Was Burke involved in JB's death?

• Burke was involved in the death of JBR

Votes: 377 59.6%
  • Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

Votes: 256 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the investigators inside the case he WAS "front and center" from DAY ONE. His age at the time prevented him from being named as a suspect under Colorado law.
He very likely remembers everything. He wasn't an infant, after all. No matter how many years ago, you remember the night your sister was murdered in your own home on Christmas night (especially if you were involved).
It doesn't surprise anyone he has kept silent, but not for the reasons you state. Why would he talk?
Why do you think the DA declined to prosecute? This was a case that couldn't be prosecuted, really. If it was BR and considering his age at the time, the parents could have been charged as the indictment stated- accessory to murder. There was also obstruction and tampering with evidence (the coverup). Under Colorado law, IF in doing so the identity of the child under 10 would be revealed, that may have been one good reason why the DA refused to proceed. And that may prevent the present DA from going after JR on those same charges.

Ah. Sorry. I just wouldn't think that Burke himself would know that he was front and center of the investigation. I'm not as read up on the case and you and other posters are. Apologies. As for memories of JonBenet, I'm always kind of thinking that he's blocked her out for the most part.

I think they were more concerned about protecting themselves. I think they may have felt guilty for not dealing with the issue of Burke sexually abusing his sister.
But ultimately it was the facade they were trying to protect, not Burke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Exactly. If there were medical records that needed sealing, and an island of privacy that needed to be formed, it's unlikely that they could have claimed ignorance. Imo, it's much less about BR being under 10yo and to what extent they knew the law, who did they call that night and all that - and much more about the nature of what was going on and the fact that they were aware and failed to effectively protect JBR.
And that is also exactly in part what they were indicted for.

Sorry for the OT, if I missed it, my apologies, what is the small cross symbol I am noticing in Kolar's book?

I think they were more concerned about protecting themselves. I think they may have felt guilty for not dealing with the issue of Burke sexually abusing his sister.
But ultimately it was the facade they were trying to protect, not Burke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What evidence is there that Burke sexually molested JonBenet?

What evidence is there that Burke sexually molested JonBenet?

IMO someone in that house had been sexually abusing her ... He's as likely a suspect as are his parents. IMO

There is some evidence that points to each of the Ramsey's. Johns shirt fibers in her panties, screams heard from the bathroom when Patsy had her in there, Burke discovered under the blankets with her, the books given to the parents for dealing with a troubled child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO someone in that house had been sexually abusing her ... He's as likely a suspect as are his parents. IMO

There is some evidence that points to each of the Ramsey's. Johns shirt fibers in her panties, screams heard from the bathroom when Patsy had her in there, Burke discovered under the blankets with her, the books given to the parents for dealing with a troubled child.

So, basically "Burke discovered under the blankets with her"

So, basically "Burke discovered under the blankets with her"

IDK, but would the book on dealing with a sexually aggressive child fall into this category ? Or do you reckon that JBR was sexually aggressive ? It really is a labyrinth,this case ...jmo moo

IF BDI I don't understand how now as an adult he can watch his parents being called abusers and cold-blooded killers without coming clean about what happened.His reputation is stained for life anyway.I bet people would understand and forgive both him and his parents for covering it up if he tells the truth.I really do.He can't be charged,JR is still in danger though.I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and go on with my life if I knew that my problem ruined my family (not only mom and dad,my siblings,my grandpa,etc).

If BDI, I'm sure the parents had an all-niter with him, on what would happen to him if anyone found out. Also a 10-yr-old that would kill their sister (or anyone else) has some serious issues. I would like to hear from his teachers, friends of the family and such, and get a feel for who he is.
Generally, once a nut-job, you don't just straighten up and fly right. There would be other signs, maybe just not murder.
I'm not saying he did it, but I have always believed someone in that house did, and they all know who. There had to be a very good reason for the parents to stick together in the lie.
All MOO.

