GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spencer is just being beyond rude. I understand if he's frustrated, but he's supposed to be a professional. IMO.

Temperature also varies on how you take it! Core, rectally, orally, ear. WTH? Also if there are warming blankets on or heated fluids being given. Organ temp is going to be the key here.

I don't think attorney Spencer is any more rude than he has to be to deal with a witness like Dr. Perper. Some of this is theatrics and taking personal affront is more than I am willing to do. :)

Redirect should be fun. I expect a great job like with Alexis, where it was concise and reinforced many key points. Easy for the jury to grasp after the mishmash from the defense.

Figure all that on your board Mr. Spencer!!

I cannot take it! I think the furrows on MM's brow are caused by him thinking he should have hired the other guy to defend him.

Spenser is starting to sounds like the adults on Peanuts cartoons to me. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....

:giggle:

Spencer is having the expert read the aloud the body temperature recorded of the deceased at various points from several years before her death, but made a point of how much he was being paid for his testimony? Really?
Why not have the doctor read aloud every time her temperature was recorded, I'm sure the jury will want to know....oh wait, I think he might be doing that.
Didn't Dr. Perper say time of death couldn't be determined by temperature?

I would like to thank the defense though - I did not know that constipation prevented drowning. Good to know.

What happened? HLN here :please::tantrum:

Spencer made a disrespectful gesture and comment to Dr. Perper regarding he could answer a certain way on redirect.

If Spencer had the facts on his side he would not have to act so disrespectfully.

Shoot. I guess the inmates will not be testifying today now. We all know how that 1 hr. in Spencer's mind is days (daze) judging from Alexis' 30 minute cross :banghead:

This reminds me of the time in 9th grade when my mom tried to explain Algebra to my Algebra teacher!

I think this is Spencer's tactic.

He is monotone and repeats and rehash a lot, boring the jury and "getting lost in translation".

I've also noticed that with some of the witness he ends every sentence the same way. When doing so enough times, the listener (jury) will automatically start to end his sentences for him (in their mind.) That way the mind gets a little unconcentrated.

Tactics!

Spencer is having the expert read the aloud the body temperature recorded of the deceased at various points from several years before her death, but made a point of how much he was being paid for his testimony? Really?
Why not have the doctor read aloud every time her temperature was recorded, I'm sure the jury will want to know....oh wait, I think he might be doing that.
Didn't Dr. Perper say time of death couldn't be determined by temperature?

I would like to thank the defense though - I did not know that constipation prevented drowning. Good to know.

NO! Really constipation can prevent drowning? I am more lost than I thought. I believe I have come to the point where I just tune it all out but still have it going. I wonder how the jury is doing with this testimony?

Thanks though to all who are wading through this and posting the vital testimony.......LOL I did say vital like in taking the vitals including the temperature.......

Oh no Spence is back to drawing to make it easier for the expert to understand... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member