Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

Hmmmmm........was this picture taken the day/night Gary and his co-worker's arrived at the resort? Maybe a waiting area before checking in or having dinner? Does the background in this picture look familiar to any of the locals? One thing that i see is that Gary is wearing a light red and white either checked or stripe shirt and blue jeans. But what I also see is 2 other guys wearing checked shirts. (1) of them possibly of pink/purple (pink/blue) checked (depends how one sees it @ 12:00 midnight or thereof. Sooooo, jmoo, could it be possible that between 12:00-12:15 am that it wasn't Gary on Watkins Rd and maybe one of his co-workers, possibly worried......or possibly checking to see GARY'S welfare because of the possible larger amount of money and cocaine in play? Maybe he jumped in a car from the get go, maybe right down the hill from the resort. He did say something to the fact of being back in a minute. Maybe 1 co-worker caught that and realized that he wasn't even back in 5 or 10 minutes. Just food for thought. Sorry this picture got me wound up again. Just my speculation. We'll see what comes out of the corridors next.....:fence:

Checked shirts, short hair, and the clean-cut look are definitely the style.

Could have been a mix-up in identities. Could also have been someone else on Gary's phone on Watkins Road, if Gary left his phone behind because he knew the dealer was there and waiting, and he was coming right back.

I’ve been searching and searching trying to find out how it is decided which police jurisdiction makes an arrest .. with no luck on Aussie sites.

But on an international site it says:

If an officer witnesses you break a law in their jurisdiction, they can and will follow you into another jurisdiction to make an arrest.

http://criminal.lawyers.com/Crimina...Where-Can-the-Police-Make-Arrests.html?page=2

Now, with Pambos being arrested by Blue Mountains LAC for distributing a large quantity of drugs in Sydney’s inner west, and Pambos does not live in the Blue Mountains, does that mean that he may have bought/picked up the large quantity of drugs from someone in the Blue Mountains and then taken them to Sydney to sell?

If that is the case, I guess Gary’s drug connection that night may have been, not with Pambos, but via Pambos with the supplier of Pambos drugs, or a smaller more-local dealer who was known to Pambos/the supplier of Pambos large quantity of drugs.

Did he then have an argument with the intermediary (as someone said before, Gary expecting his usual 'credit' situation and the intermediary said 'no way', and a couple of bins got knocked over in the scuffle)?

Or did he get screwed out of the drugs and the cash he was carrying for the purchase, and get thrown over a cliff in an area that was close enough for Gary to perhaps be ‘lost’ there, and well-hidden enough for him to be perhaps never found?

Would really like to know how the Blue Mountains LAC had jurisdiction over Pambos arrest.

Respectfully snipped by me...
It has bugged me that it was reported that colleagues said he was on Watkins Rd and they were asking him to check letterboxes for location....

the media report said they asked Gary to check 'in' the letterboxes ...
Police were checking residents property for Gary - but possibly drugs as well (JMO).

02 sept 13
They pleaded with him to stay where he was and to look in a letter box to find out exactly where he was on Watkins Road.

The number is on the outside of the box :facepalm:
And Watkins Road letterboxes have numbers.

I screenshot'd these for another post I didn't end up posting ...
They can go here now -
But at night, these aren't the easiest to see, except where the lights are on Watkins Road. But I would guess police checked all the letterboxes.

Attachments

• signposts on Watkins road lb12.jpg
    signposts on Watkins road lb12.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
  • signposts on Watkins road lb14.jpg
    signposts on Watkins road lb14.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 14
  • signposts on Watkins road lb18 22.jpg
    signposts on Watkins road lb18 22.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 12
  • signposts on Watkins road lb 24.jpg
    signposts on Watkins road lb 24.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 11
The Pambos arrest article is another msm which needs some scrutiny ...

Next to the timeline is text from the Source of the article:

Pambos TimeLine - Annex.
15th July 2013: 10pm - Phone records indicate Mr Pambos arranged to drive from Sydney to the Blue Mountains to meet with the British-born computer sales representative on the night he went missing.
Court documents reveal the 26-year-old had planned to sell Tweddle 2.5 grams of cocaine in five small resealable plastic bags.

