GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday someone posted a "tweet" that Giselle Macneill would be a guest on HLN After Dark...I taped it, but fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. Did anyone see this? Nothing I saw even mentioned it. TIA ~

i dont tweet but did mention it as well and nope I did not see anything but the usual nothing. don't know where that came from. i can only assume all family is going to stay quiet until this is over and would not doubt they appeal if results not good. Sorry for the bad info...I too was hoping to see her. She was really used by Martin and the good Gypsy.

I posted that tweet yesterday. Here it is:

HLN After Dark ‏@HLNAfterDark 6 Nov
BIG show planned for #HumpDay! #MartinMacNeill's daughter Giselle is here to open up about her dad & her mother's mysterious death. 10pET

I was going to ask if anyone watched it. Guess they lied :liar: huh? :waitasec:

I don't have twitter, or I'd tweet them and ask what happened.

Hi Softail :seeya:
I don't have a twitter either. I can't twit or tweet except on Halloween. :giggle: I am doing good to use a computer ~

Good day all :seeya: Got my lays and cold milk :floorlaugh: Good to go :loveyou:

Carrying this over from prior thread:

I think the others have answered your questions pretty well, but generally speaking in opening statements, you are not supposed to just throw out purported facts that you have no intention of supporting by any evidence (like Baez when he said Casey was molested by her father).

But as a practical matter, there's no way to know in advance what the evidence is going to show so there's no way to really limit in advance what is said in opening remarks.

I don't think this defense attorney's remarks went so far out of bounds that she would be penalized for it, but I suppose a lawyer could be sanctioned or disciplined if they did something really egregious (like Baez).

Of course the Baez molestation one is legendary. If you ask any of those jurors, I bet they'd say it was proven to their satisfaction that George had molested Casey. It's kind of like how most people probably would swear they heard Sarah Palin saying the "You can see Russia..." line when it was actually Tina Fey. But I digress.

I presume it's fair game on closing if the state were to say something like, "You may recall that in opening statements, the defense claimed the defendant had a toe disease, had had all these surgeries on it, etc. You heard not an iota of proof about that during the trial, so the ONLY conclusion you can draw is that his walking with a cane and so on was staged as part of trying to cover up his crime." That must be the chance the defense takes when they stretch the truth in opening. (The tables could be turned of course if the state pulls the same type of stunt.)

I have it taped. I watched the first 20 minutes and saw nothing about Giselle mentioned. I just wonder if in fact Giselle was really on the show?? I'll go watch the rest and let you all know. I have always wondered what happened to that poor child.

Maybe she was the smoking gun thingie they do about half way thru.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 3m
Everybody filing into court for what could be the last day of testimony in the #MartinMacNeill trial. @fox13now #MacNeilltrial

Morning!

Good to see everyone!

I don't know how extensive my note taking will be today....

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 3m
Everybody filing into court for what could be the last day of testimony in the #MartinMacNeill trial. @fox13now #MacNeilltrial

Tricha is also there representing websleuths according to his twitter

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: C'mon expand your horizons

:lol: Add a pizza to that, and my DH would call it dinner. He has to have his chips and milk when he eats pizza. :thud: I don't get it. :waitasec: I don't drink milk very often. :dunno:

tricia is at the trial today?

Tricia Griffith ‏@websleuths 8m
Met Ben Winslow from Fox 13. What a great guy. Fantastic reporter. In court now waiting to start. Thank Goodness for Angry Birds.

Should be a good day for us!! I'm anxious to hear Gypsy aka it was a very long time ago :giggle:

Yes, that happens all the time.

Wonderful.

So is there a magic number when a lawyer crosses X number of times in the same trial the judge can threatening to have him/her sanctioned (which I wonder if that is such a big deal since Jose Baez seemed impervious to it)?

You getting carpal tunnel yet Score ?

Are you a doctor, cubbee? I might have potato toe also....

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :tantrum::tantrum:

The Defense is also gonnna call Jason's parole officer. Really trying to discredit him......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77