Madeleine McCann: British man arrested in the hunt for missing girl Check out all th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulessa

Reaction score
Suspect held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago

The dramatic arrest of a Brit in the hunt for Madeleine McCann has been described as “potentially highly significant”.

It has boosted the hopes of the missing youngster’s anguished parents Kate and Gerry.

A source close to the couple said: “The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive.”

The suspect was held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror last week revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago.

A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.

It is understood that the Manchester officers who made the arrest also seized computers from a private address and sent them for forensic examination.

Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange team have been handed the barrister’s detailed statement, which is rated as “high up on the credibility scale”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183

Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange team have been handed the barrister’s detailed statement, which is rated as “high up on the credibility scale”.

I suppose this means that it's considered credible when he says that a man at a party told him a story? It still leaves some room for doubt whether the man's story is actually true.

But either way, whether one really "was introduced" (sounds like an eufemism for trafficking to me) to Madeleine somewhere and didn't report it or made up such a story thinking it would be great party entertainment, there's probably a lot of child *advertiser censored* on that person's computer...

I would check out the barrister and everybody else at that party too while I'm at it because it's such a sinister thing to boast about at a party (I can honestly say that I've never ever heard anyone boast at a party that they have seen a kidnapped child and done nothing about it) and I think the person might have thought that he had a like-minded audience who enjoys tales of child abuse and perversion.

And there's always a first for everything.....Jail house confessions comes to mind.

I suppose this means that it's considered credible when he says that a man at a party told him a story? It still leaves some room for doubt whether the man's story is actually true.

But either way, whether one really "was introduced" (sounds like an eufemism for trafficking to me) to Madeleine somewhere and didn't report it or made up such a story thinking it would be great party entertainment, there's probably a lot of child *advertiser censored* on that person's computer...

I would check out the barrister and everybody else at that party too while I'm at it because it's such a sinister thing to boast about at a party (I can honestly say that I've never ever heard anyone boast at a party that they have seen a kidnapped child and done nothing about it) and I think the person might have thought that he had a like-minded audience who enjoys tales of child abuse and perversion.

Oh its in the Daily Mirror, what a load of garbage.

This was in SEPTEMBER. Its not even on Sky news and wasnt on Sky news when this guy was arrested.

Its all HEARSAY. You cant arrest someone for hearsay. How do we know this guy told the barrister anything......

There's a lot of truth in HEARSAY, and I WILL NOT give up on this child, or there parents. All I have seen is HEARSAY pointing to the guilt of these parent, except for a few. Please put me on ignore, if you don't like my train of thought. I'm here for the truth. I have seen a lot of suggestions pointing towards their guilt, but mighty few pointing towards their innocence. They are INNOCENT until proven guilty. I'm not here to quarrel, I'm here to find ANYTHING to help this child. I've read and re read, and I'm still finding things that I missed on the first read.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/10/madeleine-mccann-arrest-made/

A British suspect was taken into custody by the Greater Manchester Police, the Sunday Mirror is reporting.

McCann is the British girl who disappeared from a Portuguese resort where she was vacationing with her family in May, 2007.

Portuguese officials initially suspected the adorable girl’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, of killing the girl, later completely cleared them and subsequently closed the book on the case.

Have posts been removed? I didn't see anyone having an issue with your train of thought, Tulessa, and anyway, you just quoted an article that other people including me have also quoted elsewhere. Not really sure that I can even tell what someone's train of thought is just based on a quote.

I don't suppose they can build a case on hearsay but if he was arrested on a drugs charge and indecent images I'm assuming there was evidence of criminal activity, even if it wasn't directly related to Madeleine.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A man was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children. He has been bailed pending further inquiries. An investigation is ongoing into this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183#ixzz2hctB3yqT
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Have posts been removed? I didn't see anyone having an issue with your train of thought, Tulessa, and anyway, you just quoted an article that other people including me have also quoted elsewhere.

I don't suppose they can build a case on hearsay but if he was arrested on a drugs charge and indecent images I'm assuming there was evidence of criminal activity, even if it wasn't directly related to Madeleine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183#ixzz2hctB3yqT
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

And yet I am finding things I previously missed. Hugs hun and thank you. :)

Very interesting about the arrest in Sept. What's more interesting to me is that the dude bailed out? Why would you let someone you suspected of child criminal activity bail out? Couldn't they at least hold him until his computer was forensically searched? Just seems so dangerous to have him back out on the streets :(

And who's to say he will stick around for his court hearings?

Ugh,

Salem

Very interesting about the arrest in Sept. What's more interesting to me is that the dude bailed out? Why would you let someone you suspected of child criminal activity bail out? Couldn't they at least hold him until his computer was forensically searched? Just seems so dangerous to have him back out on the streets :(

And who's to say he will stick around for his court hearings?

Ugh,

Salem

Maybe the authorities want to see what he does next? I sincerely hope that somehow this arrest might lead to rescuing Maddie, or other children, if there are any being used (shudder!) by pedophiles-let's see what comes of this arrest.

https://www.gov.uk/arrested-your-rights/how-long-you-can-be-held-in-custody

I'm not sure they had any choice. It is said that he was arrested on suspicion of crimes but it is not stated that he was charged with anything, so if they couldn't or wouldn't charge him yet they'd have no other option but to let him go. No word whether he has any court hearings coming up.
Let's hope they can get the computer searches done swiftly.

Hi, I just heard an announcement on CNN that LE has learned what really happened when she went missing is not what they thought at the time. Also, now they are about ready to arrest someone.

Sorry, that's the gist of what I heard listening to the TV while in the bathroom. lol

Another thought is when the case was active it seemed like so many of the sightings were not credible. In fact I remember one in mid-Europe where the person reporting the sighting was either related to the McCanns or somehow involved with them by friendship. The thought of posters was as long as there were enough sightings of her it would keep LE and the media off their backs.

What scares me is that, if somebody does have her and hears these reports, they will get rid of her as quickly and completely as they can...so then she will never be free and we will never know what happened to her.

So this will probably amount to nothing or at least nothing related to Maddie but I still maintain hope.

So this will probably amount to nothing or at least nothing related to Maddie but I still maintain hope.

Totally agree.

There is always hope she will be found wish all these detectives who have been working the case for so long had found her.

The thing is with this Barrister IF it was credible there would never have been the article in the paper. The perb would have been taken down quickly and quietly.

The police have been doing this very successfully at the moment with all the celebs they are arresting for child abuse. In this country they rarely would let out information or allow information to be released unless there had already been an arrest.

That is why I fear this story is just another paper trail to no where.

I also wonder why a barrister is mixing with men who are involved with pedophile activity.

To be fair IF this had happened to me or you, we would have rang police immediately right then and there, and had that guy arrested, not wait and talk to the RED TOP newspapers who are known to exaggerate most of their news.

I am quietly hoping that scotland yard have a real clue as to what is going on and are just putting bits together before there is an arrest made.

There needs to be an arrest as sure as eggs are eggs someone harmed this child. God bless her.x

Totally agree.

There is always hope she will be found wish all these detectives who have been working the case for so long had found her.

The thing is with this Barrister IF it was credible there would never have been the article in the paper. The perb would have been taken down quickly and quietly.

The police have been doing this very successfully at the moment with all the celebs they are arresting for child abuse. In this country they rarely would let out information or allow information to be released unless there had already been an arrest.

That is why I fear this story is just another paper trail to no where.

I also wonder why a barrister is mixing with men who are involved with pedophile activity.

To be fair IF this had happened to me or you, we would have rang police immediately right then and there, and had that guy arrested, not wait and talk to the RED TOP newspapers who are known to exaggerate most of their news.

I am quietly hoping that scotland yard have a real clue as to what is going on and are just putting bits together before there is an arrest made.

There needs to be an arrest as sure as eggs are eggs someone harmed this child. God bless her.x

Pedophiles come from all walks of life-you can't tell who they are by looking at them-probably more than one barrister among them

Pedophiles come from all walks of life-you can't tell who they are by looking at them-probably more than one barrister among them

Very true sadly I have known a few myself and have been sexually assaulted by a professional man when I was young.

The thing is why i say what I did is, this guy must have felt comfortable to say to the barrister about seeing/being with Madeliene McCann or whatever, it just seems very odd, how does one start that conversation if they dont have the same interests if that makes any sense.....I know what I want to say but its sort of difficult.

You dont usually go to a party and tell a complete stranger that do you, its sort of something you would say if you were talking about children etc in a sexual way.....eeeek sounds awful but i am trying to be delicate.

Very true sadly I have known a few myself and have been sexually assaulted by a professional man when I was young.

The thing is why i say what I did is, this guy must have felt comfortable to say to the barrister about seeing/being with Madeliene McCann or whatever, it just seems very odd, how does one start that conversation if they dont have the same interests if that makes any sense.....I know what I want to say but its sort of difficult.

You dont usually go to a party and tell a complete stranger that do you, its sort of something you would say if you were talking about children etc in a sexual way.....eeeek sounds awful but i am trying to be delicate.

I totally get what you mean. Being "introduced" to an infamous missing child and bragging about it is not a normal conversation topic, unless the person you were telling was interested in the same "activities" as the person speaking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj