James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

And many of them got it wrong. We have had lots of people exonerated with DNA. It is important.

Less than 1% are exonerated with DNA. And most overturned cases are technicalities. In pure numbers most of the convictions are not wrong. And when you add in pleas...grand juries have stats on their side

]Sure is. I have looked at this up and down. I can not dismiss real evidence like DNA in favor of stories, scenarios and rumors that have no basis in fact. [/b]

IT has to stay in what happened that night for me. Not who knew who and how much make up did they have on and stuff not at all related to the actual crime.

Perhaps some reading is in order. It has everything to do with who knew who. That is why the Ramseys were never arrested let alone charged.

Please do not insult the intelligence of people who know exactly how this worked.

Tell me how many DAs would have bargained with evidence in a murder case to get a farking interview with the parents, four months later? Tell me how many DAs would have showed a tabloid reporter evidence in a murder case? Tell me how many DAs would have bowed to every request of any murder suspect's high powered lawyers?

And JMK was just a way to act like ML was actually doing something, when in reality, she was bowing at the altar called Ramsey.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

It's really not difficult to see, just open your eyes.

JMO

The DNA evidence is garbage, if you are ruling in IDI from the DNA evidence, think again. I think these trace/touch DNA advances are a step backwards in law enforcement and prosecutions. If it is so minute amount it is not even a full profile ... it is a breath on the wind, meaningless.

The DNA evidence is garbage, if you are ruling in IDI from the DNA evidence, think again. I think these trace/touch DNA advances are a step backwards in law enforcement and prosecutions. If it is so minute amount it is not even a full profile ... it is a breath on the wind, meaningless.

Exactly....I don't understand why the TDNA is being touted as evidence of the Ramseys being innocent. We don't even have the full 13 markers needed for a whole profile. I think about the Baton Rouge Serial Killer at times like this..

JMO

[/
QUOTE]
Exactly....I don't understand why the TDNA is being touted as evidence of the Ramseys being innocent. We don't even have the full 13 markers needed for a whole profile. I think about the Baton Rouge Serial Killer at times like this

In my humble opinion the reason it is being touted as evidence is that it is the only slim possiblity that the IDI's have to grab onto to try to make their case.

The fact that it could be the DNA of a factory worker in Thailand who has never set foot in the US, much less the Ramsey home, has to appear to remain irrelevent if you are an IDA because the TDNA is all you have to cling to.

For some reason this argument always brings to mind how many years Jeffrey MacDonald yelled about "unidentified" hair on Collette's (his wife)
body. I remember watching MacDonald looking right at the camera and saying "if they find out who's DNA that is, they will have the killer". He was absolutley correct. He finally got it tested and it was his.

I am not inferring that the TDNA is the Ramsey's, only that it reminds me that when the evidence of guilt is overwhelming, murderers, and their supporters, have to grasp whatever argument they can no matter how absurd it may be.

And many of them got it wrong. We have had lots of people exonerated with DNA. It is important.

Yes. And again TDNA is not the same as the DNA evidence used in past cases to exonerate the wrongly convicted. It just isn't the same thing, and you'd know that if you read any of the links or info that dozens of other members have posted.

I could have the touch DNA of dozens of people on my person and effects this moment. If my spouse kills me and my blood mixes with that TDNA, does that mean that my spouse didn't do it, but the dozens of other people with whom I had (or my clothing had) contact are the guilty parties?

No. :facepalm:

No one has ever been exonerated by TOUCH DNA.

I know. You know. Most everyone knows. :facepalm:

In fact, touch DNA is regarded with a bit of a fisheye by actual professionals by virtue of it's transient properties. It's like pollen. But of COURSE, it means the Ramseys aren't killers and pedophile rapists.

Sure.

I know. You know. Most everyone knows. :facepalm:

In fact, touch DNA is regarded with a bit of a fisheye by actual professionals by virtue of it's transient properties. It's like pollen. But of COURSE, it means the Ramseys aren't killers and pedophile rapists.

Sure.

You forgot to add kidnappers in the mix. Remember the handwriting did match Patsy on 24 out of 26 letters of the alphabet.

JMO

You forgot to add kidnappers in the mix. Remember the handwriting did match Patsy on 24 out of 26 letters of the alphabet.

JMO

But but but those kidnappers spent all day and night in the Ramsey's home raping, killing, authoring and staging. And preparing a pineapple snack whilst shatting in a box of sweets. Like you do.

So, you know, undetected. :rolleyes:

No one has ever been exonerated by TOUCH DNA.

Sure it has.. Tim Mathers for one..

It showed it was not him..

"The new hearings uncovered that DNA found on Hettrick's body did not match that of Masters' DNA. The hearings also revealed there had been substantial evidence not turned over to Masters' defense team during the previous trials. As a result, Masters conviction was overturned and prosecutors dropped the murder charge against him.
"

http://www.dnaforensics.com/touchdna.aspx

Of course they don't.. But this one was a disaster. IT was unbelievable how they did not preserve the scene. These cops were a disaster. No one can argue otherwise. I have seen many cases were cops did an amazing job. But not this case.

