GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like the State is not going as hard after Martin as they could/should be. Not sure if court rulings are hampering their questions of witnesses or what, but at this rate there is a chance he could walk.

The "wow" things that should be coming out don't seem to be coming in as evidence. The picture that prosecution is painting is not quite the picture I was expecting. This is so strange! After these prosecution witnesses I am left wondering if anything I have read is correct cause none of it is coming in. This is not leaving the prosecution with much to work with in closing that is for sure......I am disappointed so far by testimony.

I think they may be showing Ada's interview

Oh, my.......

they need to replace bulb

short break or lunch?

break for 20 minutes

((((Ada))))

Who's in charge over there? The whole bunch seem like they are poorly prepared...:banghead:

It feels like the State is not going as hard after Martin as they could/should be. Not sure if court rulings are hampering their questions of witnesses or what, but at this rate there is a chance he could walk.

I think it's the rulings partly. And the fact that much Interviewing etc. should have been done at the time of Death. Now years later......Gave the Defense some room to argue. IMO.

I was puzzled as to why Martin would have needed to juggle around the awards ceremony time. Now I think he realized Michele meant to be out at lunch with Ada and didn't want to risk anyone seeing her looking pretty much recovered before killing her and trying to pass her off as all died up and too weak to keep from drowning in the tub.

A little confused here as to what the defense was on about trying to impeach Rachel's assertion that her mom was too sick on Easter to participate.?
ETA; that should have stated "all drugged up"

I never knew anyone who had eight kids with his sister. I swear I don't! :floorlaugh:

Yeah and who cares if your Sis gets a facelift. To the point one would arrange and enforce it. Unless of course ya plan a murder :facepalm:

The Arias trial dragged on and on.
This one is going faster than the speed of light.
I go get a cup of coffee and the witness is excused.
In the Arias trial, the witness was on the stand and I had 10 cups of coffee { not really 10 cups} just exaggerating a statement here..
this trial is really a BOOM BOOM BOOM trial. Wonder if the jury will do likewise?
And be all done with it before Thanksgiving?

The "wow" things that should be coming out don't seem to be coming in as evidence. The picture that prosecution is painting is not quite the picture I was expecting. This is so strange! After these prosecution witnesses I am left wondering if anything I have read is correct cause none of it is coming in. This is not leaving the prosecution with much to work with in closing that is for sure......I am disappointed so far by testimony.

Just wondering how much this judge squashed in the state's case??? PS I don't like him. There I disclosed.

I guess I'm really not informed very well about this case. The last paragraph of that article, I'm confused. :confused:

I'm going to have to go back and read at the beginning, when I get a chance.:eek:

JMHO
fran

From the article, the last paragraph.....

"Meanwhile, Utah County prosecutors are currently prosecuting MacNeill on felony charges of forcible sexual abuse and witness tampering for allegedly putting his hand down the pants of an adult relative in 2007, and then asking her to sign a statement saying he did not touch her."

If I am not mistaken, the "adult relative" was Alexis.

My first WOW is how Gypsy sat there all secure and smiling?Why?
Why would a mistress be so smug?
WOW :waitasec::notgood::maddening:

Why didn't the prosecutor ask Vicky about Martin hauling hey? Or did Martin tell her anything about his 8 children? I know there have been many rulings about what can not be introduced but.......what the heck was important about her hobby farm???

This witness brought forth into testimony that on May 5, 2007 she received a letter from her daughter's fiancé thanking her for the hospitality given to him on a recent visit to Mrs. Willis' home. The visit was clearly sometime prior to May 5, 2007. Michelle MacNeill died on April 11, 2007 and the funeral was (I think) April 19.

This is as clear a refutation of Gypsy's claim that it was a "casual" relationship prior to Michelle MacNeill's death as there can be.

It would have been interesting had this witness been asked if Martin MacNeill was using a cane, or if he was limping or if he recounted that he was dying of toe cancer and/or MS.

