James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Whom ever locked that door, didn't think about that but then who has other then French?
Patrol Sergeant Reichenbach thought the same thing when he saw the door and how it functioned during his walk-through of all four stories of the house

it's a given that he wasn't familiar with the floor plan and couldn't know that the WC didn't have windows/an exterior door. but the next thing he did was walk the outside perimeter of the house and he didn't see foot tracks or other disturbance in the frost/snow near the house. so if the WC did have windows/an exterior door and someone entered/exited that way, Reichenbach would have realized his mistake when he saw tracks/disturbance in the frost/snow corresponding to the location of the WC

another thing: FW was overheard calling out JB's name as he walked through the house. his daughter/JB's best friend was thought to be missing (in his home) about a year earlier and was finally located hiding somewhere (awake or asleep, I don't know). when asked about it, he said he was calling JB's name because maybe she was hiding somewhere, but that seems so odd in light of the RN

that's two lies.
plus,

--JB was asleep when brought home
--BR was not awake during the 911 call

what else?

how can IDI ignore what all this circumstantial evidence alludes to? <<<<< rhetorical question -- no answer required
how 'bout another whopper anyway?

PMPT
The pry marks discovered on two doors had not produced evidence of splintering on the ground below and Barbara Fernie, a close friend of Patsy's, had told the police that she had seen the pry marks before the murder and at that time they were already old.

Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation
We also resolved the issue of pry marks being seen on a back door on the Ramsey house. Team Ramsey had carried on quite a bit about the marks, which they said indicated an intruder. But a witness came forward to report that she had pointed out those very marks to Patsy Ramsey months before the murder. There was no intruder entry there, and the Ramseys knew it all along.

Foreign Faction
Mrs Fernie shared one additional tidbit of information with investigators that had been bothering her. She indicated that, late in the summer or early fall of 1996, she had observed damages to the latch area of an exterior screen door located on the rear south side of the Ramsey home. Mrs Fernie was concerned that perhaps a burglary attempt had been made to the home, and shared this information with Patsy.

They inspected the door and determined that the interior door exhibited no damages whatsoever. Patsy expressed no concern about the damaged screen door and suggested that perhaps John was responsible for the marks. He reportedly was always forgetting his keys and had broken into the house on other occasions.

Mrs Fernie indicated that she had seen a photograph of this same screen door displayed in an advertisement running in one of the Denver newspapers shortly after the murder. The advertisement, placed by Ramsey attorneys and taking up at least half of the page of the newspaper, purported that this may have been a possible point of entry used by the kidnapper of JonBenet.

This did not sit well with Mrs Fernie, because Patsy was fully aware that these damages had been inflicted upon the screen door weeks or months prior to the murder of JonBenet. The use of this particular photograph seemed to be an attempt to mislead the public about the evidence associated with the crime and the Fernies indicated that they severed their contact with the family following their observation of that advertisement.

JR woke up at 5:30 and PR woke up a few minutes later (5:33); JR took a shower while PR got dressed/freshened her makeup

PR found the RN at 5:45 and called 911 at 5:52; Officer French arrived at 5:59. JR told French that he had checked the house and it was still locked as it had been the night before and there was no sign of forced entry or struggle

that's a very small window to have checked the doors/windows and gotten dressed (because he was on his hands and knees wearing only his underwear while reading the RN as PR was calling 911) and to have checked Burke's room as well. 5:52 - 5:59 is seven minutes. even supposing that JR checked the house before reading the RN would frame all of it (including getting dressed and checking Burke's room) as approximately 5:47 - 5:59 (twelve minutes)

FW searched the basement just after 6am

PR told French that she checked JB's room before going downstairs and finding the RN. a little while later French overheard JR telling Detective Arndt that she went downstairs and found the RN and then checked JB's room

from ST's book:

exactly.
don't get me wrong but sometimes I visit acandyrose and when I read those interviews I always enjoy the part about them running up and down and up and down,it's hilarious!that's the part I really don't buy,what they claim to have done in this particular time frame...

Patrol Sergeant Reichenbach thought the same thing when he saw the door and how it functioned during his walk-through of all four stories of the house

it's a given that he wasn't familiar with the floor plan and couldn't know that the WC didn't have windows/an exterior door. but the next thing he did was walk the outside perimeter of the house and he didn't see foot tracks or other disturbance in the frost/snow near the house. so if the WC did have windows/an exterior door and someone entered/exited that way, Reichenbach would have realized his mistake when he saw tracks/disturbance in the frost/snow corresponding to the location of the WC

another thing: FW was overheard calling out JB's name as he walked through the house. his daughter/JB's best friend was thought to be missing (in his home) about a year earlier and was finally located hiding somewhere (awake or asleep, I don't know). when asked about it, he said he was calling JB's name because maybe she was hiding somewhere, but that seems so odd in light of the RN

BBM that is because there was not snow all over the ground. The snow was in places here and there and not a full ground cover. So There would not be foot prints in the snow.. If it was that cold the ground was frozen most likely and would not make footprints either. So an unknown perp could have easily walked away and not made any tracks whatsoever.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/?n=xmassnow2010

As per this NOAA site there was only a trace of snow that fell. Nothing more.
The temperature was really low and so the ground was most likely frozen..

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/CO/Boulder/1996-12-26

that's two lies.

plus,

--JB was asleep when brought home
--BR was not awake during the 911 call

what else?

how can IDI ignore what all this circumstantial evidence alludes to?
<<<<< rhetorical question -- no answer required

I am going to answer this, only because it's Monday and I like to be punished on Mondays...

The TDNA exonerates the Ramseys, don't you remember? All other evidence goes down the crapper because of the TDNA.

BBM.
He probably wasn't thinking straight or was hoping the ransom note was a prank.

<snipped>

Yes, it seems odd. But I think it was just mindset that she was missing. One would naturally call out for someone missing.

how 'bout another whopper anyway?

and then there's this: (post 273 in this thread)

Actually, there are three inconsistent versions that I&#8217;m aware of:

TT: Okay. (inaudible) Let&#8217;s go back to the 25th, sorry about that. Get home about nine, nine-fifteenish, Burke&#8217;s downstairs playing; do you remember what kind of toy that was?
JR: Oh, it was a little thing that kind of unfolded, and it was like car ramp or something and then it folded all back together and it made something else.
TT: Was it like (inaudible) . . .Was it like putting stickers on it?
JR: Well, it was a plastic thing he had to assemble and he had some stickers too, and uh, he was intent on getting it done before he went to bed, so . . .
TT: Did you help Burke get into his pajamas that night?
JR: Yeah, like I do every night.
LE interview, 1997

Meanwhile, I went downstairs to try to get Burke to come up to bed, but he was deeply involved in assembling the miniature parking garage he had received that morning. I could tell he wasn&#8217;t going to go to bed until the project was finished, so I settled down on the floor beside him. Helping him complete what his mind was focused on was the best way to get us both in bed quickly.
Death of Innocence (2000,) John and Patsy Ramsey, page 11

"Burke plays downstairs in the living room by the Christmas tree. He's trying to assemble a mechanical robot made of the Legos he got for Christmas, so I sit down on the floor to help him put it together, but it's way too complicated for tonight."
The Other Side of Suffering (2012,) John Ramsey, page 7

:notgood:

Iirc there was also fiber evidence of the rope found in JonBenet's bed. (. Vacuumings of her bed)

also something about a brown paper bag found in the guest bedroom containing some other rope? Fibers from that brown paper bag were also found on her bed. The Ramsey's deny the bag & rope belonged to them.

So the "intruder" musta carried that bag into her room at some point that night before the trip to the basement and the. At so e point later.....hid it in the guest bedroom

or maybe left the bag containing the rope they brought with them ...in the guest bedroom and only carried the used rope into her bedroom, leaving the bag always in the guest bedroom.

So the "intruder" brought with him a pineapple, a brown paper bag containing rope...but no pre-written ransom note.

Things that make me go hmmmmmm.

I thought the rope found in the guest bedroom in the brown bag was explained by Patsy as being rope used to decorate John Andrew Ramsey's Christmas tree in his bedroom. She said she had used a cowboy theme: boots, hats, rope (as little lassos or lariats) one year when putting a different tree in every room for the Christmas house tour.

Also wasn't it this rope that was sourced for the rope fibers found in JonBenet's bed?

I thought the rope found in the guest bedroom in the brown bag was explained by Patsy as being rope used to decorate John Andrew Ramsey's Christmas tree in his bedroom. She said she had used a cowboy theme: boots, hats, rope (as little lassos or lariats) one year when putting a different tree in every room for the Christmas house tour.

Also wasn't it this rope that was sourced for the rope fibers found in JonBenet's bed?

Fibers from the cord used to make the suspension ligatures were found in the bed.

I found this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379998449.266811.jpg

For some reason I can't copy and paste and bring stuff here from here....

BBM that is because there was not snow all over the ground. The snow was in places here and there and not a full ground cover. So There would not be foot prints in the snow.. If it was that cold the ground was frozen most likely and would not make footprints either. So an unknown perp could have easily walked away and not made any tracks whatsoever.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/bou/?n=xmassnow2010

As per this NOAA site there was only a trace of snow that fell. Nothing more.
The temperature was really low and so the ground was most likely frozen..

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/CO/Boulder/1996-12-26
although I can see how I left an opening by not wording it better my point was more that during his perimeter walk he would have noticed if exterior entry was possible from the WC, and would have gone back and opened that WC door using any means necessary

there is a bowl of fruit in front of us here. it seems like there is a pattern where you talk about only the cherries and apples while others talk about those in addition to the bananas, grapes, peaches, pears, strawberries and ... pineapple

One thing I noticed is Smit's comments (totally unrelated to the rope) about the possible fingerprints and smudged dust around the basement window. Iirc, Smit didn't join the investigative team until spring (March?) 1997. In my mind, it is questionable about the meaning of dust and fingerprints on that window that late in the investigation.

Also, the comments about melted ends on the rope found seemed to be boat or hiking rope. Didn't otg mention a good while ago that he noticed melted ends on the rope found on JonBenet?

It also seems clear that Patsy or any other family member had access to and used ropes although Patsy tried to, imo, to distance herself from knowing anything about any ropes. She did say John used ropes in boating and JAR used ropes in hiking.

ETA: Here's a link to the aforementioned otg post (it was Rashomon, not otg who made the comment about melted ends)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5751117&highlight=melted#post5751117

One thing I noticed is Smit's comments (totally unrelated to the rope) about the possible fingerprints and smudged dust around the basement window. Iirc, Smit didn't join the investigative team until spring (March?) 1997. In my mind, it is questionable about the meaning of dust and fingerprints on that window that late in the investigation.

Also, the comments about melted ends on the rope found seemed to be boat or hiking rope. Didn't otg mention a good while ago that he noticed melted ends on the rope found on JonBenet?

It also seems clear that Patsy or any other family member had access to and used ropes although Patsy tried to, imo, to distance herself from knowing anything about any ropes. She did say John used ropes in boating and JAR used ropes in hiking.

ETA: Here's a link to the aforementioned otg post (it was Rashomon, not otg who made the comment about melted ends)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5751117&highlight=melted#post5751117

The woman distanced herself from even a box of tissues, her own serving bowl, pineapple, rope, flashlight....her own sweater...

Huston, we have a problem!

The woman distanced herself from even a box of tissues, her own serving bowl, pineapple, rope, flashlight....her own sweater...

Huston, we have a problem!

RBBM: My favorite quote about the the serving bowl and spoon by Patsy: "It wasn't my setup!"

Yes, Houston we have a big problem...LOL

One thing that would have been different had Officer French found her body is that it would have been an uncontaminated crime scene. JR would not have had the opportunity to "readjust" the body (if indeed he had done so) or touch her at all, touch the tape, etc. And Patsy would not have been able to throw herself on the body, and the body itself would have remained in situ in the wine cellar until brought to the morgue. There would be no way that anyone could explain the parents' fibers from clothing worn THAT DAY being on the body, blanket, paint tote, tape. The ONLY explanation would be that the parents had handled the body BEFORE police found her- and that makes them involved in the crime.
It is not so much that evidence was "lost" or "expired". It is more a matter of evidence that was no longer uncontaminated by someone who would have no innocent reason to have their fibers present.

EXACTLY!!!!! thank you for posting what has been on my mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back