GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn the lights on! They need to be looking him in the eye.

I like the artistic flair of showing puzzle pieces from the State's exhibit on Obstruction of Justice.

nice that he said marty has the missing puzzles pieces.....or destroyed those puzzle pieces

Nice, Nice, Nice

"Thanks"

LOL. He did a good job but you can tell he got distracted trying to wrap it up at the end.

Sidebar... judge shaking his head at state's attorney. Did anyone else see that?

screenshot of rebuttal timeline

macneilltimelinerebuttal_zpsff8f8097.png

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/martin-macneill-live-stream.html

Michele's family looks pleased. I hope they get justice <3

No they won't

But by golly the defense told the jurors they would have their charts that they used in closing to take back to the jury room for deliberations as "evidence". So then did defense lie outright or were they saying the evidence that went with their charts and they weren't clear on what exactly the jury got to take back with them?

Sidebar... judge shaking his head at state's attorney. Did anyone else see that?

Probably for going so much over his time....OR possibly for not "thanking" the jury in the usual way (for your time, careful consideration of facts & evidence, blah blah blah).

Did you see reasonable doubt?

I saw b.s.ing through it. But, I see things differently than most.

The way Spencer presented the phone call time line indicated there was no time for MM to kill Michelle. Then on rebuttal, it was shown that this was just Spencer spinning his speculation. In other words. B.S. Spencer is a cagy lawyer but his style stinks.

LOL I really think the prosecutors were reading this board during Spencer's closing remarks

I could just cry right now. I hope Justice is served :please:

Martin secret life w/Gypsy was beginning to intersect between she and Michelle - 2 days after phone call from Gypsy - was the first visit to Dr for plastic surgery.

He returns home and tells Rachel they need a nanny after she quit her job.

Lanny S. offered to nanny for the kids - on Michelle's funeral date - he told her he already had a nurse to hire for a nanny.

Def. talked to Rachel about need for nanny @ the temple - older kids made selves available for Nanny - Rachel went to temple cuompleted her worship - came out and he was not to be found. She drove by his work - gets call from Dad saying where are you? come back!

they sit outside and up walks this women and introduces self as Gillian, pretending to meet in passing - takes out cellphone and puts number in cell - despite they have been talking on cell dozens of time in weeks before.

one week after Michelle death. Only days later he sets up a hiring board to interview he tells everyone he put up flyers, gillian is only one to show up. It was all a farce. 2 weeks later his paramour is moved in the house.

He calls and said I found perfect nanny - Gillian . . .you mean Gypsy Gillian Willis? That is who Mom thought you were having affair with . . .never allowed back to the home.

Gypsy never cooked (1 time) and never clean . . . sit around and be all Goo eyed - nanny eating off Dad's plate - less than 1 mo after Michelle death - Gypsy & Martin visit her parents. Martin writes letter to Gypsy mom, Vicki. Letter dated 5/7/07 - 3rd paragraph - not privy to all your relationshps . . . but I will be eternally grateful that she has become a part of my life.

Gypsy said def never really loved michelle - more like a sister but not like he loves Gypsy. They told that Michelle died Jan 2007 instead of April - taking control of her death date.

Martin paid for a room in nicest place in town - on bended knee he proposed to gypsy. What happened on 4/11/07 and weeks leading up - is the application Martin and Gypsy signed . . . marital status date they chose . . . 4/14/07 that is the date Michelle was buried - 3 days after her death. . . .nothing short of admission of guilt of what happened 4/11/07. He may as well have said in his application "I murdered Michelle".

It is what it is - the defendant's doing.

Yesterday we went over several prison letters - again Gypsy minimize -

I love you with all my heart - let's get married and shut these people up once and for all. These letters coroborate other inmate testimony saying he had a girlfriend.

Michelle was onto him and his secret life - she was on the way - going to take the money and kids and not let him continue to cheat on her drove him to murder. I am glad the ***** is dead - that is what the application screams.

Def. was @ a crossroads . . . plastic surgery and drugs he got Dr. Thompson to Rx to her. Michelle and gypsy - he chose Gypsy over michelle.

Means - planning and know-how to carry out crime of murder of his wife is overwhelming. Back in March 2007 - he attended Dr. appointment with Michelle - he was dominanent personality - directing what was to be done.

Observed by Dr. one week before surgery - he was pushing for surgery - Michelle didn't want surgery wanted to postpone. Ultimately he excused Def. - Dr. Welch had ekg and blood test - he found depression and no evidence of heart disease. she was in excellent health and he fully thought she was going to postpone surgery but 2 weeks later she died.

First time we see Martin be dominent personality - his wishes carried the day. In addition to Michelle not wanting to go forward but did anyway. . . .her parents on the way up with Dr. Thompson she wants to lose weight and get better control on blood pressure. He pushes her to continue - he had already paid for surgery.

After surgery while drugged up - she talked to Alexis about what he had done - Alexis talked about fear in her voice - at the end of the day Martin controls MIchelle.

The date of the physical for Michelle for the surgery - he calls Gypsy and texts 38 times.

Final preop appointment - Michelle and def argued in the car on the way to appointment his wishes carried the day. Talking to Dr. Thompson - illustrates what he is about - the surgery and narcotics Rx'd are the vehicles he uses to kill MIchelle. Cover to get drugs from dr. Thomspons - almost perfect murder but he left a number of clues.

He asked for a specific set of drugs more than Dr. Thompson would ever Rx but he gave them because he was a Dr. he trusted he would take care of his wife. The drugs would have some overlapping effect. . . . valium, ambien.

Great summary - thanks! Great by prosecution and thanks for spelling it all out at once - very helpful.

BBM - this has always bothered me. Who prepays for surgery? What hospital would accept payment in advance, or for that matter could? Nowadays you are charged for every little Chux pad and disposable and even non-disposable whatnots. Every pill. There is no way. I also doubt the physician would have accepted payment in advance either. Really, to me, this is a huge red flag showing how he manipulated Michele into this surgery for no good reason other than to carry out his plan.

Ahhh that's why the head shaking and sidebar.

But by golly the defense told the jurors they would have their charts that they used in closing to take back to the jury room for deliberations as "evidence". So then did defense lie outright or were they saying the evidence that went with their charts and they weren't clear on what exactly the jury got to take back with them?

Those aren't "evidence" so I didn't think the jury got them, unless they were entered into evidence during the trial. Most of these that both sides presented were new and just for closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304