RULED OUT: Have we found Anna? Possible match to NamUs case UP 9597 - *NO MATCH*

Doogie's phone call to the state senator has already stirred things up. I had a message from the coroner's office late yesterday afternoon, too late to respond, so I phoned them this morning. They said they had heard from Sen. Hill and that they phoned the DOJ in hopes of expediting matters. No new news, but they wanted to touch base and keep me informed. Something is better than nothing, don't you think?

Is it wrong for me to ask if Sen. Hill can call the private lab?

Somehow we have to get the message 'to expedite' to the private lab....

Ok, call me paranoid for worrying the expedite message has not made it from the DOJ to the private lab, but I am worried.

Praying my worrying is for nothing and we'll have answers soon. :please:

prayers for annasmoms family that some news comes soon i check these threads often to see if any updates have happened

Have you tried victims advocacy groups? I know here in St Louis we have government and privately sponsored victims (survivors) groups that can help as you go through the legal system. Usually this is done with recent crimes for the families but maybe one in your area will take it on. They sometimes have good connections in the LEO and legal community and can help. You are in my prayers, Annas family. I just had a little boy and her story has hit me hard!

I received a phone call from the Senator's aide yesterday. We are going to give the DOJ 2 more weeks before before we step up the pressure another notch and have the aide contact the DOJ directly.

The Senator has now sent a request directly to the California Attorney General requesting that the testing be expidited. Hopefully, a response will be coming soon.

The aide in the Senator's office has been a godsend. I want to send out special thanks to the aide and to the Senator for all of their help.

Nobody here has done this and likely no one will, but I just want to be ahead of any potential issues: We request that no one contact the Senator or the DOJ on our behalf. The path we are currently on requires some delicate diplomacy and any additional contact may disrupt our strategy.

Thanks to everyone for your cooperation. You guys are the greatest.

No response yet from the AG's office. The Senator's aide is making phone calls to greasr the wheels. Update to come.

I just had a phone call from the coroner's office. The DNA results on the jawbone fragment have been completed and it is not Anna. The officer said that the specimen belonged to a male child. I am deeply appreciative of the efforts of all those who expedited the analysis. We have been waiting a long time to rule out this finding.

Thank you for letting us know. It's been a long wait, and thank God it's not Anna. I hope the UID gets his name back soon, and that Anna is found safe and well.

I just had a phone call from the coroner's office. The DNA results on the jawbone fragment have been completed and it is not Anna. The officer said that the specimen belonged to a male child. I am deeply appreciative of the efforts of all those who expedited the analysis. We have been waiting a long time to rule out this finding.

Hi Annasmom. I joined Websleuths and found out about Anna's case long after this possible match was submitted. I didn't know what to say, during what must have been a particularly difficult time, waiting for news.

I am pleased that it is not Anna, but I am sorry that you still don't know what became of her. I hope that your answers will come very soon, and I pray that the answer is that Anna is alive and well.

I also hope that this wee man gets his name and his family back.

I am completely stunned by this obviously good news. I fully expected this to be Anna. I had originally believed that it was highly unlikely that Anna had fallen into the creek since no sign of her had been found in the decades after her disappearance. The discovery of the jawbone changed my opinion, but this news today has renewed my initial faith that she is out there to be found.

I am completely stunned by this obviously good news. I fully expected this to be Anna. I had originally believed that it was highly unlikely that Anna had fallen into the creek since no sign of her had been found in the decades after her disappearance. The discovery of the jawbone changed my opinion, but this news today has renewed my initial faith that she is out there to be found.

I can't say how grateful I am to the state senator, the attorney general, the coroner's office and all the others Doogie contacted to get this analysis expedited. And of course to Dr. Doogie himself, which goes without saying.:loveyou:

Have they identified the male child? I thought dna could not tell gender?

Annasmom, I so sorry that you still don't know what happened to Anna.

I am happy it is not Anna, but I am praying you will find answers soon.

I just wanted to add that I had a very nice letter today from the office of the State Senator whose office managed to expedite the DNA testing. The office also sent a copy of a thank-you letter the state senator wrote to the attorney general, who got very quick results once the case came to her attention. We are most grateful.

Am glad to hear it was not Anna and am sorry it took so long for you to find this out Annasmom. It seems like it pushes the possibility to the forefront that Anna is still out there and not aware of her true identity. It is hard to imagine that something could have happened to Anna in the yard other than abduction as the area has given up so many deceased over the years.

Continued prayers for answers for you Annasmom!

I've been offline a bit. So, so glad to see that Anna has been ruled out!

I will ask the mods to update the prefix to this thread to read ruled out....
Hopefully tonight.

Real life has been extremely crazy lately.

The search continues.

Doogie, thank you a million for all your hard work and dedication on getting this possible match ruled out. You are amazing! (both you and SherlockJr. I still consider the two of you my mentors here so to speak.)

Hugs and hope to be back soon, All!

Thank you Cubby for first noticing that the UID was a child, not an adult like we first thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back