GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
I've been following this crazy case for a year. A wife dies seemingly by accident, surviving spouse sends adopted daughter back to the Ukraine and him and his girlfriend steal adopted daughters identity and that's just for starters! A book needs to be written or a movie made. I never posted a thread because it was so involved. I'm posting a thread now because an author by the name of Sara Lenz (Deseret News) has written a fantastic in depth piece on this case. It's very long, but I hope you find it as interesting as I have.

Martin MacNeill: Was his wife Michele's death accidental or was it murder?

Editor's note: For more than a year, Deseret News reporter Sara Lenz has investigated the life of Martin MacNeill. The information in this story comes from court documents, 911 calls, police reports, an autopsy report, a search warrant affidavit, psychology reports and dozens of interviews with investigators, attorneys, police officers, neighbors, victims and family members detailing why some believe MacNeill may have killed his wife, Michele.

Continue at link:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...s-death-accidental-or-was-it-murder.html?pg=1

The more I think about it, the more I think Rachel's testimony is going to be a strong one against MM.

- She was a daddy's girl growing up, looking at facts she's on mother's side
- Her emotions only add to the disgust she feels towards her father and how difficult it is to think about these things
- There's so much more to gather from her testimony - read between the lines!!
- The def looked desperate in their efforts to discredit her with the money talk, bipolar/delusional/psychotic etc.
- The way Rachel explains how she came to meet Gypsy/Gillian reveals exactly how calculation and premeditated MM is. I think this is one of the most important points to take from the testimony.

Rachel is a smart woman. I sometimes got the feeling she said a little more than she was asked just to have said it. You can't take the word back once it's said.

Oh, I wish I was a juror in this case :)

BTW; does anyone know where I can watch the full Nancy Grace from last night? I really want to see the interview with Michele's friend - the one who talked about MM's depictions of childhood with a prostitute mom.

Please take time to read the affidavit in support of arrest warrant for MM. It is absolutely shocking and gives a lot of information. The opening itself (point 3) is a bombshell, with statements from Anna Osbourne, whom had an affair with MM:

- in 2006 told her psychiatrist she had an affair with a serial killer
- MM told her he had attempted to kill his mother
- MM told her he had killer his brother Rufus because he was embarrassment to family
- Martin also told Anna he wanted to kill his daughter Vanessa because she was an embarrassment to the family because of her drug abuse
- Martin offered to kill Anna's husband to relieve her from abuse relationship
- MM admitted to having done "mercy killings" on handicapped patients
- told her about specific method to do so; the patients dying of heart attack had heightened levels of potassium in their blood. A toxicology report of Michels blood showed elevated levels of potassium.

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.co.../Affidavit-in-support-of-arrest-warrant-2.pdf

It's crazy and worst of all; I believe everything!

The more I think about it, the more I think Rachel's testimony is going to be a strong one against MM.

- She was a daddy's girl growing up, looking at facts she's on mother's side
- Her emotions only add to the disgust she feels towards her father and how difficult it is to think about these things
- There's so much more to gather from her testimony - read between the lines!!
- The def looked desperate in their efforts to discredit her with the money talk, bipolar/delusional/psychotic etc.
- The way Rachel explains how she came to meet Gypsy/Gillian reveals exactly how calculation and premeditated MM is. I think this is one of the most important points to take from the testimony.

Rachel is a smart woman. I sometimes got the feeling she said a little more than she was asked just to have said it. You can't take the word back once it's said.

Oh, I wish I was a juror in this case :)

BTW; does anyone know where I can watch the full Nancy Grace from last night? I really want to see the interview with Michele's friend - the one who talked about MM's depictions of childhood with a prostitute mom.

:seeya: Great post. The BBM part, I don't think helps the prosecution any. People sometimes blame innocent parties for a death, especially if they didn't treat the person very well in life. I also don't think showing a bias against the accused ever helps. jmo I think she had a hard time not showing how she really feels about him after everything has come to light. She did a great job and like the coffee-bean said, I LOVED her too.

Good morning all! I am still recuperating from Rachel's excellent testimony. She had crucial evidence for the jury no one else had, such as the bloody mess in the garage. The rest of her testimony will be corroborated by her sister, Alexis, and possibly others who were in the house.

Her treatment by the defense attorney, whose name I shall not say, was deplorable. However, Rachel was able to get beyond the emotional turmoil that was deliberately provoked to show she is very intelligent and certainly knows her facts.

And, OMG! The defense attorney, whose name I will not say, actually impeached her testimony! Rachel said "sick" at one point and "recuperating" on the stand! She's such a liar!

Remember, impeachment means that the witness has changed the story!

A good impeachment would be when a witness said at an interview that the defendant was with her at the time of the crime and never owned a gun. Then, on the stand, the witness turns around and says that the defendant wasn't with her and he, indeed, owned a 45 automatic.

It bears repeating here that all the impeachment the defense is bringing up is to look for extremely minor variations in language between some distant testimony and the current trial.

Also, to end a too-long-post, let's remember that after Michelle died, Martin changed his will, leaving each child a technical $1 and the remainder of his estate went to Gypsy, along with his attempt to put the marital home in her name to avoid probate.

Heh... they both did prison time for that last bit.

Im so confused about what time EST the trial or hearings will begin today, can anyone help? lol

Im so confused about what time EST the trialor hearings will begin today, can anyone help? lol

Hi, Ina - Have only posted one other time & this is the first I'm trying to include a quote so, hope all goes well.

I believe the jury was instructed to be in at 9:00am Utah time which is 11:00am EST. Not exactly sure but I believe the judge said he'd rule at 8:30am on whether or not Ada could testify - do not know if that will be stream lined or not.

I sure hope Rachel is ok today - it was brutal watching her having to testify yesterday. I felt so awful for her.

Hi, Ina - Have only posted one other time & this is the first I'm trying to include a quote so, hope all goes well.

I believe the jury was instructed to be in at 9:00am Utah time which is 11:00am EST. Not exactly sure but I believe the judge said he'd rule at 8:30am on whether or not Ada could testify - do not know if that will be stream lined or not.

I sure hope Rachel is ok today - it was brutal watching her having to testify yesterday. I felt so awful for her.

Thank you Scorpio, I nailed it down to 10:30 am EST :seeya: Post more

Im so confused about what time EST the trialor hearings will begin today, can anyone help? lol

I'm assuming at 10:30 EST. The Judge said he would rule at 8:30 their time. I will check to see if there are any hearings prior to that time. BRB

:welcome5: Look forward to hearing your thoughts :seeya:

I just checked WAT and the Seal is up. Looks like we will be privy to a hearing?

Please take time to read the affidavit in support of arrest warrant for MM. It is absolutely shocking and gives a lot of information. The opening itself (point 3) is a bombshell, with statements from Anna Osbourne, whom had an affair with MM:

- in 2006 told her psychiatrist she had an affair with a serial killer
- MM told her he had attempted to kill his mother
- MM told her he had killer his brother Rufus because he was embarrassment to family
- Martin also told Anna he wanted to kill his daughter Vanessa because she was an embarrassment to the family because of her drug abuse
- Martin offered to kill Anna's husband to relieve her from abuse relationship
- MM admitted to having done "mercy killings" on handicapped patients
- told her about specific method to do so; the patients dying of heart attack had heightened levels of potassium in their blood. A toxicology report of Michels blood showed elevated levels of potassium.

http://cdn-static.wildabouttrial.co.../Affidavit-in-support-of-arrest-warrant-2.pdf

It's crazy and worst of all; I believe everything!

It is crazy. I think we are scraping the surface as to who Marty really is/was and what he is capable of. It breaks my heart for those he has hurt but it especially sickens me this man had access to folks who were very vulnerable.

Has the judge ruled on allowing Ada to testify or is that happening this morning?

Thank you for the Welcome, Bravo !! And thanks for the heads up on WAT - have it up now.

Your welcome. Today is going to be an interesting Court day. Prolly emotional too.

Yes it will be emotional. I don't know how much worse it can get after watching Rachel. That was heart wrenching, I wanted to cry with her seeing how hard that testimony was on her. I was disgusted by the end with that defense attorney bringing up her her mental health. My heart broke for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie