Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had someone touch my heart like Michelle Knight does. Every time I learn of another horrible thing she lived through, my heart just breaks in two for her. But each time I hear or read something she says, or something she did to survive, my heart swells with love and admiration for this woman.
Her spirit and strength are immense.

Dr. Phil does have a PhD in clinical psychology. He held a license to practice psychology in good standing until 2006, when he voluntarily chose not to renew it. He has practiced as a therapist in the past. However, his show is classified as "entertainment" now and he claims to have retired from psychology. Hope that helps.

Pretty sure Dr. Phil was charged by the California Board with some sort of violation for his antics with Britney Spears in 2008 for misrepresenting himself as a psychologist. He was also reprimanded by the Texas Board in the eighties for an inappropriate relationship with a client. And while he maintained a license until 2006, he hasn't practiced since the nineties. He was doing some sort of consultation work from the mid-nineties until he was picked up by Oprah.

TLDR, he's an entertainment figure, not a professional.

The most disturbing thing I heard today was that Castro snapped Michelle Knight's favorite dog's neck in front of her after the dog bit him trying to protect her =(

My partner will be adding the footage to our website shortly. We're just trying to convert the media to mp4 format. It's a recording of a TV... the best we have been given so far. Please contact us if you have better footage!

BTW, we posted on twitter as we watched Michelle's appearance on Dr. Phil. Check it out for more details, if you haven't watched the episode.

www.twitter.com/clevelandkidnap

ygnd.jpg

#laziness

Okay, all parts of the first day of Michelle's interview with Dr. Phil have been posted on www.clevelandkidnappings.com

Michelle on Dr. Phil - PART 1

Michelle on Dr. Phil - PART 2

Michelle on Dr. Phil - PART 3

Michelle on Dr. Phil - PART 4

Michelle on Dr. Phil - PART 5 <-- video fixed

Michelle on Dr. Phil - PART 6

Michelle on Dr. Phil - PART 7

Please COMMENT on clevelandkidnappings.com if you watch the videos there.... or at least click "like" them so we feel popular. Thank you!! :loveyou:

Thank you SO much for posting these.

I plan on watching it. But I feel Dr. Phil exploits everyone for ratings, so I hope he "donated" to all the 4 victims funds. If she has the courage to speak her truth, I have the courage to hear her and will honor her with my time to listen to her courage to survive. And I can't stand Dr.(lol Dr.) Phil.

Dr. Phil totally plugged his own book during the interview, but at least it prompted a bigass smile from Michelle =)

PM: You're obviously very intelligent. You read well. You've read my book. You read "Self-Manners", right?
MK: Yeah (smiles)
PM: Thank you for that, by the way.
MK: I loved it.
PM: Well, thank you. And that's not an easy book to read!
MK: No (laughs)

xpav.jpg

At the very end of the show, Dr. Phil implied that he gave Michelle a hefty donation. Not sure why there is a separate Dr. Phil fund set up for Michelle though. Why not plug the Cleveland Courage Fund?

The only reasons I can think of are (a) Dr. Phil is gaining monetarily from Michelle (b) he is using Michelle for (more) notoriety, or (c) he is providing Michelle with a way to receive donations separately from the other girls. I'm not sure, but I don't really care all that much. All my donations have gone -- and will continue to go -- to the CCF, and that is the only fund that I endorse on the CKIA website, to date.

I just wanted to point out that this brave strong young woman has been through so much and no one doubts her story. She suffered horrible torture that no human being deserves.

Her story on doctor Phil was full of contradictions. These are the things defense lawyers exploit when defending pedophiles & sex offenders.

I want everyone to take note and pass the information on. children and adults that suffer horrific abuse over time did not take notes, their thoughts, fears and reality get blended and confused. They're busy trying to survive another day.

So the next time someone hears contradictions in a victims testimony remember this young woman's ordeal. There is NO DOUBTING her story. She's lucky in that there were two other victims. Many others do not have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8CQA9o6y0"]MICHELLE KNIGHT kidnapped victim sings " HERO" in victory ! - YouTube[/ame]

Love this Gina's father in the back dancing and clapping! at 2:24 Michelle has quite the voice she sang the song great!

I wonder if Michelle approached Dr. Phil, or if he approached her. Telling her story seems to give Michelle strength, and I feel it is entirely her story to tell, or not tell, to whoever she wants. Whether it is Michelle or Dr. Phil, or the two of them together, who decided not to try and tell Amanda and Gina's stories, I applaud that decision. It shows true respect for their rights and their healing.

While it seems to give Michelle strength to tell her story, it is obviously painful for her when she is shown pictures of the chains that kept her a prisoner, and she is visibly in pain when answering questions about her son. Something maternal in me wanted to run up on that stage and clock Dr. Phil at those times. I hope there is some maternal influence in Michelle's life who only has her best interests at heart. She is a strong, brave woman, but she deserves a protector.

Thank you for sharing =) I believe that both those videos (or similar ones) are on my website. Hope those of you who visit CKIA take advantage of the video categories feature. All videos we've posted of each of the girls are here:

VIDEOS: Amanda Berry
VIDEOS: Gina DeJesus
VIDEOS: Michelle Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads