Madeleine McCann found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do we best go about rescuing a child that is held by a pedophile ring? .

No, they are not.

Europe is a continent, and the UK is an island.

Ask a Frenchman how "European" he considers folks from Rothley, Lancashire. He'll set you straight.

It is not, nor has it ever been, a British tradition to leave your children unattended while you go out to party. No matter what they do in Iceland or other parts of the Arctic Circle.

Hi, I think all those little countries, Wales, England, Ireland, etc, make up the UK which is a part of Europe but not on the European peninsula. ;}

"The Metropolitan Police said they are "extremely pleased" and are now working through the information provided in response to the BBC programme.

Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said: "We have now had over 730 calls and 212 emails as a direct result of the specific lines of enquiry we issued yesterday.

"330 calls into the Operation Grange Incident Room, 400 to BBC1 Crimewatch. Detectives are now trawling through and prioritizing that material. This will take time.

"We continue to appeal for information and I will be repeating similar appeals in Holland this evening on a programme called Opsporing Verzocht, and in Germany tomorrow night Aktenzeichen XY...ungelost.

"The MPS is offering a reward of up to £20,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the abduction of Madeleine McCann from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007.

"We have an any time 40 people waiting to answer calls at the Hendon call centre and officers at the incident room waiting to action the information.

"Madeleine remains at the heart of everything we do and I will continue to update the McCann family as more information is received by the incident room."

Meanwhile the editor of the programme said some callers had given the same name for a man spotted carrying a child towards the beach in Praia da Luz."
bbm
Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-response-unprecedented-2373512#ixzz2hq1j4OP4
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Britain is part of the European continent. (Hint - continents can include islands, see Tasmania, Hawaii and Madagascar).

Hawaii is a state in the United States of America but it is not a part of the North American Continent.

Hawaii is not a part of the continental United States. Just ask our United States Postal Service. :)

Lol. So what continent do the United States Postal Service think Hawaii belongs to then? Africa, perhaps? Or maybe Australia, they're quite a little continent they can take Hawaii.

Or maybe you can do a swap - America can take Tasmania, and Australia can have Hawaii.

Lol. So what continent do the United States Postal Service think Hawaii belongs to then? Africa, perhaps? Or maybe Australia, they're quite a little continent they can take Hawaii.

Or maybe you can do a swap - America can take Tasmania, and Australia can have Hawaii.

To end up that geographical dispute, islands do not have to belong to a continent. Geographically Hawaii, or more correctly Hawaiian Islands, is an archipelago in the Pacific Ocean, not belonging to any continent.

Maybe, lol. Poor Hawaii, but geographically Britain is part of Europe. Its not classed as a continent -less archipelago in the North Atlantic and never has been.

First, the restaurant is on the other side of the pool from the room. Perhaps they had a false sense of security. It would not be the first time people who are a bit better off than the average folks don't have the same fears we do. I know a Harvard grad who has as much common sense as I do in my pinkie fingernail - he leaves his wallet in his car - he never locks the house outside Boston etc. So don't be so quick to jump all over them. Hindsight is 20/20.

I think Wendy Murphy is over the line and her stance on the Ramseys has been the same. When people don't answer questions by the authority it doesn't mean they are guilty. There is a reason we don't allow such evidence in a court of law...it is not reliable. Got it? It's not reliable - it's all speculation.

Kids are taken. There are a lot of missing children. Have you simply read the sicko threads in the Crimes Against Children Forum right here? We don't know what kind of rings are operating in other countries. I know there are plenty of threads of parents hurting children, but these parents have no motive, they've raised two other children, no mental instability or drugs etc. So, it's reasonable to draw another inference beyond their involvement.

If there is a sliver of a chance that she is alive, please God, let's just focus on finding her. It can't hurt. Don't give up hope for this little girl.

Please, if one child can be rescued, it will shine the light of hope for others.

This is one effed up cruel world.

Amen!!!! Stop the blame, and start the sleuthing!

Amen!!!! Stop the blame, and start the sleuthing!

I'm still waiting on the time Madeleine was last seen alive by someone other than her parents. That's the start of the timeline. IMO

And exactly how far was their table from the hotel room.

Basic questions. Can't get an answer:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Maybe, lol. Poor Hawaii, but geographically Britain is part of Europe. Its not classed as a continent -less archipelago in the North Atlantic and never has been.

British Isles actually ARE the archipelago in the North Atlantic, geographically speaking. They belong to Europe, geographically and culturally though. But you must know that Europe is culturally very diverse and something that is perceived as OK in, say, Russia, doesn't have to be perceived as such in France, for example. So you cannot make such a generalisation and say "In Europe leaving children asleep and unsupervised is an accepted thing". In United Kingdom, a home country of McCanns it is not an accepted thing (and to be honest it is not accepted in most European countries).

British Isles actually ARE the archipelago in the North Atlantic, geographically speaking. They belong to Europe, geographically and culturally though. But you must know that Europe is culturally very diverse and something that is perceived as OK in, say, Russia, doesn't have to be perceived as such in France, for example. So you cannot make such a generalisation and say "In Europe leaving children asleep and unsupervised is an accepted thing". In United Kingdom, a home country of McCanns it is not an accepted thing (and to be honest it is not accepted in most European countries).

Yeah, none of that stuff about leaving children being cultural or not has anything to do with me. I've never made any such claim, all I ever said was that British people are European.

Yeah, none of that stuff about leaving children being cultural or not has anything to do with me. I've never made any such claim, all I ever said was that British people are European.

