IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

http://www.8newsnow.chttp://www.8newsnow.com/story/23062691/i-team-dna-used-to-help-solve-mystery-of-mans-true-identityom/story/23062691/i-team-dna-used-to-help-solve-mystery-of-mans-true-identity

This story has a picture of an old newspaper clipping from the time of the kidnapping stating that "about a dozen hospital workers, including nurses, remembered seeing the white-clad stranger at various times that day."

I wonder if any of those workers are still alive, and if they've been interviewed. Personally, I understand how the parents might come across as angry when confronted with this news. I don't think I would be angry, but very hurt to have confirmation that the son I've raised for nearly 50 years isn't actually my biological son at all. Even if they are able to find him, the parents are in their 80s now. There's not much time left to get to know their biological child and the emotional stress has got to take a huge toll on their health. It sounds like they're starting to come around and realize that it's not just about them, but helping "Paul" to find some answers as well. What a heartbreaking story; even if resolved, I'm not sure this one is going to have a happy ending.

ITA. I don't see anything odd in Paula's reaction. She lost a child, then thought she found him. It has been almost 50 years. During this time she believed this was her child, or at least convinced herself this was her child. So to find out this is not her child is upsetting, to say the least.

Unfortunately, many folks in their 80's begin to develop "senility". This often involves inappropriate emotions such as misplaced anger, a lack of ability to deal with stressful situations, and a tendency to lose the ability feel empathy for others. This could be the case here.

I hope this man gets a hit through the ancestry dna base! That way he would possibly find some relatives.

Over 80% of the US population has European ancestry. I think it would be relatively safe to assume that 100% of white people have European ancestry. I just don't think it means he was dumped directly off the plane. JMO

I understand that we all emigrated from somewhere, but if you read my post, it was one of the five or six reasons I think the proximity of Newark Airport and the lack of the FBI being able to link him to any missing boys in the US is important.

I don't know how downtown Newark was in the '60s, but, in my opinion, it's so random to find a blonde-haired Caucasian child there that it seems not random at all. So being familiar with the area, I thought to myself, "Why downtown Newark? What would be the appeal of downtown Newark?" And then it dawned on me how fast and easy it is to get to the airport from there.

If you guys would like to start a separate thread in the UID forum for our unknown boy, please feel free. Or let me know, and I can move some posts over for you.

NCMEC has done an age-progression for Paul...

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCFB&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

NCFB1216848e1.jpg

I watched 20/20 tonight and, after seeing the original video of the parents, especially the mother 'plea' for her baby. She didn't seem genuine, she thought that whoever took him must have really wanted a child (not the exact words), but I didn't hear her ask for her baby back. Of course, I know, this was a short clip, but still, she didn't act like a mother who's baby was recently stolen. I don't think the baby made it to be two days old. Mother reminded me so much like Susan Smith. Husband looks like he's hovering, making sure she said the correct thing. And now, it's revealed that they would not submit to DNA to find their "missing" child...really??? Who wouldn't want to know?

I realize she was in the hospital at the time, but the abductor was there at 9:30 and 1:30? Mom was alone for 20 minutes? I may be wrong though, were there other mothers in the same room? I know in 1964, private rooms probably weren't the norm.

I haven't seen 20/20 but from reading the news reports linked on here:

1. The parents have already submitted their DNA willingly. The DNA results is how this whole thing started.
2. The woman who kidnapped the day-old baby was seen on hospital security video tape leaving the building with the baby and getting into a cab.

Apologies ahead of time if I misunderstood anything.

Best,
JWD

I realize she was in the hospital at the time, but the abductor was there at 9:30 and 1:30? Mom was alone for 20 minutes? I may be wrong though, were there other mothers in the same room? I know in 1964, private rooms probably weren't the norm.

I read in one of the old newspaper articles that are posted on PF's FB page, that YES, there was another Mother in the same room.

By
I haven't seen 20/20 but from reading the news reports linked on here:

1. The parents have already submitted their DNA willingly. The DNA results is how this whole thing started.
2. The woman who kidnapped the day-old baby was seen on hospital security video tape leaving the building with the baby and getting into a cab.
You may be correct, but from what I gathered from 20/20, neither the parents nor the brother would submit DNA for verification (that may have changed) and I didn't realize video cameras were common practice back in 1964. I thought it was a statement from a cab driver who said he picked up a woman from the hospital and she had a newborn. Remember this is before child car seats were used - my mom didn't have one when I was brought home from the hospital - she held me in her arms and my dad drove the car. Chicago is a big city. How did the cab driver know for a fact that it was the Fronczak baby? The newspaper article that I read said that police theorized that she took a cab.

EDIT: The parents submitted DNA to verify that Paul wasn't their child, but would not submit it again when at least four men came forward thinking that they may be the real Fronzcak child. Why? Wouldn't you want to know what happened to your baby? They knew from the beginning that Paul really wasn't their child.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I read in one of the old newspaper articles that are posted on PF's FB page, that YES, there was another Mother in the same room.

But was she in the room during the 20 minutes when the fake nurse took the baby, and the real nurse came to get him? Was the husband in the room?

I'm playing the devil's advocate, I know, but the video of the parents seemed odd. Like I said, she had the same mannerisms as Susan Smith.

I stand corrected. It was the cab driver's statement, not video tape. There are numerous articles about that. In this one:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1798&dat=19640424&id=ggcdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7YsEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5794,3504230

Lee Kelsey, the cabbie, isn't vaguely remembering some random woman. He said she telephoned for a cab, and that he had picked up her near the hospital "3 times within the last month." She told him, "The baby is sick and the doctors at the hospital couldn't take care of it. I'm going to my own doctor." He said she was dressed as a nurse and was too old to have a baby (between 40 and 50). He gave the police a good enough description for them to put the sketch in the paper. A witness came forward that had seen the woman in the area where the cabbie dropped her off. The witness said that she had a baby in a green-and-white receiving blanket and appeared to be waiting on a bus.

Sounds like she cased the hospital ahead of time, looking for a male newborn, and timed her escape in a cab (the quickest mode of travel if you didn't have a car or didn't want to risk your car tag number being seen by any witnesses) to a bus stop. She may have taken a series of buses or been picked up by a friend or relative.

These actions are evidence of a premeditated, well-thought out crime. Not a spur-of-the-moment, in the throes of postpartum depression or whatever, mother.

Judging by the baby-stealing cases I've read about in the past 50 years, the fake nurse wanted a baby desperately, couldn't give birth (or had a baby that died) and was too emotionally unstable to make a good adoption candidate. That or she was part of a baby-snatcher ring that sold babies to couples who weren't good adoption candidates.
:twocents:

I'm new to this case. I had seen it mentioned in the Sharon Marshall threads. I remember being bummed that there wasn't more info out there. I was thrilled when this 20/20 ep came up and watched it right away.

I too am baffled by the parents not wanting to provide their DNA to possibly find Paul 1.0. It's pretty obvious that they knew from the start that Paul 2.0 wasn't their bio son. I guess they finally submitted to the DNA test for Paul 2.0 because they knew he was not going to give up. It makes me sad for all involved that this has caused a rift in their family.

I didn't find Mrs. F's affect to be at all strange in the video. In fact, her demeanor reminded me very much of my grandmother. Had my gran been in that situation, under so much duress, she would have been a carbon copy of Mrs. F.

I can't remember the names of the possible Paul 1.0 candidates in the show. The first one profiled though, I think was the best possible match. His features were very much similar to the younger F brother and Mr. F. If I were Paul 2.0, I would be making nice with my family and going on covert ops to get toothbrushes! How the heck can they NOT want to know? That's the one thing that makes me raise an eyebrow somewhat. Is it possible that Mrs. F knew this woman who took the baby? I don't know. I just hope Paul 2.0 (who is insanely handsome btw!) get answers of who he really is.

I can't remember the names of the possible Paul 1.0 candidates in the show. The first one profiled though, I think was the best possible match. His features were very much similar to the younger F brother and Mr. F. If I were Paul 2.0, I would be making nice with my family and going on covert ops to get toothbrushes! How the heck can they NOT want to know? That's the one thing that makes me raise an eyebrow somewhat. Is it possible that Mrs. F knew this woman who took the baby? I don't know. I just hope Paul 2.0 (who is insanely handsome btw!) get answers of who he really is.
That's what amazes me. I wouldn't care how old I am or how long I've been searching, I would want to know what happened to my baby. And I think everyone here would agree. Unless the mother already knew that none of the men were going to be a match for the DNA, wouldn't she want to know? I think Mrs. F knows what happened to her baby, either by her or her husband's hand, or because she knew who the woman was. She did say something to the effect that maybe the woman who took him really wanted a baby (not her exact words). I know that Paul said he had a great childhood, but I wonder what the situation (financially or emotionally) was at the time of the birth?

Did the other mother in the room witness the abduction?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back