If BDI, I'm sure the parents had an all-niter with him, on what would happen to him if anyone found out. Also a 10-yr-old that would kill their sister (or anyone else) has some serious issues. I would like to hear from his teachers, friends of the family and such, and get a feel for who he is.
Generally, once a nut-job, you don't just straighten up and fly right. There would be other signs, maybe just not murder.
I'm not saying he did it, but I have always believed someone in that house did, and they all know who. There had to be a very good reason for the parents to stick together in the lie.
All MOO.

IIRC BR's teacher testified before the GJ...would be interesting to know what she had to say

All MOO.

It does seem amazing that he could be capable of such depravity and then be able to be a good decade into adulthood with no criminal history.

Kolar wrote that therapy is quite successful for the issues he raised as a possibility. If a family member was sexually abusing him, I can imagine JonBenet's murder might put paid to that once and for all as the stakes got much higher. Children can have a precocious interest in sexuality, I have read that people who grow up with kinky orientations often become aware of that interest as a child - if you combined that with terrible family dynamics which appear to border on abuse, a undeveloped sense of empathy, lack of understanding permanent consequences and poor impulse control (maybe as a result of something that could be diagnosed, maybe because of parental problems, fallout from the cancer) ... maybe, with enough support, that child could be course corrected. I would imagine that if the tying up, choking etc was done by Burke and not as staging, he would probably still be that way inclined, like many consensual adults, still. So it would be a piece of the puzzle if an ex mentioned something like that.

Are you sure. IIRC Kolar states they were boots ?
e
Yes. BR admitted having them- after his parents denied it. Some of his friends also told police he had them. All the Hi-Tec shoes/boots had a similar sole, and logo on the bottom. Many LE wear Hi-Tecs too. It was never proven who the print belonged to. The print could not be "dated" as to when it was left.

Are you sure. IIRC Kolar states they were boots ?
e
Yes. BR admitted having them- after his parents denied it. Some of his friends also told police he had them. All the Hi-Tec shoes/boots had a similar sole, and logo on the bottom. Many LE wear Hi-Tecs too. It was never proven who the print belonged to. The print could not be "dated" as to when it was left.

Were they ever able to estimate shoe size from the partial shoe print left behind? A 9 year old boy's shoe would leave a much smaller print than an adult police officer's, right?

The imprint was of the poon (logo) and is the same size on all the Hi Tec shoes.

Btw, I think the confusion between "boots" and "shoes" comes from them being hiking shoes, which are also commonly referred to as boots.

All MOO.

If JBR was the focal point of his jealousy and rage he may never kill again. But, I agree his ex-girlfriend(s) or boyfriend(s) would probably say he was not a normal guy.

I am about 60% of the way through Kolar's book on my kindle, and have followed off and on over the years, so my opinion might not hold too much weight here. But, I just had a random thought that if he was having behavioral issues, either due to home environment or a diagnosable condition; I wonder if that is why the dog shared residence with the neighbor? Often, someone with anger issues will take things out on a smaller victim (younger sister, smaller animal).

I know the dog was away for the night because of a trip, but I recall reading something about the neighbor basically sharing the dog. I wonder if it was because they were worried about BR hurting the dog?

ps. I have some personal experience with this is why I bring it up - not me, but someone I know.

I am about 60% of the way through Kolar's book on my kindle, and have followed off and on over the years, so my opinion might not hold too much weight here. But, I just had a random thought that if he was having behavioral issues, either due to home environment or a diagnosable condition; I wonder if that is why the dog shared residence with the neighbor? Often, someone with anger issues will take things out on a smaller victim (younger sister, smaller animal).

I know the dog was away for the night because of a trip, but I recall reading something about the neighbor basically sharing the dog. I wonder if it was because they were worried about BR hurting the dog?

ps. I have some personal experience with this is why I bring it up - not me, but someone I know.

I agree with your concerns about the dog, I wondered the same.
Just imagine if they protected the dog and not their daughter how that would make them feel...

I gotta stop, they don't deserve my momentary sympathy if the above was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member