16th July 2013: (Gary Tweddle) - Security footage captures Tweddle running out of the Fairmont without his jacket or glasses. It is believed he wanted to meet Mr Pambos, who he had met on previous occasions in Sydney.

16th July: 2.00am: - Pambos -
He tried to meet Tweddle sometime between 10pm on July 15 and 2am on July 16 but the pair lost contact. They never met.

Phone records indicate Mr Pambos arranged to drive from Sydney to the Blue Mountains to meet with the British-born computer sales representative on the night he went missing.

30th July 2013:Approx
Police arrested Christopher Thomas Pambos, of Earlwood, two weeks after Tweddle vanished.

2nd August 2013:
Christopher Pambos is charged with attempting to supply cocaine to Tweddle on the night he disappeared.

23rd August 2013:
1) Blue Mountains police arrested Mr Pambos after he allegedly supplied more than $30,000 of cocaine and $800 worth of MDMA in Sydney on August 2.

2) He was charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug after he allegedly sold 128 grams of cocaine and 88 grams of the drug commonly known as ecstasy at Earlwood, in Sydney's inner west.

3) Police also charged him with dealing with the suspected proceeds of a crime after he was found with $5930.

23rd August:
Mr Pambos appears in court.
Mr Tweddle's body had yet to be found when Mr Pambos first appeared before Burwood Local Court on August 23

Ongoing -
OCTOBER: date not given
Mr Pambos has not yet entered a plea and is expected to face Burwood Local Court in October.

NOVEMBER: 22nd 2013: Gary Tweddle - Coroners Inquiry.

Are the 2 'red charges related?
I need some legal eyes here, as the msm report tells of 2 charges, but there looks to be 3 charges on the sheet.

And they definitely made a charge in relation to Gary.

Respectfully snipped by me ...
Hmmmmm........was this picture taken the day/night Gary and his co-worker's arrived at the resort?

Dont quote me on this - I'm happy to be wrong ...
I think I spoke to one of the people in this photo during the search - they were not at the Fairmont on the night of the disappearance. So this photo looks to be another time. Also, that's not the shirt Gary was said to wearing when he disappeared.

Respectfully snipped by me ...

Dont quote me on this - I'm happy to be wrong ...
I think I spoke to one of the people in this photo during the search - they were not at the Fairmont on the night of the disappearance. So this photo looks to be another time. Also, that's not the shirt Gary was said to wearing when he disappeared.

GT looks to have on a pink shirt in the photo, one of the numerous colours touted as wearing.

The guy in a red top is not CP?

Are the 2 'red charges related?
I need some legal eyes here, as the msm report tells of 2 charges, but there looks to be 3 charges on the sheet.

And they definitely made a charge in relation to Gary.

Thanks for that comprehensive info. Figtree.

I do not have legal eyes but as a layperson can say that 'proceeds of a crime' is suggestive of more that dealing in the context of GT or it could be I am in a suggestible state. It could also just mean that the $5000 odd was the proceeds of suspected dealing in drugs which is a crime.

Headlines on newsstands today say the number of Methlabs are expanding/exploding...

Very windy in the Blue mountains today, rubbish bins on roads.

Respectfully snipped by me...

the media report said they asked Gary to check 'in' the letterboxes ...
Police were checking residents property for Gary - but possibly drugs as well (JMO).

The number is on the outside of the box :facepalm:
And Watkins Road letterboxes have numbers.

I screenshot'd these for another post I didn't end up posting ...
They can go here now -
But at night, these aren't the easiest to see, except where the lights are on Watkins Road. But I would guess police checked all the letterboxes.

Ooohhhh good thinking. That would make sense.

A lot of little things are falling into place. Why didn't his friends ring the police, and told Annika to call them instead? Because nobody involved in a drug deal wants to be the one to ring police to say "hi, our friend is missing, he went to buy 2.5 grams of cocaine for us and hasn't come back".

I'm having a good time going back through the previous threads. There are a few 'aha' moments.

actually. I think the second red line would more likely refer to charges over money found on CP, money suspected to be proceeds from a drug sale as according to msm so far CP hasn't been charged with anything in relation to GT apart from attempting to supply him with drugs.

There was a sense or urgency, perhaps partly due to the weather predicted to turn colder.

I think that is a very possible scenario Indigo, including re- GT testing the stuff but then why was no stuff 'items' found on him. Had he been robbed and not handed drugs to take back?

(also wonder if CP's marketing business could have been the route for monies)

Just thought I'd add re the sense of urgency. Police most likely & very quickly figured there was something not quite right soon after Gary was first reported missing. On the very first day they would have gathered loads of information. Their hinky meters are usually on high as they're trained to look for anything that may be suspicious. In majority of cases, unless their information tells them otherwise, they're looking for a "live" missing person.

With the searches, it's my understanding, police work to a manual. Searches are conducted within a certain radius, once that area has been thoroughly searched, the radius is then expanded.

Some of our members will be familiar with the huge search conducted for Allison Baden Clay in April last year. That search involved a massive amount of personnel from police/divers/inflatables/horses & 100s of SES members.

Police figured from day 1 there was something hinky. They continually stressed that they were looking for a live Allison. Sadly, that wasn't to be & her body was found 11 days later, well outside the original search areas.

As for the drug dealer....it will be interesting to hear if the supposed meet up time with Gary was actually correct or whether it was a "story" he told police.

One thing drug dealers are extremely good at is telling whatever amount of lies it takes to try & save their own backsides.

GT looks to have on a pink shirt in the photo, one of the numerous colours touted as wearing.

This is a picture of the shirt Gary was wearing when he went missing:

picture.php

This is a picture of the shirt Gary was wearing when he went missing:

picture.php

Thanks Figtree..... if only everyone had been shown that earlier, but it would have made no difference at all.

As for the drug dealer....it will be interesting to hear if the supposed meet up time with Gary was actually correct or whether it was a "story" he told police.

One thing drug dealers are extremely good at is telling whatever amount of lies it takes to try & save their own backsides.

Interesting isn't it marlywings.
And that Gary's body was found after the court date, means they have one set of court documents as his testament - in concrete.

It might also explain why extremely few details were given about the condition Gary was in and what was found with him/on him/near him.

Speaking of phone records ...

I now think there is a possibility that there may have been a phone call to/from the Fairmont between PB and Gary Tweddle which would explain Gary leaving the Hotel to meet outside at a destination if he went to make/collect a call from reception.

12th August report - SMH:
- Several people continue to drink in one of the rooms at the resort. Police say Mr Tweddle only has a few sips of a beer before he leaves to go to the reception/foyer area.

Speaking of phone records ...

I now think there is a possibility that there may have been a phone call to/from the Fairmont between PB and Gary Tweddle which would explain Gary leaving the Hotel to meet outside at a destination if he went to make/collect a call from reception.

12th August report - SMH:

But could he not have made or received a call from the hotel room?

Or was he called downstairs by reception, to receive a call?

It certainly adds some depth to an otherwise shallow picture Figtree!

actually. I think the second red line would more likely refer to charges over money found on CP, money suspected to be proceeds from a drug sale as according to msm so far CP hasn't been charged with anything in relation to GT apart from attempting to supply him with drugs.

Yes... and as LegallyBrunette pointed out - he got bail???!!!
Possibly the Sydney-Earlwood bust is the same one MDMA is ecstacy.

- $30,000 of cocaine and $800 worth of MDMA in Sydney
- Police also charged him with dealing with the suspected proceeds of a crime after he was found with $5930.
- Christopher Pambos is charged with attempting to supply cocaine to Tweddle on the night he disappeared.

and they are 3 rather large ones - especially since at the time one of these charges involved a missing man who had not been found.

- Police also charged him with dealing with the suspected proceeds of a crime after he was found with $5930.
- Christopher Pambos is charged with attempting to supply cocaine to Tweddle on the night he disappeared.

and they are 3 rather large ones - especially since at the time one of these charges involved a missing man who had not been found.

It surprised me when Oscar Pistorius was granted bail and with relaxed conditions having been charged with first degree murder. I just thought one wouldn't be granted bail with that serious charge. And he could travel overseas too.

So now I am less surprised at someone with CP's charges,being out on bail.
Maybe the police are watching him for more info.

Many of those who face court on drug charges are let out on bail. I recall one case where a guy was arrested & charged for having three drug labs in his house. He spent the night in lockup, went to court the following morning & was released on bail

Could there be some kind of deal? I'm not sure if plea bargains are entered at such an early stage.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back