GUILTY WI - Aprina Paul, 18, Fitchburg, 27 Oct 2013

Ashley426

Reaction score
First article: Fitchburg woman reported missing, police say

Aprina Paul has been missing since 10 p.m. on Sunday, after she left a residence on King James Way and went into a vehicle with an unknown male...

Aprina+Paul.jpg

----------

Second article: Search for missing teen leads to Rock County

Paul is 5'3" and weighs 160 pounds with dark brown hair. When last seen she was wearing black stretch pants, black shoes and a black or gray leather jacket.

Anyone with information on Aprina Paul is asked to call Fitchburg Police at 608-270-4300 or Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.

It is now being said that she might have deceased at a residence in Rock County.

Aprina Paul may have died at 1206 W. US Highway 14 in Evansville. That information was given to the Sheriff's office by Fitchburg police.

Nathan Middleton, who was in the home on Highway 14, has been taken into custody on a probation violation. He has not been charged with a crime.

-----------

Third article (most recent): Sheriff: Remains found in fire pit near Evansville home

EP-131109953.jpg&MaxW=332

Rock County authorities found human remains in the backyard fire pit of a home near Evansville on Saturday as they investigated a tip that a Dane County woman might have died there, officials said.

While evidence points to someone trying to dispose of a body at the house on Highway 14 in the town of Porter, Sheriff Robert Spoden said, investigators have not yet found anything to indicate the death was a homicide.

Authorities recovered “forensic evidence” from a fire pit behind the one-story gray house, Spoden said.

Neighbors had seen a fire burning outside the house for “about a week,” according to WISC-TV.

Spoden said authorities also found evidence that Paul had been at the home, which sits on a rural section of Highway 14 about 1½ miles east of Evansville.

If this turns out to be Aprina Paul, bless her family. I'll be waiting for more information in this case. :rose:

Another article with more information that seems to humanize Aprina a little more. After reading what her brother said about her, she seems like a really great young woman. It also contains more information about the home where she was possibly found.

Evansville residence is scene of death investigation

Her brother, Adonius Paul, 16, said Aprina is the oldest of four children. She graduated from Madison West High School earlier this year, he said, and was working at Madison School & Community Recreation’s after-school program at Leopold Elementary School.

Asked to describe his older sister, Adonius said, “A great person — my best friend.”

“She liked taking our family out to eat or to the movies,” he said.

Adonius said police had asked the family not to divulge any details about her disappearance to avoid compromising the investigation.

5275a758f3c2b.preview-300.jpg

what? they think she is deceased already?

Yes, she was last seen on the 27th (one week ago).

It seems that the story didn't hit the media until the 30th. Then yesterday, Fitchburg police were said to have given the tip to the Sheriff's office that she might have deceased at the residence.

They have yet to confirm nor deny that the body is hers. (Although I believe it to be.)

The NBC15 article was recently updated, just today. It includes a little more information about what police seized from the Highway 14 home.

UPDATED: Authorities find female human remains inside a burn pit, in Rock County

Rock County Sheriff's have seized a number of items from the home in Evansville, believed to be of evidentiary value.

Among the items retrieved from the home, were bone fragments pulled from a burn pit on the property. After being transported to the Rock Co. Coroner's Office, the bone was determined to be of female human remains. Further forensic analysis is needed to determine the identity of the deceased person. Rock Co. detectives are still investigating the case. Nathan Middleton remains in custody at the Rock County Jail on a probation hold.

Doesn't seem to be looking good, unfortunately. With evidence found that she WAS at the home, a fire burning there for days, and female bone fragments discovered in the fire pit...it's looking grim to me. :(

Keeping her family in my thoughts :rose:

:please:

First article: Fitchburg woman reported missing, police say

Aprina+Paul.jpg

----------

Second article: Search for missing teen leads to Rock County

It is now being said that she might have deceased at a residence in Rock County.

-----------

Third article (most recent): Sheriff: Remains found in fire pit near Evansville home

If this turns out to be Aprina Paul, bless her family. I'll be waiting for more information in this case. :rose:

"investigators have not yet found anything to indicate the death was a homicide."

Really???? There are human bones found in a fire pit and this doesn't indicate a homicide? What are they thinking...that she fell in the fire pit on her OWN!? Give me a break!

"investigators have not yet found anything to indicate the death was a homicide."

Really???? There are human bones found in a fire pit and this doesn't indicate a homicide? What are they thinking...that she fell in the fire pit on her OWN!? Give me a break!

That's what I've been thinking since I read the first article! :facepalm: At least the guy whose house it is is still in police custody. Still waiting to see if anymore details come forward soon...

Maybe they have some information that leads them to believe it was the result of an accident or other unintended incident that someone was involved in and tried to cover up? An overdose, accidental shooting, etc. There just isn't a lot of information here considering it sounds horrific, and the phrasing they are using is odd.

Not saying these things are the case, but that is where I could see the non-committal language coming from. Either way, to actually burn a body and let the family suffer with not knowing is still repulsive, regardless of the circumstances.

Edit to add: Per http://gazettextra.com/article/20131103/ARTICLES/131109940: Paul's family told the Wisconsin State Journal she had responded to a Craigslist ad for “partying” last week.

Scary.

Middleton's wife is very outspoken about this on Facebook. I'm assuming they live together. How could she have not known or smelled anything from the fire pit?!?

From what I saw she was accepting his guilt.

oh how horrible. I hope we have some answers soon.

Wisconsin criminal records are available online. It looks like Mr. Middleton spent much of the past 7 years in prison on various burglary/theft charges. Other charges, including weapons and harassment type charges were dismissed through a plea deals. Looks like he was released from prison in 2012 and is on probation for 3 years. Terms of the probation include not to consume any alcohol and subject to random testing by blood, breath or urine.

So with the comment made in MSM about her responding to a Craigslist ad about "partying", it seems possible that they got together to party, and something happened to her. Since "partying" is a parole violation, he might have panicked and decided to coverup the accident rather than calling for help.

Here is a link to the online records search: http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl;jsessionid=0828C2AAB4EDE0AFD0505416CE2841C1.render6

This article has some information about the Craigslist ad and connection to Middleton. http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_8a282b09-c9e3-562e-a489-587e4029591b.html

Officials from the Rock County Sheriff’s Office told Alice L. that a 29-year-old man took out an ad on Craigslist for “partying” and her daughter, Aprina Paul, 18, responded.

The same article says that Middleton and his girlfriend just moved into that house on October 15. I hope LE goes and checks for any signs of fire at his previous residence.

Was this a party for two? Where was the gf while he was having said party and I wonder if she was the tipster. Maybe she thought it and was afraid of him??

Oh dear...she responded to a Craig's list ad for partying? :(

Was this a party for two? Where was the gf while he was having said party and I wonder if she was the tipster. Maybe she thought it and was afraid of him??

From reading all of the articles posted here, it sounds to me like LE found the connection to Middleton by looking into Aprina's computer/internet history. They found that she had responded to an ad for "partying" on Craigslist. Once they found Middleton, he admitted that she had been at the house. I don't think the girlfriend was the tipster. JMO

Here is a simple example of what the media is reporting. There are more details in some of the other articles previously posted.

Rock County Sheriff Robert Spoden says he's confident those remains are those of 18-year-old Aprina Paul of Fitchburg who went missing last week. Spoden says she met the man who lived there online-- Nathan Middleton.

Middleton had moved in to the rental property just a couple of weeks ago with his fiancé and her five month old baby. Middleton is now a person of interest. He led investigators to where the remains were but did not confess to a murder. Middleton has a criminal history...
http://www.nbc15.com/news/crimetracker/headlines/Police-look-for-missing-teen-229921881.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back