Humiliating Police Search Caught on Cam

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...D-Investigation-Into-Bra-Shaking-Traffic-Stop

Lawyer, Woman Critical of LPD Investigation Into Bra-Shaking Traffic Stop
Zoe Brugger says LPD seemed to take issue less seriously than it should.
By Matthew Pleasant
THE LEDGER

LAKELAND | The police department investigation into a now-notorious bra and car search were a "white wash," according to a retired lawyer whose complaints set it in motion.

"It's an amazing thing in my mind that they're going to sweep that under the rug," said Richard Wiley, who knows the woman who was subjected to the searches. "It was such abuse."...

I hate to defend the cop at all, but she was pulled over for a problem with her headlights. :truce:

I've been sitting at my computer and watching HLN. HLN has run the video of her shaking her bra about 10,000 times in the last hour. :rolleyes: Some are closeups. :banghead:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...D-Investigation-Into-Bra-Shaking-Traffic-Stop

Lawyer, Woman Critical of LPD Investigation Into Bra-Shaking Traffic Stop
Zoe Brugger says LPD seemed to take issue less seriously than it should.
By Matthew Pleasant
THE LEDGER

LAKELAND | The police department investigation into a now-notorious bra and car search were a "white wash," according to a retired lawyer whose complaints set it in motion.

"It's an amazing thing in my mind that they're going to sweep that under the rug," said Richard Wiley, who knows the woman who was subjected to the searches. "It was such abuse."...

I hate to defend the cop at all, but she was pulled over for a problem with her headlights. :truce:

This made me lmao..... :floorlaugh:

You are a bad, bad man for that headlight joke, Steely! :nono: :lol:

That search is crazy! I would have told him NO SHOW FOR HIM unless he pays to look! :mad:

You are a bad, bad man for that headlight joke, Steely! :nono: :lol:

That search is crazy! I would have told him NO SHOW FOR HIM unless he pays to look! :mad:

How much for an emailed picture? :slap: Bad Steely!! :truce:

I think some are making a big deal out of nothing. So she shook her bra a few times? It's not like he stuck his hand inside or made an up close inspection. Big deal. Has she ever worn a bikini? Nothing showed that wouldn't show at poolside, imo.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...-Search-Caught-on-Cam_New-York-212472721.html

Florida cops are under fire after one forced a woman to lift her shirt and shake out her bra during a routine traffic stop. WFLA-TV's Josh Green reports.

What the :censored: It sounds like there was no probable cause for this search. She was pulled over for a busted headlight.

[bbm]

she was pulled over for the headlight but she had an invalid license, which if she was under arrest, gives them probable cause to search - the issue apparently is whether she was told she was under arrest

I feel bad for her - she looked devastated and humilated in the video but was clearly compliant - remaining at a safe distance with open, limp body language

I'm normally on LE's side but this scares me - this is too police-state-ish for my liking

I'm glad to see that the other police officer told the truth, despite the Blue Wall

I think some are making a big deal out of nothing. So she shook her bra a few times? It's not like he stuck his hand inside or made an up close inspection. Big deal. Has she ever worn a bikini? Nothing showed that wouldn't show at poolside, imo.

So do they routinely make men lift up and shake out their junk on the side of a highway? I don't think so.

The officer crossed the line.

What if a woman with a prosthetic breast was asked to do the same and her prosthetic fell out? Would that be humiliating enough?

Katydid, the policeman's request was way out of line. There is absolutely no way that any woman should ever be subject to such a request during a simple traffic stop. This woman had just given birth a few days earlier and was seriously tramatized by the affair.

If there had been a need to search her, there is a proper protocol to follow.

The officer should have been terminated.

It was not a simple traffic stop. She was driving with an invalid license and was arrested. Isn't someone searched carefully when arrested? She could have had a knife or some drugs hidden in her bra. How would he know if he never checked?

I think she was traumatized because she was busted for driving illegally. jm0 Her breasts were never visible and never touched in any way. She just shook her bra. I don't see what the big deal is?

Katydid, the policeman's request was way out of line. There is absolutely no way that any woman should ever be subject to such a request during a simple traffic stop. This woman had just given birth a few days earlier and was seriously tramatized by the affair.

If there had been a need to search her, there is a proper protocol to follow.

The officer should have been terminated.

He was "suspended" for a day. I'm guessing it's a paid suspension. So I think it's like giving him a paid day off. The article doesn't say, it's just what I believe.

It was not a simple traffic stop. She was driving with an invalid license and was arrested. Isn't someone searched carefully when arrested? She could have had a knife or some drugs hidden in her bra. How would he know if he never checked?

I think she was traumatized because she was busted for driving illegally. jm0 Her breasts were never visible and never touched in any way. She just shook her bra. I don't see what the big deal is?

She was not arrested. She told the cop not to search the car, a search without consent is unconstitutional unless she's under arrest. Also, asking her to shake her *advertiser censored* for him is against department protocol.

This is exactly what happens when our constitutional rights are gradually chipped away
... People don't even KNOW their RIGHTS anymore. No big deal? Ha! Huge deal IMO

.... I live in the United States of America and I have rights as a citizen!

Good grief!

This is exactly what happens when our constitutional rights are gradually chipped away
... People don't even KNOW their RIGHTS anymore. No big deal? Ha! Huge deal IMO

.... I live in the United States of America and I have rights as a citizen!

Good grief!

A friend of mine who had to flee Libya many, many years ago in the middle of the night, told me this. You don't lose your rights all at once, they are slowly taken away one by one.

So do they routinely make men lift up and shake out their junk on the side of a highway? I don't think so.

The officer crossed the line.

What if a woman with a prosthetic breast was asked to do the same and her prosthetic fell out? Would that be humiliating enough?

BBM

O/T but once I was almost arrested for smuggling pythons.

Garter snakes. snort.

Look. Here's my issue. While the officers do have the right to search if someone is in custody...for their safety (and they DO have a right to be safe), this is not a search. A search is like you get when you fly - bladed hand, same sex (and call for one, and wait if necessary), telling a person what you'll touch and how you'll touch BEFORE you touch...no way is bra-shaking a) a sufficient search for safety or b) the typical and accepted search procedure.

I back most cops all the way...they do a tough job, and they generally do it well. Shoot, they run TOWARDS the bullets when everyone else is running the other way. This cop? Not so much...this is not an accepted way to search a female, and it's unsafe for the cop let alone yes it's humiliating to do that in public, in front of a man you don't know, who has a whole lot of power in this situation.

I'm glad she's got a lawyer...and I'm glad we're talking about it. Some things are utterly NOT acceptable, and this is one of them.

Best-
Herding Cats

Anacondas? :)

No, it was mine.

Garter snakes. snort.

Look. Here's my issue. While the officers do have the right to search if someone is in custody...for their safety (and they DO have a right to be safe), this is not a search. A search is like you get when you fly - bladed hand, same sex (and call for one, and wait if necessary), telling a person what you'll touch and how you'll touch BEFORE you touch...no way is bra-shaking a) a sufficient search for safety or b) the typical and accepted search procedure.

I back most cops all the way...they do a tough job, and they generally do it well. Shoot, they run TOWARDS the bullets when everyone else is running the other way. This cop? Not so much...this is not an accepted way to search a female, and it's unsafe for the cop let alone yes it's humiliating to do that in public, in front of a man you don't know, who has a whole lot of power in this situation.

I'm glad she's got a lawyer...and I'm glad we're talking about it. Some things are utterly NOT acceptable, and this is one of them.

Best-
Herding Cats

BBM

This post was completed while on Ambien. :sigh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads