breach of promise

http://therocky.com/news/2001/dec/18/case-haunts-das-aide-who-led-grand-jury/

Kane said that with more than half a dozen books published and two movies made about the case, people could assume they know everything there is to know about the murder - other than who did it, of course.

But, he said, such an assumption would be wrong.

There remain "dozens" of secrets, he said. "Absolutely. Dozens. And a lot of what the public thinks is fact is simply not fact."

-----------------

maybe we will finally be told some of those secrets:please:
kind of ironic that you posted this today. Since hearing about all this, I've been wondering how much we might read that will change what we think we know about this case. After reading the 'other 3 page ransom note', I realized that everything I thought I knew about that note is in question now. I still believe PR wrote it, but now I wonder how many of those words were her choice and how many were copy cats-her following a guide. With this train of thought running through my head, I went and 'objectively' relistened to the 911, and even words that I had accepted as fact, sounded different. I heard a lot more syllables, different tones and in one instance, 2 voices speaking over each other. I could make out some of the words, (or so I thought), and if they are there, it changes the whole overall quality of what I thought was going on after that call. I admit I'm probably wrong because every time I've listened, I interpreted something different, but I still don't hear PR wailing for Jesus or BR, and those are 2 things I've tried really hard to hear. Anyway, I want to read any new information, regardless of where it leads, but I'm trying to prepare myself for some shocks. It has always been more or less accepted that LE didn't think JR was involved? But, here he was getting indicted right along with PR, nothing less. So IMO, here is where some of the surprises may lay. Was LE just toying with JR and giving him a false sense of security? Did they keep evidence against him quiet and save it for the GJ? I didn't think that would have been possible considering all the leaks, but now I'm not so sure.

I agree with you about Boulder wanting this case to go away, but I think of that as being the DA's office not the Daily Camera. The Daily Camera was the ones who found out about the indictment, and their reporter is the one who is suing to get it released.

BBM: I know this. I was referring to the city of Boulder, otherwise known as, "The People's Republic of Boulder."

JMO

John Ramsey says release the whole grand jury file! Not sure that's really what he wants to happen but I see the RST manipulation kicking into full force...

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_24350597

"Public release of the allegations of an un-prosecuted indictment only serves to further defame (John Ramsey) and his late wife Patricia," the letter reads. "Mr. Ramsey will have no access to whatever evidence the prosecutors presented to the grand jury and will have no ability to disprove those allegations in a court of law. Nor will the public have any ability to evaluate the propriety of the indictment unless the entire grand jury record is unsealed and opened to public view."

"The District Court found 'transparency' to be the determinative factor in its order to show cause. 'Transparency can only be accomplished if the entire record is made public," the letter reads. "It is therefore John Ramsey's respectful request that you advise the District Court in response to its order to show cause that if the un-prosecuted indictment is to be publicly released, the court should also order release of the entire grand jury record, including all witness testimony, all exhibits, all colloquy discussions between prosecutors and the grand jury and all drafts of potential indictments presented by the prosecutors of the grand jury."

"Public release of the allegations of an un-prosecuted indictment only serves to further defame (John Ramsey) and his late wife Patricia," the letter reads. "Mr. Ramsey will have no access to whatever evidence the prosecutors presented to the grand jury and will have no ability to disprove those allegations in a court of law. Nor will the public have any ability to evaluate the propriety of the indictment unless the entire grand jury record is unsealed and opened to public view."

"The District Court found 'transparency' to be the determinative factor in its order to show cause. 'Transparency can only be accomplished if the entire record is made public," the letter reads. "It is therefore John Ramsey's respectful request that you advise the District Court in response to its order to show cause that if the un-prosecuted indictment is to be publicly released, the court should also order release of the entire grand jury record, including all witness testimony, all exhibits, all colloquy discussions between prosecutors and the grand jury and all drafts of potential indictments presented by the prosecutors of the grand jury."
JR can always write another book and point for point, explain, justify, and prove his innocence. I wonder what is meant by, " all drafts of potential indictments presented by the prosecutors of the grand jury"? Are they insinuating more people were considered for indictment, or are they saying there were other alternatives to JR and PR? Like maybe one for the abuser and another for the one who didn't intervene? IDK, curious.

John Ramsey says release the whole grand jury file! Not sure that's really what he wants to happen but I see the RST manipulation kicking into full force...

Maybe he sees the release as inevitable so he wants it ALL released, because maybe he knows that he wasn't seen as the murderer and he wants that made clear? If JR really wanted the indictments released, he would have said so before, so IMO, he's looking for a way to minimize his role...even if it can only be done by comparing him to PR. looks like he is willing to accept a certain amount of blame, but only in exchange for not being labeled the murderer.