I was puzzled as to why Martin would have needed to juggle around the awards ceremony time. Now I think he realized Michele meant to be out at lunch with Ada and didn't want to risk anyone seeing her looking pretty much recovered before killing her and getting to pass her off as all died up and to weak to keep from drowning in the tub.

A little confused here as to what the defense was on about trying to impeach Rachel's assertion that he mom was too sick on Easter to participate.?

Me too. That may get clarified when the Children testify. I wonder if there was another test run drugging her to the max? Was she over medicated? Vomited perhaps? Or was Martin being horrible and Michele stayed in bed so the Children could enjoy their Easter?

Morning recess. All these witnesses are on the stand for a very short period. I guess I am use to the JA case where witnesses were on the stand for a long time just rambling on and were not stopped. This is very different kind of trial for me, I guess.
Seems like the defense do not have many cross questions for these witnesses. Maybe short and sweet is beneficial to to prosecution.

hey Rinki :seeya:

I think they need a prosecutor like Juan to deal with a witness like Gypsy who is not being truthful about her "casual friendship/involvement" with MM. The Prosecution doesn't seem to be "digging" enough to get the truth out. Is that because their hands are tied because of the "deal" with Gypsy?
Get Juan- he will make all the witnesses spill the beans. Juan should start a school for budding lawyers-:facepalm:

picture.php

She HAD a child??

It seems to me I read that her parents took her child because she no longer wanted to be bothered when the child was about two. Wish the prosecution could have jumped on that!

The Arias trial dragged on and on.
This one is going faster than the speed of light.
I go get a cup of coffee and the witness is excused.
In the Arias trial, the witness was on the stand and I had 10 cups of coffee { not really 10 cups} just exaggerating a statement here..
this trial is really a BOOM BOOM BOOM trial. Wonder if the jury will do likewise?
And be all done with it before Thanksgiving?

It should be IIRC. Yes I do believe what we are seeing is a typical murder trial. We have been privy to soooo many high profile trials. Seems the more high profile the longer they go. Oh and much drama.

My guess would be she was pretty smug cause she took a deal to testify against MM and she ended up with little or no jail time for her part in the identity theft and the fraud. But then she also stipulated what she would testify to on the stand......win/win for her.....and cause for her to be really smug. Just my opinion, no links!

Cuz she's a Sociopath. She doesn't care. Also IMO Gypsy was rather "kind" about her testimony of Martin. Is she hoping he is found NG and they can ride off into the sunset :banghead:

JUDGE DEREK PULLAN was appointed to the Fourth District Court in Utah County in 2003. He received his law degree from Brigham Young University in 1993, graduating *advertiser censored* laude.

He then worked as a clerk at the Utah Supreme Court until 1994. He served as deputy county attorney in Washington and Wasatch counties in Utah from 1994 to 1999. Judge Pullan was appointed to serve as the Wasatch County Attorney from 1999 to 2003. He was elected presiding judge in 2007 and served two terms. He is also an adjunct professor at the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University.

The judge seems like a no nonsense, very serious person. He controls that courtroom and is very thorough with explanations when rendering decisions. IMHO

hey Rinki :seeya:

I think they need a prosecutor like Juan to deal with a witness like Gypsy who is not being truthful about her "casual friendship/involvement" with MM. The Prosecution doesn't seem to be "digging" enough to get the truth out. Is that because their hands are tied because of the "deal" with Gypsy?
Get Juan- he will make all the witnesses spill the beans. Juan should start a school for budding lawyers-:facepalm:

picture.php

Seems to me that because of the "deal" with Gypsy they should have gone after her when she was hedging the lies. They clearly know that she was lying and that could affect her "deal" possibly sending her back to prison. Instead they appeared to treat her with kid gloves.

MOO

Back in court, video of Ada I believe. Then apparently done for the day? It appears that Ada will not take the stand today, even for cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend