Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 105 lbs (48 kg)
Missing From: CLAIRTON, PA, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Toni was last seen at approximately 7 p.m. at Miller and Mitchell Avenues. She was wearing a black jacket with the inscription "Clairton Band" and orange trim around the waist and cuffs. Her name, "Toni," was on the front of her jacket.

Pennsylvania State Police - Missing Persons Unit 1-412-929-6262

Click here: Poster
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=603360&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Missing for 25 years...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Toni Lynn McNatt-Chiappetta
Missing since November 5, 1981

ennsylvania.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: May 31, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2" (157 cm); 105 lbs (48 kg).
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue/green/hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Mole on the left side of her neck. She has light freckles across her face and a scar on the left side of her stomach. Mole on the right front of her nose and pierced ears.
Clothing: A black jacket with the Clairton Band imprinted on the back. The jacket had orange trim around the waist and cuffs. Toni was imprinted on the front.

Circumstances of Disappearance

McNatt was last seen at approximately 7:00 PM on November 5, 1981 in her hometown of Clairton, Pennsylvania. She was enroute to a rally at her school and was last seen on Miller and Mitchell Avenues. McNatt never arrived at school.
In August 2001, state police told the media that they plan to question a former friend and neighbor of the McNatt family. Toni's family believes she wouldn't have just gone with someone without putting up a fight. Whoever it was, it was somebody she trusted.

The family said that McNatt would have trusted the family friend who's now charged with raping a woman in her home. He had been questioned previously about McNatt's disappearance, and state police said that they plan to question him again in the wake of his arrest.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pennsylvania State Police
Trooper Tim Cross
412-929-6262
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCMEC #: NCMC603360
NCIC Number: M-361080215
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
WTAE-TV
The Doe Network: Case File 265DFPA

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/265dfpa.html

Probably was this neighbor (i know, innocent until proven guilty, but we all know what sex offenders are capable of).

Isn't it sad and scarey that usually the answers in these cases are REALLY close by. It's likely the family still sees this guy from time to time (unless, of course, he moved away afterward).

I still believe that the neighbor who lived nearby killed her. She didnt make it to the school, and that was on her way there. She wasnt running away, so its either a case of the step parent, or the neighbor, and I go for the neighbor!

After reading that article from the Post-Gazette, the now-deceased father/stepfather(?), Sam Chiapetta, seems extremely suspicious. Perhaps authorities should dig up the cement porch at the duplex where Toni's family had lived.

"Many things about the case, and Chiapetta's possible role in it, continued to trouble the detective. Shortly after Toni's disappearance, Chiapetta -- never one for home improvements -- replaced the duplex's wooden back porch with a cement one. Toni's older sister, Ms. Paolicelli, told Mr. Scully that she woke to find her father touching her sexually one day, a few months after her sister's disappearance."

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/s...e-to-resolve-a-cold-case/stories/201311050130

After reading that article from the Post-Gazette, the now-deceased father/stepfather(?), Sam Chiapetta, seems extremely suspicious. Perhaps authorities should dig up the cement porch at the duplex where Toni's family had lived.

"Many things about the case, and Chiapetta's possible role in it, continued to trouble the detective. Shortly after Toni's disappearance, Chiapetta -- never one for home improvements -- replaced the duplex's wooden back porch with a cement one. Toni's older sister, Ms. Paolicelli, told Mr. Scully that she woke to find her father touching her sexually one day, a few months after her sister's disappearance."

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/s...e-to-resolve-a-cold-case/stories/201311050130

I think it's either the neighbor or step-father that killed her. LE should investigate the replaced porch. I would consider both of them suspects in this case. Which one did this? I think it's a 50/50 shot for either person. What a terrible situation for this poor family!

Satch

I think it's either the neighbor or step-father that killed her. LE should investigate the replaced porch. I would consider both of them suspects in this case. Which one did this? I think it's a 50/50 shot for either person. What a terrible situation for this poor family!

Satch

I agree. The article in the Post-Gazette focused on the father and very little on the neighbor. His story may have been similar (or worse)...or more than one person may have known what happened to Toni.

NCMC603360e1.jpg

Toni's photo is shown age-progressed to 48 years.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/603360/1

http://www.wtae.com/news/New-clue-in-search-for-missing-Clairton-girl-34-years-later/36285064

Bumping, wish there was a new article to post about this case.

UPDATE: The second part of Toni's last name has been updated from "Chiapetta" to "Chiappetta" in the thread title.

This is a local case for me. I doubt her case is still active. Where she went missing from is somewhere I wouldn't live these days. A lot of crime happens. Clairton is right along the Mon River. I wonder if they ever searched it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back