Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
who runs annas facebook page? might want to change the passcode keep getting game requests

who runs annas facebook page might want to change passcode keep getting game requests

who runs annas facebook page might want to change passcode keep getting game requests

~ I do!
Game requests? I try to keep on it and delete spam. Is that what you mean smile22?

thx, SK

no not spam on the page annas page is sending me requests to play games its beacuse account could have been hacked into

no not spam on the page annas page is sending me requests to play games its beacuse account could have been hacked into

anyone have any ideas on some new sleuthing? i did we ever look into adoption websites as posting some info i recall something but my brains been all over the place latley i would be willing to post info and the right contact info if someone should feel like they could be anna or knows someone who might be her.

someone somewhere knows what happened to anna

I was thinking about the adoption web sites again, and it occured to me that Anna, if she believes she was adopted, might not want to hurt her 'adoptive parent(s)' and wait until they passed away to start an adoptee search.

I've known of people who are adopted and they made comments that they would never look while their adopted parents were still living because it would break their heart.

Because of that, I think now might be a time to renew the adoptee search.

cubby i can work on it this weekend i just need some info that you think i should put in here as well as a contact email so she can get in touch with the right person. i am willing to hit up as many websites that i can find that have messages boards

some info i was thinking was little girl with a big heart went missing on jan 16th 1973 from half moon bay california on a rainy day shortly after wandering outside. she went by the name of anna christian waters and lived with her mom step father and two brothers on a farm some things she loved her favorite song was hear comes the sun. she went on a long vacation trip with her family in a converted school bus and had a good time.

are you someone who thinks you dont belong with your family do you have memories of a school bus a farm two brothers a mom and step father who loved you. when you hear the song hear comes the sun do you feel a connection some how to it do you believe you were born in this year do you feel like you have unanswered questions about who raised you if so please contact

i know i should add more info do you have any other suggestions i am going by what i still remember about anna i would have to go back into the threads i want to make her listing pop out to any females who think they fit this

I never did much with the adoptee search because another former member was doing that research. AFAIK that former member is still in contact with Annasmom and sidekick. I wonder if either of them know if the adoptee search is still happening? Or is it something we need to find someone to pick up again?

Let's first see if the adoptee search is still happening or not and we'll go from there.

I never did much with the adoptee search because another former member was doing that research. AFAIK that former member is still in contact with Annasmom and sidekick. I wonder if either of them know if the adoptee search is still happening? Or is it something we need to find someone to pick up again?

Let's first see if the adoptee search is still happening or not and we'll go from there.

Hi there!
The adoptee search should really never end, we have posted on adoption.com and cousin connect with various comments about Anna.. There are heaps of other adoption sites as well, I cannot recall all of them we put an ad out on to reach out to Anna. Of course, Anna will not know her real birthdate or place of birth but as suggested up thread, a general history of Anna's life may trigger a memory or response under births in the 60's.

I don't see how continuing would be a negative thing at all. Post away!

I have recently, by suggestion joined Topix and am posting a blurb with Anna's website to various cities in the USA as well as other countries. I did Germany the other day.... I have just begun this project and have a lot of cities/countries to cover.

xx

I was thinking about the adoption web sites again, and it occured to me that Anna, if she believes she was adopted, might not want to hurt her 'adoptive parent(s)' and wait until they passed away to start an adoptee search.

I've known of people who are adopted and they made comments that they would never look while their adopted parents were still living because it would break their heart.

Because of that, I think now might be a time to renew the adoptee search.

This is very common Cubby, you're right. I am hoping tho that if she does know she is adopted she has asked to see her papers, asked who her natural parents were/are, asked many questions in hopes of finding out some info as a lot of adoptee's do. On the other hand, she may have been loved to pieces and she is waiting for their passing as not to hurt them. (for Anna's sake this is what we want, her to be happy). I belong to several adoptee sites on FB in hopes she posts! I check daily!!

ok so i am googleing some websites on adoption and also going to google some searching for websites that have message boards where i can put up some info. i have some time right now to maybe do up 2 websites most of the places i am finding are more like search pages and some want money so im skipping those

Can someone remind me where we are when it comes to checking HS yearbooks to see if anyone looks like Anna? What's been checked?

Can someone remind me where we are when it comes to checking HS yearbooks to see if anyone looks like Anna? What's been checked?

Hi Firefly,

I joined the FB group for San Mateo High and posted Anna's photo there... otherthan that, I don't know if yearbooks have been researched. If someone is willing to look thru Classmates.com that would be awesome!
She's out there... we just have to find her! :banghead:

Thank you, SK. I'm not on Classmates or anything of the sort. The question is, do we think it's worth looking through HS yearbooks to see if Anna is in one of them, which would then give us a geo location and a name to work with if enough things line up to make us think that person could be Anna. If it's worth it, we'd have to define a time period (when Anna would have been likely to attend school), compile a database of schools and their yearbooks to look at, obtain said yearbooks or identify public libraries where they are available (would public libraries have them???), get volunteers to comb through yearbooks. Thoughts?

Thank you, SK. I'm not on Classmates or anything of the sort. The question is, do we think it's worth looking through HS yearbooks to see if Anna is in one of them, which would then give us a geo location and a name to work with if enough things line up to make us think that person could be Anna. If it's worth it, we'd have to define a time period (when Anna would have been likely to attend school), compile a database of schools and their yearbooks to look at, obtain said yearbooks or identify public libraries where they are available (would public libraries have them???), get volunteers to comb through yearbooks. Thoughts?

:) I am for doing anything to find Anna. Looking thru yearbooks can be very taxing but I hate to ignore the idea. The thing is, where to look? If Anna was taken to another home in California as an example. How many CA High School Yearbooks are there? If she was taken to another State/Country...well, that's another ball park. I would suggest start with California.

Yes, Libraries should have yearbooks. I know Classmates have them online.

Time Line:

1972 Age 5 Kindergarten
1973 Age 6 Grade 1
1974 Age 7 Grade 2
1975 Age 8 Grade 3
1976 Age 9 Grade 4
1977 Age 10 Grade 5
1978 Age 11 Grade 6 - end of Middle School in the USA?
1979 Age 12 Grade 7
1980 Age 13 Grade 8
_______

1981 Age 14 Grade 9
1982 Age 15 Grade 10
1983 Age 16 Grade 11
1984 Age 17 Grade 12
________

1985 Age 18 Off to University thru to 1988 for a 4 yr. program

I think that's right!

Let me know what you come up with and if I have left anything out.

SK

Yes, it'll be taxing, no two ways about it. Thank you for the timeline, I don't really know enough about the school system in the US. I've no idea which grades belong to primary school etc. (Is Middle School like... Grammar School or something?)

I think starting c California would make sense, and then broadening the search state by state. Is there a government body that would have a list of schools that existed in the time frame? Ministry of Education perhaps? There must be a list somewhere.

Would a Library only hold yearbooks from schools in the immediate vicinity? Would yearbooks be held in a copyright library? (if so, where is one?) Would yearbooks be digitalized? (How do photos get on Classmates? Do they have to be submitted by a member or do schools submit them?)

What happens if a child is home-schooled? Is there any record of that? Any official record I mean?

Will continue later, baby's awake.

Would the time frame we're looking at be 1973-1985 (add on a year just in case)?

What characteristics, except for time, would volunteers looking through yearbooks need? I am thinking along the following lines:
* need list of schools to check out in Cali (if more volunteers, split list so as not to waste time checking the same school's yearbooks multiple times);
* need age progression photo(s) of Anna, plus possibly some childhood photos;
* must have access to relevant library or libraries;
* must be good at comparing photos c age progressions and keeping in mind what Anna may have looked like at a certain age;
* being able to do photo overlays would be helpful (and I imagine it requires relevant software), but as long as we have one person able to do that from a distance, not necessarily vital;
* visually minded.

This is all I can think of at the moment, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member