Cases from 1990-1999

Photo of Jessica at time of disappearance on left, and age progression to age 29 on the right
NCMC836647c1.jpg
NCMC836647e1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC836647c1.jpg
http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC836647e1.jpg

cain_jessica3.jpg
cain_jessica2.jpg
cain_jessica.jpg

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Aug 28, 1979
Sex: Female
Missing Date: Aug 17, 1997
Race: White
Age Now: 32
Height: 5'4" (163 cm)
Missing City: LA MARQUE
Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
Missing State : TX
Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States
Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC836647
Circumstances: Jessica's photo is shown aged to 29 years. She was last seen by friends at a local restaurant on the evening of August 17, 1997. Her vehicle was later found abandoned on the shoulder of I-45 South, near Highland Bayou Park, but Jessica's whereabouts are unknown.

Cain's truck was discovered locked and abandoned near the location her friend last saw her on Interstate 45 southbound at 5:00 a.m. that same day. Her wallet was on the driver's seat of the vehicle but her keys were missing. There was no sign of Cain at the scene and no damage to the truck, but the vehicle's camper appeared to have been tampered with.

Authorities are also searching for the driver of a mid-to-full-size white pickup truck who may have been a witness during the time Cain disappeared on the interstate. Witnesses reported seeing the car pursuing Cain's vehicle at a high rate of speed. The driver's truck is described as having a white toolbox mounted near the cab and a light bar with rotating yellow/orange lights. In addition, another possible witness is also being sought in connection with Cain's disappearance. He is described as an African-American male, approximately 25 to 32 years old with a short Afro-style haircut. The witness was driving a purple Dodge or Plymouth Neon at the time he may have seen Cain. Authorities believe the possible witness may be involved in the music industry.

A private investigator claimed that there was a possible link between Cain's disappearance and Jonathan David Drew. Drew was charged with the murder of Tina Michelle Flood in December 1998. He was employed as an automobile mechanic at the time Cain disappeared. The investigator said that Drew had access to a red Isuzu Amigo in August 1997. The Amigo was in the possession of a used car dealership where Drew occasionally worked. It is not known if Drew was the driver of the vehicle spotted behind Cain's truck on the day she disappeared. Cain's case is also being investigated along with the murders or disappearances of numerous other women from the Galveston County, Texas area since the 1970s. It is not known if any of the cases are connected to one another, but the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) and Texas law enforcement have formed Operation HALT (Homicide/Abduction Liason Team) to look into the possibilities. The disappearances of Sondra Ramber in 1983, Michelle Thomas in 1985 and Suzanne Richerson in 1988 are among the cases being investigated by Operation HALT.

Cain is described as a model teenager who had no enemies and would not run away from home. She had recently graduated from O'Connell High School and was due to start her freshman year at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas the week after her disappearance. She planned to major in criminology and drama. Cain's case remains unsolved.

http://www.crimestoppersgalveston.com/missing.aspx

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=369.0

http://www.myspace.com/missingjessicacain

http://www.lrcf.net/missing/JessicaCain/JessicaCain.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=836647&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2793

l.jpg

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/32/b945bd9cb8810728e12cf517eabfb462/l.jpg

I am appalled that people nor investigators give off the impression They care about some of theses cases now. One thing that I thought of was a girl being kidnapped by a man and raped with her throat cut and left for dead. She was left near a school and found alive. Years later DNA coughs the perp and he hanged himself in Dickinson jail. Could he have been a suspect in others?

I am appalled that people nor investigators give off the impression They care about some of theses cases now. One thing that I thought of was a girl being kidnapped by a man and raped with her throat cut and left for dead. She was left near a school and found alive. Years later DNA coughs the perp and he hanged himself in Dickinson jail. Could he have been a suspect in others?
Hard to believe, isn't it?

Are you talking about Jennifer Schuett? Dennis Bradford was the perp who attacked her, and I certainly do believe he could be responsible for more crimes. We might have a thread on him already in this forum. If not, I'll start one.

Because Schuett survived and was able to talk, despite her would be killer's intentions when he slit her throat, we've heard a first hand account of the vicious, cruel and inhuman acts waged by Dennis Bradford. Her voicebox was damaged by the blade he used, and doctors said she'd never speak again. Yet she went on to become a loud voice for the thousands of victims who didn't live to tell their tales. Such courage. May God bless her.

ETA: new thread
Jennifer Schuett -- Dennis Earl Bradford, Dickinson TX, August 1990 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here's a worksheet I've been using to compile data. It's not complete, but I thought it might be helpful, anyway. I'll post an updated version later.

Holy Cow, look at all those girls from 1971----am I seeing this correctly (small print)? Multiple women reported on the same day(s)?

Holy Cow, look at all those girls from 1971----am I seeing this correctly (small print)? Multiple women reported on the same day(s)?
That's correct. Debbie Ackerman and Maria Johnson were friends. The White girl was a separate incident, and thankfully, she escaped.

Sutherlin's date might be off by a day. For the most part, they're accurate. It's surprising how many pairs of friends are on these lists. I have to upload the revised worksheets. And I just saw where my photos are missing on the other thread. Darn photobucket! I moved some images into folders and the links are all messed up. Anyway, here's the thread.

Cases from 1970-1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The Doe Network:
Case File 2810DFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2810dftx.html
MKimbrell.jpg

Maria Socorro Kimbrell
Missing since June 19, 1991 from Huntsville, Walker County, Texas
Classification: Missing

• [*]Date Of Birth: May 13, 1963
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 190 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Red hair; possibly dyed brown. Brown eyes.
    [*]Dentals: Gold-filled window crown on #7 front tooth.
    [*]AKA: Maria uses her maiden name (Bobadilla) sometimes.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Kimbrell is missing from her home in Huntsville, Texas since mid-June 1991. Three weeks after the alleged date of her disappearance,

Maria's husband told other family members that she had gone to Honduras for a visit on June 19, 1991.
There is no evidence that she made the trip. All of her personal belongings were in her home at the time of her disappearance. She has not been seen since.

I wonder what her husband has been up to these past 20 years.
And how long after, did he remain in the area.
Perhaps he still does.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7447/1
(look at the newspaper clipping added to the case file)

"They discovered their 15-year-old half-brother, Daniel Kimbrell, was now an orphan. Their father, James Kimbrell, had died of a heart attack on Dec. 28, 1998, and Daniel's mother, Maria Bobadilla Kimbrell, was nowhere to be found."

HOW WEIRD!!!! How is it that a daughter and son of a man had no idea his wife went missing seven years earlier??? [EDIT] I guess I should have read further on...

Kimbrell's children from a previous relationship remained estranged from him, having grown up victims of his abuse, they explained.

Update: Carolyn Sue Harris has been located.
Posting of Carolyn Harris is on page 4 of this thread.

Do to mistake on filing, she was missing for 22 years. The mistake was her missing date was wrong. That was the day it was reported. But she went missing a little over a month before. They never looked at cold cases or Jane doe cases before this date.

My name is Mark Harris. I am Carolyn's brother.
My father and I reported Carolyn missing in May of 1993 after no contact with her for over a month.

Carolyn has been located. A body of a women was located April 1, 1993. She was murdered on March 30,1993. Her body was found April 1, 1993. Because she had never been arrested and no ID was found with the body, the case was marked as a Jane Doe.

In October of 2015, we were contacted my Houston Missing Persons Detective Busy.
He informed us they may have located a cold case file that could match her description.

See in or around 2011. Houston received a grant to intern 12 unknowns from the Houston Unknown Cemetery. DNA was to be collected from these 12 people and put in the data base.
Since my sister and I have the same parents, my DNA would be the closest match.
In December of 2015, the match was verified.

Since then, we have been working with Houston PD and a local funeral home to get her death certificate amended from Jane doe to Carolyn Harris so we can bring her remains back home.

My sister is survived by myself, her father John, her mother Pam and her daughter Beth.

Sad story of this all besides getting the news of my sisters passing is the story of my sisters daughter. In 1990, my sister had a baby girl. But at the time, my sister was not able to care for a child. So she gave her up for adoption to a loving family in Dallas. After her birth, my sister moved back and forth a lot from Dallas to Houston.
Beth never met her mother. But in 1994, my father and I were contacted by Beth's adoptive family. We were blessed to be able to be apart of Beth's entire life growing up. Beth always asked about her real mother growing up. Her aboptive family was very open with everything. Beth always wanted to meet her mother.
Also in 2014, Beth's adoptive mother passed away. So the news now of her real mothers passing has been very hard on her and everyone else.

We are hopeful that Houston PD and the funeral home gets off their butt soon so we can bring my sister home. We have been pushing but red tape from a Jane doe to identification has slowed things down.
My father and I are hoping to head to Houston soon to light a fire under their butts.

But thankfully she has been found. It's sad news of her passing and no leads on her death but at least my family can work on getting closer after 22 years.

bcfd144, I'm so sorry for your loss. The not knowing for 22 years had to have been hard on the family. Praying you and your family are able to find closure after so many years.

Godspeed, bcfd144. I pray Carolyn will be returned home to her loved ones very soon, and that you get all of the answers you need. Thank you for the update. Please keep us posted on any further developments.

Need some assistance. I am currently working with a documentary team that is covering the case of Melissa Witt from Fort Smith, Arkansas. She was kidnapped on December 1st, 1995 and her body was found in 1995. We are searching for other unsolved cases in Arkansas and in Texas of young women that were kidnapped and found strangled. Melissa Witt was found in the national forest - she was completely nude. We are interested in looking at any case that is remotely similar to that of Melissa Witt as we work to cross match a suspect in her case to other murders. It is well believed that this suspect is a serial killer. Any help that anyone could provide would be beneficial.

Need some assistance. I am currently working with a documentary team that is covering the case of Melissa Witt from Fort Smith, Arkansas. She was kidnapped on December 1st, 1995 and her body was found in 1995. We are searching for other unsolved cases in Arkansas and in Texas of young women that were kidnapped and found strangled. Melissa Witt was found in the national forest - she was completely nude. We are interested in looking at any case that is remotely similar to that of Melissa Witt as we work to cross match a suspect in her case to other murders. It is well believed that this suspect is a serial killer. Any help that anyone could provide would be beneficial.
Melissa Witt's name came up in my review of the Morgan Nick case. Morgan went missing from ballfields in Alma, Arkansas on 6/9/95. Her whereabouts or whether she is alive/dead is unknown at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I see your looking into Morgan already. Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JLCoibion.jpg
JLCoibion1.jpg

Jennifer Lynn Coibion
Missing since May 22, 1994 from Houston, Harris County, Texas.

Classification: Endangered Missing

* Date Of Birth: May 14, 1974
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 115 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. She wears contacts and seldom wears glasses.
* Clothing: White shorts and a white shirt.
* Dentals: Available
* Other: Addicted to crack cocaine.

Coibion was last seen at the 9200 block of Interstate 45 on the service road near Mount Houston Road, in Houston on May 22, 1994.
She was seen at about 02.00 getting into a yellow station wagon after an argument with her boyfriend. Jennifer bolted from the confrontation to seek refuge in a yellow station wagon driven by a strange man. As the vehicle sped away, her boyfriend copied its license plate number and called police.

When Coibion was a senior in high school, she became addicted to crack cocaine. For about 18 months, Jennifer's disappearance was treated solely as a missing-person case. By the time the yellow station wagon was located at a wrecker storage lot, it had been purchased by another individual and thoroughly cleaned. There were no blood stains, no indication a crime might have occurred in it.

Police suspect foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Houston Police Department
713-308-3664

Agency Case Number: 562806-94
NCIC Number: M-021735807
The Doe Network: Case File 515DFTX

The Doe Network: Jennifer Lynn Coibion - 515DFTX

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/coibon_jennifer.html

Jennifer was found deceased in 1995:
TX - TX - Jennifer Coibion, 20, Houston, 22 May 1994

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member