CAN we discuss crimewatch discrepancies please

Status
Not open for further replies.
We study foreign languages in school here, too, you know...

I wasn't insinuating there was anything wrong with your education system. Its just that people generally don't get as much opportunity to hear a foreign language spoken by native speakers when they live on a different continent compared to those who share a land border, or a channel tunnel with the countries in question.

America shares land borders with Canada and Mexico. Would the average American have trouble telling the difference between French and Spanish?

Very few people learn Dutch though, even in Europe.

I've spent quite a bit of time in the Netherlands and I can't really recall anyone ever speaking in Dutch to me. They really are a multilingual nation, I think. I do admire that. Only wish I had that talent too!

I wasn't insinuating there was anything wrong with your education system. Its just that people generally don't get as much opportunity to hear a foreign language spoken by native speakers when they live on a different continent compared to those who share a land border, or a channel tunnel with the countries in question.

America shares land borders with Canada and Mexico. Would the average American have trouble telling the difference between French and Spanish?

The average American would not have a problem telling the difference between French and Spanish. I shouldn't speak for any other Americans, but I can tell the difference between German and Dutch, too.

Did the witness say he or she thought the language they heard was German for certain? It sounds like that is what LE is focused on at the moment.

I've only heard it said that the language was German. Its possible that the Dutch angle was assumed because the Netherlands was one of the countries which broadcast the new appeal for information.

That could be for no other reason than the story is still bigger news in that country than elsewhere though.

Very few people learn Dutch though, even in Europe.

I don't know of any schools here that teach Dutch-but German is commonly taught, and I assume that once you've studied German, you probably wouldn't mistake it for any other. In any event, it looks like LE is focusing their attention in the direction of Germany at the moment. We'll see what they dig up over there.

People are overthinking it, imo. It's one thing to identify Dutch or German if you are hearing it directly (say in a film or a TV documentary) or if you are being addressed, but if you are just overhearing a snatch of colloquial conversation between other individuals on the street, not always so easy to be sure.

Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things whether it was dutch or german. These people were checked way back in 2007 i remember it being talked about.

The thing is anyway I have dutch and german friends, and they only ever speak English to me lol, mind you i lived in germany for 3 years and yes there is a difference in german and dutch you can tell it. IMHO.

This is a useful aerial photo of the area. As you can see why would an abductor walk towards the middle of praia de luz or even the beach, when the are very very close to the Lagos road.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/aerialmw.jpg

The heartbreaking thing for me, was hearing Kate admit that madeline had asked her where she was last night when her and her brother were crying. That would have been a huge tug on my heart and I would never have left them again. (not that I would have in the first place IMO)

They missed out that after that the hotel manager asked them not to leave the children alone again and even offered them a babysitter that night for which they refused so not only did they not want there kids with them that night they didn't want any one else to be there to protect them either : (

His wife Kate said: "It doesn't matter how much heartache we put ourselves through, so long as we get the result that we need."

From the link.

Is it just me... Or do all of her comments always seem self serving? Never any concern about what her daughter experienced...is experiencing. It's as if she always knew her daughter was dead and exactly how she died. All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't think the case should be closed until Madelaine is found. Even if it takes 30 years. Every missing person deserves to be found.

I bet the two men 'talking in loud voices' were the Germans. I'm not being rude, it's just that it is something I have noticed here - they tend to speak louder than many English people in public.

It depends on who supposedly heard these "loud voices" on whether its even true to be honest IMO

Now, I remember something in the first few weeks about a chap saying he passed the top of the road with his child who had been to the creche. Andy Redwood said this was recent information so WTF is that about ?
How an abductor levitated over the window sill is another load of old Pony that was discredited at the time, lichen was still in place when the crime scene people were taking finger prints.
I agree it's a load of crap, unfortunately my taxes have paid for this £5million load of crap and that sticks in my throat.

Sorry about your taxes-I often feel this way, too! You have to hope that the police are just putting some of this stuff out there to give someone a false sense of security (maybe).

I have never been completely sure of who went where and when did they do it, Approximately what time did each parent get up from the table, and which apartments did they check on? Did parent X check on his/her own children, or on the kids of parent Y or parent Z? Did they just listen at each apartment, or did they look in, and if they looked in, did they see each and every child? Was Madeleine actually seen several times between 8:30-10?

I've read several timelines, and they don't quite line up in every case. And at what time did someone ring LE? 10:40 seems very late.

Hasn't the timeline that the Tapas 9 given been discredited and a moe realistic timeline been drawn up by Scotland Yard?

Hasn't the timeline that the Tapas 9 given been discredited and a moe realistic timeline been drawn up by Scotland Yard?

I was hoping that that was what we were going to be told, but it seems that it only amounts to the elimination of the Tanner sighting.

So did she or didnt she physically search? Surely that cant be hard to verify and why was she alone ? Again surely this too would be verfiable .

Definatly from here thats a discrepancy but its so glaring why hasnt it been resolved . However reading that bit from the book sounds so dramatic , reads like what you would want the reader to hear rather than the reality which if it had been me would be "spent hours throwing up , having panic attacks dr had to sedate me "

No, she did not physically search, or call Madeleine's name, once.

This might help - defensive, much? :banghead:

The McCanns Did Not Physically Search for Madeleine - YouTube

What we've got to remember is the place was a resort.

It had people from everywhere staying there, almost literally, then you've got the town beyond.

Of course there are going to be sightings of "strange" men hanging around...it's a resort!!!! I'd say there were more than a few strangers there. :banghead:

It is clear that they are trying to eliminate certain individuals, brown haired, black haired, and fair haired. Male individuals.

The presence of these as yet unidentified men in a resort in PDL is not exactly startling to me.

It is quite possible these guys came and went from the resort without ever hearing the name Madeleine McCann, or knowing they are in the frame. Now, hopefully with the multilingual coverage, those guys will realise they're being looked for, step up and eliminate or incriminate themselves.

AR clearly says "these may be innocent sightings"...but these guys do need to be identified and investigated.

If they were there innocently, a huge public appeal in those countries will find them.

:cow:

Hi Zweibel, I wrote to say doesn't the e-fit photo of the man on the left look like Gerry McCann?

Then I read again about the Irishman who saw the man walking with a child.

We had a poster who worked at a bar in that area where the Irishman saw this man. She wrote a post saying a man came into her bar {not long after they discovered she was missing, so it was timely} and asked to speak to the owner, that his child was missing. He sat down and had a drink then left after talking to the owner. She later said it was Gerry who came into that bar as she recognized him on the news.

I always thought her body was temporarily ditched in that little cemetery by the church {in that same area} and then moved later that night. IMO You know what I'm thinkin'!

I just found this post written by Cappuccino: "True. And its a thing to bear in mind with the Smith sighting as well. Mr Smith said in his second statement that he was sure the man he saw was Gerry McCann when he saw Gerry on television carrying one of the twins. When he said it to the rest of the family, the only one who agreed was his wife.

So that tells us that the man the Smith family saw bears some resemblance to GMcC but not necessarily that it was him".
Post #848, 'Why Did Madeleine Go Missing'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member