Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw today on the news that there is a settlement conference scheduled for her to meet with prosecutors.. Now I have to tell you, That I would be happy to give her life in prison/no parole for a complete truthful accounting of what happened that day.

Jodi will never give a complete truthful accounting of what happened. No matter what, it will never happen. There could be a video that had recorded the entire thing and she would still lie about her actions. If Juan or anyone else wants to give Jodi a deal based on her telling the truth of what she did, better to just go forward with the trial instead.

MOO

Jodi will never give a complete truthful accounting of what happened. No matter what, it will never happen. There could be a video that had recorded the entire thing and she would still lie about her actions. If Juan or anyone else wants to give Jodi a deal based on her telling the truth of what she did, better to just go forward with the trial instead.

MOO

I don't know.. I think she might be willing to to save her life. I am sure that is the only way the family and Juan would agree to it.

She is already guilty, That was the most important part. She was found guilty of the aggravator. So I don't see the point really. I don't think she will get death at this point. I'm not the family so my vote really doesn't count, but I think life w/out parole would be okay. She killed this man and deserves to give her life for his.

I saw today on the news that there is a settlement conference scheduled for her to meet with prosecutors.. Now I have to tell you, That I would be happy to give her life in prison/no parole for a complete truthful accounting of what happened that day.

BBM

That's my fervent wish.

How would you ever know if she was telling the truth? All she has done is lie so far, don't see that ever changing. :stormingmad:
Because it will match the evidence. Remember she was lying about things that the evidence proves she did. Her big thing is she can not remember.

She knows exactly what she did and when and I bet the police and Juan have a great idea too.. So If she was telling the truth they would know.

My belief is that Nurmi wants only to assure her life is spared, so he is receptive to bargains offered. He understands the odds. The convict, however, wants to gamble on results of the mini-sentencing trial. Know it all that she most assuredly is, she thinks she might extract some legal benefit from proceeding, since she cannot get a reduced sentence from her negotiations with the State. That, of course, was her first choice. The State would not yield on that. So, as usual, Nurmi and the convict are coming at this from two different angles, as though his experience & education were worthless. He knows if he ever jumps off and actually tries this case, a jury could sentence her to death. She doesn't believe they would. No wonder he doesn't like her nine days out of ten and can't divulge the boiling match really going on between them.

My belief is that Nurmi wants only to assure her life is spared, so he is receptive to bargains offered. He understands the odds. The convict, however, wants to gamble on results of the mini-sentencing trial. Know it all that she most assuredly is, she thinks she might extract some legal benefit from proceeding, since she cannot get a reduced sentence from her negotiations with the State. That, of course, was her first choice. The State would not yield on that. So, as usual, Nurmi and the convict are coming at this from two different angles, as though his experience & education were worthless. He knows if he ever jumps off and actually tries this case, a jury could sentence her to death. She doesn't believe they would. No wonder he doesn't like her nine days out of ten and can't divulge the boiling match really going on between them.

I don't know. I think something has to have happened between them and the DA to even be having the hearing. I think there may be a compromise in the works.

I don't know. I think something has to have happened between them and the DA to even be having the hearing. I think there may be a compromise in the works.

“The court asked if the parties would be willing to discuss a potential settlement,” said Maricopa County Attorney spokesman Jerry Cobb. “Consistent with what the County Attorney has said all along, the State is always willing to discuss possible resolutions to the case. Neither side has presented an outline of an agreement or an official position to the court.” Source: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130925arias-sit-prosecutors-settlement-conference.html

CMJA has been tweeting again over the past few days and there is no hint of a plea in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if she found out about this after the conference was scheduled.

Likewise, her family gives no indication of any kind of plea; to the contrary they say that the current slow pace will end, asking people to exercise patience with a suggestion that more fireworks are in store.

Looks like time alone and a conviction have done nothing to change the attitude or behavior of CMJA. If her family is informed, be prepared for more low-down dirty tactics and lies in the retrial.

From what I understand, the hearing coming up the October 24th is nothing unusual, something all penalty phase trials do. BUT, we can hope!

IMO, there is no way that Missy Arias will settle. She still thinks she will get 25 to life less her jail stay (20 or less) through another trial - probably from another mistrial and sentence from the judge. Why would she settle for LWOP, which means her natural miserable life forever? Why not roll the dice? What does she have to lose? She refuses to believe that a jury will give her a death sentence until they do, which will be a total shock to her, and even then, she'll feel that it will be overturned through appeals.

There is no way the prosecution or Alexander family will settle for Arias getting 25 to life. It's a stretch for them to accept LWOP. So, although I know it's a natural procedure and will happen regardless, IMO, it will be a total waste of time. More Missy in the spotlight.......

**all my opinion**

“The court asked if the parties would be willing to discuss a potential settlement,” said Maricopa County Attorney spokesman Jerry Cobb. “Consistent with what the County Attorney has said all along, the State is always willing to discuss possible resolutions to the case. Neither side has presented an outline of an agreement or an official position to the court.” Source: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130925arias-sit-prosecutors-settlement-conference.html

CMJA has been tweeting again over the past few days and there is no hint of a plea in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if she found out about this after the conference was scheduled.

Likewise, her family gives no indication of any kind of plea; to the contrary they say that the current slow pace will end, asking people to exercise patience with a suggestion that more fireworks are in store.

Looks like time alone and a conviction have done nothing to change the attitude or behavior of CMJA. If her family is informed, be prepared for more low-down dirty tactics and lies in the retrial.

Just because she tweets it does not make it so.. ;)

It is JA we are talking about. She does not want to die. My guess is she really does want a plea deal but will not admit it to her 23 fans. She wants to have the appearance of I am the martyr while begging for her life in private. Remember she is going to teach people to read.. She has plans..

In the book Picture Perfect, Shanna Hogan describes Ryan looking a lot like Travis. Creepy, but I think people whom are heartbroken go for look alikes sometimes. Remember the episode of Friends where Rachel dated a Ross look a like then dumped him when the gang pointed it out? What is creepy IMO is to kill a guy and then go straight to his supposed look alike'a house right after and make out with him. That should have been pointed out, but with all the stupid objections, how would it have gotten out? I don't think the jury was that observant, at least to pick that one up. After reading Picture Perfect, I don't get why she was so obsessed with Travis. Yeah, he seemed cool, but as a friend. I could never marry a guy who flirted that much nor made it clear we weren't getting married. Darryl Brewer seemed to care more for her. Poor Travis was impressed that a girl as pretty as Jodi was liked him. Darryl seemed to really care about Jodi. As for Nurmi, I think he's just wanting to wrap this case up and get her out of his hair. I don't blame him at all.

No defense attorney, including Nurmi, wants to end a case his defendant having received the death penalty. Ruinous.

Nope. Totally routine.

Times like this make me wish we had that guy from the show Lie To Me . He would have exposed every lie and revealed the truth. It's like, they're vegan now there I think, so dangle a steak in front of her for the truth . I'll pitch in for the steak if she spills the actual truth . Cut up the pieces for her though.

This just posted on the State vs JA page

Steven Alexander: I sure hope the excuse of spending tax payers money doesn't provide a roadmap to future murderers escaping true justice. Travis Alexander was a tax payer!

----

MOO

:goodpost:

I think she will make a plea,if she was told she would have to wear her prison garb,no way she will prance around in front of us like that,that is how self centered she is,really,shackles and prison stripes,no way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw