SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly, willy, nilly CMJA trying to sell her art, limited editions and all while she and her family are contemplating bankruptcy filings.

Typical CMJA. It does not make sense. She's a fool on top of everything else.

What's that saying..."Desperate times call for desperate measures"?

She is living in her own fantasy world, as usual. Put her on death row and THEN her carpy art will perhaps be "limited edition". What a joke. :laughcry:

ETA: The article also said the tweets about her family being bankrupt were removed shortly after they were posted. She lies even when what she's saying can be easily disproven. Just like another certain someone who won't be named here.

I'd be interested to know how much the "value" of her "artwork" has bottomed out since she was convicted of first degree murder-slaughter vicious enough to warrant the death penalty. Lord knows talent aint selling her " art". Her latest scribble is a lifeless, one dimensional , juvenile choice of a hotel art subject , yet more poorly executed than even that low standard. Pathetic.

J

Unfortunately, the murderabilia market is growing (by buyers who are sickos- IMO).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Almost always, the sellers are in the business for their own profit. And that makes for some strong feelings...

....murderabilia” — artifacts of notorious killers that end up in private hands.
...propelled by the Internet, the murderabilia market is growing. Mr. Kahan estimated that there were perhaps half a dozen murderabilia vendors in the United States who advertise online...

“Each piece tells a story,” Joe Turner, a British collector who owns a Gacy painting and a lock of Charles Manson’s hair, wrote in an e-mail. “At some point these killers were normal people who were children and were loved by people, then somewhere along the line they changed.”...

So-called “Son of Sam” laws are designed to prohibit criminals from profiting directly from the sale of their personal effects or stories. But there are few prohibitions against vendors who sell murder-related material on the secondary market. According to Mr. Kahan, only eight states — Texas, California, Utah, New Jersey, Florida, Alaska, Michigan and Montana — forbid the vending of murderabilia...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/weekinreview/05murderabilia.html?_r=4&src=twrhp&

I'd be interested to know how much the "value" of her "artwork" has bottomed out since she was convicted of first degree murder-slaughter vicious enough to warrant the death penalty. Lord knows talent aint selling her " art". Her latest scribble is a lifeless, one dimensional , juvenile choice of a hotel art subject , yet more poorly executed than even that low standard. Pathetic.

J

I think art is in the eye of the beholder. I grew up in Marfa, Tx. Donald Judd, a "minimalist artist" created "giant works of art" there. LOL! Take a look. I do not know how to post just an image here.

http://www.npr.org/2012/08/02/156980469/marfa-texas-an-unlikely-art-oasis-in-a-desert-town

The artsy types that live there now think that art is the best. When we lived there, it was a cattle town. Anyway, my son and I laugh about this "art". Different strokes.

I would love to hear about everybody's holiday traditions for Thanksgiving and Christmas, if you celebrate Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, would you share whatever traditions you celebrate. I found the earlier stories really uplifting.

Yes, and also how to enjoy Christmas without feeling so overworked, overwrought, and overstressed. I just can't deal with so many people in my house :scared:

YesOrNo, you can probably guess what my Christmas Spirit test score was :floorlaugh:

Yes, and also how to enjoy Christmas without feeling so overworked, overwrought, and overstressed. I just can't deal with so many people in my house :scared:

YesOrNo, you can probably guess what my Christmas Spirit test score was :floorlaugh:

A poor test score? :facepalm:

Have Christmas at someone else's house?

I think art is in the eye of the beholder. I grew up in Marfa, Tx. Donald Judd, a "minimalist artist" created "giant works of art" there. LOL! Take a look. I do not know how to post just an image here.

http://www.npr.org/2012/08/02/156980469/marfa-texas-an-unlikely-art-oasis-in-a-desert-town

The artsy types that live there now think that art is the best. When we lived there, it was a cattle town. Anyway, my son and I laugh about this "art". Different strokes.

Art surely is subjective. I actually love primitive "outsider" art, and tho a very large contingent of my family are real artists-- as in, they make a good living selling their art, I rarely enjoyed the many art galleries I was marched through the entire time I was growing up. Too stuffy, the art too dead.

The murderer's "art" falls in only one category, IMO: failed art. It isn't good primitive art because it is pretentious and entirely unoriginal. It aims to be what is thought of as mainstream art, but falls very short, both technically and in originality. Perhaps some folks actually like it. Doesn't mean it rates as "art" in any way a real artist would define the term. I absolutely love my 11 year old son' s "art" for example, but know he won't have a show at the Corcoran in his lifetime. And his artwork , actually , shows life and movement, unlike the deathly still tracings of the murderer.

Freaks who buy from murderers? May none of us be doomed to cross their paths.

I would love to hear about everybody's holiday traditions for Thanksgiving and Christmas, if you celebrate Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, would you share whatever traditions you celebrate. I found the earlier stories really uplifting.

My kids are grown now, but they liked the Christmas Pickle.

Christmas pickle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I loved to play Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story over and over again during the Christmas season. None of my children liked those movies. I love NORAD Tracks Santa NORAD Tracks Santa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My kids did not like that either!! Even though the kids are out of the house now, I still watch those movies and I still Track Santa every Christmas Eve! Not very uplifting, but that's my story!

Woke up and can't fall back asleep. :(

Just looked and the official FB for CMJA is now back up, but it is under the name Susan D. Halterman, the aunt.

I'm starting to agree with others who think that Aunt Sue is the person tweeting for CMJA as well. Which would make things really inane if she tweeted about the bankruptcy filings. The family would do well by keeping a low profile.

Aunt Sue posted this a while ago:

"I see that some of the "haters" found this page. Rant all you want I don't care. You are only wasting your time. We will support and fight for Jodi forever. None of you even understand what family is. We do. Family does not give up on family no matter what!"

I can understand not abandoning a family member, yet this family has an odd way of showing support and making statements that fuel negative responses.

My kids are grown now, but they liked the Christmas Pickle.

Christmas pickle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I loved to play Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story over and over again during the Christmas season. None of my children liked those movies. I love NORAD Tracks Santa NORAD Tracks Santa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My kids did not like that either!! Even though the kids are out of the house now, I still watch those movies and I still Track Santa every Christmas Eve! Not very uplifting, but that's my story!

---------
Sulamith, we visited the Christmas Story house two years ago. We really enjoyed the visit. So many things reminded me of growing up in Cleveland. :seeya:

thanksgiving we alternate every year between my parents house or driving out to ohio. it's so funny how different the thanksgivings are. at my parents house its a full on sit down dinner, everyone goes around the table and says something they are thankful for, and then after dinner we play card games, drink, relax, etc..we don't eat until like 3 or 4pm...when we have thanksgiving in ohio, its at my husbands Nana's house, lots of people, it's more buffet style, we start eating at 12, the men then go stand/sit in the attached garage and drink beer and smoke cigs, watch football, etc...the woman usually sit around drinking coffee or wine and taking care of the younger kids. I'm always in the basement with all the kids (since mine are the youngest) so I have designated myself the babysitter lol..

Christmas is always at my parents house. We have a huge Christmas Eve party that is basically a drinking bonanza. All our neighbors come (who are our best friends, and all have family far away so they are like our family) and we exchange small gifts, have dance parties, and stay up until 3 am..it gets really rowdy!!!!!! we eat buffet style and each year my dad makes a speciality cocktail, last year it was this green one called "the grinch" and he freakin put Absynthe in it! It was crazy! I didn't drink though because I had a 2 week old, so I went up to the third floor and slept up there with the kids at like 10pm lol..i missed out on all the fun. Then in the morning, my mom, dad, brother, sister, husband, me and my 2 kids (bro and sis aren't married yet but bro will prob be getting engaged soon) sit around the tree and open presents in order from youngest to oldest...it takes like 2 hours LOL. Then we do stockings. After that we usually eat a light breakfast like pancakes, bacon, etc and then me and hub go home with the kids and lay around all day, and i'm pretty sure my parents and bro and sis do the same, although I know my dad makes a ham that afternoon. We stay overnight with the kids b/c i don't want a DUI on xmas eve lol, and the kids are young enough that they don't realize santa is coming to Nana's house instead of theres, plus my parents really like seeing my 2 year old open her presents. Prob next year (not this coming xmas) I will be the designated driver and drive us home so the kids can have xmas morning at our house, but for now, this works.

When I was housekeeping- eons ago :floorlaugh:, the holidays were always very busy for me. I would make Thanksgiving dinner at home (we found that since we moved to Pa., going to my in-laws in NYC [normally a 2 hour drive] was impossible because of all the traffic and it became a 4-hour drive). My older son and his wife would come for dinner (they were always late :facepalm:). On Black Friday, my friend and I would go shopping and have lunch, but because both of us were tired from all the Thanksgiving cooking, we wouldn't leave so early. It was mostly just to get out of the house.
Christmas was a big affair. On Christmas Eve, I would cook the "7 Fishes" (an Italian tradition):

Feast of the Seven Fishes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike my mother, who would make 7 fishes or more, I would make only about 4-5 dishes. There would be plenty of cookies, cakes, and candies- all made by me during December. After we ate and the dishes were done, the family presents would be opened. My older son would first give out the stockings and then the gifts (one by one). We would all go to midnight mass, which was always so crowded- we most likely had to sit up in the balcony.
On Christmas Day, Santa would come and then after breakfast, we would be off to NYC to have dinner with my husband's family (always a pleasure as I didn't have to cook :facepalm:, but I did help with the cleanup and, believe me, there were always a lot of people at their house and lots of cleanup.:scared: There were 6 children and all their children, some friends and, always, the priest, Father Frank. So, it was a huge affair.)
Now- Christmas is very different. It's very quiet and I don't make the "7 fishes", although we still open presents on Christmas Eve. Dinner is usually a turkey breast and the fixings that go with. If it's not too snowy, I'll try to make midnight mass by myself (my younger son doesn't believe- even tho' he attended Catholic school throughout his whole school time). More times than most, I won't go- it's too late for me and going out that late is too scary for me and I don't see that well at night anymore when I drive.
I don't see my older son for Christmas or Thanksgiving because he owns an oil company and it is his busy season, but he does call. I send presents to him in the mail.
I do put up a small tree now and still like the holidays- even tho' they are different.