I don't agree at all. I've debated several cases, seen many scenes where the victim was still alive and the EMTs trampled and on the scene and alcohol swabbed touch DNA evidence away and people still get convicted. In court. With evidence. Fire scenes are notorious for compromised scenes but there are still convictions.

Yes, JB was moved but in the Darlie Routier case one boy was given CPR by the dad, showering him in blood, and the other was intubated and treated on the way to the hospital. A clean conviction in that case. That's because the totality of evidence is what matters most, not the purity of ever bit.

This scene was really better contained than most and had less outside contamination than many I've seen. I haven't seen enough about evidence collection to know how well it was done but I also haven't seen specific complaints either.

I don't agree at all. I've debated several cases, seen many scenes where the victim was still alive and the EMTs trampled and on the scene and alcohol swabbed touch DNA evidence away and people still get convicted. In court. With evidence. Fire scenes are notorious for compromised scenes but there are still convictions.

Yes, JB was moved but in the Darlie Routier case one boy was given CPR by the dad, showering him in blood, and the other was intubated and treated on the way to the hospital. A clean conviction in that case. That's because the totality of evidence is what matters most, not the purity of ever bit.

This scene was really better contained than most and had less outside contamination than many I've seen. I haven't seen enough about evidence collection to know how well it was done but I also haven't seen specific complaints either.

Well this one we will just disagree on.. They had a house that a child was taken from.. NO ONE should have been allowed in that house. IT was a crime scene from the moment the Police arrived.. IT should have all been preserved. JR should never have been sent to search without an Officer..
BPD messed this one up badly.

Sure it has.. Tim Mathers for one..

It showed it was not him..

"The new hearings uncovered that DNA found on Hettrick's body did not match that of Masters' DNA. The hearings also revealed there had been substantial evidence not turned over to Masters' defense team during the previous trials. As a result, Masters conviction was overturned and prosecutors dropped the murder charge against him.
"

http://www.dnaforensics.com/touchdna.aspx

First of all, not exonerated. His conviction was overturned and the murder charges dismissed. But not exonerated. As a matter of fact if I had to guess the conviction was overturned largely based on prosecutorial misconduct (not turning over exculpatory evidence) and possible perjury by one witness. Why do I think that? Because the man the touch DNA identified has not been arrested or charged. Also, if you research the case the misconduct by police and prosecutors is by far the most prominent discussion.

I'd have to get my hands on his appeals but judging from the sites I've read it wasn't just, or even mostly, the touch DNA. But then your source is DNA forensics website....of course they're going to focus on the DNA in the case!

First of all, not exonerated. His conviction was overturned and the murder charges dismissed. But not exonerated. As a matter of fact if I had to guess the conviction was overturned largely based on prosecutorial misconduct (not turning over exculpatory evidence) and possible perjury by one witness. Why do I think that? Because the man the touch DNA identified has not been arrested or charged. Also, if you research the case the misconduct by police and prosecutors is by far the most prominent discussion.

I'd have to get my hands on his appeals but judging from the sites I've read it wasn't just, or even mostly, the touch DNA. But then your source is DNA forensics website....of course they're going to focus on the DNA in the case!

He was exonerated. That is semantics..
IT is what it is.. The TDNA matched the boyfriend. That is all that matters.

But but but those kidnappers spent all day and night in the Ramsey's home raping, killing, authoring and staging. And preparing a pineapple snack whilst shatting in a box of sweets. Like you do.

So, you know, undetected. :rolleyes:

OMG, rolling here. Just rolling. I wonder if they were preparing the snack and shatting at the same time. How unhealthy if so...LOL:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::facepalm:

Well this one we will just disagree on.. They had a house that a child was taken from.. NO ONE should have been allowed in that house. IT was a crime scene from the moment the Police arrived.. IT should have all been preserved. JR should never have been sent to search without an Officer..
BPD messed this one up badly.

Mistakes were made at the scene, yes. But I've seen much, much worse with convictions.

No the problem was what happened after that day when the in fighting and biases came out, when the Ramseys were allowed to dictate the majority of the investigation. And don't think that isn't suspicious on their part.

Mistakes were made at the scene, yes. But I've seen much, much worse with convictions.

No the problem was what happened after that day when the in fighting and biases came out, when the Ramseys were allowed to dictate the majority of the investigation. And don't think that isn't suspicious on their part.

Sorry, But I believe had they run the scene correctly, Brought in dogs, and done a proper search, This would have a solution by now.

Sorry, But I believe had they run the scene correctly, Brought in dogs, and done a proper search, This would have a solution by now.

Okay. Exactly why would dogs and finding the body earlier have changed anything? With examples and explanation please.

Okay. Exactly why would dogs and finding the body earlier have changed anything? With examples and explanation please.

They would have been able to find the body ASAP.. Less evidence lost, Finding the body earlier.. I think it is really obvious..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back