Well, well, well! At last JR crawls out from whatever rock he has been hiding under, and is in full "CYA" mode. I've been wondering why he & his defense team were so quiet as of late-- nary a word about James Kolar's book, quiet during the start of these latest events.

I think (MOO) that this is his last ditch effort to continue to hide the facts, and when (and if) it all comes out, he will then throw Patsy under the bus; somehow twist his story to say "Patsy had a psychotic break, etc.", or something to that effect. It is easy to blame the dead, after all. But before that, oh you can just bet that he and his criminal defense team will throw up any obstacle they can legally (or even quasi-legally) to stop this process. It's typical antics on their part, and has been seen & documented over these (almost) 17 years now.

To be honest, I am hardcore in the RDI camp, but I have no idea what happened that horrid night, and what may have transpired beforehand. I have my theories, but they are just that-- theories. For example, I don't think it was 1st degree murder, probably more along the neglect lines. But the big thing to me, the thing that has disgusted me about JR (et al) from nearly day 1: even if JR turns out to not be involved in the bashing/strangling/abuse of JBR, I find him beyond vile for participating in a coverup for so long-- he has to know more than he has said, and he should have done the right thing from the start. In my opinion he lacks ethics, and is self-serving, arrogant and feels "entitled".

And for what it is worth, I, too am beyond thrilled that FW was attending the hearings. He is after the truth, and I am keen to find out what he knows.

One last thing that also makes me see red: if it turns out that the public gets definitive info once & for all that there was no intruder (which I firmly believe), then JR & PR and any attorneys, DAs, friends, family, etc. who perpetrated or otherwise prolonged this hoax deserve eternal torment (if one believes in such things) for setting LE and the general public on a witch hunt for imaginary intruders. When I think of PR saying (paraphrased) "y'all hug yer baybies close coz' there's a monster out there!", it makes me sick. Go ahead, terrorise the public, scare small children, waste taxpayer dollars... start intellectually challenged conspiracy wingnuts off on wild goose chases for Satanic cults & paedophile Santas. This is just so utterly vile and reprehensible that I can barely find words but for those that aren't usually used in polite society. Must go swear at my pillow now. ;) But otherwise WOOHOOO & YIPPEE that the truth may out! :)

tezi;9915872
Yeah, right, that is John-speak for, "Lin, get filing something here to save my arse, POST HASTE!"
JMO

I agree. No way John Ramsey honestly wants that record released.

Oh, sorry, did I use "honestly" and John Ramsey in the same sentence? My bad.

Sounds like a legal strategy: Releasing the Indictment documents would defame the R's. (Defame=we'll sue you big time). Or release all evidence, so that a jury pool will be totally polluted and this can never be tried in court. Moo.

Heyya tezi,

Does JR have legit imput on this process?

I don't know. But, I look for Lin Wood to start threatening everyone and their goldfish if this gets released. That is why I made the comment that I did.

I agree. No way John Ramsey honestly wants that record released.

Oh, sorry, did I use "honestly" and John Ramsey in the same sentence? My bad.

Yes, two words that should never be used in the same sentence...LOL

I don't know. But, I look for Lin Wood to start threatening everyone and their goldfish if this gets released. That is why I made the comment that I did.

:floorlaugh:

A PDF of the letter is now up on the Daily Camera site. It actually sounds quite pathetic, and like they're clutching at straws. Mary Lacy's straws. It includes a full copy of the Lacy exoneration letter for crying out loud.

Oh, and you'd think the lawyers could show JBR enough respect to spell her name right.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...-entire-grand-jury-record-not-only-indictment

Colorado Constitution Article II Section 16a:

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Article_II,_Colorado_Constitution#Section_16

Section 16aText of Section 16a: Rights of Crime Victims
Any person who is a victim of a criminal act, or such person's designee, legal guardian, or surviving immediate family members if such person is deceased, shall have the right to be heard when relevant, informed, and present at all critical stages of the criminal justice process. All terminology, including the term "critical stages", shall be defined by the general assembly.

This may be a dumb question but

Why did it take the grand juror so long to speak out about this
did someone tell him he couldn't talk about it and if so
what is the difference from then and now-TIA

I mean-I know grand jury proceeds are secret,so what changed that this juror spoke out now and not then
I am confused-lolol

This may be a dumb question but

Why did it take the grand juror so long to speak out about this all these yrs to come forward
did someone tell him he couldn't talk about it and if so
what is the difference from then and now-TIA

I believe it's still technically illegal for any of the grand jurors to talk to the media about what happened. I have 2 theories on it:

One of the grand jurors saw John doing his book tour, and it was the last straw, and contacted Brennan.

Someone tipped off Brennan, and he started contacting grand jurors, who told him what the indictment was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back