GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know of any soon to be televised interesting cases. I had hoped the woman going to trial for wacking her Professor boyfriend to death with her stiletto shoe would be televised. I'd love to see how someone accidently got clubbed to death with a shoe but I haven't heard anything since it first happened.

Any interesting cases coming up let me know please!

I just want to get back to the Arias case and get it finished! That is what I am waiting for the most..

I bet the person whose cell phone went off at the end almost soiled their pants. as soon as it went off. My stomach tensed up, and I'm not even there!

I wouldn't want the judge to yell at me.

He looked like he wasn't feeling well enough to yell at anyone today. I bet he's looking forward to a nice hot bath and bed.

Just a :rumor:, but in the 1st 10 mins, whoever did the best inmatation of Spencers:eek:ddsmiley: got to be foreman/woman.

just:waiting:

Yes who the heck takes all those at once. Heck if I was taking an Ambien there is no way I would take a pain med. Or vice versa. Even if ordered by a Doc.

And we know Michele was not about to do so on her own!

Just a :rumor:, but in the 1st 10 mins, whoever did the best inmatation of Spencers:eek:ddsmiley: got to be foreman/woman.

just:waiting:
Good one.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Waitin with ya!

Watching this trial with the benefit of all the fine people here on Websleuths has been fascinating. Without the many helpful comments here on this forum -- whether they be legal, medical, anecdotal, or perspective -- there is absolutely no way I could have come to the degree of understanding that I did of the various aspects, personalities, theories & nuances of the case.

They say you learn something everyday -- while participating on this WS forum, I learned many, many somethings and I am grateful. I can't thank you all enough.

Exactly what Italy said ...
I would not have been able to express it nearly so well. Also, many thanks for your own contributions. You have provided much valuable information and insights.

Apologies for jumping in there! I've been following this trial on WS and this was my first post to the MacNeill trial. Howdy all!!! Posting from a tablet for the first time and it's a lot slower than joining in from a 'puter. :)

Shall we speculate on when the verdict will come in?

HLN is currently showing the Defense's closing where Spenser is going over Dr. Frikke's medical findings on autopsy. Spenser spent more time talking about Michele's constipation than he did on the myocarditis. My jaw dropped as he went into a detailed explanation of how full of feces Michele was. I think the jury understands what constipation is. What he was trying to infer was beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that constipation is the ONLY thing he understood. That and cranio-rectal inversion. :) JMV

And speaking of someone claiming facts not in evidence in closing, Spencer said that after Day 6 when Alexis stopped giving the medication (because she went back to school right?) Michele gave it to herself. Uh, where was the evidence proving that? He didn't say she could have; he said she DID.

I just want to get back to the Arias case and get it finished! That is what I am waiting for the most..

I wanted to see her get b*slapped smackdown for 12 pages of stupidy, but was in a closed hearing. Bet she had a migraine after that:floorlaugh:

I'm with you on that. As soon as I get wind of the trail starting the penalty phase I hope someone will be carrying a livestream on it. I would imagine several will. I want justice for Travis Alexander very much. The brutality of that crime, the over kill, the terror during the butchery makes me sick. Last I read it was several months off? And still not settled as to the defense not wanting it televised?

So until then I enjoy this forum so I hope there will something else intriguing to watch, hear and comment on.

I'm thinking it might be problematic for the State that they cannot provide any evidence that mm gave her the drugs, and that she did not take them herself. It helps that she seemed to be tapering of the drugs, but it is not impossible, theoretically, that she took some, got confused, and overdosed herself. enuff for reasonable doubt? Don't know, but for some doubt.

Opiates cause constipation because they slow the gut down.
We were to believe that Michele was taking more than 2 percocet a day and this is why she was so "backed up".
*that is if the jury members already know this*
Was it addressed by an MD during the trial? If so I missed it.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Did Spencer talk about how full of feces she was? What did he say I missed it...Lord have mercy!!

HLN is currently showing the Defense's closing where Spenser is going over Dr. Frikke's medical findings on autopsy. Spenser spent more time talking about Michele's constipation than he did on the myocarditis. My jaw dropped as he went into a detailed explanation of how full of feces Michele was. I think the jury understands what constipation is. What he was trying to infer was beyond me. The only thing I can think of is that constipation is the ONLY thing he understood. That and cranio-rectal inversion. :) JMV

True story... a couple yrs ago my fellow nurses and I were discussing going to the ER and what we thought of the care/treatment. Every single person who has been to our hospital ER was dx with constipation, no matter what they went there complaining about. So it has been a favorite joke of ours to say everyone is constipated, even if having a stroke etc.

Shall we speculate on when the verdict will come in?

Does this State pay for lunch while the jury deliberates? I have seen several seem to wait until after they have had lunch. Maybe it is easier on a full stomach to give life or death news?

If they work on Saturday and get lunch I say two hours after their lunch. IDK maybe it is sooner if they don't get lunch?

I'm thinking it might be problematic for the State that they cannot provide any evidence that mm gave her the drugs, and that she did not take them herself. It helps that she seemed to be tapering of the drugs, but it is not impossible, theoretically, that she took some, got confused, and overdosed herself. enuff for reasonable doubt? Don't know, but for some doubt.

I think Alexis said that Michele could identify each type of medication by touch when her eyes were still bandaged, post-surgery. Alexis put each pill into Michele's hand.

Defense's closing implied that Michele never had pants on and was leaning over the tub trying to wet her hair under the faucet when she "fell" in. IMO that makes no sense. If you were doing that you wouldn't take your pants off. You might take your shirt off to keep it from getting wet, but you wouldn't leave shirt on and take pants off.
Also, Spence implied that Ada's description of finding Michele in the tub "trying to wet her hair" was consistent with MM's statement that she was "face down". But what I recall from little kids who bath and wash their hair in the tub, they generally lean back and dunk their head backwards leaving their face out of the water, so that would be how Ada would naturally describe her mom if Michele was face up, not down.

Don't forget this SS!

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 5h
Casey lost! Casey Anthony will have to defend herself in court against 2 defamation lawsuits! #CaseyAnthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998