CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Verified Insiders: Dragracerz and Caron

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

It is becoming scary quiet on this case.

Nothing in MSM since 9/30 candlelight vigil, a good week prior to that
for info on search having been scaled back from the lake area.

Hoping Klaas led search discovers some clues this weekend.

I guess I am just overly optimistic. I still believe. Bryce is out there wandering somewhere. Not near Castaic,I believe he hitched a ride. I will continue to pray that. God guides him home to his family. :)

I agree, it is too quiet.....not sure what to do to help, but Bryce needs to be home!

Good morning, all. Wow, here we are...7 threads later, Bryce missing for, what? 6.5 weeks now? Let's hope today we hear some positive news.

Since we're hashing and rehashing at this point, in the absence of nothing new, here's me slinging some: ;)

Was reading a forum post on a bass fishing site, and there was a fisherman's report on Castaic Lake which I found interesting for our purposes for a couple of reasons.

• He wrote how in the Castaic area live mountain lions, rattlesnakes, bears, coyotes and bobcats. He says to be cautious when fishing at around 4AM, as carnivorous animals like to hunt at dawn and dusk.

• The other point I read with interest was where he was talking about moonlight fishing. He says from his experience don't count on the moon for light, as it may get heavily overcast, cloudy and pretty dark. He has a photo of a crescent moon, and the photo is black, except for some lights.

Bryce was out by the lake just around the predawn hour he writes about. I know I've read someone's post way back about the possibility of a mountain lion attack, but I imagine there would have been obvious signs of an attack if that were the case, wouldn't there? (Sorry, I know it's a horrible thought.)

And the moonlight issue got me wondering just how dark it actually was at the time of the accident. Would it have been pitch black, or would the sky have started lightening by then? If he walked the path the scent dogs said he traveled, that was some spooky walk he did if it was still black outside.

http://www.bassinusa.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/posts/11813.html

Good morning, all. Wow, here we are...7 threads later, Bryce missing for, what? 6.5 weeks now? Let's hope today we hear some positive news.

Since we're hashing and rehashing at this point, in the absence of nothing new, here's me slinging some: ;)

Was reading a forum post on a bass fishing site, and there was a fisherman's report on Castaic Lake which I found interesting for our purposes for a couple of reasons.

• He wrote how in the Castaic area live mountain lions, rattlesnakes, bears, coyotes and bobcats. He says to be cautious when fishing at around 4AM, as carnivorous animals like to hunt at dawn and dusk.

• The other point I read with interest was where he was talking about moonlight fishing. He says from his experience don't count on the moon for light, as it may get heavily overcast, cloudy and pretty dark. He has a photo of a crescent moon, and the photo is black, except for some lights.

Bryce was out by the lake just around the predawn hour he writes about. I know I've read someone's post way back about the possibility of a mountain lion attack, but I imagine there would have been obvious signs of an attack if that were the case, wouldn't there? (Sorry, I know it's a horrible thought.)

And the moonlight issue got me wondering just how dark it actually was at the time of the accident. Would it have been pitch black, or would the sky have started lightening by then? If he walked the path the scent dogs said he traveled, that was some spooky walk he did if it was still black outside.

http://www.bassinusa.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/posts/11813.html

It's the Los Angeles national Forest so yeah there are those types of wildlife out there. But not usually down in the area he was at. If you go north east yes you will get to the Forest and you could encounter those types of animals.

I grew up on Castaic lake and have done many late night fishing trips and we've thrown late night parties in the back of Elizabeth cove. During the hot summer months you don't get any type of clouds or overcast and the moon shines very bright up there. During the winter mons sure you get fog and over cast and clouds and when we get storms we get lightening as well. On the night he went missing it was hot.

I had really hoped that there would be a break before publicity and public interest started to wane. It breaks my heart that it feels like this is going to be one of those numerous threads that I check in on every few months to see if anything new has surfaced that might help bring Bryce home. I hope and pray that this weekend's searches bring some answers for Bryce's family.

Regarding the talk in the last thread about SD's twitter post about writing a book, I took that more as jesting about how he's (SD) had so much happen in his life that he should write a book.

Maybe I interpreted it wrong though. Will have to go back and find that info and reread it.

If Bryce had simply crashed his SUV and disappeared, I'd be the first to think that he had probably wandered into the park or into the water and had passed away from head injury or whatnot.

But because of the strange happenings leading up to that crash, it makes me think that it's possible that he just decided to leave it all behind or even that he snapped and is out there making his way around somehow.

Seems hard to believe that someone wouldn't have come across him and recognized him from missing posters or t.v. or whatever by now, but to me it's not entirely impossible. I think back to the links that gitana posted about people that disappeared for weeks or months and no one recognized them while they were missing. (Granted though I don't know how much publicity there was for each and every one of those cases that I read.)

In one case that she posted, someone actually did recognize the girl that was missing and even asked her if she was the missing girl, and when the girl said no, they took her at her word and went on their way. Sometimes people don't connect the dots or don't know the person is missing until later on when they see a poster or something. Or even are hesitant to report what they saw for fear of being mistaken.

Regarding the talk in the last thread about SD's twitter post about writing a book, I took that more as jesting about how he's (SD) had so much happen in his life that he should write a book.

Maybe I interpreted it wrong though. Will have to go back and find that info and reread it.

Is he just listed as his name appears or doesn't he have a nickname on Twitter? I've tried to find him with no luck :/

Not sure if we're supposed to talk about profile names? Still pretty new to WS ;)

Is he just listed as his name appears or doesn't he have a nickname on Twitter? I've tried to find him with no luck :/

Not sure if we're supposed to talk about profile names? Still pretty new to WS ;)
I know the original twitter post was pulled, but I'm not sure if just giving out his handle is against the rules (I'm thinking probably it is since he's not a POI).

I can't recall what his name is on there anyway. When I posted above, I was thinking I could go back and look at the previous posts; I forgot that they had been pulled.

If Bryce had simply crashed his SUV and disappeared, I'd be the first to think that he had probably wandered into the park or into the water and had passed away from head injury or whatnot.

But because of the strange happenings leading up to that crash, it makes me think that it's possible that he just decided to leave it all behind or even that he snapped and is out there making his way around somehow.

Seems hard to believe that someone wouldn't have come across him and recognized him from missing posters or t.v. or whatever by now, but to me it's not entirely impossible. I think back to the links that gitana posted about people that disappeared for weeks or months and no one recognized them while they were missing. (Granted though I don't know how much publicity there was for each and every one of those cases that I read.)

In one case that she posted, someone actually did recognize the girl that was missing and even asked her if she was the missing girl, and when the girl said no, they took her at her word and went on their way. Sometimes people don't connect the dots or don't know the person is missing until later on when they see a poster or something. Or even are hesitant to report what they saw for fear of being mistaken.

My concern about the idea of him being "out there" is that from his background, I just don't get the impression this is something he could manage for so long. Sounds like he lived a sheltered, if not pampered, life, IMO, and was not even a camper. Not knocking him...I sure couldn't have managed it, at any age.

My concern about the idea of him being "out there" is that from his background, I just don't get the impression this is something he could manage for so long. Sounds like he lived a sheltered, if not pampered, life, IMO, and was not even a camper. Not knocking him...I sure couldn't have managed it, at any age.
True plus every indication is that he was very close to his parents - even if he wanted to break away for a time, you'd think he'd make some contact with his folks so they wouldn't be panic stricken.

As far as making it on his own, even if he had a sheltered background, I can see someone just going for it. At that age the sky is the limit and sometimes you feel like you can accomplish anything. When I was much younger, I moved into a cabin in the woods with my boyfriend. No electricity, running water, or toilet (just an outhouse). We just made due and found ways to get things done. Be resourceful. Of course living with a roof over your head is a step up from being on the streets, but still if a person has the motivation, they find a way.

IDK, even though it's a possibility he never made it out of the park or near the park, I still think there's also a chance that he did and he's out there somewhere. I don't believe that in most cases, but this one has so many twists right before he went missing that anything is possible to me.

As far as mountain lions go, as RK stated, this wouldn't be up in the mountains enough. There is always is a chance of bobcats and coyotes however but they leave traces so unless its been missed also very unlikely. By the way coyotes rarely attack humans unless they are in a pack.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

<snipped for space and clarity>

Much's I hate to say it I think it's possible and even likely that if he's been seen people didn't realize it was him, especially if he's out of the area, and even moreso if he's dyed or shaved his hair. There were some local news stories on Bryce here in the Sacramento area early on, but nothing recent. If he went to say Nevada (state picked at random), I bet no one would know who he is or that he's missing.

I've been more tuned into this since coming onto WS but think about how many people you see every day - people walking down the street, hanging out in the park, shopping, or whatever. We have a lady who goes up and down our street all the time, and she has a pet chicken that she pulls in a wagon or puts in a basket on her bike... I have no idea who she is, but until I came on here it never even occurred to me that to someone somewhere, she might be missing. I've talked to her and she's nice but hasn't ever said her name. We also have a number of homeless people around that I've gotten to know to some degree, but I have no idea why they're homeless or if anyone's looking for them.

If you had help and/or the ability to get the basics somehow, I don't think it would be that hard to 'disappear' so to speak. I think a few people talked on the last thread about hiding in plain sight. I think that's a possibility, too.

Much's I hate to say it I think it's possible and even likely that if he's been seen people didn't realize it was him, especially if he's out of the area, and even moreso if he's dyed or shaved his hair. There were some local news stories on Bryce here in the Sacramento area early on, but nothing recent. If he went to say Nevada (state picked at random), I bet no one would know who he is or that he's missing.

I've been more tuned into this since coming onto WS but think about how many people you see every day - people walking down the street, hanging out in the park, shopping, or whatever. We have a lady who goes up and down our street all the time, and she has a pet chicken that she pulls in a wagon or puts in a basket on her bike... I have no idea who she is, but until I came on here it never even occurred to me that to someone somewhere, she might be missing. I've talked to her and she's nice but hasn't ever said her name. We also have a number of homeless people around that I've gotten to know to some degree, but I have no idea why they're homeless or if anyone's looking for them.

If you had help and/or the ability to get the basics somehow, I don't think it would be that hard to 'disappear' so to speak. I think a few people talked on the last thread about hiding in plain sight. I think that's a possibility, too.

Agree with what you said. Before I came to WS, I don't think I paid much attention to missing persons stories on t.v. or elsewhere. If I was to see a missing person poster for a teenager, I'd probably assume they were a runaway and not pay much attention to it.

Even though it seems like most people would know about a missing person in their area, I would bet that for every one person that does know, ten people in that same area don't know.

As for getting the basics, I don't think it's that hard to do especially in a warmer area where you don't have to worry as much about shelter (though I know it's getting to be colder nights there). It's not something I'd have the guts to do, being a drifter, but lots of people out there would be able to do it even if they don't have a lot of experience living outdoors or roughing it.

Castiac is definitely mountain lion country. We live in a much more populated area at a much lower elevation in So. O.C. and have often had mountain lion sightings. A young child was attacked during the day at a local wilderness park resulting in children being banned from the park for years and years. A mountain biker was attacked and killed less than a mile from thousands of suburban homes. A short time later another mountain biker was attacked but survived. A local church security camera was picking up a mountain lion every night at about the same time. One of my neighbors hit one with his car when it leaped into the road in front of him (while driving less than a mile from thousands of homes). An overzealous homeowner in our neighborhood shot one that was sitting on his block fence. (Unfortunately he only wounded it - I only say unfortunately because it was unnecessary to shoot it in the first place, it escaped injured, and resulted in a huge lion hunt by Animal Control to try to find it to kill it because the shooting incident was less than a mile from our local elementary school with close to 2,000 students.) Obviously these incidents happened over the course of several years, but mountain lions are very elusive and very rarely seen. They ARE out there.

My understanding is that mountain lions attack from behind, try to break the neck to incapacitate and drag their prey off in an attempt to keep it hidden from other predators.

I don't know why I am even typing this. Please come home, Bryce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie