WA - Father, 4-year-old son in hospital for heroin overdose

Injected? So this was intentional. The kid didn't just get into the drugs.
No words either. :facepalm:

Why? Why in the name of all things sacred would you turn your own child into a heroin addict?

Forgive me, but I hope right now that guy is dope sick and he won't get any methadone or subbies. I pray this is the first time this little guy was drugged and he won't be in pain or withdrawls. Tougher yet will be explaining to the poor child what has happened. Further on up the road he will know.

What in the FFKKK?!?!?! :stormingmad:

I don't have enough swear words.

Neighbors tell KIRO-7 the mother and son were visiting the boy’s father after moving out months ago. “Actually it's really sad for me to know that,” said neighbor Karla Busenbark. She believed the boy’s father had a serious drug problem for years. “ It’s hard to even believe a father who is suffering from his own drug needs or addictions would inflict it on his own child,” she said.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/only-kiro-7-father-4-year-old-son-overdose-heroin/nZ6XK/

Holy COW!! How do I know she didn't inject; or did he....it's absotuckinfutely terrible. Poor little baby! I wonder if she brought him the drugs. There is more to this; I'm sure of it. IMO

Neighbors tell KIRO-7 the mother and son were visiting the boy’s father after moving out months ago. “Actually it's really sad for me to know that,” said neighbor Karla Busenbark. She believed the boy’s father had a serious drug problem for years. “ It’s hard to even believe a father who is suffering from his own drug needs or addictions would inflict it on his own child,” she said.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/only-kiro-7-father-4-year-old-son-overdose-heroin/nZ6XK/

Miz thank you for this. That changes alot.

So many questions. Did mom think the dad got clean so visited? Why did she go out? How long was she out? Is she a recovering addict?

Heroin addicts do not like to share. They wouldn't even give their own mother a bag if they had an extra. FWIW they may steal their kids video games to sell or break open their kids piggy bank for money, but wouldn't purposely give their own child that habit.

So? Murder-suicide? Him being an addict and knowing his dope he'd know how to OD that's for sure.

I don't know????????? How would you get a four year old to sit still while you tried to find a vien and tie them off and inject them? He had to have done the child first. Maybe he just skin popped him?

I just don't know. Bless that poor little guy. Now he's going to wonder where his dad is.

Isn't it possible that the father was so wasted, that he injected his son because he thought it'd be cool for him to be high too? I mean, that logic doesn't fly with sober people, but what about those high on heroin? "I love my son so much...man...I want him to feel as good as I do right now". That kind of thing.

It's hard for me not to assume this was a particularly twisted murder-suicide attempt.

Maybe the sick-minded father felt giving the kid some h would make him stop crying or running around. He probably didn't want the kid blowing his high.

Maybe.......

Sick man.

Isn't it possible that the father was so wasted, that he injected his son because he thought it'd be cool for him to be high too? I mean, that logic doesn't fly with sober people, but what about those high on heroin? "I love my son so much...man...I want him to feel as good as I do right now". That kind of thing.

Flutterby I understand what you mean, but honestly no. You wouldn't want your worse enemy to get a habit. Not to mention he knew the danger of an OD. Plus if they both OD'd he had to hit the child up first. Unless and it's very doubtful the poor kid picked up the needle himself and it was already loaded. That's impossible though.

This is something I just can't wrap my head around. I know people have given their kids methadone to drink or put heroin in a bottle or something to keep them quiet, and that's bad enough, but this?

Heroin isn't a kind of wasted high. Somebody like that guy probably just maintained. Had to use just to be normal, and not sick. People OD often after they have just gotten out of rehab or haven't used in a long time. IF he had that logic then he was right out of his dang mind that he wanted his son high. Nothing but prison and death and pain and sickness come with heroin use.

Thank goodness this child survived.

Murder-suicide sounds like it as Ariane said. Heroin users often commit suicide especially after relapsing for years. There's no hope. However, murdering your own child? Cherry may be right as well that there's way more to this. I can't see even the worse father in the world holding his child down to shoot him up. Their veins are so tiny. It's a wonder the guy found a decent vein on himself.

This breaks my heart.

He probably didn't want the kid blowing his high.

You always hit the nail on the head! Bingo! You and wfgodot do it in few words as well. I wish I could be brief.:seeya:

If so though what the heck did he think the mom would do when she saw the poor child itching and scratching and nodding?

This has freaked me out. Who does that? Who? Besides that witch that shot her little girl up with meth. I seriously dislike this world sometimes.

My cousin always said that when he was done with life he was going to overdose on heroin.
He said that was how he wanted to go.
I'm also believing a murder/suicide attempt here as well.

Don't they say that men kill their kids to hurt the mother? I can't remember what case I picked that up on--you don't see it that often, thankfully. But it did stick with me.

Wow, this story is so depressing I just had to re-read to remember that they are both alive still.

Don't they say that men kill their kids to hurt the mother? I can't remember what case I picked that up on--you don't see it that often, thankfully. But it did stick with me.

That is my thought also. My complete and absolute speculation, and remember friends I HATE speculation, is that mom went to visit with kid after dad told her he had been clean for "x" days. Mom arrives, sees dude clean, is convinced to let him have a visit. Dude does his thing. Murder suicide attempt. Then again, I am bad at speculation.

My cousin always said that when he was done with life he was going to overdose on heroin.

He better pray they don't find him and keep him alive on a venilator while he's drooling and trapped for the rest of his life in a care facility just for cases like that. My SIL takes care of quite a few young people that happened to. Otherwise the dope out there is so pure he'll be on his way.

In this case both the father and son are still sedated. They're waiting for tox to come back. They do not believe anyone else is involved. I can't imagine this poor mom sitting by her little guy's hospital bed. Unimaginable.

He better pray they don't find him and keep him alive on a venilator while he's drooling and trapped for the rest of his life in a care facility just for cases like that. My SIL takes care of quite a few young people that happened to. Otherwise the dope out there is so pure he'll be on his way.

In this case both the father and son are still sedated. They're waiting for tox to come back. They do not believe anyone else is involved. I can't imagine this poor mom sitting by her little guy's hospital bed. Unimaginable.

Nah unfortunately my cousin has planned it pretty well. He wouldn't screw it up.
His now ex wife was paralyzed from the neck down.
He married her after the accident, she never once had a bed sore while they were married.
He was a real success story for several years. Too bad he's not anymore.

This guy obviously screwed it up (thankfully) if his intention was to kill them both.

What I can't believe is none of the big news outlets in town are reporting a thing about it. Not a word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back