. I don't need to go to my local DHS site. My point was they come to me and train me and my fellow mandatory reporting teachers frequently and the information provided by them in their own training sessions don't support what you are saying.

I don't want this to go off topic, and I have no interest in arguing, so I thank you for your information, agree to disagree, and will continue to follow the directions provided by my local DHS training staff and screeners. When in doubt, I call a screener and ask. They've always been happy to assist.

I've been following Willow's case since day one, and these threads moved so fast, I never had a chance to really respond.

It's sad that a precious little girl has lost her life. And that it was at the hands of someone who should have been her protector-her uncle. I don't believe Willow was sexually assaulted. Until I see documents or charges saying JD molested Willow, I will stay with my opinion that she wasn't. I do think Willow was killed in the bathroom, though. Maybe Willow walked in on JD masturbating, and that's why he mentioned that he was in the bathroom watching *advertiser censored* and masturbating. JD got angry at Willow for walking in on him, and he killed her. At first I thought there was some truth to the impalement story, but there has been no evidence to support that story.

The DCFS being called doesn't really surprise me. Willow was initially reported missing and then found murdered. For safety reasons, NG was removed from the home. I hope that he will be able to return to the care of his mom after everything is sorted out.

All of this is strictly my opinion.

O/T: I know someone whose niece may or may not be being sexually assaulted by her grandfather. He has a history of it and he has sexually abused the little girl's mom and her aunt. Child Services has been called on several occasions, and the mom of the little girl was told that there was nothing that they could do. Maybe NC Analyzer could weigh in.

I've been following Willow's case since day one, and these threads moved so fast, I never had a chance to really respond.

It's sad that a precious little girl has lost her life. And that it was at the hands of someone who should have been her protector-her uncle. I don't believe Willow was sexually assaulted. Until I see documents or charges saying JD molested Willow, I will stay with my opinion that she wasn't. I do think Willow was killed in the bathroom, though. Maybe Willow walked in on JD masturbating, and that's why he mentioned that he was in the bathroom watching *advertiser censored* and masturbating. JD got angry at Willow for walking in on him, and he killed her. At first I thought there was some truth to the impalement story, but there has been no evidence to support that story.

The DCFS being called doesn't really surprise me. Willow was initially reported missing and then found murdered. For safety reasons, NG was removed from the home. I hope that he will be able to return to the care of his mom after everything is sorted out.

All of this is strictly my opinion.

O/T: I know someone whose niece may or may not be being sexually assaulted by her grandfather. He has a history of it and he has sexually abused the little girl's mom and her aunt. Child Services has been called on several occasions, and the mom of the little girl was told that there was nothing that they could do. Maybe NC Analyzer could weigh in.

CPS protocol would require the parents/caretakers NOT to allow the child to be around her grandfather. Period. If the mother has concerns, she shouldn't have to be told in the first place.
There may not be any evidence of sexual abuse and/or the child may not be old enough to verbalize what happened to her and/or she may not want to disclose the abuse. If that's the case, there is nothing anyone can do except protect the child.
This case would be referred to the DA. If the DA doesn't want to prosecute, that is his call. Courts require proof to prosecute.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler
Back