GUILTY FL - 'Hiccup Girl' Jennifer Mee charged in murder of Shannon Griffin

Oh, meant to ask, did I read that right that the judge said they'd stay until the jury got the case today/tonight?

That sounds right. The defense is going to rest after lunch, and it sounded like the prosecution may have a short rebuttal. I can see it going to the jury this afternoon. :twocents:

That sounds right. The defense is going to rest after lunch, and it sounded like the prosecution may have a short rebuttal. I can see it going to the jury this afternoon. :twocents:

Thanks I missed that. That's good news cause this case is a real snoozer. I'm surprised I made it this far.

Hoe long of a lunch break do they normally take?

Hoe long of a lunch break do they normally take?

The judge told the jurors to be back at 1:30. After they left, the defense asked for an extra 15 minutes. The judge said ok, so now 1:45.

Since the jurors were already gone, they will have to come back and just sit there for 15 minutes. :sigh:

Everyone in and getting seated.

Judge asks Jennifer if she can read and write. She says, "For the most part, yeah"

:doh:

She will not testify and the concoctions of her medications are not affecting her choice not to testify. Only went up to 10th grade.

Judge will include a lesser charge of manslaughter. Defense did not know state would ask for lesser charge.

The judge said something earlier about she didn't feel the state proved enough for one of the charges. I wonder if this is why the state chose to add manslaughter b/c if the jury only had guilty/not guilty choice, she might not get charged at all. Just thinking out loud.

This is the weirdest charging conference I've ever seen.

The 2nd degree felony *murder* based on robbery sounds like a winner.

*sorry, left out the murder part.

Judge is getting upset that they are still arguing charges when this should have aready been done. I know law can be tricky but it sounds like the lawyers have no clue what to do. Like they are taking a law class in the middle of the trial.

Judge is getting upset that they are still arguing charges when this should have aready been done. I know law can be tricky but it sounds like the lawyers have no clue what to do. Like they are taking a law class in the middle of the trial.

1st degree murder
Accessory after the fact
Manslaughter

Looks like those will be the choices for the jury.

ETA - I guess charging conferences are like making sausage, no one really ought to watch the process. lol

1st degree murder
Accessory after the fact
Manslaughter

ETA - I guess charging conferences are like making sausage, no one really ought to watch the process. lol

LOL! Thanks I have been home sick for a couple of days and this is what I have been waiting to hear. Either I am really slow or my fever is causing me to miss things!

LOL! Thanks I have been home sick for a couple of days and this is what I have been waiting to hear. Either I am really slow or my fever is causing me to miss things!

YW Hope you feel better soon. :)

She worked herself up into some tears while her attny was pleading for the mistrail, huh? I seriously expected the hiccupping to begin again. She must have weak solar plexus muscles that she can make spasm just by gulping air down fast.

1st degree murder
Accessory after the fact
Manslaughter

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sort of unrelated question, but why doesn't WAT's tweets update on the live stream page anymore? At least for me they stopped unless I refresh the whole page, noticed it during the RC trial and it's still like that.

Sort of unrelated question, but why doesn't WAT's tweets update on the live stream page anymore? At least for me they stopped unless I refresh the whole page, noticed it during the RC trial and it's still like that.

I normally don't pay attention to the tweets, but I have been watching the tweets for the last few minutes now and the time of tweets is updating but no new tweets yet. Ill let you know if mine does it w/o refreshing when one comes in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back