Adding: I forgot that on Christmas morning, we wouldn't have breakfast at home. We would visit with my friend in Queens and have breakfast with her family. After our son, John-Patrick died and shortly thereafter, my father and mother died (all within a couple of years of each other), on Christmas morning we would stop at the cemetery in NYC (not far from my friend and my in-laws) to lay wreaths for them on their graves. This became a part of our Christmas tradition for years after.

Pfttttttttttttttttttttttttt :twocents:

(but thanks for the info :seeya:)

The final line of the article is an interesting one:

"Hergstrom warned that sheriff’s office officials cannot verify that the drawings are actually done by Arias."

Now wouldn't that be a hoot if the whole "art" thing was a scam. :floorlaugh:

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. Especially after we all saw the snow white one with the different symbols. Wasn't that her art project in court?

Woke up and can't fall back asleep. :(

Just looked and the official FB for CMJA is now back up, but it is under the name Susan D. Halterman, the aunt.

I'm starting to agree with others who think that Aunt Sue is the person tweeting for CMJA as well. Which would make things really inane if she tweeted about the bankruptcy filings. The family would do well by keeping a low profile.

Aunt Sue posted this a while ago:

"I see that some of the "haters" found this page. Rant all you want I don't care. You are only wasting your time. We will support and fight for Jodi forever. None of you even understand what family is. We do. Family does not give up on family no matter what!"

I can understand not abandoning a family member, yet this family has an odd way of showing support and making statements that fuel negative responses.

You know, it's good that missy's :jail: family support her, but they must know that she is a murderer and the "haters'" have a valid reason not to like her. Her family must be living in la-la land to think that she is innocent of the murder of Travis- no matter what her supposed reasons for the terrible deed.

When my sons were young and they were angry with me, I told them it was OK to be angry, but they must always love me- the person- and just hate the deed. :moo:

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. Especially after we all saw the snow white one with the different symbols. Wasn't that her art project in court?

I think missy :jail: does have some talent in art. Her drawings of hands have some beautiful shading. It's too bad she didn't take her art to another level and pursue it more instead of her pursuit of hate and murder. Too bad- a waste of talent down the drain. :moo:

Her family has finally worked out the details for an appellate fund and have established an irrevocable trust.

I expect to see Travis's family file the wrongful death suit in civil court very soon to limit the funding of this trust.

As I understand it, irrevocable trust assets are protected from creditors claims. So any money funding the trust before the Alexanders sue and win in civil court would not be available for payment to the Alexanders. But once a judgement is awarded, no additional funds could be put into the trust to shelter them from the creditors.

We'll probably see some news articles on this. It is getting into a very complicate area of law and taxes. Legal action by the Alexanders could also include a challenge to the validity of the trust. Whoever is funding this trust (collecting the "donations") will be taxed on the donations, so care must be taken to make sure that enough money is set aside to pay the taxman before depositing the rest into the trust.

Her family is going to need qualified professionals for this to work. The faster that Travis's family moves with a civil suit, the sooner they can cap this appellate fund.

Conrado Juarez told The New York Times (http://nyti.ms/1cBGsHS) that Anjelica Castillo died in a fall down the stairs.....

At the time of her death, Anjelica and a sister were living in Queens with relatives including Juarez's sister, Balvina Juarez-Ramirez. Juarez and his sister were cousins of the girls, who had been left there by their father.

Juarez said Anjelica was sometimes tied to a chair because she was headstrong.

In the interview published in Friday's paper, he said his sister called him one day on his cellphone to say that Anjelica had died in a fall down the stairs. The Times reported that for the account to be accurate, Juarez would have had to be one of fewer than 3 percent of the people in the United States who had a mobile telephone in 1991.

http://news.yahoo.com/baby-hope-slaying-suspect-denies-killed-her-141735697.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like bull to me :snooty: (especially the "cellphone" :nono: )

Hey everyone!!

I am not 100 percent convinced that the Killer's family believe that she is innocent
and will support her forever. It must be extremely difficult for family to accept that
one of their own is a murderer. I think it is really a front on their part. If they support her so much why didn't someone speak on her behalf? I think they will visit her and call her in prison - that type of support but the other type of support - believing she is innocent is hogwash IMO.

I have a kid that got into trouble drug related years ago and I supported that child but I also knew that she was guilty. My support consisted of appearing in front of a judge with her. That was the support I gave her. She was guilty of the charge, she knew it and I knew it. She had to pay the fine herself and had a judge that gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23