I steer clear of geography.

I'm American, I was educated in the public school system where every year we learned more and more about the USA. Zip about world history and geography of anywhere else. :(
I was in high school before I discovered Canada and Mexico were actually connected to the US

I bought a shower curtain that's a world map. I've been playing catch up for about two years now:)

I'm still waiting on the time Madeleine was last seen alive by someone other than her parents. That's the start of the timeline. IMO

And exactly how far was their table from the hotel room.

Basic questions. Can't get an answer:(

From what I've read, she was last seen alive in the afternoon.

I read the same, from 50-200 yards. I just saw 170 yards, that is almost 2 football fields away from your kids.

I read the same, from 50-200 yards. I just saw 170 yards, that is almost 2 football fields away from your kids.

How friggin hard is it to measure??? I mean seriously???

I've also heard "afternoon" IMO she wasn't seen again by anyone else after they picked her up from the daycare thingy @4?-5?

I thought on the video it said it was about 150 feet, that's only about 50 yards. I was thinking at the time that it looked much further than that on the map that was shown. There is a pool there dividing the restaurant from the apartment, so I can only assume they're not going to walk on water to get from one point to the other :scared:

It's a shame these things tend to devolve into "right fighting" but let me assure you Britain does not view itself as part of Europe, and never has, for centuries now. It is a very uneasy truce between the two.

From the earliest of times the British have viewed themselves as entirely different from those on the continent, and have gone happily to war to prove it. Trafalgar, for example. Whatever EU Britain has now chosen to join, it is extremely recent historically, even now on shaky ground, and has had no effect whatsoever of "Europeanising" the distinct British culture.

From the reign of Elizabeth I, English foreign policy concentrated on preventing invasion across the Channel by ensuring no major European power controlled the potential Dutch and Flemish invasion ports. Her climb to the pre-eminent sea power of the world began in 1588 as the attempted invasion of the Spanish Armada ...over the centuries the Royal Navy slowly grew to be the most powerful in the world...The building of the British Empire was possible only because the Royal Navy exercised unquestioned control over the seas around Europe, especially the Channel and the North Sea. During the Seven Years' War, France attempted to launch an invasion of Britain. To achieve this France needed to gain control of the Channel for several weeks, but was thwarted following the British naval victory at the Battle of Quiberon Bay in 1759.Another significant challenge to British domination of the seas came during the Napoleonic Wars. The Battle of Trafalgar took place off the coast of Spain against a combined French and Spanish fleet and was won by Admiral Horatio Nelson, ending Napoleon's plans for a cross-Channel invasion and securing British dominance of the seas for over a century.

English Channel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These days, Britain is part of the EU, but even that association is strictly for economic benefits only, and those tend to be for British gain.

Recently there have been calls for Britain to be tossed out of the EU yet again, as they did nothing to help Europe in their recent economic meltdown.

. David Cameron’s veto last December during the Eurozone crisis gave it an unhelpful and familiar ‘Britain versus the EU’ dimension as Europe faced its darkest economic moment since the Great Depression. While Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy tried to pump blood into the collapsing veins of the euro, Cameron’s demands for City of London safeguards appeared self-centred and anti-communautaire.
The French hit back. Sarkozy told Le Monde: ‘There are clearly now two Europes.’ No code there: there is the EU and there is Britain.

http://www.historytoday.com/james-ellison/britain-more-european-it-thinks

It's akin to saying that Americans are Mexican, just because they exist side by side geographically.

World wars have been started on these distinctions.

The British are British. They are technically European because technically the British Isles are part of the European Shelf. The real definition of "European" is something the British have moved against in every way, including culturally and linguistically. No English people speak the multitude of European languages, most Europeans learn at least some English.

The real reason the British are not European, is because they have historically chosen not to be. Same as you probably choose not to be defined as "Mexican".

Either way, no McCann was ever exposed to a lifestyle or culture where leaving babies unattended and alone was acceptable. It is not acceptable in Portugal, Australia, USA or Rothley UK.

:seeya:

Sorry to disagree with some, but Britain is not part of The European Continent, and no Brit I know thinks that they are European. In fact all Brits are English, Irish, Scottish or Welsh.
I live in France, much to my delight, but in France I consider myself to be British, although I am actually English.
This is not an insult to Europe, it is just a fact. British is only a collective name for anyone born in The British Isles.

As for leaving children alone while checking on them regularly, this is common practice, and does not constitute neglect in Law. And nor does it in Portugal.

I have just been reading about how the McCann's had disposed of a freezer from the apartment in Portugal, claiming it quit working. Who would do that when it was a rental? Oh my goodness, does anyone here know more on this, was that ever confirmed or is it just rumor ? I read it at the following link, I know it's not MSM so hope it's ok to post here.

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t20443-the-fridge

ETA: Ok, I know I'm behind, but here it states it was rumor:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...r_look_at_madeleine_mccann_disappearance.html

I've also heard "afternoon" IMO she wasn't seen again by anyone else after they picked her up from the daycare thingy @4?-5?

Yes, that's what I read, she wasn't seen after being picked up from kidwatch that day.

It doesn't matter what way the British "see themselves" - geography is not decided by popular vote. Now let that be an end to the geography hijack.

Linda7NJ said:

She was last seen around 5 when being picked up from daycare.

I think the confusion about the distance from the Tapas bar is because it is only about 50 yards "as the crow flies", but walking distance would be about 150 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain